Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #16  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunula View Post
Thanks, all. Logically I know she wasn't trying to bash me...but it's those "subliminal" things that really hurt.

I just took a brisk 20 minute walk with my dogs and made a bowl of 6-bean soup. I feel better now.

I'm almost looking forward to those Christmas pictures...

way to get revenge!!! I love it! Good for you!

I also HATE being photographed now. We're around the same weight. I am the one always taking photos and I do self-portraits of myself so I get the right angle.

Recently I won a pretty big competition at work. My photo was made into billboard size and hung in a large picture window in our cafe for a month! A MONTH I had to be faced with Ms Larger than Life even Larger!! UGH!!!

We see ourselves in the most negative way though. The comments were strange and not so kind, that is true, but I don't think she meant them truly to hurt you. I really do understand where you are coming from though.

I'm just really proud that you did something POSITIVE for yourself afterwards!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

I agree about keeping the fat pictures. I wouldn't necessarily put them on the fridge where they'd be depressing me every time I was in the kitchen . Usually I put stuff like that on my computer desk hutch. I want it there as a reminder, but I don't everyone who walks through my kitchen to look at it. You'll be taking better pics in no time, so post one of those next to the fat one. When I was at my heaviest I rarely got in front of a camera, but you can't get out of being in wedding photos! I have to admit that one of the good things that came out of our lovely daughter getting divorced, was that I could get rid of that wedding photo! He was a jerk anyway, and she's now dating a wonderful guy that we really like.

One of the things I noticed when I lost weight was that I actually look happy when I smile now. Before, even when I was smiling my eyes still looked sad.

Hang in there!
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Thanks, everyone. This is such a great community!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/222/154

Height: 5ft 7

I don't think people realise how much their words can hurt. When I went to my cousins wedding I had not seen my uncle for years and when my Auntie told him who I was he said in front of everyone "by you're a big girl now aren't you" I was devastated.

Well done on not binging. Just keep in mind that when you reach your goal she wont be able to recognise you again x x
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #20  
Paparazzi Mama!

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'5

I read this somewhere on this site:

Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now.

Binging is just a bandaid for the situation. I binge all the time but i'm learning to control my emotions so when I feel fat and depressed I dont go to the drive thru and super size everything. That's how I got to my current size now. The point is that you've lost 11 lbs (your weight loss ticker) and i'm sure you worked hard for that. Easier said than done but try to channel your hurt into something constructive. Put on some angry music and dance, or exercise. Walk it off. I'm sure what you want long term is to lose weight. Don't let your rude family members try to sabotage that. Prove them wrong. Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels. Next years vacation you'll be the hottie in all the photog's.
4blondie27 is offline   Reply With Quote