Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default My hubby left :[

My husband left to be deployed on Monday. I'm not going to see him until the beginning of April and I miss him terribly already.

On his pre-deployment leave I went wayyyyy off track. I'm back up to 150 lbs . I hope this doesn't sound bad, because of course I would MUCH rather have my husband here, but I'm looking forward to using this time to whip myself into shape and suprise him when he comes home .

I'm going to attempt to quit my diet coke/artifical sweetner addiction. This is going to be tough since my whole family is ADDICTED to diet coke. It's horrible. So, I'm only going to allow myself to drink diet coke when I eat out, or on special occasions. Wish me luck!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Post here often to fight off loneliness or whenever you want to chat!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Melissa, my heart goes out to you and your DH. My own son left to Iraq on April 16th and I miss him terribly. I found that with my sadness that I did allow myself too many cheats and am now trying to get back to goal. (I had gained about 10 lbs. too).

Wishing your DH a safe and speedy return home. My son also is scheduled to return home next April. (He does get a vacation next month and I'm looking very forward to it).

One thing I have done is sink myself into daily exercise to help keep my mind and body busy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Melissa. I seem to be the queen of long distance relationships in my life and I know how hard it is!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #5  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

My little bro joined when he was just a junior in high school. Now that he's graduated and already trained, he'll be deploying soon. He's in Georgia at the moment. My heart aches just to think about it

Good luck giving your DH the surprise
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

My fiance is in the military as well. Working on yourself is a great project to keep occupied with. You're going to do great!!

Last edited by Redheaded I am; 08-25-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammar!!
Redheaded I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Melissa. My sincere thanks to you and your family for the sacrifices you all make.

Stick around, you've already got the good idea of using this not-so-perfect situation as a motivator to get yourself in better shape.

More for you
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Awww, hang in there! I'm sure it will be hard with him gone!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #9  
No description available.

Brings back memories of when my dh was in the Navy and deployed.

I know it will be hard. Sounds like you have a good plan of action. My thoughts will be with you and your DH.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #10  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheaded I am View Post
Working on yourself is a great project to keep occupied with.
I whole heartedly agree with the statement. I too am familiar with deployments and keeping busy is key........working out can take up a lot of time and it would be a wonderful surprise for him to come home to!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #11  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default i hear ya!

I definitely feel your pain, and the need to work on yourself while he's gone. My hubby left July 5th for a deployment, and he won't be back home until next June sometime. This is our first deployment coming off of 4 years of shore duty, so it is really being a rough one for me and the kids, and hubby as well. If you ever need to chat, send me a message... and good luck.. I'm hoping to show my hubby a brand new woman when he gets home.. that dog has already lost more than 20lbs since he left... I think I need to be the one deployed, lol.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 294/261/180

Height: 5'7"

Deployment - YUCK! Good luck on the weight loss. Maybe you'll keep yourself so occupied with exercising and staying fit that the time will pass right on by!
Tifferanknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Awww! *hugs!*

It gets easier, sweetie. I promise. Or maybe it's just because i've been deployed too that I understand what goes on better and I don't worry as much. I don't know.

When my hubby gets back in Dec it will be the first time we've seen each other for longer than two weeks in ......... almost TWO years!

They've had us basically rotating on deployments. When he would be getting ready to come home I would be on the way over, and vice versa.

You're going to miss him, but think about the perks too! He won't be waking you up at 5 a.m. when he gets up, you get the WHOLE bed to yourself, and you now have all this free time to do everything you need to do for yourself! Use it and be in fabulous shape when he gets home! Just be careful not to gain back the 'happy weight'.

LoL. You can always tell by the fluctuating waistlines of the military spouses when hubby gets home ... and when hubby leaves.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

Hang in there,
lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote