Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 08:16 AM   #16  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Gang,

Our vet called yesterday with the results of our cat's tests. Wouldn't tell us about it on the phone. Wants us both to come in to the office and bring the cat! Can't be good news. So today we have a 1:00 appointment. Trying to prepare myself.

On the positive side I keep adding more and more colored paper clips to my chain. I found this better than adding up OP days. Somehow seeing the colored clips on a chain growing and growing is encouraging....and, of course, so is the weight loss.

The puppies are a week old today and have doubled in size. They are Chihuahuas!

Happy Mother's Day to all,
Love,
carree
Old 05-11-2002, 10:53 AM   #17  

CARREE, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Pets become part of our family if anything happen to my Gizmo, I'd be a basket case. Please let us know how it went at the vets office.

Congratulations for staying op. Where do you keep the chain of paper clips?

JANA, don't beat yourself up to much. Hey I was off track for over 2 months. I'm finally getting back to where I was before I started goofing off.

KAT, where are you? Hope to hear from you soon.

Ruth
Old 05-12-2002, 08:40 AM   #18  
Fit and Feisty

Talking Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!

I received the report from the doctor who read our cat's x-rays. Kat, I would need your help in decifering the language. The vet was very non-committal in the diagnosis. The only recommendation was another x-ray. There really isn't anything that can be done for him except to give him steroids for the arthritis. Although the vet would not say so, I believe the cat is on borrowed time.

Funny thing is that somehow the cat new we were taking him to the vet. Don't ask me how he knew. But about a half hour before the appointment, he burrowed himself under our bed. We had to go to the appointment without him. Enough of that!

Everyone, let's enjoy our day. My DH gave me the most precious gift.....seven gift certificates for him to make dinner on nights I don't want to.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:18 AM   #19  

Morning ladies,

I hope that the three of you had a wonderful Mother's Day. My mother lives almost 2 hours from me, so I went to visit her yesterday. I don't make the trip as often as I should, so yesterday we didn't rush to get back as we normally do. After I visited with Mom, I visited my dad, then stopped by a cousins home on the way out of town. All in all it was a very nice day.

CARREE, cats have an unusal way of sensing things at times. The last cat I had was full grown when I got him, in fact, I never new how old he was. I had him for five years before he disappeared. He was both an indoor and outdoor cat. He would come in to eat and sleep, then go back outside. He wasn't real affectionate and he never would just jump up in your lap to be loved. Well the months prior to his disappearance he would get in our laps to be loved and to sleep. This wasn't in his nature, so when he disappeared I am convinced that he left to die. As I said, they are very smart.

Well, I better go, hope everone else is doing great.

Ruth
Old 05-13-2002, 05:11 PM   #20  
GmaTo8

Default Finally - I'm back online!!!!

Hi ladies,

I have been without the net for 4 days and have been having withdrawals symptoms. My server still is out, so I changed servers. (Call me a fair-weathered customer) Anyway, it sure feels good to be back.

Carree - your cat is so lucky to have you. You are a very caring and loving person. Alos, I am so proud of you for adding up all the paperclips!

Kat - where are you?

Ruth - I'm glad you had such a nice Mother;s day. My mom's been gone since '84, and I sure do miss her.

I had a nice day, too. The kids were here, and DH cooked
a big meal - ham, potatoes, brocolli-rice casserole, corn, crescent rolls and frosted brownies. It was really good, and he said he took all the calories out.

Toodles,
Jana
Old 05-15-2002, 12:07 AM   #21  

JANA, your dinner sounded wonderful. Can I borrow your "cook". I hate cooking, would love for hubby to do the cooking. He does manage to take me out to eat pretty often. I guess he is trying not to starve!! Just kidding!!

Well I got my grades in, I actually pulled off another 4.0. I was totally shocked. My reward to myself was a new monitor for my computer. Now I can see so much better.

KAT and CARREE, where are you?

Ruth
Old 05-15-2002, 10:55 PM   #22  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi guys.

I've been scarce because I've had a number of 11 hour workdays lately and then have mom stuff to finish the day. The topper is that I caught a nasty cold and have been sleeping every spare moment. Of course, I'll have some good paycheques coming up and they should help me catch up financially.

Carree...if you post the exact terminology for me, I would be more than happy to translate it into real English. How are you doing otherwise? At the moment we have one of our pet rats loose in the house, which is a problem since we also have two cats. I hope we can find her before she gets into trouble. *sigh*

Ruth--stunning grades! Way to go!!!! I got mine officially today and my semester GPA is 3.76 . The cum (picking up from my previous degree) is only 3.43 though. It was a 4.0 until organic chem and physics (Ochem=B in the 1st half and a C in the second, while I got a C in physics--those together dropped my GPA a LOT)
Old 05-15-2002, 11:09 PM   #23  

KAT, I hope you're feeling better. Having a nasty cold can really slow you down. I know you'll enjoy the extra money coming in. Lord knows, you deserve it!!

As for my grades, if I were taking the subjects that are you are taking, I wouldn't have a 4.0. Your grades are awesome with the curriculum that you are taking. Keep up the good work. It will pay off down the road!!

Hope you found your pet rat before the kitties did!!

JANA and CARREE, hope you girls are having a good day & week!!

Ruth
Old 05-15-2002, 11:38 PM   #24  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Hooray! I found Caramel (the errant Ratty girl) INSIDE the sofa arm. We played a game of catch me if you can around the partially extended sofa-bed until I got s spoonful of peanut butter and plopped down on the livingroom floor. Sure enough, Caramel came out of hiding for that and happily munched away--I grabbed her and then settled her back into her cage (with LOTS of extra twisty ties to keep the door shut) with extra snuggles and kisses, not to mention goodies. She was thirsty and hungry but none the worse for wear.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:11 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

First off, big CONGRATS to Ruth and Kat for such good grades! You guys rock.

Carree - where are you? Hope your cat is doing okay.

DD was in the hospital again with contractions. Her doc has sent her home with a shunt and needle that administers meds to keep the contractions away. Doc said that at 30 weeks the twins would have a very good chance of survival, but an additional 3 weeks would aid in their learning capabilities down the road. Amazing what modern medicine has come up with! Her cervex is thinning, though, so I don't know how long she can wait. Those babies are in a big rush to be born and see Grandma, right?
Please keep her in your prayers - her name is Mary.

Later tater,
Jana
Old 05-17-2002, 11:43 AM   #26  
The Rockinghorse Gal

*ROTFLMAO* The following is an entry my eldest daughter (aged 15) wrote in her online journal yesterday. By way of background, we have had no heat and no hot water for a bit over two months, and only just got hot water back last night. We have had to heat all our water on the stove and wash in a large pot placed in the bathtub...

7:29 pm - Shower the people...
Oh my god, I can't believe it!! This is sooo great!!I just took a shower!! As in above freezing water!! As in it could be considered hot!! In my shower! The one in my house!! In my bathroom in my house!! I was about to boil water to wash my hair, and I ran the water. Guess what?? It was warm!! I don't have to spend three hour boiling water for a bath anymore!! I can just take a shower. In my house. With warm water. Oh, life is good.

We all felt that way...it was positively decadent to just stand there immersed in all the hot water we could ever want. *grin* As a matter of fact, Imay just have to go take a bubble bath now--in more than two inches of water!

Old 05-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #27  

KAT, so happy that you have hot water again. Your daughter's entry definitely put a smile on my face. I remember one time when our gas had been turned off, my husband would attach propane to the hot water heater to heat the water inside, then we could take our bath. Thank heavens that was only for a week or so. It's a wonder we didn't blow the house up. LOL

JANA, Mary and the twins are in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us posted on the progress.

CARREE, hey girl, hope you are doing okay. Stop by to say hello.

Ruth
Old 05-18-2002, 08:20 PM   #28  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Gang,

I've been missing in action without internet access for five days. Now I will have to read all of your posts so that I can get caught up.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Love,
carree
Old 05-19-2002, 09:20 AM   #29  

Wink Remember me???

Hello everyone. Well its been such a long time since I have visited all of you. I thought the 3fc site had closed. I was just messing about the other day and found you are still alive and kicking. I am still here fighting the battle of the bulge. I am back on my scenic route of losing weight. I forgot to say I used to be called jojo. I have currently lost 1 stone 12 pounds. I have a target to get to 12 stones by December. I am pleased to say that I have sorted out my differences with my Mum in Australia and we are all going down under for Christmas. My little lad Jake is now 4 years old and a pleasure to live with. I hope that you are all doing okay. I will keep in touch. Cheerio for now...
Old 05-20-2002, 07:46 AM   #30  

Hi JOJO, Welcome Back. You must have joined the group while I was on one of my sabaticals. I've been a member here for over 2 years, but at one point I was "missing in action". I had gotten off track and regained the weight that I'd gotten off. I've relost that and I'm diligently trying to take off the rest.

Hello CARREE, KAT & JANA, hope everyone had a great weekend.

Ruth
Closed Thread