Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 08:55 PM   #16  

)Okay, Mary, calm down!!!! I haven't been able to get a small enough avatar for my name either.

Thin You can have your snow. I only love it when I don't have to go to work in it.

pa , congratulations....I feel left out I didn't lose .

I won't this week either if the last half hour is any indication. Real short version: I worked for an international manufacturing company for 27 years. 3 years ago the company was bought by a huge company. 1 1/2 years ago I quit to move and take car of my Dad (stroke). Today I was told all the people in my dept and the ones that had worked for me are being let go. They are centralizing the accounting dept in New Jersey. (nothing against your state, Kat ) I just feel so sad for all of them. I immediately went for peanut butter toast. I haven't had that in years. Only two pieces but still...big corporations...used to be a good thing to work for them but now it seems it is an unstable environment.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:07 AM   #17  

Hi everyone,

Mary, Lucky, and Baylee, I know the feeling. I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm back to 250lbs. What's going on??? I'm going to remove this scale from my bedroom. It's playing games with my mind. I tried another tight dress and let's just say I need work in the hip department . My left love handle is bigger than my right. I need to do some side bends.

I've been sleeping the evening away. I slept five hours after work. Hope it's not another bug. I've been eating 3 meals and healthy snacks. The only thing I'm shorting myself on is sleep.

Kat, I saw the spongebob episode--sailor mouth. It was hilarious. Dubbing the swear words with flipper. I love that cartoon.

Thin, the snow sounded lovely. One day I hope to see sunrise on snow like you described and after an ice storm. My friend went to the east coast during winter last year and she froze. The bone deep kind of freeze. Not to mention her skin and lips cracked. Our air is very moist here. Don't need much moisturizer if you stay out of the sun.

Sleep calls. Four hours until workout.

See ya,
Malia
Old 02-28-2002, 08:17 AM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

Hope all are well today. not much going on I'll be back later
Old 02-28-2002, 09:17 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

By George I did it
Old 02-28-2002, 09:46 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Hey kids...

I would have posted yesterday, but I literally fell asleep at the computer! I was typing away, actually had written quite a lot ... I know the clock said 10:30 at one point ...when my eyes popped open, IT WAS 11:30! So, I deleted the FASCINATING (apparently! )tale I was telling and trundled off to bed...

I do remember thanking Lucky for sending some snow my way! We had the biggest, swirliest snow flakes coming down yesterday morning! So pretty, but it didn't last... Lucky, don't be down on yourself for eating peanut butter and toast, that's one of my favorites! 2 slices never killed anyone. Now if you said you'd slathered an entire jar of Skippy on a loaf of bread, there WOULD be cause for concern! I understand what you're saying though...that you turned to food to fix your feelings...don't we all??

These past two days I have walked in the morning. There's a park with a track near my daughter's school, so I thought what the heck...I drop her off, walk for 20 minutes and I'm home in plenty of time to get my boy off to school. If I get to the gym later in the day, fine, if not, who cares? I've done something! I got out yesterday before the snow came, it was raining though! Today I brought 2# hand weights with me and pumped away as I walked.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU LOSERS!

But congratulations to all of us for coming here everyday to support and help each other...

Before i doze off, I think I'll hit "submit" Hi to everyone, love to all!
Old 02-28-2002, 12:48 PM   #21  

Way to go Grannie.....
Thankful Thurs....
1. for making my goal for the month
2. for the whole family eating healthy along with me.
3. my watch is loose on my wrist...(what a place to lose weight)
Have a good day today everyone!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:48 PM   #22  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up I think I'm going to run stark raving mad into the streets!

Hey everyone! I think I'm going to go insane. I was on the last line of what probably was my longest post yet and I had replyed to everyone individually and I was so proud of it and I went to include that last smiley........AND I LOST MY AOL CONNECTION AND LOST THE WHOLE BLAME THING! Ok, having said that, I will now try to condense what I have typed. Other than wanting to kill the computer right now, my husband is first in line. He is driving me crazy. For those of you that don't know, I work thirds and he works seconds, and he wakes me up every day blowing his nose. Now, you might think that's not a very big deal, but you have never heard this man blow his nose. It's like a big elephant gun going off. I just know that pea-sized brain of his is going to shoot out while he's blowing and we'll never find it because it is so small. I think I'll just kill him and tell everyone he died. Lord, knows I love him though. Ok, on to individual replies.
Kat: Congrats on the choice of fruit and all that exercise you've been doing. I've been putting off the exercise this week and you just motivated me to get off my butt. And we ALL feel like kicking that scale's A$$ from time to time!
Malia: Isn't it nice to wear clothes that used to be tight and they fit or are even lose? I love it. I wore a pair of pants to my WW meeting Tuesday night that I got for Christmas and they were too tight and that night, they seemed "loose"! I loved it!
Lucky: Don't worry too much about staying the same. And I know you might think that's easy for me to say, because me and the scale have been getting along so well lately, but I am a success before I ever step on that scale. Yes, I do want that instant reward that the scale gives me, but, if I know that I've stayed within my points, exercised a moderate amount and drank my water, then no matter what the scale says, I am a winner. All I know is that I will be able to do all the things I have never been able to do and that for me is better than what the scale says. "My weight is nothing more than the number on my scale, and I refuse to be judged by a number." Good Lord....I sound like a WW advertisement. Also sorry to hear about you past co-workers. That is really hard.
Grannie: Congrats on being able to attach those little buggers! It took me forever to learn too. Hope your having a nice week.
TT: I love the way you described the snow. Where I live we hardly ever get any snow, and I would love to have some. The way you described it reminded me of the scene from "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie wakes up on Christmas morning and all the snow is clinging to the trees and it is just beautiful! Also, sorry you are sick my friend. {{Hugs}} to you. Feel better.
p.a: Congrats to you on the weight loss girl! You are doing it too!
Baylee: Ok, I am going to try to tell you how to attach the pictures at the end of your post without confusing you. When I first asked someone to tell me how, they said to just click on "browse" at the end of the post and add my picture. The only problem was: I didn't have any pictures saved! Now, first to add them, you have to have the pictures. To start, whenever you see a cute attachment at the end of a post, "right" click on it, and the window will pop up and click on "save picture as". That will pull up another window to either your documents or your pictures and the name of the little animation will be in the window and you click on "save" and viola! You have the picture saved. Do this everytime you see an animation that you like. You can also do a search on the internet for "animated gifs" and there are tons of websites you can go onto and do what I told you above and save them for when you want to use them. Now, once you are ready to post. Click on "browse" at the bottom of the post and it will pull up all of the animations that you have saved......click on the one you want to add "just once" and then click on "open" and that will add it to the bottom of post. Note: If you click on "Review Reply" to see what you have written before you submit it, it will not show your attachment, but when you click on "Submit", it will be on the thread. Hope I have helped a little.
I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. But I've been typing like a madwoman before it bumps me off again, because I just don't have the strength to type all this again. I think I now have arthritis!
And last but certainly not least: 2cute: In case you are lurking around here somewhere. We love you and miss you and hope you are ok. My prayers go out to you and your Mom and Dad.
Now, what I am thankful for:
1. My little boy is still sick, but better.
2. For all my friends here. I don't know how I've made it without you this long {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
3. My hubby. Even if he does blow his nose too loud.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default My day

Today is the third anniversay of my MOMs journey to Heaven. I do miss her much but I am living the life she prayed for me.

I LOVE YOU MOM

I had lunch with my sisters and we had a good time reminiscing about her and visiting with each other. I had the greatest meal, a chef salad and rasberry sorbet. MMMmmm it was delicious.

Mom with one of the singers from the Coasters
Old 02-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Hey Everyone! Just can't seem to get my "fix" this week on the thread. Every single moment it seems like I want to log on to find out how everyone is doing and to see if anyone has added another post.........Where is everybody?! I miss you guys!

Joe Anne: Sorry to hear about you mother. I can't say that I know how you feel, seeing as my Mom is still here with me. I can imagine, though. Sounds & looks like she was very special. Glad you had a good lunch with your sisters.......sounded yummy.

Well, I guess I'll head on out of here......just checking in on everyone. Hope you are all ok and I want to see you guys tomorrow!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:02 AM   #25  

Hi there!

Joe Anne, I loved your tribute to your mom. My mom's still with me, but it'll happen one day. Gee I get a lump in my throat thinking about it. But I have many, many lovely memories like you do. Losing my dad and my dog has prepared the way for the most special person of all, my mom. Thank you for sharing. I needed to be reminded.

Grannie, mastered the gif. Check out www.uselessgraphics.com. They have oodles to choose from. By the way, I like your avatar too.

Thankful Thursday.
1) I'm thankful for completing 4 days of exercise
2) I'm thankful I feel much better today
3) Thankful to be alive during this beautiful time of the year
4) Thankful work turned around 360degrees from yesterday

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 03-01-2002, 08:21 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Malia thanks for the site I'll check it out. I like the avatar too.
Not much going on .

I still have my mother but I have lost my Father and step-father.

I'll be back later have to go shopping today.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:05 AM   #27  
a work in progress...

Good Morning All...

I've got tons to do today...food shopping, pay the bills, laundry, tidy up around here...call some lunatic mom who is still harassing me about a patch her son didn't get from Cub Scouts (!?!) I'm procrastinating on that one right now...

I got my walk in again today...started out thinking, "nooooo, not today," but I did it and feel great.

Queen B, your posts always make me laugh!

Shoot, there's the phone...oh well here we go...

later,
Old 03-01-2002, 11:34 AM   #28  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello one and all...

I am sorry to have been awol for so long but my life is in transition!

I have read some of the posts and continue to be uplifted by all of you in my struggles towards a healthier weight and attitude. You are all wonderful women and I feel I am among sisters! Bless you all.

About a week ago I left my marriage of many years do to abuse issues...I am on my own again for the first time since I was a teenager. It is a weird feeling. I am feeling quite liberated, but a little scared of the future. I have my own small apartment about 7 hours from where I had lived. My brother lives about 20 minutes away and he and his wife have been real supportive. I took my cat, Simba, a few household items and my clothes. I don't hate my spouse, but I don't respect nor love him. I have felt more alone in my marriage then one could believe possible. This has been after years of trying to reach him on many levels. He has some serious health issues that affect his emotions( that is why I have tried so long to stay & work at the relationship, I felt that marriage is a scarament and vows are meant to be kept) but nevertheless no one needs to stay in an environment that is unhealthy.

I couldn't live under the stress of always knowing anything I would say could bring on an explosive outburst or demeaning coments. It all came to a head when I refused to mortage a property that had been deeded to me alone by my father..

I was supposed to mortage this piece of property to pay off a very large credit card debt of my husbands. I refused and he told me how worthless I have always been and how much money I had cost him over the years and said he was kicking my A-- out!

I want you to know I did NOT use those Credit Card of his. I felt that this un mortaged property was security for the future and a nice rental property right now from which he took the rent money.
I didn't fight with him, I just said " I don't deserve to be talked to like this" and it is not going to happen anymore! He said to get out, and I said "is this what you really want, and he said yes." so I left.

Our daughters, educated professional women both support me and one said she would have left the marriage 20 years ago...
Don't misunderstand here, This doesn't mean that they don't love their Dad( they do) they just couldn't live with him either. I will not say unkind things about him because he is the father of our kids, and the grandfather of the grandkids. He has a lot of good characteristics too.

On the plus side of things I am in the 200's for the first time in years! I have been losing right along & hope I can keep it up.

I apologize for the long and perhaps boring post...But I wanted to let you all know what has been happening.

I will continue to check in here as often as I can.

Until then................
Old 03-01-2002, 11:43 AM   #29  
a work in progress...

Syn,
Congratulations for taking such a drastic step in your life...I admire your courage. I can only imagine how hard it was, and I applaud the fact that despite this stress, you have managed to lose weight!!

We will always be here, I will, anyway...this is my lifeline, my journal, my support group, my therapy, my friends...

{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}
Old 03-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #30  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Do not post here!

Yippee! Two threads in a row I get to start! 2cute would be so proud.

Don't post here........go on ahead to 300+ and Ready to Try Again.......#138

Closed Thread