Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #869

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I've missed a whole thread, so I'm not going to be able to do EVERYONE's individuals...but I'll respond to anyone who left me a message. Tonight, I was trying to clean a resident's mouth...it was all crusty and disgusting...well, she got ahold of my finger, and BIT DOWN SO HARD AND WOULDN'T LET GO! I started screaming, and my co-worker had to come and get her to let go! Wasn't bleeding ONLY because I was wearing my rubber gloves...but there's quite a bruise.

Wyllenn - I just looked at what I had typed...and yeah, that sounded like I enjoyed the abuse! LOL! I think I'm just going to look for another job. They keep screwing me around...ugh.

Zelma - Thanks! They are the ONLY pair of 20's that fit me...as I'm just NOW fitting into 22's! These pants must be made of magic or something! LOL. Yeah...I feel good about the -50 pounds, but I've been stuck at an even 300 for three weeks! JUST ONE POUND, and I'd stop being depressed! UGH! I wanna see those 2's so bad! Actually, yeah...having no butt does get uncomfortable. I'm constantly having to rearrange myself when I'm sitting down or it's just terrible. I also get embaressed, because of the sag in my jeans. UGH. As for my schedule, I'm pretty much at the mercy of the company. They cut MY hours down...and I even asked for more than every other weekend, and they don't do it...but they hire TWO NEW PEOPLE! Irritates me so much. Glad you are feeling better! Spoiled are we? That's great, though....new toys are so much FUN.

Nancy - Some of the moves on my dvds, I have to sorta improvise, too...but I love being able to do them just like the dancers. Even though, I am no where NEAR as graceful looking when I thrust my pelvis!

I'm beat guys. I should get back to my annoying, chatty self tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

dogpal - thanks! you always make me smile
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Only a quickie, my parents are in bed & I'm just getting my older boy ready for school, Luan you ought to change your avatar for the 'natural' make up pic, you look gorgeous!!!!! Did you have highlights put in as your hair looks lighter in that pic?
Zelma, silly you, take what we all say about how pretty you are and SLIM!!!!! We really mean it!!!!!!
Kayley I will try & take the jeans in if you don't need them as I really like them, hope the needle moves downwards VERY soon for you!!
I forgot what went offf on the other threads, except DOgpal, you exotic person you!!! I never knew you were a Native American! Wow, it must be so exciting having such a heritage! Maybe you ought to write a book about Grand dad's memories, 'Memoirs of an Indian' perhaps!!! HOpe you are not offended at the Indian bit.
Violet, hope you feel better soon and you can get a better job soon too.
Jilly, hope you are LOVING your new job.
Honiangel, hope you are feeling better too.
NO LIfe W/o horses, Hope your studies go well.
Got to go, I'm feeling much better and hope to exercise this morning, back on plan after yesterday's excesses of wine, chocs & full roast dinner.
xxxxsharon
ps If I fogot someone, soory, no time & no BRAIN!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #5  

Good Morning All!

Well, I did survive working until 8 pm Saturday. It was really creepy here alone though - I HATE that!

Sunday we did yard work. Then we did more yard work. Then we did MORE yard work! You get the picture. I AM SO SORE AND TIRED! We cut/dug/pulled up six bushes in front of the house, filled in the holes and straightened out the river rock they have there. Then we pruned the dead wood out of a honeysuckle bush near the street. I raked and blew and sucked up leaves, spread mulch and dug up dandilions on my hands and knees in the 8 x 20 foot flower bed! We would have done more, but by then I was BEAT! There's so much left to do. This is what you get when you decide to NOT take good care of your landscaping for three years.

Of course, we followed the day of hard work (started at 11, ended at 6) with dinner out - again - at a buffet - again. I know we shouldn't have, and I had no points to flex with, but I figure I worked it off.

I'm afraid I don't remember much from the last thread. I did want to address just a couple of things:

Garnet: Re: loose skin. I already have some on my legs, inner thigh. I expect that it'll get worse. I know my belly will have some, as well as my butt. I don't really worry about it too much. I figure I've lived 42 years covering up those parts of my body...so that isn't going to change. What difference does it make if you cover up for fat or loose skin? OH, WAIT! I know the difference - I won't have to buy tents for the loose skin! My arms are my worry. When I started this I measured and my arms were 17". After 80+ lbs...they are 16" -that's with the measure just held loosely, not squishing in or holding up the flab. Someday, if and when I am at goal, I will probably have surgery on the arms. I've always hated my arms, always wanted to wear something sleeveless. Never going to happen otherwise.

Velma: I agree with what other's have said about body image and self-esteem. You know what you weigh. You know that you are now slim. But you probably will always find something to find objection to. I think it's human nature (or at least woman nature!) I am still looking at 3X clothes immediately or saying "I can't wear/do that!" I suspect it takes some time to get used to your new body. You really do look lovely. We're all proud for you!

Someone on here was asking what a jumper/knitted top is in America. I don't remember seeing the answer - We call it a sweater.

There were many things I wanted to address...but for now I'm off. I'm afraid I'm too tired to go back and check the other thread right now. Probably doesn't help that I took a Flexeril at 11 p.m. because I was afraid my back wouldn't survive the night without it after all that bending and pulling (not to mention the tumble I took when the stupid tree sapling I was trying to pull out of a bed gave way and I landed on my big ol' butt!) Got to wake myself up and get to work!

Oh! One last thing - Didn't do the elip. last night cause I figured I'd had enough exercise...but Saturday I did 12 minutes after I got home from the office! Go Me!

Later ladies!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default nuthinfanci73 wrote this on the bottom of the last thread.

Good morning Chicks, I'm playing hooky form work today. Wow, working days then nights and back to days has made me exhausted. I went to Curves Saturday and weighed down another 5 lbs but I cheated all weekend. I hate loving to eat especially sweets. I keep saying to myself you eat to live not live to eat but. I'm back on track today.

Ammi The guy with me in the pic is my fiancé we have been together for 4 yrs. we met on line in a bbw chat room. he lived in north carolina and I in florida. within 3 days of talking to each other on line we met in person.

Kayley WOW sz 20!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!! I have a butt a BIG BUTT. the girls i work with say i have a ghetto butt. ohh how i dream of a size 20. keep up the wonderful work.

GarnetCurves was fine. I'm 5'2 i know how you feel.

ZELMA You look wonderful, but no matter how much other people tell you, you have to feel comfortable in your skin. You give me inspiration. thank you for that.

PRINCESS I love your make up. the high fashion is my favorite. I would love to get some make-up tips from you.

Have a blessed day CHICKS!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #7  

Good morning, chicks...
Mom suggested a walk, so we're going to go in a little bit. It's not TOO bad outside. Going to try and get a LOT of working out in today, as I weighed myself yesterday, and IM STILL STUCK AT 300! GAH! Later on, I'm going to head over to Andrew's house, and chill until he gets off work, and then I'll be going and picking him up, as his car is still in the shop.

I'm getting SO EXCIED for the concert! How am I going to be able to WAIT until Friday?!?! Granted, the concert's on Saturday, but Friday, my friend is coming over, and I'm going to dye my hair (and hers), and I'm going to take my outfit & makeup & hair for a "test drive"...lol. I'm wondering how the people on the train are going to take me...as I'm going to be looking a bit eccentric. I wish Andrew was doing something crazy, but he's not. Blah.

Well, I'm off to get dressed, stretch a little bit, and go for that walk! Have a great OP day, chicks!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Hey ladies,

Well I just got back from the dentist, got 2 fillings, and I still have two more cavaties(sp) ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!,
Deed I tell ya this School life that I have chosen SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! It is boring, 90% of the younger students, well, I just want to rip there freaken heads off, and of course the same routine day in and day out is getting on my NERVES!!!! I am ready to be back in the work force, I may begin looking to get some kind of job, 50 hrs minimum,, I cant take much more of this school ****.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #9  

I know how you feel, Crock...even though I'm a young student, the other people really start to irritate me sometimes, and especially one girl in particular. Snot nose little b&%*ch Ugh, about the cavities....novacaine doesn't work on me, so I HATE going to the dentist, and haven't been in years....oops.

Got in a nice walk with Mom. We walked down the highway to the snowmobile trail, and walked it, and then walked home. Nice 30 minute walk at quite a brisk pace. And I wasn't even out of breath, and my legs weren't hurting! This is big for me! LOL
Old 03-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Zelma – I just have to ask, what does freezing mean to you? I SO want to live in a warm climate where I don’t have to worry about the cold. Let me know if you figure out all of the functions on the heart rate monitor. I keep meaning to sit down with the book so that I can track my calories burned on it. I want to see how that varies from what the machines say.

Xena – Accountants unite! The money thing is tough. I sorted out my need vs. want in that area a LONG time ago, but he just can’t seem to grasp that concept. I would definitely give Wellbutrin a try. I was on it to help me quit smoking and it worked wonders. It is mild and doesn’t have a lot of the side effects of other medications. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your therapist, I would say it is time to find a new one.

Countess – I definitely know that shock you are talking about. It is so hard not to get down on yourself and feel bad about the pictures. That is a great idea to take pictures on that same bench every so often. You should definitely be able to see the difference, especially with a fixed object in back of you. I have been thinking about buying a small digital camera that I can use myself in the mirror and taking pictures at the gym. We have a bigger camera, so it seems a waste, and I tried with my phone and the pictures were too blurry.
Wyllen – do you have any before or after pictures you can share? I’d love to see them!

Valerie – The thing about thin does not equal healthy is so important to remember. Just because someone is small, doesn’t mean they have the stamina to be active. It is definitely about the total package – not just about how things appear on the outside.

Tracey – That is definitely water! Don’t let it get you down.

Luan – you definitely look smaller than your weight – it must be all that muscle. Too bad I was a total nerd in school and never found a sport. I have never been athletic in my life. Thank goodness for second chances!

Amber – Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Hopefully you can find some time in your busy schedule to take care of yourself!

2LosinIt – The important thing is definitely pulling up our “big girl pants” (I love it too!) and moving on. Getting rid of that all or nothing attitude it so important!

Dogpal – I loved your story about that special bear! Do you still have him?

Nuthinfanci – Congrats on the 5 pounds down! Weekends are definitely the hardest for me too.

Kayley – I’m glad your finger is ok. Sorry to hear that the scale is not moving. Just hang in there – it will start moving again soon. You have done so amazingly well up until this point. There is no way it can’t! Also, congrats on feeling good on that walk with your mom. That is a hue NSV!
Sharon – I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Your recovery seemed to be taking longer than you had hoped.

Lilion – It sounds like you definitely worked off that buffet with all the yard work you did. I have always wanted to like gardening. It has always been very mentally appealing to me, I have just never had the physical stamina to do it. Maybe some day . . .

Crock – I totally know what you mean about the younger students. None of them wanted to do anything more than the absolute minimum and would get all pissy if I asked the teacher a question – god forbid I was actually INTERESTED in the class or in actually learning anything. Hang in there though – school is so important. Could you work part-time perhaps to break things up?

Today I have an excuse for being here instead of working – our server in Australia is down and I can’t get to email or my accounting package. I suppose that isn’t a very good excuse – there is always filing to do. Last night I managed to drag myself out to the store even when I didn’t want to go, so at least I got stocked up with good stuff for the week. Not having quick and easy stuff in the house is one of my danger areas. More talks with the BF – things still not resolved, but I am definitely feeling better about stuff. He recognized that I need a bit more room to explore my own stuff, and that we don’t have to do everything together. He really is a good guy. I just need to give him some time.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

sharon - well then i think i will and yes between those pics i got hilights, but its been almost 2 months, and until i pass my plateau i am not doing anything special for myself. no hair appts, no nail appts. im saving those for rewards once i get going again.

thinthinker - gladly, any time, just ask!!

nancy - thanks . i have always been the "big kid" really since i was very young. i was only 6lbs12ozs when i was born. and that was the only time ever i was little. but even tho i was always chunky, and i mean ALWAYS even in elementary school, i always played park league sports, so softball, basketball and volleytennis (volleyball with a lower net). plus i love skating, riding my bike, and other such kid activities. the down side of that is that the average weight for a female my height is 165. so with 173 all bone/muscle mass you can see the problem. they keep telling me that i will lose muscle mass as i lose weight, but that doesnt seem fair... lol
Old 03-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Afternoon Ladies. I am sleepy today. MY hubby was up most of the night coughing and whining poor baby has a bad cold and his ears are hurting him. I made a Dr. apointment for him after work today. He won't miss work unless he is dyin. I have never seen a harder working person then my Joel. He even has sick days and everything.

Sharon: I am not offended in the least. My Uncle is 83, my Dad is 71 and my Aunt is 70. Even Grandma at 100 called themselves Indian. Not Native American. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We are just simple people no fuss. My dad was a chief on the Central Coast Indian Coucil for about 10 years from 1970 something to sometime in the 80's. It is a council of all of the native americans in the area and they came together once a month or so and had meetings about what they wanted to do. He moved from CA to Idaho and is no longer on the council. Now he is considered an "Elder". The greatest part about it was when my Grandma was alive she was like my mom and If I ever got sick she had some kind of medicine to use that we had picked in a field and dried in the summer. I miss that kind of thing. When I got to the age of menstration, once I drank the special tea my Grandma would make no cramps for me! Sorry to blab on, I have the best memories of my Dad's family and especially my Grandma.

Kayley: Congrats on the walking. My hubby walks our dogs alone every evening because I can't make it with them yet. He saw me on the eliptical last night and he started telling our dogs, (we have no children so we talk to our dogs) he told them that pretty soon I would be going for walks with them. I thought it was sweet that he noticed I am getting more able to move around.

Nancy: I still have my "Bearfriend". I could never get rid of him. I had some major trama with my mother as a child and that bear was so helpful to me. I allowed my mother to come to CA from MO and live with me for about a year when she had some medical problems. I took care of her while she had a couple of surgeries etc. When she got ready to move back to MO after a year she asked me if she could have him. I told her no. I put her on the airplane home and when we got back to my apartment I noticed he was missing after a couple of days. She had packed all of her things into boxes and labeled them for me to send them to her every time I got paid to send one or two and I tore into them and found him in there. She was going to try to steal him. UGH. It sounds so pathetic when I write that. I am really pretty normal and I know it doesn't sound normal but there is so much more to it than what I just typed. But, YES, I still have him. Along with my hubby, dogs and bible he would be an item I would grab if there were a fire.

Everyone have a blessed day,
Dogpal
Old 03-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Dogpal -- Thanks for noticing my CW and weight loss! Wow, I just realized I've lost just about 25% of my starting weight! holy crow!

Good to hear you and your hubby talk to your dogs too -- we do all the time. And I think if you keep up with all of this, the weight will come off! You're getting there.

Kayley-- Plateaus are hard, but you'd be losing weight really fast, maybe your body just needs a little rest before it continues! Just keep going!

Nancy asked about pictures. I was going to wait to hit my next mini goal, but there is a dress I would love to take my current picture in and compare. I do have other pictures, but this dress is meaningful to me and just about fits again! So, pictures coming soon I think!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #14  

Nancy - Glad that things are still good with you & your b/f. Time apart is VERY good.

Dogpal - We talk to our cats all the time! Andrew constantly makes fun of me for it!LOL

Wyllenn - All I care about is getting in the 2's! 1 pound loss would be awesome. Weighed at 300 with clothes on, and after eating today, so HOPEFULLY in the AM, all will be better!

I realized today, that even though the 20's fit, they are a bit tight, and make my fat pudge out something terrible, and I'd be self-conscious of it all night, so wardrobe change! Going to wear a black skirt that I haven't worn in ages, and my black & white stripey knee-high stockings, and a plain black t-shirt. I feel more comfortable, and it's still super cute! I'm off to work out some more!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Luan - Hopefully if you are working out you won't lose too much muscle. I don't know about those weight charts - I find them highly suspect. I can't imagine weighing what they say I should weigh - something between 120 - 135. No way!

Dogpal - I am so glad you were able to rescue your bear! It's not quite the same, but I have this stuffed bunny called Pooky that I bought to be my companion when I first moved from Boston to Atlanta. It was a bold thing to do and it helped to have Pooky along - I will always bring him wherever I move to!

Wyllen - You are only two pounds away until your next mini-goal, so that makes sense to wait and make it an occasion. Whatever you decide, I can't wait to see them!

Kayley - Being comfortable is definitely the most important thing. You have been looking forward to this for so long you don't want to feel self conscious the whole time. There will be time enough for those pants.

I have a little inspiring moment to report from tonight. I was in the gym and this woman, who recently started and is a little overweight came up to me and told me that I am her inspiration. I was just tickled pink! She told me that seeing me there all the time and working hard inspired her to be able to do the same. Now I have another reason to get my butt to the gym the next time I am feeling like taking the night off.

I also made the decision to invest in a small camera and I will take pictures of myself everyday to be able to really track the difference over time. I think it will really help me see the changes even when the scale doesn't move. Hopefully no one will get too weirded out if I take them in the locker room - I will make sure no one is dressing at the time. It is late and I have to go grab some dinner so have a great evening everyone!
Closed Thread