Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #16  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Oh Mel, no worries, that puppy is already scheduled. That is my 40th birthday present to myself. I need to be ~ 2 years post nursing (because I know several women who's size continued to change for 2 years) and at a stable (low!) weight before I can do it. Realistically its probably October of 2010 before I could do it.

I was just kind of hoping to at least get back to my previous gignormous self in the meantime! Especially since I weigh less than before my first kid. There was a small part of me that thought maybe I could get to semi decent just through dieting....here is hoping hormones back off when I wean, but thats still a looooong ways away

Meanwhile I beeyotch about them every time I go to the doc to document a history of pain, although I am borderline at having them cover it. (Its not DEBILITATING enough) I dont care, I'll pay out of pocket if I have to.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #17  
Mel

Keep moaning a b*tching to your doc! And maybe in the next couple of months the distribution fairy will come along and take some from you and pass it out to some who feel left out My theory is that there is a finite amount of fat in the world and that if I've gained some, some one out there has lost it and throw it my way

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Two friends who have had reduction and had it covered by insurance... both times the Dr gauged how much the bra strap was cutting into the shoulder as an indicator of whether it was necessary thus covered by insurance. Doesn't seem very scientific to me, but still, maybe wearing a cheapo bra before your next Dr visit and showing your Dr how terrible THAT is!!

I am a D when overweight (also when nursing), and a saggy, deflated, horrific barely B when slender. I don't care size, but would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to not be so deflated looking. Yes, we (almost) all have a complaint!
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 159/149/139

Height: 5'7"

I remember being 12 and in three months time being the biggest chested in my class. At 12 years 3 months, they NEVER grew again ... Thank God. Being a tomboy, they kinda would have gotten in the way. Needless to say, very happy in the boob department.
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/245/150

Height: 5'10"

If it makes you feel a little better, my mom is a size J. (and that was before she gained the weight she did within the last year) So at least you're not that big. See it could always be worse. (I was trying to make you feel better.)
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #21  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I feel your pain, litterally!! I didn't even have a baby and started with 42J bras. Since then I'm almost to the 80 lb mark (stupid ,6 of a lb), and I'm now down to a fabulous 36I. The band size keeps shrinking, but the cup size, not so much. Everyone was like, "Don't worry, when you lose weight, you'll lose the boobs too". Were they ever wrong. I think the only way they're coming off is if I get them cut off!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #22  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

yeah I was an I at the end of pregnancy and a J/K when my milk came in..thank god that didnt last long. Although I think it is bugging me now more because I am so disproportionate

I have scars from bra chafe..I'm hoping that will get me the surgery paid for
Old 03-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #23  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I never had boobs.. well I think i had a C cup when I was a my heaviest, but those werent boobs they were fat slabs, rolls with nipples Anyways.. at 160.. I was flat chested.. no boobage at all..and what I did have looked like flat tires.. so.. my fiancee bought me some.. problem solved lol.. Now they are beautiful, round, perky AND firm.. every girl should have a pair
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Wow ennay, sorry to hear about your pain.

I still think there's plenty of hope that some of the boobs will go down in the future.

I wasn't clear on whether you're still nursing, but like they say, every pregnancy is different so every POST pregnancy must also be different. So you may not be down to your "forever" size, especially if there's still milk in there (obviously the milk will be taking up some space and maybe the ducts get swollen and stuff..not that I know a thing about anatomy). Like you said, your hormones may not be completely back to normal..though mine feel like they are and our babies are the same age, I stopped nursing 6 months ago.

I also think some of that has got to be fat that will be lost. Albeit, maybe it will be the last to come off but I bet at least a little will come down.

The brighter side is that you could be carrying this weight on your stomach rather than your chest. Equally hard on the back, I'm guessing, but looks a **** of a lot sexier.

As for me 8 months out of a pregnancy, my body is totally out of shape from how it was before. My boobs are back to a C but my stomach has so much more fat and lax stomach muscles where before it was pretty fit, even when I would get more curvy. And my back is sure killing me and I've NEVER had back problems before. So I'm hoping this isn't my end result, but I've still got 15 pounds to go.

Last edited by Mami; 03-14-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #25  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Mami - yeah I am still nursing, probably for another 12-18 months...I'm one of those oregon hippies ya know So there is still hope! Ahhh well, maybe for halloween I can dress up as dolly parton.

I'm actually about 7 lbs below prepreg weight and the rest of me is probably fitter than before, except the pelvic floor and transverse abdominals. They are pathetic.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Ennay, I feel your pain. I am a fellow member of the well endowed boob club and while I have never made it up to a G cup I had the pleasure of spending the last 2 years with one boob that was at least 2 cups bigger than the other. It was like happy left D and big mamma right F. I mean we are all a little lopsided but this was absolutely ridiculous. I have been baggy shirt city for the past 2 years.

Not a pretty sight. The sacrifices we make for a littleuns.

OK so I am happy to report that they are both back to D now that weaning has been sucessfully accomplished. And I can wear a tank top and not get snickers from random passers by.

Hang in there (no pun intended) this too shall pass.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote