Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:33 PM   #76  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry HAPPY SATURDAY

GOOD DAY LADIES--
Well I am back from the first part of my week-end of alot of driving!! 400 miles yesterday--wasn't too bad though I left at 5am and got there at 8:30 traffic was pretty good through L.A.. Spent time wife my daughter after she got out of class--had lunch with her---watched her and the team in their tennis match--had dinner with her --dropped her back at her dorm and returned home at 10:30pm--just in time for my son to get home and tell me about the lecture he was at [ one-half of a grade extra credit for his Womens Studies class---Womens Studies for my SON go figure!!! He says it is way cool- over half the class is male.
My daughter didn't win -- lost her doubles match-a pro set-8 to 6-- the positve about that though was she was down 6-0 to start--lost her singles 8 to 2 but actually was in almost every game-- 5 went to duece but she lost all those. I was very proud of her though she didn't give up and played well for her.
Heading out in a few hours-100 miles north for my son's track meet--high jump. Just got off the elliptical trainer that was delivered yesterday--ALTHOUGH they brought the WRONG one--we will get the RIGHT one on Tues. It seemed to work pretty good. Someone at door--Be back
Old 03-09-2002, 12:40 PM   #77  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry I'M BACK

Well it was the GIRL SCOUT cookie kid!!! She just loves our house.
Any way GEN__ CANOES is right it probably is muscle. Don't give up--it isn't an exact science--your body is going through alot of changes---just look at the WHOLE picture--- Let's suppose that you didn't lose any weight-- BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!!! YOU STILL HAD ONE GOOD HARD WEEK TOWARDS BETTER HEALTH THAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE!!!!
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK-END LADIES

GOD BLESS YOU-Gary
Old 03-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #78  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hey All! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.. I don't know what's wrong with my computer (I'm using a different one right now) but for some reason I CAN'T POST!!!!!! It says that I'm not signed in and then when I sign in to post, it does the same thing again... then when I hit the post button it says to sign in AGAIN.. and by then the message gets deleted. It's a terrible cycle and I don't know how to fix it. So... if you don't hear from me, you know why..

I didn't lose any lbs. this week, but i'm glad i stayed the same. Gennel, don't be so upset with yourself!!!!!!! Your period really kills the weight loss thing. Just stay on plan and you will have a big loss next week!!!!! TRUST ME!

I am not doing so well. I don't feel like I am doing my best or working my hardest at all. I know that my mom will stuff me this weekend for mine and dh's birthday.... *sigh* hope I can get through it! Talk to you all later!!!!1

Gracie
Old 03-09-2002, 07:38 PM   #79  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Helloo!!! Hey, sounds like some discouraging things are going on out there.
Gennel, I know it's a real bite when you know you've worked you a-- off and there's nothing to show for it...at least not on the scale. But I betcha you'll have something to show for it next week. All that hard work has got to be firming you up and you already know about the muscle/fat thing...so just because the numbers didn't shrink...I bet your body did!
Gary, you sound like a really cool dad. That's great that you try and keep up with your kids' stuff even when they are "grown". I know that it has to mean a lot to your daughter that you took the time just to be there.
Canoes, your trip sounded wonderful! Was it for business or pleasure. Good for you keeping to your diet and excercise while you were away!
Grace, computers are soooo frustrating sometimes. I spent the better part of a couple of hours today trying to figure out why my computer and digital camera were causing me problems. Glad you found a way to post, though.
Well, I did excercise today...watched my food intake for the most part. Just wish I had a magic wand...that sure would be easier. It is cold here and very windy (50 mph gusts). This sitting inside just bores me to death and makes eating too much of a focus. I am staying out of the fridge, but wish I could get outside. Canoes, I have a couple of large bird feeders and have sat and stared at the finches and a couple of cardinals today. They are getting brighter in color, so spring has to be on it's way.

Take care of yourselves!
Boatingmommy(Wish I Was Boating!!!)
Old 03-09-2002, 07:41 PM   #80  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking doing the victory dance!!!

Hi Everyone. Well....considering the week I've had, I went to weighin wondering about a loss. And sure enough (even though TOM...) I had a 1.8 lb loss!!!YAHOO....YAHOO....YAHOO!!!! Which is really quite incredible but hey?....I'LL TAKE IT!!! I'm just a smidge under 10 lbs now....another YAHOO!!! I am also going to get my butt in gear to get moving and shaking a bit. My plan is to start walking...(yup,walking is good) and get a fresh start to my day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Grace.....Don't be too hard on yourself. We all slip and slide abit, but recognize it for what its worth and get back on program. Enjoy the party, and have 1 pc of cake. Wow...a double party!!! for you and dh. See how wonderful married life can be?.. Enjoy!!!
Old 03-10-2002, 08:07 PM   #81  
Beach Bound Babe

Smile Hey Ya'll

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend...

I know all too well how it feels to be down and out trying to battle the weight loss war! Weight loss is such an incredible roller coaster! One minute up...one minute down - And sometimes we are even upside down and in circles! But

We all have to stick with it! We all have tried really hard since we have started posting here and we have been successful! It would be so easy to give up...but we don't want to do that! We can do this...and we're here for each other and we are going to reach our goals! Pick up your chins! You all keep me motivated and I love to hear from you! Each day can be a new beginning!

Keep up the good work everyone and have a great start of the week!
Old 03-11-2002, 03:44 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Height: 5'6

Default new here - but got that bikini in mind

Hi everyone
I really like the feel on this thread - and the beach babes goal as well and wondered if I could perhaps join you.

I also post on the Body for LIfe thread as that is the programme I am on, but would love others to share with.

I live in New Zealand so I have a bit longer till summer than you actually quite a bit longer as we are still in the end of ours, but I have a goal to hit the beach next summer with that bikini on and my body beautiful.

I'm 28 years old, have three daughters aged 5, 4, and 1. and I work mostly from home although I am a professional singer as well so often work friday or saturday nights as well.

look forward to getting to know youall
Carly
249/224/38
Old 03-11-2002, 06:08 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

I love to hear all the good news! I'm so proud of all of you, and you inspire me. Welcome Carly. I love to hear from people from other countries. I reminds me that there's a great big world out there.
I'm still not doing too well on the weight loss, but I'm holding my own. My head just isn't into it right now, but I plan to keep it as a goal, and the time will come when I have the fortitude to forge on. I was doing well, and then it's like I totally sabotaged the whole thing. I think it's probably some deep inner psyche kind of thing (Maybe I need Dr. Phil). I do continue to draw strength from all of you, and I'm still beach bound.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:46 PM   #84  

Wink Back on track!

Ok after beating myself up over not having any weight loss this past weekend.... I decided to keep doing what I have been doing! lol Keep my calories 1,200, 20 fat grams per day and walking 1 hour a day. My body is going to have to budge sooner or later and let some fat go! Thanks everyone for letting me know that I'm not alone in this !
I will keep you posted about any progress.

Gen

P.S. I cant get into CHAT ? It says I'm using an invalid host. I dont understand. I havent changed anything! Anyone else having this problem?
Old 03-11-2002, 09:48 PM   #85  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink Just Checking In

Hi Ladies-- Just checking in.
Welcome Carly, I am the male member of this wild bunch[at least until they kick me off] My wife has tried the Body for Life twice, but both times ended up with a, unrelated to the program, reoccuring back injury. A lady at our gym did real well on it--Does it really work? Obviously the pictures in book are not all real.
Gen- Love that new attitude!!! I think you ladies really need to FOCUS not on the weight loss but the benefits of of the healthier eating and exercise towards your HEALTH!!! I have seen alot of unhealthy looking SKINNY people. To hear of all the hard work you put in during the week go waste because you don't loose any weight or not what you had hoped for saddens me. Eat BETTER- not perfect!!! exercise a little more!!! weigh yourselves less--love yourselves MORE and enjoy life---the weight will take care of itself as you proceed--you didn't get where you are at overnight-- it may just take a little longer to reach your goals---SO WHAT!!!
Had a great Sunday at church and yard work with the wife. Had a great Saturday with my son at his track meet and the ex-wife. All is well as I prepare to go shopping tonight with my wife for potatoes and fixins for 100 at church on Wed.
Gotta go--GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!! Gary
Old 03-12-2002, 04:02 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Height: 5'6

Default thanks

hi all,

had a great day today ate one thing I shouldn't have, but I don't stress anymore because I'm making changes for life this time, and can't be perfect all the time! It was my cardio day today which I did tonight - and boy was it hard - but I love to imagine the fat cells dissapearing with every stride I take on the elliptical machine.

Gary - I'm not really sure why you think the photo's in the book aren't real? I have done a lot of research and I can assure you that they are real people with real stories and very real success.
I know it is sometimes hard to believe, but like my faith in God believing it is true is essential! If I allow doubt to creep in - I start to feel like I can't be bothered.

I think I'm going to try and find a swimsuit that I can keep in mind as a goal for the summer.

Till tomorrow - all the best
Carly
Old 03-12-2002, 08:51 AM   #87  
Beach Bound Babe

Angry HELLO!

Hi everyone! It is good to have you here, Carly! I have a friend who follows the BFL program and she does very well. I am doing ww points and slowly exercising. It is working for me! Hooray! I am down 4 pounds this week. I have been pushing myself a little harder than usual! It feels good though, and the time is right!

Gen~ you're doing the right thing! Don't give up! I am sure your body is at a plateau and this week you will notice some change! If you think about it...why wouldn't your plan work? You are doing the right things, sometimes our bodies need time to catch up! You go girl! You can do it!

Wisconsin~ Hang in there! I had been so down and out lately, everything was a struggle. I am finally feeling better and the time is right for me to lose weight! So, I am sure when you are ready it will happen! Keep your chin up...you're going to be great!Love Dr. Phil by the way. Everytime I am at the book store I pick up his book and then put it back. I think I am going to get it though. He is so cool, and right about so many things! HANG IN THERE! WE SUPPORT YOU!

EZ~Nice to hear your positive messages! KEEP 'EM COMING! You're so right, healthy is more important than skinny. Like I said before...I am feeling so much better and that makes a whole world of difference! I would love to be in a Bikini and a size 6...but I feel good now! I wouldn't trade that for anything! What are you making with the potatoes? Mashed, baked, fried, soup? YUM YUM...here comes the compulsive eating monster....

Angel, Boating, Gracie, Canoes, Bunny ~ Where are you? I know you're out there! I miss you.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Tracy
Old 03-12-2002, 09:53 AM   #88  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down

Hhhelloooooo!! I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday. I was so busy...I read but didn't write.
Hey Carly! Glad to hear from someone new. I don't know anything about the program you are on. I will have to look it up on the web. I would love to hear more about New Zealand.
Trace, I am glad that you are feeling so energized and positive. Doesn't it help to keep you on track when you are already feeling so good? I think it does. I got the Disney catalogue yesterday and saw some really cute clothes. I think that it is almost time to give myself a little treat. NEW CLOTHES ARE FUN!!!! I can remember when I was wearing a size 22-24 and how much I hated shopping....trust me anyone who is there....buying the smaller sizes is way more fun! Luckily I have a closet full of clothes ranging in various sizes (some are a bit out of date, but what the heck!). Otherwise weight loss would be very expensive. I hope to make this a life change and never get back into any of the larger sizes. I'll never be a clothes horse...but I am looking forward to some more svelt outfits!
Gary, potatos? What's the dinner for? Sounds like you are really involved in your church. That's great!
Guys, can you believe Spring will be here next week???? YESSSS! I love spring...I love warmer weather...flower beds, camp fires, fireflys....and on and on. My kiddo is happy that she has been able to get out and play more. I notice that I have more energy to play with her. That is definitly one of the reasons I am making these changes in my life. I want to be able to run and jump and play with my kiddo!!
Gennel, LOVE THAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!! Can't wait to see how your mega excercize and eating plan helps. Like Gary said....we are getting healthier!!!
Wisconsin, I am glad that you haven't totally given up. If you really want it, you will begin to work harder at it. But you have to prepared yourself mentally for it first, and it sounds like you know that you are just not focused on it,...yet. It'll come. I am so glad that you keep checking in, though. Nice to hear from you.
Well, I have got to get to work on my real work stuff.
See ya later!
Boating
Old 03-12-2002, 10:12 AM   #89  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking thanks for the PUMP UP!!

Hi everyone. Nice to meet you Carps/Carly. Hope to see you lots on the thread. The last two days have been a little "straying" for me. Not quite on the mark sticking to my pts and indulging a little too much. Today is the day, to start "focusing" again and walking the walk and talking the talk!!

Gary- thanks for the positive words!! You are so right. Sometimes we get caught up with the numbers on the scale and forget about the real reason(s) for getting started on our new Healthier lifestyle!! Whatever plan anyone is on, its always for the better. A better lifestlye, better habits, better foods and better choices to make. And the result?...a better me!!!

Have a great day everyone.....we're worth it!!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:21 PM   #90  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry

Hi Ladies--
Just a quick note-- Carly, I didn't mean all the photos were fake, I just find a few to be questionable--I also believe the BFL works from the research I did--My question was how well for MOST people. I am a BELIEVER also. Boating, Great news on your energy, just in time for good weather. Tracy keep pushing and congrats on the loss! Angel-eyes, no problem-refocus and just start over-it's no big thing!!
For those that asked--the potatoes we are doing for church is on Wed. night--- It is a baked potato bar[ sour cream, chives, salsa, butter,chili,bacon bits,cheese sauce, broccoli, etc.] with salad and pears. Our church provides a dinner on the Wed. nights before service for Lent [I am a Lutheran]. As a convience for our members-- go to work, grab kids, come eat and go to service to learn what Jesus has done for us. It is a fund raiser for my BOARD OF CHRISTIAN LIFE of which I am chairperson[my wife is my sole member!!] Any profit helps set off over expenses on other social activities. The cost of the food was $180--we will probably take in around $240 so we will make approx. $60 profit for 2 hours of shopping, setting up chairs and tables for 100 and clean-up, all in all 3 hours Wed. night--plus my wife is taking the day off work to bake the potatoes at home prior to going and I will need to leave work early by an hour or so to make sure set up is done in time. Am I BRIGHT or what?? Don't answer that!!!
Later you good lookin' ladies--God Bless each of you and your families--Gary
Closed Thread