Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 10:18 AM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 58 & counting ...

And I'm on my way! Have a great day, everyone!!! Remember DOWNWARD, always DOWNWARD ... and/or ... THE SAME, ALWAYS THE SAME!!

Maintain or lose are the only words in my vocabulary today!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:36 AM   #17  
Mommy To Be

Me too Crone! "Lose" is the word of my day today.

I like the ideas of walking being therapeutic. It most definitely is. I love walking my dog Montana in the woods and just taking in the air and looking at everything around me. It's very healing. I get a chance to think things over and really consider the bigger picture in life, putting things in perspective. Just having the air move around my body because I'm walking is therapeutic.

Babette You are doing SO great. I hope your potential home buyers come back with another offer. Selling a house is stressful but you can do it and stay OP. You're doing wonderfully with the exercise too. I wish my DH would walk with me.

Crone I also want to move farther and farther away from the city. Right now I like in a pretty rural area but not rural enough for me.

Hi everyone
Well, I'm planning on having a great week this week. The time change always leaves me feeling energized. I go to bed early and wake up early and ahhhhh get lots of rest. One of my goals this week is to get 8 1/2 hours of sleep every night and see how this affects my eating patterns. I've heard one of the causes of overeating is not sleeping enough.
I did not have a good eating day yesterday but the days before that were great. I've gone back to AM to AM journaling because the PM to PM was giving me too much freedom to over eat at night and then try to compensate in the morning. This doesn't work for me because I do my workouts in the morning and my body needs fuel afterwards.
I think on Monday I'm going back to my old Weight Watchers group here in town. I really need the support of the people I started this journey with and I miss my little group quite a lot. Who knows what I will weigh-in at, since I'll be switching from an AM weigh-in to PM but a part of me doesn't care. I just really want to be back with those people.
On a sad note, my sister's dog passed away last Thursday after being ill for about a week. We are all very sad, since Sophie was like a human family member in every way. I didn't get to say good-bye, since my sister lives in Texas, and I know I'll miss lil' Sophie very much. Here's her website: In Memory of Sophie
Despite being sad, I'm trying to move on. I know that I'll see my animal friends again when my time here is done. It's just this time in between that feels a little lonely.
Have a good day girls.
Love, Lisa

Last edited by Weeesa; 10-29-2001 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-29-2001, 05:44 PM   #18  
deleted2

Default Can I Play?

I must admit I've been "eavesdropping" for a while now and so many worthwhile things are being said that I'd like to jump in!
Crone, Morrigan, and Babette [and others too!] I remember you from the Summer Lites thread! BTW, Crone--I know what tatting is now-we had a demo where I work and I was fascinated! Such delicate work and those flying fingers!
I've got an 11 day streak going and I'm loving it! I finally have the old passion for all this back. I'm back to how I lost weight in the first place: low-fat and daily exercise. I feel so good it makes me wonder why I ever deviate from this plan!

About the walking/pacing: a few years ago I cooked for a zen meditation retreat and several times a day they'd do a walking meditation. It was the middle of winter and there was snow outside so they walked inside this old farmhouse. In silence ,and a monk would ring a bell at intervals. Walking very slowly and deliberately. A break from all that sitting! but still meditating.
We have a labyrinth on our property and I love to walk it, but I have that sense of 'what have I done?' when ever I take that first step into it because I feel compelled to do it all the way thru and it's big and convoluted and it always feels like a journey!

One thing that's been very helpful to me lately is setting the tone for my day first thing in the morning by reading something inspirational or meditating for 5 minutes. Seems to make me stronger and better able to resist the food temptations that always come up.

~Eydie

Old 10-30-2001, 05:36 AM   #19  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Unhappy That time of the month again

The end of it, that is! I've got to keep my nose firmly to the grindstone today and tomorrow, to finish all the work that I haven't gotten done all month. Ick. I've been doing well and will have to redouble my efforts to stay OP with this. Ended up with 31 points yesterday, counting exercise. Weigh-in is tomorrow, so I hope to have a loss. The house offer seems to have stalled; we'll have to see what happens. Seems like if it doesn't go we'll likely be here for the winter again.

Welcome Goddess, we would love to have you come play with us! How long does it take you to walk your labyrinth? I've sort-of envisioned making one on our property, but now we're moving to town. It sounds like it would be great, though. I like your idea of the 5 minute day starter -- I often think I don't have time to meditate, but it's really more the mental space, i think.

Weeesa, I love walking in the woods, too. Such a rich experience compared to walking on the road. I'm looking forward to taking my new grandson with me! Sorry about your loss -- I think people often underestimate how much our four-legged pals can mean to us. Dogs are such wonderful animals -- I think they have a greater capacity for love than almost any others.

Crone, I'd be happy to send you the article when (if) it gets written. Right now it's at the "getting an outline together for a query letter" stage. I'm trying to branch out from technical writing to do writing that's more meaningful to me, but the problem is that I have lots of bill-paying type work on hand.

Hope everyone is doing well. Let's make this a great day, All!

xo
babette
231/211.2/160

Last edited by Arabella; 10-30-2001 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:23 AM   #20  
deleted2

Weesa, I'm sorry I forgot to touch on the loss of your animal friend. I understand completely. This year we've lost 3 members of our family--2 dogs and 1 cat. At least we lost them to illnesses in their revered old age so we had them for many years. it was hard but it's so much better to have loved and lost, I always say. I dream about them all the time and they're the ones I want to see coming to met me in the white light when my time comes!!

Old 10-30-2001, 11:23 AM   #21  

hey all. well, i had been doing really well, but after yesterday, it's back to day one for me (again!). i realized that it's not so much what i ate or how much exercise i didn't get-it was the mindset. i went to **** yesterday with that and because of it, i pigged out. i'm not restarting cuz i overate, i'm restarting cuz i really slipped mentally.
of course, i'm not at the gym as i should be right now, but i'll get some exercise in today (i hope).
it must be the halloween in the air-i am craving chocolate and i don't usually eat it-aaarrrghhhhhh!

well, i guess i'll try to get some schoolwork done and keep my mind on track. keep up the good work, all of you...
Old 10-30-2001, 11:27 AM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 59 ...

And still counting!

Looking for ways to make today wonderful, as I am feeling a little down and don't wish to translate that feeling into excess calories!

Goddess: It is good to "see" you, electronically speaking. I am in envy or your possession of a labyrinth. I've thought of creating a mini one in my front yard, which is a desert of weeds at the moment. Hope your tatting demo gave you ideas of joining the sisterhood of tatters (or brotherhood, as many men tat). You can learn needle tatting in about five minutes, shuttle might take a bit longer (but it is worth the extra effort in my opinion). For me, tatting is a diet aid, as I hold that one cannot tat and binge at the same time. Tatting is also a form of meditation for me and brings peace and joy to my soul (and also Christmas presents to give my friends). Can't ask for more from a simple knot!

Babette: I empathize about doing the bill-paying stuff before the features, etc. This is the first year I haven't been able to support myself with features or newspaper work ... hence this market research gig that I don't like. But it'll all even out eventually and life will be fun again, don't you think? That's why I want to keep the weight off and my fitness level high ... so I can enjoy the coming good times!

Weeesa: That is sad about your family's pet reaching the end of her life. I don't really know what I believe about an afterlife, but I am with Goddess in having a mental picture of all my sweeties running to greet me in some happy land (maybe with a giant park where the dogs can run, the birds perch in trees and the cats just sit observing).

I'm off to do market research! Let's have a glorious rest of the day and burn fat like crazy!
Old 10-30-2001, 10:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hi everyone. I am back down to 155 and fairly happy about it. I am also finally getting over being sick. The next 3 days are going to be rough. I have to ride a bus from Sandpoint to Boise (Idaho) for about 9 hours with the high school football team - eating at all you can eat buffets along the way. Idaho is way to big of a state when playoffs come along. It is a long drive. I think I am going to have a rough time with all the junk food on the bus and eating out at buffets. Salad bar for me!
Old 10-31-2001, 10:55 AM   #24  
deleted2

Babette, It takes me between 10 and 20 minutes to walk the labyrinth depending on my mood! It's 30 feet across and is modeled after the Chartes cathedral one. Made out of bark mulch that's been raked into the pattern and surprisingly it holds its pattern for 2 years and then it neds to be re-raked and refreshed with more mulch. It's beautiful in the snow!

Happy Halloween, Folks! Remember to admire the full moon tonite! BTW< I've successfully avoided the seasonal goodies this year. I'm on lucky Day 13 of my streak!

Old 10-31-2001, 11:54 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 60

And I'm on the run out the door to the hated market research gig!

No Halloween candies have tempted me this year as I've simply not bought any. I'm afraid I'm going to be a spoilsport and batten down the hatches tonight, as I don't really approve of trick or treating from a safety standpoint. I never have and this year I especially don't. I think it's much better for groups and parents to hold supervised Halloween parties on this night. It can be just as fun for the kids ... or more fun ... and much less risky.

So my extreme grouchy cronedom is helping to focus my restraint today!

But have a great day, anyway, all Streakers!
Old 11-01-2001, 09:00 AM   #26  
Mommy To Be

I hope this day after Halloween finds everyone ON PROGRAM???

I'm happy today because now that Halloween is over, we can get started on the Holidays! This is my favorite time of year-right about now is when the spirit starts to move, saying "Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming...." Christmas is my favorite time of year because it's the ONLY time of year when my family is all together. That means more to me than anything else I can think of. This year we are all going to the Bahamas for four days before CHristmas! I can't wait- we have two cottages right on the beach at a quaint little Cove. Now if that's not motivation to get thin, then I don't know what is!

I am still doing the PM to PM journaling here. I love it! Today I'm not OP though because I messed up last night and got into some cupcakes. So I'm streaking into Day One starting at 5PM today. I'm eating lightly all day today though. I had a grilled cheese (with Lite Bread and FF cheese) this morning and now I'm eating some grapes. Lunch will be light and then I won't eat again until after supper. I really need to have a loss when I get on that ol' scale next Monday night.

Goddess Your labrynth sounds soo neat! I would really like to make one for myself. Too bad my back yard is only 34X15. Thank you for your condolences on my sister's dog. She truly was a kindred spirit and I hope to see her again when my time on earth is over.

Crone How are you doing?

Morrigan Back to 155! That's great!

Well, my fingers are sticky from eating grapes and I've got payroll to do, so I'll see you skinny girls later!

love, lisa
Old 11-01-2001, 12:31 PM   #27  

hello. well, i started a new job yesterday and it being halloween, they had a big luncheon. so, i ate quite a bit more than i should have, but i tried to stick to better choices (the raw veggies instead of nachos). we had enough kids come by last night that we have NO leftover candy! i only munched a few pieces all day, so i'm feeling ok about that. i haven't made it to the gym this week cuz of school and the new job and blah, blah, blah, but i have been trying to get in some yoga like stuff every day. i may not be burning tons of calories, but i'm keeping moving.
everyone sounds like they're doing really well; i hope you all keep up the good work.

goddess-question for you-are you in northern va or southern? if you are in northern, do you know of any public sorts of places that have labrynths to walk? i went to one in arlington once, but they closed, and i would love to do it again. my backyard is WAY too small for one, unfortunately.

morrigan-155......honestly, i don't remember that.....must have been....7th grade??
i'm impressed and i hope i'm there again sometime.
congratulations
Old 11-01-2001, 12:40 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 61, 21 to go ...

I'm rededicating myself to my program for the three weeks until Thanksgiving, though I've not been off once. Still I am not where I want to be weight-wise, but decided I don't care. I just need to continue the program. Still would not MIND having a LOWER weigh-in this week, but it's up to my body what it wants to do. I'm not fighting with it ... just counting my calories and doing the workouts.

Everyone seems to be upbeat and hope this will be a great day for all. I honestly can't stay awake and need to take a nap before I run out and pay bills.

Downward!!
Old 11-01-2001, 01:53 PM   #29  
deleted2

Default Day 14!

The day after Halloween and my program's intact! Luckily my favoite peppermint patty is low-fat and allowed occasionally so my streak continues. I know it's only been 2 weeks but I've gotten really attached to my tender little streak!

Sychie, I'm in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I don't know of any labyrinths in Northern Virginia. Someone was telling me about a national labyrinth registry--something to research? And hey, if you're ever in the neighborhood.....

I'm still not ready to weigh myself--I'm curious if anything has shifted but I don't know if I'm strong enough to handle it well if there's no change.
I'm in a good space right now. Right now it's not even about weight. All I know is I feel really good and positive!

Eydie

Old 11-02-2001, 11:13 PM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 62

Very busy day and hard to stay on program but made it through.

Goddess, sounds like a good idea not to weigh yourself for a time. It's important to be in the right mindset first. I envy you your "good space" ... hoping to find mine soon, too.
Closed Thread