UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:58 AM   #91  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Woo! It's back!

I ran 12.2 miles yesterday, and had some car trouble

This morning I've already driven to Manchester Airport and back, and run about 3.75 miles. When I got in my entire family was sitting there eating bacon and sausage sandwiches while I made my fruity porridge
Old 02-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #92  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Woooo!

YP did you feel like an ?

I managed to stick to having a good food day yesterday despite being so tired I wanted to dive into the nearest Thorntons.

Had a great kickboxing lesson yesterday too, did some shopping, got new running top, it's long sleeved and fleecey!! Then went to Topshop and bought some sandals, since it's sooooo hot

Just had a quarter of a cheesey garlic bread pizza. Glad I just had a quarter, the nutrition is appalling! Unfortunately I ate it 10 minutes ago and now I'm starving Protein shake methinks!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #93  

You are far more virtuous than me I had an egg and mushroom sandwich today but it was with low fat spray and wholemeal bread
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #94  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm having a miserable day. I've been slacking these past few days, Thursday and Friday I had to come home from work and eat, as I hadn't had time to get myself anything before work, hoped there would be something in work I could have, but nope.
My consultant said as long as it's free food, I shouldn't worry as much about eating late, so I made sure I ate free food. And I have had to put my syns first on a couple of occasions. But I didn't go over, I am allowed 10, the most I had on one day was 7½. So not bad, but I feel so damn guilty having to do that, but I was stuck. I am going to go at it like **** this week. I am determined to loose this week again, not put on.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #95  

don't worry about it I found out on SW that I was losing loads of weight to start with but later on unless I had most of my 10 syns i wasn't losing so you are doing yourself a favour 7 1/2 is nothing.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #96  
Paint The World P!nk

I live on the 3rd floor, I just took the stairs from the ground floor, I will do again in about an hour and I won't touch the lift again, unless it's monday when I do food shopping. Don't like using stairs if I can't hold the railing! Afraid i'll topple backwards and fall down them haha!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #97  

Ooh I'm in! I kept getting email alerts but couldn't get in, it was still read only for me. Don't you feel sorry for me?

Homersmummy you can have 5 -15 syns, it does say in a sw book I have if you have a lot of weight to lose like me you can have more (I think it suggested 20) but when I did sw and lost 3 stone I had 30 a day. Don't feel guilty have your syns.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I have the worst hangover in the world.

Went out with my friends last night and got rotten drunk. Ate like a bloke when I got home you know the kind of thing toast and whatever you can see in the fridge. Had a great night but some lousy fecker stole my mobile!!

Still what can you do oh and I am still ten stone 7lbs hurray

Have a good week everyone

Michele x
Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #99  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The best NSV yet. I went out for my grandfather's 80th with my sister, her boyfriend and my parents (and my grandparents, obviously), and my grandmother said I look thinner than my sister. Shallow, but still worth a !

Eating and drinking hasn't been too great, but it's been better than it could have been. I've not been eating amazingly healthy stuff (chinese blow out for lunch, followed by cake and toasted teacakes), but I ate sensible portions, and far less than everyone else (including far less than I would have eaten before). So it could have been worse I suppose.

And I'm thinner than my sister

(I might upload the pictures from today tomorrow when they've all gone home and I might get near the computer for more than 5 minutes at a time.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #100  
Paint The World P!nk

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Homersmummy you can have 5 -15 syns, it does say in a sw book I have if you have a lot of weight to lose like me you can have more (I think it suggested 20) but when I did sw and lost 3 stone I had 30 a day. Don't feel guilty have your syns.
Yeah, I read that too ... but my consultant told us all to aim for just 10. I don't need them, I just felt guilty about using my syns first. Instead of the free food or healthy extras.
Never mind. I will see what Thursday brings.

I tried to buy an exercise bike last night, but couldn't... they only took up to 16st!
Bought Max and Paddys Power of Two DVD instead, it says in reviews it's a work-out that doesn't require you bouncing around the floor! Just what I need!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I know I shall sound a tad dense but what is a NSV?

Michele x
Old 02-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #102  

I had to think... non scale victory! Well done on being THINNER THAN YOUR SISTER! Woo!

I used to use a 16 st weight limit exercise bike and I was 19 st and a bit. Is the Max and Paddy dvd good?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 AM   #103  

Well you lot are all luckier than me. I last tried to get on 3FC at ten o'clock last night and I was still locked out, but at least I am back now. Flaming Tiscali!!!

I can't see me ever being thinner than my sister.........unless she gets preggers again LOL
Old 02-06-2006, 06:47 AM   #104  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'll never be thinner than my sister - she's got a 19 inch waist. She's older than me and has been the same shape and weight for the last 40 years (give or take a pound or two for Christmas/holidays) AND she eats like a horse. If I ate the stuff she does I'd gain 5lbs a week. She doesn't 'believe' in exercise either. Life is just so not fair. She takes after my Mum's side of the family whereas I take after my Dad's.

3FC still wasn't working for me at 10 last night and I'm with Wanadoo.

I thought I'd have an early walk today and then get on with some work but because I'm walking faster I thought I'd go a little further and I got lost again. So I've seen some more of the Moors that I didn't know existed and found a pretty lake! I must try and find my way back there when the weather is warmer so that dogs can have a swim. My pedometer says we walked 11.25 miles and instead of being out for 2 hours we were out for just over 3! My back is killing me!!

I actually lost 2lbs this week. This is nearly miraculous for me - so it must be 2frustrated's zigzag idea working.

I'm slowly working my way through that Antony Worrall Thompson GI Diet recipe book. Some have been really nice but yesterday's dinner was absolutely revolting. Its the first time I've ever left almost an entire meal when I've been on a diet. It was strange really because the individual ingredients were fine, it was just when they were combined together and cooked that they tasted disgusting. I don't suppose it helped that I'd made myself some chargrilled aubergine, courgette and red pepper for lunch which I had stuffed in a wholemeal pitta - trouble was I lost track of time and never ate lunch until 2pm and then, of course, I wasn't hungry for dinner at 6.30, especially as I had eaten a fruit snack at about 4.

I am really struggling with eating all these meals and snacks - I understand the reasons why we should eat frequently but there are times that I LIKE to feel hungry for a meal.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #105  

Well done Sarah don't get lost on those moors.
Closed Thread