Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default Thru Thick & Thin #125

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:47 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone.

I'm here, I'm here. I took off work today at noon to finish up my shopping and I'm DONE!!! Dh mentioned one other little thing he wouldn't mind but I'll let him pick that out later. You couldn't get me back out there if you paid me a million bucks, well, maybe for that I would.

I think I got my puter fixed. Its working ok for now. I'm not even sure if the corrupted program was what was causing web sites to not load. I just didn't know & thought I'd try fixing that to see if that fixed the problem plus I did all my maintenance programs so hopefully I'm ok now.

Jen, hows it going being back at work? I bet its rough. I hope everyone is taking it easy on you. Do you have a Body Works store in your mall? They carry seasonal scents in the shower gels. Last year I got cranberry and it was YUMMY. I didn't think of stopping in there this year. I should of. Oh well, too late now.

Skeeter, you know, I think Phillipe should of saved those programs he skated to an exhibition. It was cute but I like to see skating, not alot of stopping and junk. I like to see them move. I did like they indian one, that was good. What do you think of that gal who is considered the worlds best spinner. I love watching her and I think she is amazing. Its a wonder she doesn't fall over from being dizzy. I've seen her do almost all spinning in her program and nothing else and I just don't know how she does it without getting nauseaus.

Marlana, Since I started this thread I'm going to go ahead and edit my options for 30 posts and if someone wants to make a new thread at 25, well thats ok to. I had no idea you could do that, guess I need to check into the options more. I wonder if you have to do it as you start the new thread or if you can do it after its started. Well, I'll try it to see what happens.

Tobey, well, I'm not so sure I'll get thru the holidays without gaining. We had a snack day at work and it was like I was pocessed. I had to have a bit of everything and sometimes not just a bit of it. For one thing the food was to close to me. I may just have to start taking off on snack days. I'll have to read thru your articles again and maybe that will help me. I love your kitty attachment.

Now I'm not sure if I should of started this new thread or went ahead and tried to set my options to longer posts. Oh well, its started.

Well, I've got to get going now. Take care everyone.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:39 PM   #3  

Good evening gals. I finally got a chance to get in here and post today. Seems as though I'm not the only one who missed this morning! I had classes again today, took my final for community health. Yea, it's done. Just one more in research next week, then vacation! I can't wait.

Jojo- I'm gonna have to run to the mall sometime and check out the bath shops. I don't think we have a Body Works, but we have Bath and Body and the Body Shop. I'm sure one of those places has cranberry. That sounds good.

Skeeter- Was it you that asked how many cats I had? I forget what was on the last thread! I don't know how to flip around in here to check it out. I'm sure I'd be confused if you tried to explain it to me. Anyway, I've got 7! Yes, 7 cats, all in the house. Yes I also have a collie. Yes there is a city limit, and yes, I'm over. No, the neighbors don't care. My collie is Megan, the cats are 5 girls (Keatrin, Cameo Sue, Chickie Sue (mom and daughter), Angel, and Danielle Marie(after quarterback Dan Marino)) and 2 boys (Kolby Joe and Runty Joe (father and son)). Ok, enough about the kids. I saw in an ad in today's paper a fancy fish tank in 1,2, or 3 gallon with a lid. I may have to go check it out to see if it's cat proof!

Marlana- Your tank sounds cool! Do you have any with a sturdy lid?

Tobey- WOW! You look great in that dress. I bet you were the belle of the ball! I did some "research" on that running book. All the reviews I read about it were really good, so I stopped at the bookstore and bought it today. I'm gonna need something to read when I'm off of school for 5 weeks.

Well, I suppose that's about all for now. I'm pretty tired today and gonna go to bed early.

Health and happiness,

Jen
Old 12-13-2001, 07:50 AM   #4  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Here I set so tired I can hardly see. Hey I thought the Bible says God gave man dominion over the animals. I seem to be working for two very pretty little fish. They don't do nothing but lay around all day. I had a dentist appointment yesterday for a filling. So I didn't plan on writing yesterday morning. I was gone all day just about and when I got home my phone was messed up and I couldn't get on line. I could get a dial tone and I called a neigbor but boy it had a loud noise on it. I went to work putting together a new stand I bought for my fish tank. When I bought it I said marry Christmas to me. I could have built one just like it, only I would have made one with better wood, I just don't have the time to build one. Any way I'm getting closer to putting those buggers in the tank. It will be a few days yet, got to let the sealant I put on the tank cure.

Jo Jo~~I have trouble finding a virus scanner that my puter likes so I go on the web and use the free one, it told me I had 3 bad files. So I downloaded the virus control that I had the last time I had to restore my puter, and when it done a scan it didn't find any bad files. Now I hoping to H*** I don't have to restore my puter again, so for so good. Sometimes these puters have a mind of thier own. Did God give us dominion over puters??? Jo Jo we all want the longer threads, the bad news is I thank you either have to go to a 2nd page or update your options.Boy the stores are full here too. And to find a parking place is a circus.

Jen~~I bet you are glad your classes are over. You know I've had night mares about going back to school. And believe me it would be a night mare to go to some kind of school. I run my own school right here at home. This puter when I first got it was all I could take. But I hung in there and I've learned a lot. I still want to learn how to do things. Stationery is what I'm working on now. Won't that take me a long way in life. My tank has a lid, I don't know how sturdy it is.

Tobey~~Thank you for typing up all those articles for the holidays. You must be a fast typer, it would have taken me hours to type all that up. Or do you have one of those things that you just talk and it types it out for you? I wish I had one of those. But I don't thank it's as good for you mind as using your fingers. I hope Skeeter don't send me a gator, I don't like them, even if they are little, them little buggers have teeth. I thought that was cute about you cat sleeping under the tree. She thought she was outside and they you got that tree just for her Or him. I guess your cat is a little bit more interactive than my fish.

Skeeter~~I'm so tired of town I'm not going to Tulsa today, but I might go tomorrow. I do need another fish you know. Yes we had rain here, it rained like a son-of-a-gun when I was in Walmart yesterday. It did slow up before I got ready to go home thank goodness. We did need the rain bad. What was the big deal about sending the email with the smiley faces??? It come in pretty fast. You can get a 2 gal bowl at Hobby Lobby, but they look pretty thin. Mine is an old one and is thicker. You can have this one after I get these fish transferred. I'm not going to 4 fish. This third one better be a show stopper, because that's it for me. Cleo doesn't have a real fish bowl. It's some kind of container that holds about 3/4 gal of water with straight sides. I'll have to intraduce them to the tank slowly. I won't turn on the filter at first. Then it has different speeds it will run, so I will start it off on low when I do.

I'm out of here for this day, except back to read. Hope you all have a really good day. I feel a bit like Santa looks in my attachment.

Last edited by Marlana; 12-13-2001 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:20 AM   #5  

Howdy all.

I am in such a good mood this morning. I think I have caught some of that good ol’ Christmas spirit. I am sitting here at my desk and have some nice traditional Christmas music playing. Mind you it doesn’t look like Christmas outside. In fact it is supposed to be close to 60F today! Unfortunately we didn’t get to go skating last night. Shortly at 5:00 it started to rain and didn’t let up. It was too bad – a lot of people were disappointed. Who ever thought that a skating Christmas party would be cancelled due to rain at this time of year! Dinner was nice though and hubby had a good time too. Tonight we are going to try and catch up on all of our Christmas “chores”. We still have 2 more presents to mail and finish writing out our cards. We are way behind on that this year. We also still have to decorate our tree! Although I don’t think our kitty wants us to put any presents under it – she is enjoying sleeping under it too much.

Skeeter: An entire day just at the doctor’s and grocery shopping! You must have been exhausted. I hope the malls aren’t too busy for you today. I am soooo glad that I am done my shopping. Dh still has some to do. I am not sure when he will make it out though. He is on a really tight deadline at work and has to have everything done by next Friday. He is even going to go in and work all weekend! I am going to join him on Saturday and do some school work while he is busy doing his thing. I am sooo excited to see the stick. Don’t worry – I expected the shipping to be outrageous. It normally is any time you ship something that is a different shape/size. And especially when you ship it out of country. It is going to be worth every penny though. I have already teased my mom about her birthday gift. I told her that I had something custom made for her by a friend in Florida. Now she is dying to know what it is. I won’t give her any hints though. She is just going to have to wait until February. I know she is going to be thrilled. I’ll be sure to let you know as soon as the package arrives.

Jojo: I’m with you – NO MORE SHOPPING! When dh goes out, he is on his own. Although, I think he only has me and his grandmother left to buy for. Glad to hear that computer to seems to be happy again. I know exactly what you mean about being possessed In fact I had to laugh out loud when I read your post. That is exactly how I get when I go out to parties. I am a very bad social eater. I can work my way through a buffet table like you couldn’t believe. I am just trying to balance myself. I do allow myself more treats at this time of year – but only when we have a special event. Then the rest of the week it is just strictly OP. I also make sure I don’t miss any workouts and in fact I try to work just that little bit harder. In fact I have an 8-mile run planned for Sunday morning. So I know I won’t be perfect but at least I will feel better.

Jen: Congrats on finishing off one course. Just one more week to go! I bet it will be very hard to get motivated for next Wednesday. If it makes you feel any better, you can think of me. When you are off to school, I will be having my root canal done. That should make you feel a bit better. I am glad you picked up that book. I can’t say enough about it. I have learned soooo much from it. Each section just gets better and better! I am using the strength training routine from it and also another of the training schedules. I just happened to stumble across it in a bookstore and decided to treat myself to it. So glad I did.

Marlana: Okay – I have to start off by telling you that is the cutest attachment! Yes I think our animal friends rule the roost and not vice versa. I know that our kitty is in charge. Our cat is a VERY social one. She loves people and even comes when she is called. I don’t think she realizes that she is a cat. Oh I have to admit that I didn’t type out those articles. I may be crazy but I’m not that crazy. I was able to copy them in. I have heard that the voice recognition systems work really well once you get used to them. But the only time I type a lot is at work and I think I would drive everyone crazy if I was talking out loud all of the time – as if I don’t drive them nuts already! How did your filling go? Hope it is less painful than the last one. Less than 1 week until my root canal – how’s that for some holiday fun? Dh was supposed to drive me home (I am getting laughing gas for it) but now because of his deadline, he will have to be at work. Oh well, guess I will just have to grab a cab home. I just wanted some one to be sucky with afterwards. Sometimes, its fun just to be babied – I admit it!

Well that’s all for today. I hope you all have an amazing day and stay out of trouble – just 12 more days ‘til Santa.

Tobey
Old 12-13-2001, 12:06 PM   #6  

Good morning. We also got alot of rain last night. I'm glad all my leaves are up, or it would be a mess. It would take another 2 weeks for them to dry out, if they didn't freeze first! It's pretty cold and windy out there today. I decided to get off my butt and took a 20 min walk outside. Burrrr. I figured I'd better do something, so I did.

Tobey- 60F in Canada! Wow! Are you guys setting new records? I'm glad all of my x-mas chores are done. I was hoping for a little snow so I could toss mom in the car and drive her around to look at lights. I guess we'll have to do without the snow. I did mix in a couple short runs with my walk today. Gotta build back up. How often do you run? Everyday? Oh yeah, your root canal. When is that scheduled for?

Marlana- Sounds like your tank and stand are coming right along. Your talk of viruses reminded me of something. At the University, I'm on a listserve, where they send out messages to everyone in the class from the school. Anyway, the program coordinator sent out a strange message with an attachment that had a virus on it . Good thing I was suspicious about how weird it was and didn't open it.

Well, I'm feeling a little warmed up. I should go hop in the shower now.

Jen

Old 12-13-2001, 06:01 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone.

I have had a pretty decent day. I got quite a bit done and I'm pretty much back on schedule again. I catch flack from the accounting section when I get behind because of this project that was assigned for me to do. I'm supposed to do it every month but I'm lucky if I do it every other month. Right now I'm not advirtising that I'm not doing it as often as they want me to so shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone I told you. I've decided the accounting section can take a flying leap from now on. I normally get everything done on a timely basis but when something is thrown in your lap that takes you off your schedule, well, thats beyond your control and I am only one person. Besides, the accounting section is not in charge of me!!!

Jen, When I left home this morning, it was 46 degrees and I didn't think I needed a jacket and I was comfortable. I went out and noon and about froze. It is just to windy and damp for me. One thing I'd like to do is have one of those automatic car starters put on my car. It would be so nice to just press a button in the morning and have the car all warmed up when you get out there. I've seen them in store ads and they seem reasonable but the question is, are they easy enuff for the average person to install??? I will have to check into them more.

Tobey, I am really surprised at my dh. He finished shopping, gosh, last week. Of course, he is only buying for me. I should make him shop for his mom. That would be hillarious. Its making me just thinking about it. I haven't quite caught the Xmas spirit yet. It just doesn't seem like Xmas to me yet. I think few inches of snow on the ground would help although I'm not really ready for that either. I'm picky, arent I. As if I have a choice of whether it will snow or not. I think when I do start back on my program, I'm going to kick start the exercise. That seems to keep me going the best. I'm going to have to check back on the last thread to see the title of that book you guys were talking about.

Marlana, I'm going to have to try out one of those online virus scans just to see if my virus scanner is working properly. I tried on once, a long time ago but I don't remember where the site was. After I changed my options, I noticed the difference on the Support page. At least I know now. I really like that option. I'm really glad 2cute told you about it. Oh, the parking lots were horrible yesterday and it was even worse trying to get out of there. Well, at least I'm done so I'm happy. I remember you telling us how your tooth hurt for so long after your last filling, it reminded me of either something I read or heard on tv that if your tooth hurts after a filling for more than a few hours, then you don't have a good dentist. I hope this latest filling wasn't as painful for you.

Well, I'm going to get off here now, Wait, where is Skeeter? She usually beats me in here. Hello to Skeeter, whereever you are. Hope you are having a good day.

Take care everyone.
Old 12-14-2001, 06:47 AM   #8  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Sorry I've been gone all week; the problems with the ex have me not sleeping well, so I've been taking sleeping pills at night and then I oversleep in the morning. I haven't been getting up early enough to post anytime this week; I don't really have time today, but I wanted to sneak in here before the weekend, so I wouldn't miss the whole week!
Love you all, and I'll come in this weekend sometime and catch up on all the news and posts!
Love, Sally
224/165 (haven't eaten, either)/ 120ish
Old 12-14-2001, 07:52 AM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I can't believe it's morning and time to go again. I'm tired, and to top it all off I'm thanking of going to Tulsa. Everyone must be busy or there is just a few of us left.[/b]

Jen~~I agree with you about Tobey's weather. I thank those Canadians have come up with a big sucking machine to suck all our warm weather up there. Skeeter's running the air, they art to point it that way.this virus stuff will drive you nuts. I thank virus's get into things that isn't put there on purpose. By that I mean sites on the web, like stationery that you download. How does it get in there, you know the people running the site don't put it in, you could lead right back to them. I thank there is a lot of virus's out there that really don't do a lot of harm. It does keep you on your toes though. I've deleted a few attachments lately.

Tobey~~What's with the weather up your way, it should be really cold. It's not bad here either. Furnise comes on once in a while but not much. Glad you have the Christmas sprit, I'm still waiting for it to hit me, if it does. I guess it would help if I would get my butt in gear and put the tree up. I'll get it done before next Thursday. I am so proud to report that the tooth I had filled didn't hurt one bit, and the other one is getting much better. I don't have to go back for 6 months, and that is find with me. You got to leave the kitty a place under your tree to sleep.Filling went well, never did hurt. Good luck on the root canal, I hear they are quite a big deal.

Jo Jo~~As you know my job is at home, and I can tell you for sure I ain't cought up by a lont shot. I stopped shopping for hubby's family years ago. My folks are both gone. Well I guess I do the shopping after all for thier Christmas, I went to the bank (in Walmart) and got 2 $50.00 bills and put them in the little envelopes. The give us 2 25.00 bills. So it ends up that we give them $25.00 each. Works out well, because I used to spend about $25.00 each on them. They are on a limited income and shouldn't even buy for thier kids. But you can't tell them anything.I will send by email the link to the free scan that I have.

Skeeter~~Missed you 2 cents worth this morning. Busy I guess??? I thank your like me, spending too much time in town.

Sally~~Good for you staying out of food with all the stuff going on with the X. Good to know your still with us.

I'll say one thing it doesn't take long to post with so few people comeing in. Yall have a good day now.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:53 AM   #10  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Yesterday was a very busy day and ended terrible. We left here just before 9 and left the blood bank at 1 and went on to the mall. We did get our shopping done and got home after dark. It went downhill when this computer locked up receiving email. I spent 3 hours on the phone with 5 different techs and it kept getting worse until I just rebooted and that cleared it up or at least caused all the changes the techs suggested to work. By then I was so angry that I could have pitched this thing out the window. Then when the email came in, we got one from my husband niece asking to come visit us on Sunday. Her mother, hubby's sister will be down and they will come to spend the day. Now I knew this was going to happen but not so soon and it just ended the day for me on a sour note. I will now have to spend the next two days cleaning this house more for me than them but that is the way that I am. I was sure hoping to relax for the next couple of days after such a busy 2 weeks but that isn't going to happen. In the back of my mind is also the anticipation of my mother's visit just after Christmas where I even clean the ceilings before she visits.

JoJo~Don't you just hate these machines when they act up. I sure hope that you got yours fixed but I think that mine is just starting. I started having strange things happen a couple of weeks ago when receiving email and no one seems to know what is going on or how to fix it.

Jen~Gosh, you must have your hands full with 7 cats. It must be a popular number because I have 7 pets. I even went to the betta shop yesterday and didn't buy a new one.

Marlana~I am also so tired of going to town that I could scream. I'd rather go to town Sunday than have company though. We stopped at Toys R Us yesterday and bought gift certificates for 10 grandchildren. We used to give them $50 each but had to lower that when we retired to $25. We also had to quit buying for everyone. We also got the bad news Wednesday that the termites are trying to invade our new home (2 years old) so we will have to get it treated next month. I am just not going to deal with that right now. Termites are really bad in these woods and we should have treated sooner but it is still early enough to prevent damage.

Tobey~I sure hope that your mom isn't too disappointed in that stick, it is just a plain pine stick with a gall on it. That is the real name for the knot. Insects bite or sting a branch (I can't explain that one) and the tree forms the gall to protect itself. The forestry specialists told us that when it is in the main trunk of a young sapling, the tree is ruined. Those are the ones that make the best straight walking sticks. Some of the not so straight branches make interesting ones though.

I know this is short but at least it was sweet. Hi Sally, hang it there. I gotta go get started and will try to find more time tomorrow. Y'all have a good weekend.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:57 AM   #11  

Good morning all.

Ah Friday is finally here! It is supposed to get a bit cooler for the next few days and it might it even snow over night. However, I doubt that the snow will stick around for long as we still aren’t hitting the freezing mark. I am sitting here feeling a bit down this morning. I think I might be getting sick – I am hoping that I can fight it off. Everyone around me at work has been very sick so it is surprising that it has taken this long to even try and attack me. Dh was in great spirits last night and offered to do all of the dishes – even though I had plans to bake some bran muffins (I’m a messy baker and use too many dishes). After doing dishes he went and tidied up the living room. Santa must be coming soon. Since he helped do all of that we even got a good start on decorating the tree (finally!). It is about 2/3 done and we should be able to finish tonight.

Jen: It is hard to get motivated to get out when it is cold out. Good for your for talking yourself into it. It has been very nice here. While we haven’t actually been setting records, it is definitely above seasonal temps. Did you get out to see the any of lights yet? I want to get out and do that as well. Just a few blocks south of where we live is some very ritzy homes (they are all lake front property) and they decorate their homes just beautifully. I am pretty sure that most must pay someone to come and do it. If you are getting back into running, walk/run combinations are a great way of doing it. Currently I run 5 days a week and doing strength training 3 days a week. That seems to be a good schedule for me. I typically do my long runs on the weekend and during the week I do 2 short easy runs and 2 hard runs (i.e. strides and pace runs). My root canal is scheduled for 9:30 on Wednesday. :P

Jojo: Good for you! Take a stand! Don’t let accounting boss you around! Wow – good for your hubby. I am worried about I am going to end up getting from dh. He will either compensate for having to buy last minute and go overboard with gifts or I’ll end up with something from 7-11 that was bought at 3:00 am on Christmas. Hey I’m with you – it can snow on Christmas Eve and then melt on Boxing Day. Too bad we can’t put in our order. Hmmm there were 2 books I was recommending one was the running book to Jen and the other one was “Thin for Life”. It was very inspirational to me while I was loosing my weight (and some times even during maintenance). Here is a quick review that I found that pretty much summarizes exactly how I feel about the book:

Thin for life by Anne M. Fletcher
non-fiction: health
Fletcher's book is positive and inspirational. God, I hate that word, especially when books apply it to themselves. But this book genuinely made me feel I can keep my weight off when I've finished losing it. Fletcher found 160 people who'd lost more than 20 lbs and kept them off more than three years. Most did much better than that: the average weight loss for the group was 63 lbs. And a dozen people had kept their weight off more than 20 years. That's amazing. Fletcher interviewed these people about how they'd done it and summarized their similarities and differences in this book. Nothing is shocking to the well-informed reader, but it's great to hear it in the words of real people who really succeeded.
Some of the book's points:
§ Lose it for yourself, not for anybody else.
§ Realize that the power and responsibility to do it are all yours.
§ To lose weight, eat fewer calories and exercise almost daily. To keep it off, keep doing the same.
§ Don't deny yourself treats. Budget them into your food plan.
§ Catch weight re-gain early. Catch it before you go up more than 5 lbs.
§ Create a support system.
And so on.

Sally: It sounds like you are going through some tough times right now. Please take care of yourself and know that we are here for you.

Marlana: Oh you did you find out about our warm air sucking machine. Now our plot is foiled and soon it shall snow. With our tree mostly decorated and loaded with presents it really feels like Christmas. I have also been listening to a lot of Christmas music lately and that always fills me with cheer. That is good news on the tooth front! It should be nice not having to go back for 6 months. After my root canal is done, I still have a lot of work left. I am not even sure it will all be done before my next cleaning/check-up which is scheduled for May! Oh poor kitty – we didn’t leave her any room under the tree. Poor thing had to sleep in her little house last night.

Skeeter: Oh I don’t blame you for being sour! What a day / night! And after the adventure of the doctor’s office and grocery shopping. I don’t blame you for wanting to just relax. I also feel the need to scrub down everything before someone comes for a visit. There is no way my mom will be disappointed in that stick. It is exactly the type of thing that she would really appreciate. How many people can say that they gave their mom a stick and she was happy?

Well I am starting to feel better since I started this post. Hopefully I can stay healthy.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays far away from the malls!

Tobey
Old 12-14-2001, 12:27 PM   #12  

Good morning gals. Last night was another one of those nights. Someone called in and they didn't even try to replace her. Nice. And this is my mighty leader whose example I should follow! So I did, they had 2 unit secretaries call in, since I was so busy working short, I didn't have time to try to replace them! I am so bad. I start my leadership and management course in January. I can't wait to see what everyone is doing wrong. And then to make last night even better, I was going to go to an Aerosmith concert Saturday night, but they cancelled because of "illness". I say it's cause they didn't sell out at $75 bucks a ticket. Hmmm, wonder why!

Tobey- I was just giggling about you and your warm air sucking machine. Must be why we had some really warm temps before, the warm air was passing over! I think I'm gonna get sick too. One of my dear cats who sleeps on my pillow sneezed in my face. YUK! A cat cold! I'm thinking that I'll go out and see the lights Wednesday after my finals are over. Take mom out to dinner and drive around. There is a neighborhood in Iowa, just across the Mississippi (I'm 1/2 mile from it) where they all go crazy with the lights. I don't think that I'll get up to 5 days a week any time soon, not with my work and school schedule. But 3 or 4 is alot better than none! You'll have to let me know how the teeth go, I need mine out too.

Skeeter- Oh what a day. I think that you really need a couple of days off all to yourself. I'm glad I haven't had those kind of problems with my computer yet. I'd be lost.

Marlana- You got Tobey to admit to the great air sucking machine. Good job. Now we can get back to normal. I still haven't rounded up any pics. I have to get my butt in gear!

Jojo- Your job sounds like it's as pleasant as mine can be. I keep waiting for a part-time position to open up, like 2 days a week. I need to work more, but at least then I can choose when. I may look into one of those car starters for my next car. I'll be getting a new one sometime this winter. They sound wonderful.

Sally- Glad you checked in to say "hi". Take care of yourself and your girls.

My goodness, I didn't realize what time it is. Gotta get moving.

Jen
Old 12-14-2001, 01:57 PM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Sally~~I left you a Pm, check it out.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:53 PM   #14  

Hi Ya'll

I tried to post earlier but got knocked off line so I thought I'd try again. It was a pretty good day. Being its Friday, that helped a lot.

I mentioned in my last post that it just didn't seem like Christmas to me and thought maybe a little snow would help. Well, someone heard me. Woke up to snow. Even the weatherman was surprised. There was a good 3 inches on my car but there isn't much left of it now. It sure was pretty to. And it did help make me feel more Christmasy.

Jen, Did you get snow to? Some of our inspectors up north said they were getting freezing rain. OMG, $75 for a concert ticket. No way!!!. And I thought it was bad when Elton John was here for a concert and his tickets were $50. I'm from the days when concerts were $10 - 12 for a ticket and those were good seats. Guess I'll stick with buying CD's.

Tobey, I hope you aren't getting sick. The bugs that have been going around here have been pretty nasty. I'm still not completely over mine but I don't feel bad. Just can't get rid of the sinus crap. That was sweet of your dh to do the dishes and tidy up for you. Was there something he wanted? My dh did dishes the other night. I appreciate it every time he does but I quit saying thank you because he never says thank you when I do it all the time. Are you all decorated yet? I don't even have the tree out yet. Dh said he'd get it out this weekend. I may just use my ceramic one since Xmas is so close. thanks for the tips, they are good.

Skeeter, I'm not sure if my puter is fixed yet or not. I had another message that my Norton Systemworks was corrupt and I need to install it again. It works ok so I think I'll leave it alone for now and see how it does. First thing I do when my puter is acting up is reboot it and it usually fixes the problem. I wish my dog could talk cause she wants something & I just can't figure out what it is. Well, if you clean for the relatives that will be there this weekend, that will be a good start for the cleaning for when your mom is there? Why do you worry about your ceiling when your mom is there?

Marlana, I wish the Canadians would use that air sucking machine and suck this cold air back up to their country, don't you? Actually, I enjoyed the snow today and it really wasn't all that cold. Now if we could just get an inch or so for Xmas day. I had an extra toy that I was going to take back and get my money back but I don't want to mess with the holiday traffic so I had dh drop it off for the Toys for Tots collection. They said toy donations are really down this year so hopefully this will be a good weekend for donations. I, personally like getting money as a gift cause then I can buy what I want. I had told my mil that I really need clothes and now I'm worrying about what she will find for me. Hopefully gift certificates.

Sally, would you like us gals to come there and beat the crap out of your ex? Sounds like thats what he needs. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Well, I'm going to get going now. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:03 AM   #15  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Good Morning all. I am in a better mood today and decided to get on here first thing before anything spoils it. I got well over half the housework done yesterday and will finish that and then hose the porch off. It gets so dusty out there with the dirt road.

Tobey~I also feel like I am coming down with something. My sneezing has really increased and I seem to have a slight sinus headache all the time. Of course, everything down here is blooming because it thinks it's Spring. We had that one week where it got down to 49 one night and about 52-55 for three nights and then warmed back up. That was enough to cause a false Spring here. My tomatoes are getting ripe too. Hurray, I was hoping to get some of them before the first frost (if we have frost this year). If we get a frost, we are going to have fried green tomatoes.

Jen~Gosh, I bet you were tired after working like two people. I don't understand how they expect you to handle all the patients needs when you are understaffed. Let's hope that it doesn't become a normal thing there.

JoJo~It sure is a good thing that we don't have to have snow to feel like Christmas here. It was hard for me to get used to the holidays in sunny Florida. I still have the longings for a nice fluffy type snow at this time of year. My computer is working okay now so I have my fingers crossed. I just installed an old screen saver that I requested from a friend that I used to work with. She wrote me last night that my problems might be with that screen saver. I don't have any screen savers chosen right now and I'll turn that feature back on one day and see what happens. I had that screen saver years ago and just love it because it is a real picture of a two story white house at Christmas time and it is snowing. You can see a Christmas tree lighted through a bay window and it just has a calming effect on me. I hate the thought of deleting it. I had to laugh about cleaning my ceilings. I meant dusting and knocking down any cobwebs that might have started. I used to have this great soft, coned shaped brush on a telescopic rod that made that job really easy but we can't find it since we moved here.

I can't believe that I made it in here before Marlana this morning. Now I need to go get started on the rest of my chores. Y'all have a good day.
Closed Thread