Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #16  

Yes I do it for at least three males.. My 3 sons.. I want to be an active grandmother some day.. My DH also.. But when it comes down to it.... They are the motivation I need..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #17  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

First of all, I do it for me. I want to live a long life for my kids. I also wanna look sexy lol. I want to wear normal clothes again! I want to wear shorts and a tank top this summer without wondering if everyone is staring at me! My boyfriend loves me for who I am already, but I would love to make him drool also lol
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I do it for myself mostly, I want to be comfortable in my skin. I also do it for health reasons and I want to be a good influence for my DS!! And who dosent want to be hot and sexy!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

I'm doing it for myself! When I look back at my 20's I wanna know I truely lived to my full potential and didn't let weight get in the way (as it has before).
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

ME ME ME!! I want to feel less like an overstuffed sausage in clothing and more comfortable in my own skin.
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

100% All About Me!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

I am losing weight for various reasons and the first one is plain old vanity: I want to look and feel SEXY!! The next one is for my kids...I want to be able to roll around with them and have more energy to play with them...the third is for hubby...he met me when I was 175 and watched me "grow" lol...He loves me no matter what, but I want to be the hot chick he met in high school!! (he drooled a LOT back then)
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/170

Height: 5 4"

totally for me. i am sick of being the fat chick in the room, sick of feeling embarrassed to eat even an appropriate amount of food in front of strangers, sick of being overlooked, ready to fit into a crowd, and designer clothes.
my hubby is super kind about my weight, and for that reason i want to impress him.
katiecron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

For my mirror... Honestly lol

I want to just look at myself in it and go "Damn i look good"!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #25  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
I'm losing mainly for health and to feel better and stronger. But another big incentive is to get to where I can quit shopping in the "women's" section. I want normal sizes, not 1X, 2X, etc. or 22W. Hate it!!
Me too! I'm tired of going to the mall and having to go to the "special store" or the women's department while my friend is shopping for the pretty things in the "normal" department. I hate having to sift through sweatshirts with sparkly kittens on the front or big tent-like tops to try to find a sweater that will fit around my chest without making me look like a house. Grrrrr.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #26  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i lost the weight so i wouldn't feel like a "big girl." i had never really been heavy before, so it was hard to see the sizes on my jeans keep going up and my energy level go down. now i'm in the best shape of my life and i'm determined to keep it that way!

it also doesn't hurt that i have a six pack now.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I've said this before, but honestly, I'm doing it all for fashion!

I can't wait to wear the clothes I want and the boots/shoes that I want and look kick a$$.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
MYSELF!

I want to be able to put something on and tell myself 'Damn, ma, you are hella sexy!' Screw the guys, they come and go, but Shari will be here always! And Shari wants to love herself.

So tell me, do you want to lose the weight for yourself.....or someone else?
For the record I am losing for ME ... but at the same time. I don't think there is NOTHING wrong to want to look better for someone you care about.

Why have this "SCREW THE GUYS" attitude??? Wouldn't it be better to reinforce yourself by thinking something more positve?

I think most of us lose weight for many reasons not just one OURSELVES ... to avoid or lessen medical problems, to not be discriminated against on the job, to make sure we are around for our children, to wear all the fashions and clothes we want to wear or in my case USED to wear! LOL! ... what's wrong with wanting to look good for someone too?
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #29  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
what's wrong with wanting to look good for someone too?
Nothing's wrong with it, as long as it's a "too." The problem, though, is that we don't know what the other person sees or what they think looks good or what they want, and therefore trying to match that is not really possible. And asking is... well, think about it. "Honey, would you like me to be 50 pounds lighter?" Wow, who would even answer that question! I'd run out the door!

Some people have their SO sabotaging them or not being very supportive because the SO "likes them the way they are."

So I think what others want, or what we think they want, or what society tells us they want, has to be secondary or even lower on the list.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #30  
Workin' It

I definitely did it for me - I wanted to feel better, I wanted to look better, I wanted to fit my clothes better, I wanted to wear cute clothes, all of those things. The side benefit is that DH likes it as well. He and I actually just had this same discussion about my recent breast augmentation surgery - he asked if I was doing it for me or for him. Again, did it for me, for a lot of the same reasons. I wanted to fit my clothes better, I wanted to feel better about my appearance, I really like to wear slinky lingerie and wanted it to look good. He said the slinky lingerie reason was really for him - no, it was for me. It is just another secondary benefit that he likes it as well.

I agree with Jay - wanting to look good for someone is fine, but it should be a secondary reason. It is hard to find the motivation to do a thing if you are doing that thing for someone else, no matter who that someone is.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote