Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 08:57 PM   #16  

Angry Evening all!

Sorry about being such a bummer the other day everyone. But that is what we are here for right? Support threw the bad, the good and the ugly!

I am having a pretty good day today though. I haven't done so great on my eating, but that's ok! Not all days are going to be good days. I haven't done horrible either. But still no angle.

I think I am pms-ing! I can't get enough chocolate and wow MOODY! But threw it all I did loose another pound! YEA! So that is always good news.

Going to drink allot of water tonight and try and go to bed early.

Zoe, I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! GREAT JOB ON STAYING AWAY FROM THE YUCKY PATTY MELT! And you are doing great on the treadmill! Remember little, by little step by step we will reach our goal. We are looking in the Bedford area for a house because we really like the schools here, but we are having some credit issues right now that are a BLAST to deal with, so we may have to wait a few more months before we are able to buy. BUMMER.

Mel, I think you caught my mood swing! When you said "I want to lose this weight and I'm tired of failing at it!" Wow that hit home! ME TOO!!!!! That is exactly how I feel. You are really doing great with your walking keep it up!! Also have you tried Evian water? mmmmmmm It's really good!

Asta, HAVE FUN!!!!!! DONT BREAK ANY BONES!

I think we are all addicted to the scale! We should make a pact that none of of get on the scale except for every Monday morning! What do you think? I'm game!

Well need to get going have a great weekend everyone! Talk to you all soon!

feffyy

265/235/138( 97 pounds to goal )
Old 03-09-2002, 01:37 AM   #17  
One day at a time.

Exclamation

Hi there,

I'm back and I've decided to trade in my bad attitude for a new attitude! I had to take the night off and eat a little seafood with my family, but now I feel like I can start fresh tomorrow and be strong willed!!!! I guess if you can't enjoy yourself once in a while, then whats the point, Right?

Feffyy, reading your post tonight really perked me up! I think y'alls Idea about staying off the scales for a week or two is a good one, But, can I do it? Let's give it a go!

Thank y'all for being so great, I enjoy sharing in this!

Good night, Mel
Old 03-09-2002, 07:38 AM   #18  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning.....got to go to a dr appt at 8am but then, the rest of the weekend is mine! (minus laundry time) Just wanted to say hello before I start the day.

Mel ~ The scale obsession thing kills me......since I am trying to stay off of it for at least 2 weeks (I'm hoping for a month) lets do it. I was SO tempted to hop on this morning but I didn't.

Have a great morning y'all.....I'll check back later.

Zoe <><
Old 03-09-2002, 11:17 AM   #19  
One day at a time.

Default One down!

Morning,

Well, I was sooo..... tempted to get on the scales this morning but I resisted, and I'm glad. Maybe if I put my efferts into staying away from the scales, I can concentrate on healthy eating and exercise. Right now the family is getting dress to go to the gym, and I'm feeling pretty good, which is a plus when going to workout. It's like I have more energy and get more done on days like this, wish I could feel like this everyday.

Well you ladies have a good day, I'll talk to y'all soon!

Mel
Old 03-09-2002, 01:34 PM   #20  

Angry

Good morning all!

How is everyone's weekend going?

The kids are out of school till the 18th and they have already started in on wanting every one and anyone to spend the night.

We are also contemplating about moving to Colorado closer to family. Not really sure what to do yet? I love it here how there is so much to do, but on the other hand I really miss my family. Do you all live close to family where you are at?

Ok, Ok, Ok...... I have to confess the first thing I did this morning is jump on the scale... But it was just to see if I did any damage yesterday with all of the chocolate. But I vow that I will not get back on the scale till Monday morning! And I will stay off of it again till the next Monday! Monday is the day for me from now on!

Mel, Thank you for being so great too! I also really enjoy this group! It's nice being able to come here and know there is always someone here to listen to me. Have a good time working out!

Zoe, We can do it! I think the "scale obsession" has to go for us all! It really is crazy, It's not healthy to have a good day or a bad day depending on what the scale says. Sometimes we can gain 2-3 pounds of water weight from eating to much salt. But we take it as a failure and end up having a crapy day because of it. Lets stick together on this! You can do it girl!

Talk to you all soon

feffyy

Old 03-10-2002, 10:19 AM   #21  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Sunday Morning!

What a beautiful day! Yes, it's a big cool here in east FW but I feel great! At the same time, I feel a little ashame of 2 things. First, I didn't go to church. I am watching it on TV but it's just not the same. Second, I got on the scale. I'm so sorry ya'll. I know that I promised and *I* was the one who wanted to wait 2 or more weeks. But I just couldn't stand not knowing how I am doing. The good thing is, for me anyway, that I did wait 6 days before hopping on. Like I told y'all, I usually get on it EVERYDAY, 4 and 5 times in a morning so this sort of is an accomplishment. But I'm ashamed all the same. I won't post my weight now although it did go down, until at least Monday when my 'usual' weigh in would be. I'm going to really try to keep it to a minimum, I really am.

feffyy ~ Moving to Colorado???? Wow, don't leave, don't leave... Hey, if your family is there and you are all close, I know it's difficult to be away. I am not from here either and it does get hard, especially at the holidays. We (my husband, me and my son) are the only family members here in TX ~ everyone is elsewhere. My daughter is in FL as is my mom, brother, dad and step mother. We're originally from NJ so there are a bunch of siblings up there. But I miss FL and since we just got back a few weeks ago from a visit, I've been grumpy, wanting to live there again. Greg says we will when retirement comes around but hey, that's a long time from now. Good luck in making your decision and in what you do. Would it be in the NEAR future or is it just a thought right now?

Mel ~ Good girl for staying off the scale. You are the strong one here. Even though I failed in this attempt this week, I really do know that it IS best, especially for wanting to see a difference in the numbers.

asta is probably skiing her little legs off now....

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/196/148
Old 03-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #22  
One day at a time.

Default Don't worry,Be happy!

Good morning !

I walked a mile and a half yesterday at the gym, and played basket ball with my son for a little bit. But I won't be able to go today, my husband made plans to go visit someone that he works with, but maybe I can walk on mine when we get back.

I didn't get on the scales today, but not because I didn't want to but because I'm affraid of what I'll see. I cooked for company last night, and ate bread and pasta so I can just imagine how bad it's gonna be when I do weigh! I think I may skip weigh in Monday, and wait a week!

Zoe, I think you are strong, if you waited 6 days. It's hard to resist when you're so anxious to know.

Feffyy, I think that you should do what ever makes you happy. If moving back to Colorado will, then go for it! I don't have any family here and it's hard to be alone so much, my husband is always at work amd my son at school. To be honest, we've been talking about going back to Louisiana.

I guess I'm going get ready to go, I'll be back later!

Mel

Have a good day!
Old 03-11-2002, 06:39 PM   #23  

Hi all,

Not really sure how I am feeling today. I always watch out what I cook for the family because I know there are some things I just can't stay away from. So what do I do? I go to the grocery store and get the stuff to make meat loaf and mashed potatoes and homemade bread. As as I knew I was not able to stay away from it. Then I figured what the heck, I already ruined today so might as well have some Easter candy. I feel really bad. I don't know why we do things like this to ourselves? I know I am not alone here either every one of us in here has had bad days. I feel better talking about it though. But tomorrow I am starting over fresh! And going to just get right back on track

Mel, I think I will do what you said about waiting a week to get on the scale. I know I have probably gained back the 4 pounds I worked so hard to get off and I just can't face it. I am going to wait a week too! I am proud of you for walking a mile and a half at the gym! Way to go! Don't feel to bad about the pasta, at least it wasn't as bad as what I ate.

Zoe, If we do move to Colorado it won't be until 6 months. And for that matter we may not even go at all. We are in the process of trying to make a decision. Not sure what to do right now.
I also wanted to commend you for for staying away from the scale for 6 days! wow! I think you are doing great!

Sounds like the two of you are in the same boat as me with being so far away from your families. Mel, what part of Louisiana? Zoe, that's great you just got to visit you family, but sounds like you really miss them allot.

Well I will talk to you all tomorrow! Have a great Monday all!

feffyy

Old 03-11-2002, 07:51 PM   #24  
One day at a time.

Default I'm BAD!

Hi ,

well as bad as I did this weekend, I got right back on track today, and really felt better than I have been feeling.

Feffyy, please don't praise me for being good cause I wasn't, my husband wanted cake and Ice cream for our guest so I had some too! But I didn't do as bad after I had it, I didn't eat but a bite when we went to visit Sunday afternoon.
I'm from a small town just east of Baton Rouge,La. so it's a pretty good drive for us to go visit, but I'm planning to go in a couple of weeks but before the new puppies come.

I've been trying to get my house picked up, but with this nasty weather it's hard to clean anything. I am so ready for summer to get here!!! Well ladies, I hope you had a good day. I'm gonna go for now. Be back soon!

Mel
Old 03-12-2002, 09:20 AM   #25  
One day at a time.

Default Another day

Morning

Well, I just can't seem to stay faithful at night when my husband and son are home. I couldn't stay off the scales either, but I'm at the same weight, so I guess if I'd behave then I would have lost some! Plus I didn't walk again yesterday, which makes 2 days in a row. My husband is home sick today, so I need to try and be strong willed. If you girls have any suggestions that might help me resist temptation, I'd love to hear them!

Asta, how was the ski trip? I hope you had lots of fun! It looks like it's finally going to warm up here! YIPPY!!!!!

How's everyone doing? I started a new diet plan yesterday, it's called "A Perfect You" and you get a 2 week kit that comes with a protien drink for breakfast, a mid-morning snack. Then you eat a small healty lunch, drink the energy drink that comes with it in mid-afternoon, and then a sensable dinner. It's pretty easy, if I could stop with the snacking around my family, because that's all they do! Oh, and the kit even comes with vitamin packs and it also has an appitite supressant but it's all herbal! No drugs, only problem is I can get all the vitamins down, but I'm gonna do the plan with out them. I'll just take a multivitamin on my own. Wish me luck!

Talk to y'all soon! Mel
Old 03-13-2002, 08:34 PM   #26  

Angry

Happy Wednesday all!

I am doing my best to try and stay motivated. Been really hard for some reason lately. But I am going to hang in there and try and be a good girl!

Mel, I still wish to praise you, even if you haven't been perfect. Because just trying at all is worth a pat on the back I think. Keep us posted on how the new diet is working out ok! good luck!

Zoe, How is it going? Did you make it to Church? You said it was bothering you that you didn't go the other day. I feel that way sometimes too, but I have found some great people on TV to watch. Have you ever watched Joyce Meyer? She is awesome!

Well I will talk to you all tomorrow! Have a great day all

Old 03-13-2002, 08:48 PM   #27  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening ~

Well my friends, I'm not doing too good in the dieting department. I've felt so "trapped" keeping a journal of my eating and feeling like I can't have this or can't have that or I've had too many of those or I can't have any more of that or I can't even have that.......so I decided that I would stop the TRYING and just eat better. I'm going to try not to over eat and not eat a bunch of junk. If I can do this, I'm bound to lose weight.....right??

feffyy ~ I love Joyce Meyer!! I watch Charles Stanley and Jack Hayford too. I get so much from Jack Hayford. Do you know him? Joyce Meyer has been a great inspiration to me too ove the years. Do you have a church here? I've been going to Pantego Bible Church on I-30 and Eastchase.

Mel ~ Where did you get "The Perfect You" plan? It sounds like something that could really work. I'm just so undecided about what to do right now. I keep changing and keep going off the plan I choose that it's making it worse. Good luck with it.

Well, on a positive note, I did lose 3.5 lbs. I must confess that it WAS 5.5 last Sunday but I'm going to hold on to this 3.5 and try to continue with it. So my 196 is now 192.5. Woo Hoo...can't wait to be in the 180's.

Have a great evening y'all. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/192.5/148
Old 03-14-2002, 08:59 AM   #28  
One day at a time.

Morning strangers!

I was beginning to think I ran y'all off I'm doing pretty good on my new plan, not alot different though. I'm just having a protein drink once a day now instead of searching for a healthy choice on my own.

Zoe, I got the plan from a distributor for Advocare, you can go to www.advocare.com to find a distributor near you, or call 1-800-542-4800. It's easy to use because everything you need for the plan is given to you, and you just have to eat 2 healty meals to go with it!

Feffyy, Thanks for the praise, it's nice to feel like I am doing it. I guess that was the hardest part, getting started. But now I'm doing better and being stronger about my choices and it feels good!

I've been thinking about my main goal, and I think I'm going to change it, but not until I'm at least half way there. In school I was between 135 - 145 and it was perfect for me, and even though that was a long time ago I think I'm gonna go for 155. Like I said, I'm not changing it yet, but I know what it is and I don't want to get overwhelmed right now while I'm still in the begining. Oh, I also ordered some books from Amazon.com, they came yesterday! One was a set of audio tapes to listen to, and I ordered a WW book just to see what it was about, I also order a pretty food & exercise journal that has some motivating passages or something in it! But I will admit that I haven't been wrtiting my food and exercise down for the last few days, but it does help when you keep up with it.

Guess I'll be going for now, be back soon! Mel

Last edited by mel17; 03-14-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #29  

Angry

Hello girls,

How are your days going? It seems like we are all stuck in the same rut. I really think this is just part of dieting. No one has good days ALL of the time. Maybe we should try something new?
I was thinking the other day about WHY I want to be thin again. There are just so many reasons... There are so many things I miss about the old me. I was thinking maybe we could all share our own personal reasons... Share if you want, if not that's ok too. I will start.

1. Getting dressed with out trying on 20 different outfits and then still not being happy with the way I look.

2. Wearing Jeans again!

3. Wearing a belt!

4. Tucking in my shirt.

5. Not shopping in the PLUS size department.

6. Liking what I see in the mirror.

7. Not looking like a scum ball in sweat pants and a tee-shirt.

8. Being able to shave my bikini line with out a mirror.

9. Dressing for the weather not my size. (a big tee-shirt and long shorts are not the most comfortable thing to wear in July in Texas!)

10. Feeling sexy.

11. Being comfortable!!!! (in a car, in a group, in a roller-coaster, in bed, etc. and ESPECIALLY during sex.)

12. Getting jealous looks from other women

13. Getting complements again!

14. Not being ignored (people use to open doors for me and help me find something in a store, now I feel invisible.)

15. Looking forward to seeing old friends and family with out cringing about having to face them because of my weight. I want to hear again "Feffyy you look great!"

16. Getting looks from men ( I know I am married but it's still nice to get noticed once in a while)

17. Feeling good about my self again.

18. Not panicking or making an excuse every time a situation comes up where I have to wear a baiting suit!

19. Not feeling like everyone in the room is staring at how overweight I am. Self confidence!

20. Being able to run and have enough energy for my kids!

Well I can think of about 100 more reasons if I keep going, but don't worry I won't do that to you! I think it helps writing these down and seeing them in print. A really great motivator!
Can't wait to hear you all's!

Zoe, that is AWESOME about the 3.5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I would kill to weigh that right now! I am soooo proud of you! I have never seen Jack Hayford but I will have to watch for him. Hang in there you are doing great, and I believe in you!

Mel, How tall are you? Just curious because of what you said about your goal weights It sounds like you are doing great on your new diet plan! Keep it up!

Sorry for always typing so much, I try to keep them short, really I do. But what can I say I have the gift of gab.

Have a great night all! Talk to you soon

Feffyy

Old 03-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #30  
One day at a time.

Good evening!

Well, what a day! I usually stay home and keep to myself but I decided to get out and tend to some paperwork that need to be taken care of. First thing this morning my sons hamster died, and he went off to school totally upset and in tears. Then off to town I go, had my copies made and headed back for home, I didn't even get half way there before my tire blewout! Luckily a very nice man stopped and changed it for me, then my husband finally showed up when the man was about to leave. Then I had to go back to town to get new tires, by the time I got home I felt drained!

So Feffyy, my #1 is being able to spend the day out without feeling totally beat!

2. Feeling good about myself!

3. Looking and feeling sexy again.

4. Not worrying about dying young from a heart attack, and leaving my family.

5. Wearing cute little skinny clothes!

I'm sure I could go on all night too but I think I'll save some for tomorrow, maybe we could share a few reasons everyday to keep them fresh! What do y'all think about that?

By the way Feffyy I'm 5' 3" and in school before my son and everything I was between 135-145 and looked good. I don't have a tiny little build, oh how I would love too, but anyway I was happy at that weight. So I'm gonna shoot for 155 and see how that feels now! I know I may be dreaming, because that was almost 12 years ago but we'll see. I'd love to get there and keep going but I'll just take one step at a time and worry with that when I get there.

Hi Zoe, let me know if I can help you find out more about "The Perfect You". And congrats. on the 3.5lbs. that's great!

Guess I'm going for now, be back soon!

Mel

Last edited by mel17; 03-14-2002 at 09:37 PM.
Closed Thread