Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 11:49 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay... here I am again.
My day went very well. My food even better.
I am making wiser choices everyday. I am choosing chicken over beef more. Even fish a couple of times too.
I am staying away from the diet pop more too. Everytime I am just going to grab a can I stop and grab a bottle of water instead.
I make sure I am eating more veggies too. Even more variety in them. That is a MIRACLE for me.

Today is WI Wednesday and I have already reported my happy news.
Tomorrow is Thankful Thursday and I am definitely grateful for my weight loss... but I am even more thankful for my new attitude of determination. I am definitely determined to stay on my program. I have had many "new" beginnings and I don't want any more.
I am thankful for my willingness to accept progress to get me to this point.

I am out of here now. Hope to see everyone tomorrow.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-14-2001 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:59 PM   #17  

Good evening,

Richard says hello. We've been buds this week. I actually worked out with him on Monday and Wednesday. A major achievement!!! I've been eating vegetables on a daily basis. The only no show is TOM. I'm waiting for the lean mean moment afterwards where I can measure and weigh.

Thin...three Christmas trees. You have more spirit than me. One tree's enough. I decorated my bookshelf with lights, I'm looking at it right now. Our cable digital music station is playing Christmas 24/7. I'm taping for the office.

Speaking of the office. We're redoing our cashier area and need to select formica laminates. It's too much. I thought I lucked out not going furniture shopping with my sister on Monday. I'm still stuck with pattern selection. Counted my blessings too soon.

Wednesday weigh in. Should I? It's late in the day...Here I go...stuck at 249lbs. Five days until b-day. I'll be 39, but will look the same as yesterday.

Good night, sweet dreams.
Malia
Old 11-15-2001, 06:50 AM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Default Good morning!!

I posted this somewhat long post and when I went to submit it the screen came up and said this page is not available. Well, lucky for me a hit the back button and my post was still there. I did that twice so I had to copy it into my word and now I am going to try and get it and paste it here.

I am jealous of all your exercise motivation! I can't seem to get mine back at all !! I need some butt kicking!

Last night I think I went into a coma. I never heard John come to bed and I always do. I rolled over and he was there. Scared me! I don't know why I am so tired lately!! Maybe if I got off my butt and exercised. I try to rationalize that chasing Andrew around is all the exercise I need!

2Cute...keep that determination going...you are keeping me on my toes. I am soooo happy for you. 25 lbs gone is a great achievement. Before you know it the next 25 will be gone! I am doing my chunks in 25 lb chunks. Once the first 25 are off I am starting over at the new weight and working on hacking off 25 lbs from that starting point. It makes it more realistic to get off 25 then it does to get off 162 lbs!

Malia tell Richard I said Hey! Good job on the exercise and vegetables. Those small steps lead to big results in the end. Sometimes its hard to visualize the end result but before you know it all this stuff becomes a way of life and makes it easier. Once we stop something, like me and the exercise, its harder to get back into the routine. So keep up the good work! And...Christmas tunes already? I can't wait. I love Christmas!

Hi to Andria, Thin, Susie, Jen where are you? And everyone else here. I have to run and get my son breakfast and get us ready for work! Talk at you all later!!

Have a good day! Michelle

I think it worked!!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:04 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!! Don't you just love the sight of the numbers on the scale coming down??? I know there are pros and cons (mostly cons) to jumping on the scale every day, but dang, if you look at wanting to lose 2 pounds a week, the scale should either be the same or down like a half a pound each morning so I'm on the scale every morning and that's what I've found this week. WooHoo!!!

Since Michelle asked for them, I'm just going to post those cookie recipes in the regular thread so anyone can have them. If you would prefer not to have to read them, let me know and I can e-mail them instead (or you can just scan by them, ya know)

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
Makes 44
1 WW point each

1 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
2 TBLS. unsweetened cocoa
6 TBLS. peanut butter
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup + 1 TBLS. corn syrup
2 TBLS. powdered sugar

Combine crumbs, 1 cup powdered sugar and cocoa; stir well. Combine syrup and peanut butter; stir well. Add peanut butter mixture to crumb mixture; stir well. Shape into one inch balls. Sift 2 TBLS. powdered sugar evenly over balls. Store in an airtight container.

MOCHA CRINKLES
Makes 6 dozen
1 WW point each

1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. instant espresso or coffee granules
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Beat brown sugar and oil with mixer. Add in sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Set aside. Mix flour, cocoa, espresso, soda, salt and pepper in another bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, mix well. Refrigerate dough until firm, 3-4 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place powdered sugar in shallow bowl. Cut dough into one inch pieces, roll into balls. Coat with powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are firm to touch. Cool on wire racks.

PEPPERMINT MERINGUES
Makes 48
4 cookies = 1 WW point

2 egg whites at room temperature
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
2 crushed candy canes

Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually. Beat 5-6 minutes until stiff and smooth. Stir in candy. Drop onto foil lined cookie sheets. Bake 1 1/2 hours at 225. Turn oven off; open door. Let cool. Store covered.

That should be enough to keep you busy for awhile. I'll be back with more in the future. I figure if we have stuff in the house that is 'program friendly' then we won't get into so much trouble as the holidays come and go.

Michelle: Sounds like you're looking towards a career in Real Estate with clients already waiting for your services. Good for you! Where are we? In bed at 6:00 in the morning!!!

2cute: You must have read my mind....again! I do use the coupon line and the 'it's ok, you can start again tomorrow' line more often than I would like to admit. YIKES! We do have all the reasons, don't we? We need to focus on the other reasons, the ones that keep us away from the stuff!!!

Susie: Glad you checked in. It must be hard being away from the office so much. Keep up the efforts, life will get better.

Malia: Three Christmas trees is tame for my house. When the boys were young I put a tree in each of their rooms as well. Currently, I set up my traditional tree (the one with all the ornaments we've saved through the years) in the family room where we are every evening to enjoy it. Then I transform my dining room into Santa Land. I collect Santa's and the tree in there is loaded with all of my Santa ornaments and I set the dining room table with a Santa centerpiece. I have a doll house that my friend made for me one year and I have it as Santa's workshop, etc. etc. And the tree in my kitchen used to be done Victorian with all of my crystal ornaments and pale blue nosegays and pearl strands for garland, but last year I made it a Star Trek tree as all of my guys are really into Star Trek and we have finally collected enough of the Hallmark ornaments to fill a whole tree. I found these cool silver metallic 'foofs' (for lack of a better word) that I stick into the tree. I bought a sheer table cloth that has some silver in it to use as a tree skirt and I also found a few silver ball and star ornaments. Then one year, my DH was experimenting with clear glass ornaments and acrylic paint (pouring paint inside the ornament and swirling it around) so I made some 'planets' using the same technique. Wallah! A Star Trek tree! This year I'm going to put all of my Victorian ornaments on a small tree in my bedroom. There's nothing better for romance than just the lights of a Christmas tree!

Well, now that I have completely bored all of you to tears, and have been almost totally off diet/weight issues, I will depart from here for the day. I can hear you all saying 'thank goodness!' Hey, that can be what you're thankful for on Thankful Thursday!!! *teehee* Personally, I am thankful to be back on track and back in here again with all my friends! Love ya all!!!! You all have a wonderful day. I will try not to be so long-winded next time, yeah right!

"You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about, the more you have left when anything happens." - Ethel Barrymore

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-15-2001 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:43 AM   #20  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

It is a bright, beautiful morning, and I'm thankful to be alive!

That's all I have time to write for now, but I will try hard to be back tonight. Take care and remember to count your blessings. Hearth and home...

Andria
Old 11-15-2001, 01:37 PM   #21  

Default Good Afternoon

Here i am running like crazy and I don't have time to be here but just have to stop and say hello. (Huff huff huff) I hope you read that as fast as I said it. LOL

I did not get swimming again today. If it is not one excuse it is another. Michelle we should just sit and kick each other in the butt and then we would have our exercise in.

Thin... thanks for the recipes. I think you should post here and then those who dont want them can just scan down past them.
I am soooo happy to see you back in the groove again. It is so much better than being in a rut. I know about those ruts and I don't want to go there again. LOL
I also want to ask you... when do you start putting up all this Xmas stuff and how long do you leave it up? It would take me the entire month to put that much out. LOL. By the time I got it out it would be time to put it up.

Andria... I am thankful you stopped in for a quick visit. I am looking forward to hearing from you tonight.

Malia... YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!! I am sooo proud of you.
I have my determination in tact for sticking to my food program but I am having the hardest time with exercising. Grrrr
Oh to be 39 again. Enjoy it. Just think... you will be Fit by Forty. Doesn't that sound nice.

Well I am out of here. I am running late ... as usual. If only I could count running late as exercise I would be soooo skinny. LOL
Old 11-16-2001, 06:20 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Default RISE AND SHINE!!

The sun is going to be up before you are if you dont' get out of bed soon! I know I know...to heck with the sun!! LOL

2Cute...you mentioned running...thats exercise ain't it? Running down the road, running late its still running!! I am just not in the groove for exercising lately. I know I need it though!!

Thin thanks for the cookie recipes. I am going to make them and include them in my cookie tray to take to my mom's in Rhode Island that way I can eat cookies and not feel guilty and I can count the points!! Keep them coming if you have more!

Andria come back when you can!

Everyone else Hi for now! My son is crying to get out of his highchair. He must have thrown the rest of his french toast on the floor. He does that when he is done!

Have a good day!
Old 11-16-2001, 11:54 AM   #23  

Good morning all.
Michelle ... I have risen and I am shining. :

Today if Fun Friday but I dont see any fun planned for today. I HAVE to get control of my kitchen again. I am soooo bad at letting things pile up. CLUTTER !!! I start one room then go to another project. then another ... but I never FINISH anything. Grrrrr Today I am going to finish at least one thing I have "already" started. I guess you can consider that fun... I am going to be VERY HAPPY when I get it done.

Today I am still determined to follow my food plan.
Committment is a key word to success...it applys to marriage, completeing projects, raising children, and to losing weight.
If only I had that commitment to exercise. BUT... I will !!! I can't forget my favorite saying that got me this far.
PROGRESS not perfection.

You ladies take GOOD CARE of yourselves. Be productive today and include a little FUN in your Friday.
Old 11-16-2001, 02:02 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

Where the heck are you all!

2Cute...you are so right...Progress not perfection and I have been far from perfect today! Someone stuck a box of Sugar Free Whitmans chocolates on the file cabinet...now who the heck did that?? I have to say I honestly walked by 3 times and took one outta the box each time. They were sooooo good...now I have to count the points and at this rate by the time I get home I won't have any points for dinner.....guess it will be water water water!!

Hope more of you come out and post! I need help...I need butt kicking!

Talk at ya all later! Michelle
Old 11-16-2001, 02:59 PM   #25  

Default I DID IT !!!!!

Well ladies ... my plans have changed.

First let me tell you all..... I WENT AND DID MY SWIMMING !!!!!
Darn it is HARD to do what is best for youself. It shouldn't be... but for me it is.
BUT ... I did it anyways and I feel good about it.

Second... when I got home from swimming my DH was home so now we are headed for the lake and my CLUTTER will have to wait AGAIN. LOL

I love you all.... Thanks for being here for me.
It is so nice to have all of you to share my failures and my VICTORIES with.

Michelle... You know what those darn candies taste like now... YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE.
No harm has been done so far... but don't waste another point on those chocolates !!! What we are trying to "learn" is moderation. Three chocolates if plenty. You can continue with your day feeling "good" about yourself instead of being disappointed with yourself. You had some in moderation and you don't need any more.
And if you even THINK about eatting one more.... just remember....
I've got my eye on you !!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:55 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! Gosh, not too many here regularly anymore. What's the deal? I return and everyone runs away? I'll get a complex here!

I just wanted to run in real quick and say hello. Food is going decent. I am journalling again this week. That should make a decent difference. The scale remained the same this morning so I will try harder for the next couple of days.

2cute: Good for you, going back to the pool! Don't you feel better for the victory? I bet you do!!! I'm proud of you! You have a really good WINNING streak going. Have fun at the lake. See ya when you get back.

Michelle: I do have a couple of other cookie recipes in my pocket that I will share shortly. Just no time right today. Are you interested in 'bar' cookies as well? Let me know, I've got some of those too.

Hey, just for general information: Has anyone seen the Miss Meringue Fat Free Meringue Cookies? I know, I could make my own meringues, and have, but these are really good. I found vanilla ones sold in a tub at Costco for $4.99. They are really satisfying if you have a sweet tooth. They are a decent size and you get 2 cookies for 1 WW point.

Here are the stats on the vanilla ones: Serving size: 4 pcs. 80 calories, 0g fat, 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, Total Carbohydrate 20g, Fiber 0g, sugars 20g, protein 1g.

Also, they were advertised in the WW Magazine this month and it says that there are other flavors available; "vanilla, crunchy chocolate, lemon, mint chocolate chip, triple chocolate chip, cappuccino and more...." It also says: "For a store near you or to order, visit us at www.missmeringue.com or call 1-800-561-6516. These are so good, I thought they were worth sharing.

Ok, I'm gone for the rest of the day. For Fun Friday I'm cleaning toilets. Hope you're doing something more fun than that!!!

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Muriel Strode
Old 11-16-2001, 06:38 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

2Cute...LMAO...those sugar free chocolates were nice and creamy. I was going to take the last one, it was a chocolate truffle, but someone walked by just before me and snatched it...I said just as well. I'm really not a candy eater..but they were there! Good job on getting your swimming in...I need to get back but am having a hard time doing so. I have so much to do at home and with the holidays and all upon us I have even more to do. I am going to resolve myself to getting my 3 days a week in the month of January. That way I have NO EXCUSES!

Thin...any local cookies would be great...bars and all! If I don't tell anyone they won't know the difference. Those meringue cookies sound good. And two for 1 pt is great! Sometimes I just have a sweet craving...I am usually a starch eater..I like chips, pretzels, breads, pastas etc etc etc. Oh and mashed potatoes are my biggest weakness!!

Well I am going to scoot for now...don't anyone get no complex about others not posting...I NEED YOU...so if its just you and me you still need to be here for me! I am selfish like that! Maybe with the holidays and all the others are busy busy...but they will be back! They won't be able to resist us...LOL

Have a good night everyone! Michelle
Old 11-16-2001, 10:05 PM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I didn't make it back in yesterday, but I did get my therapy exercises done. I hate admitting this, but I was in tears before the end. They are hard work and painful, but I could walk a little better this morning. It reminded me how sometimes the hardest things to do are the ones most worth it in the long run.

I've been such a lurker for the last couple of months, and I hate it! When I'm here every day, keeping to a program is so much easier. I love the positive reinforcement. Heck, I thrive on it.

A couple of quick mentions before I get out of here.

Thin, those cookie recipes sound yummy! I think the peppermint meringues even fit into my little one's special diet. This is a good thing!

2cute, 25 pounds is wonderful! I am so proud of your determination and commitment. On top of it all, your new dancing song is the greatest!

Michelle, what is it with the holiday goodies rolling into the office already?! People are already dropping off treats at mine, and I am sitting all alone in the office trying to not think about them and the fact that no one would see me put that second or third bite in my mouth. Ugh!

Ok, time to get out of here and go pay some attention to my DH. It is finally sinking in that he is home for the evening.

Andria
Old 11-17-2001, 12:19 AM   #29  

Default Something Weird...

Something weird is going on here. In the middle of me reading... my screen changed and half of our posts went to page 2.
A minute ago it was on page 1. WEIRD.

I am going to start a new thread.

DO NOT REPLY IN HERE !!!!!

Instead go to 300+ and ready to try again... #105. See you all there.
Closed Thread