Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #16  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

My office has the same problem. Sometimes I tell the admin staff not to let me have any. Embarassing for sure but if I feel comfortable admitting it then I do ask her to help. The other thing I do which is semi-evil yet works for me is to think of it this way. Not eating that garbage works to my advantage in two ways. First, I dont eat the extra calories, therefore, getting closer to my goal. Second, someone else is eating it and not making themselves healthier. If everyone else keeps eating garbage and I don't then I look even better. I know that is mean but it helps me to not want it. I also avoid the locations where the food is because if nobody can see me I will likely sneak one if I can. By the time I have to go to that area, the candies are gone and in my head I think "yes! I did it and everyone else ate them! How great I am". It works for me. You are doing something good for yourself. I really have to work on my poor me attitude that life is so unfair that I can't eat whatever I want and remain at my goal weight.. or get to it. Life just isnt fair. Let the people who aren't focusing their efforts on proper diet and spending their time at the gym eat the junk food. It's not their priority. I have to tell myself that!

I have also become quite particular with what I eat for treats. I really dont enjoy cheap junk food as much as I used to. If I go to a restaurant and get a slice of pie that's ok with me once in a while. Cheap junk is readily available so if I avoid that I'm laughing.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 244.5/238/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I really appreciate all your responses, ideas, and encouragement! Today I was only at school in the afternoon, and though there were some cookies still in the evil lounge, they didn't look good enough to tempt me - sort of picked over, if you know what I mean. Not that that would necessarily stop me on any given day. BUT - I did drink a can of Coke (what is that, something like 16 tsps of sugar??) and stop for ice cream on the way home, so that behavior will probably be next on my list. One challenge at a time.

Anyway, I've printed some of your suggestions and encouragement to read at work, so thank you again.

-irishharper

P.S. Cheryl14, loved the term "Teacher's Room Food Fest"!
irishharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

HI, Hope every one has been able to say NO! At least to food we shouldn't have! Irish, if you have problems with wanting a snack on the way home, you might want to bring something with you to leave in the car for a snack. Have you tried the new Fiber One bars? They really taste good, unlike some of the other Healthy bars that taste WORSE than cardboard! They kind of taste like a rice crispy treat. AND they have 9g of fiber for 150 calories. I always have something in the car for when I'm out and i'm tempted to pull into the drive through! And carrying a bottle of water with you will help with the coke craving.

Congratulations on resisting those "not so tempting" cookies. That was a big step!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #19  
No description available.

[QUOTE=irishharper;1616431] I often eat one treat when others are in there, then sneak multiple other servings when no one is around. [QUOTE]

This really jumped out at me. Because I do the SAME thing! I will always eat more when other people are NOT around. Maybe one step is to decide to only eat in the lounge if someone else is there. Then you won't have those sneaky servings that add up and add up.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote