Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #31  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I confess - I want to lose weight to get male attention. I'm desperately lonely, and as far as I can tell (and I've been single for two years, mind!) guys only want slim girls. And I've had guys tell me that straight to my face. I know that some of you have managed to find someone who loves you for who you are - I hope you realise how lucky you are!

There are so many other reasons though. Some are good, like improved health and fitness. Some are bad, like wanting to wear nice clothes and dance like I don't care and not feel like crap 24/7.

I don't want to be seem as 'the scum of society' anymore. I don't want to be judged or hated anymore.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 292/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9

I'm loosing for myself, my family, my future family, and for fashion...i wanna wear all kinds of clothes hehe

Eta: Hey Georgiad, I understand where you are coming from. The dating game is tough, I had a guy break up with me because of my weight. I acknowledge that I have low self esteem, but before I can think of any relationship I have to heal myself first outside and in. I'm not sure about the whole scum of the society thing tho, if you have people in your life who make you feel like that then you should probably not be friends with them. When I think of scum of the earth I think of murderers and rapist, not a plus sized women!

Last edited by Puccikat; 02-06-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Puccikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #33  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

It's not friends or family, it's the way fat people are treated in the UK. Looked down on, judged, treated like scum. It's sad, but it's true. We're not people, we're a 'problem'.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

I'm losing weight, so that i can be fit and healthy because i want children in the near future, and i want healthy children. I want to be able to set a good example for them in the future. Also i want to feel better about myself, and lets face it.. beeing smoking hot sometimes helps in the self confidence area. Ao if the side affect of me being healthy is attractiveness and my fiance not being able to keep his hands off me.. well that just helps in the making babies area now doesnt it? lol
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

For myself. I've already found someone who is attracted to me at my current weight, and he'd be attracted to me if I were thin. That's not an issue. I do, however, want to be more healthy, have more energy, and like the way I look when I look at myself.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #36  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Me! My husband loves me for me. I was very heavy when we met and then married. Weight is not an issue for him. I, however, want to feel healthy, feel energetic, light, sexy and good about myself.

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 168.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

i want to look good for myself and only myself. i'm tired of not even being 2nd best. i always try to make others feel good even though i have no confidence in myself at all. i'm tired of that. i'm doing this for me and no one else.
est1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiad View Post
I confess - I want to lose weight to get male attention. I'm desperately lonely, and

I know that some of you have managed to find someone who loves you for who you are - I hope you realise how lucky you are!
Georgiad you are so right! Those with partners who love them no matter what are VERY lucky!

AND .... I have noticed something since I have gained all my weight. There are a LOT MORE skinny guys who will go for a big girl than there are skinny girls who will go for a big guy!

In fact I have noticed even when a girl is huge she STILL wants a skinny guy! LOL!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote