Old 05-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Calorie Counters KISS...May 2006

Guess I'll start the new thread. Deficit of 506 yesterday and feeling much better. Have reconciled myself to very clean eating for the next few days because even bad foods within my calories are making me feel not good about myself. Definitely got in my fruits and veggies yesterday, just need to get in my cardio today. Hopefully weather and work will cooperate and I will get off to a walk at lunch time. How is everyone on this first day of May?
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  

Thumbs up

Today is my first official calorie counting day. I have a new notebook and I've got Fitday set up and ready to go. My first goal is keep track of the calories and stay below 1600. Second goal is to get the right kind of foods. I spent the weekend working on menus and a grocery list. Wish me luck!
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #3  
Live..Laugh..Love..

S/C/G: 248/241/223

Happy May Day everybody!

Welcome Kathy! It is awesome here! Tons of support!

Miles: Hope the you are feeling better and congrats on the deficit!

I did not eat very good this weekend but when I weighed in today I had lost another pound! Yeah! I will have a deficit today(positive thinking here) ...have a great day ......Blyn
BlynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the May thread Miles!
I love making grocery lists, Kathy.
And positive thinking is where it's at Blyn.

Good afternoon everyone. So far I'm doing alright today. I got a bit irritated at work and scarfed a few cookies but fitday says the damage wasn't too bad. I'll see how it winds up by the time I'm done some more running around, making supper, exercising and crashing! I got up waaaay too early this morning and am waiting to hit that proverbial wall.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #5  
Cynical RedHead

Hi there! After a very bad month and a minor weight gain I am back to the calorie-counting fold. My plan is to keep my calories at 1500 or less daily, have at least 30 minutes exercise daily, and try to stay away from alcohol for at least a month.
I know counting calories works, I just forget sometimes
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #6  

Should have crashed earlier. X me off the deficit list for Monday. Ouch!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

hey Y'all- I've been sooo busy I haven't had time to check in. Over the weekend on Sat, I didn't do so hot and had some pizza hut. It wasn't too bad, and I think I needed a little cheat day to keep going. I'm back to it today though
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #8  

Oh say! Fishwoman, hi there! Seems to me I've met up with you before. Welcome to our little thread. Daily accountability (ouch again).
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #9  
dgpebbles

yesterday's deficit was 549..good day of eating but no exercise...I'm running late for work ...cha at you all later
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Ok...April was definatly a bust for me....my day off became a week..a week became 2...and sooner than I knew it..the moneth flew by and 3 lbs came back on! LOL Well..I refuse to update my ticker for the gain...too depressing. Anyways, May is a new month and I will be back posting more because i need the accountability and support. I saw what happened when I got away from that for awhile.

On a bright note...yesterday's deficit was just a little over 700. Thanks to push mowing my front lawn and hauling my two kids in the double stroller around the mall for a few hours!!! Today, I hope to have almost a 1000 cal deficit and 30 mins or more of exercise!

fishwoman--I'm right there with ya...I went off for a bit too and had a minor gain, but it's a new and fresh month! And hey...we still weigh less than we did to start with right? I am choosing to focus on my successes to far, not my small failure.
Angielynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #11  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Mornin ladies,

I know how it feels to slip up, I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately. Doing better last couple days though, deficit of 683. Dunno if I can keep those deficits lasting but hopefully I can keep the clean eating going. Everyone take care!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning!

I am not really sure how to calculate a deficit, but I ate 1184 calories yesterday and did 47 minutes of vinyasa yoga. I calculated somewhere that my bmr is about 1380, so I think I had a deficit for yesterday

SusanB - I have definitely met you before in some other threads. The daily accountability is very helpful. Let's keep at it!

Angielynne - I try to focus on the successes rather than the setbacks, but sometimes it is hard for me. You are right about the fact that we still weigh less than we started, and that is a great thing!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi, I'd like to join this thread if I could. I'm only on "Day Two" of the rest of my life... so it would be easy to slip up at this point. Daily accountability could only help.

My goals are to stay between 1000-1500 calories and put in 30 minutes of exercise every day.

~1200 calories yesterday and 30 minutes biking.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #14  

Hi Tyler - Day 2 for me too.

Yesterday was a deficit of 800 calories and I didn't exercise due to a whopper headache. I do plan to get in a few miles on the treadmill tonght. The FitDay is wonderful. As I said in my intro post, my first goal is to eat less than 1600 cal per day and then try to get the right portions. Yesterday was not a good protein day for me and I know that is an area to work on. Today my percentages are a little better so with some planning, I should be able to make some wise choices.

Good luck all!
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/215/125

hi all ...would like to join this thread as well...so far i have been counting calories for 2 weeks and lost a total of 6 lbs..hopefully i can keep it up and get back down to what i used to be before pregnancy..lol.
reaganjn is offline   Reply With Quote