UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #151  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Ooh, very nice. And good luck with the great north run ballot too. That's one I'm DEFINITELY not doing though, it's the week after Berlin so I don't think even I could be persuaded!

Just got in ready for a 6.30 run and only one person seems to want to go out, so unless she gets my email saying I'm up for it too I'm not sure whether she'll turn up. I suppose I could always run down there, wait for a while and if she's not there do the course on my own if she doesn't reply in the next 10 minutes or so.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #152  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

That is a STUNNING dress! Absolutely beautiful!!

Okay - what is it about getting married worries you? Is it getting married or being married?

Having been married from age 20 to 25 and again from age 40 to now I know that I prefer being married - but I hated the whole big deal about getting married the first time around. The second time around we cheated, we got married and then told all our friends and family about it.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #153  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Different husbands though - makes a difference!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #154  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Yuck. I went out for a run on my own and didn't realise how heavy the rain actually is. Plus a really strong headwind on the way back as I was tiring and getting too wet

Still, I need to get my miles done early this week so I can have the weekend off, so at least that's 4 more down.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #155  

Ooh a fancy dress.

I'm really annoyed I have to go the docs tomorrow I hate going to the docs. I haven't been for ages though and they won't give me any drugs I have sent people to the chemist to pick them up three times (because of back) and now a week later I ring docs to ask why chemist can't get my DRUGS and they say my prescription is at the docs with a note attached asking me to make an appointment! How am I supposed to know that! ARGH. So off to test my back up steep hill to docs tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #156  

I may ask for some weight loss help at docs I dunno what though, he'll probably just tell me to walk up the steep hill more. I demand to be treated like an ill person who can't help themselves. Anyone know what help you can get?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #157  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm afraid I have no idea, I've not been to the doctors since 2003 and more scarily that was to get a sick note CANCELLED so I could go back to work instead of going down to half pay. It doesn't hurt to ask though.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #158  

My dad had help at the doctors he saw a nurse that does nutrition and they actually talked him through what he was doing at the moment (which was eating lots obviously lol my dad is the family bottomless pit) and then sorted him out a diet sheet. He got the whole you are damaging your health lecture which was a bit sucky but he was quite good with the diet lost stones for a while until he got sick of it and put it back on.

It was a diet that controlled portion size.

You are so lucky i practically live at my doctors I had an appointment every week for nearly 2 years because my asthma was so shitty and I've had antibiotics 4 times in the last six months. I hate it its really embarrasing when you go in and they look at you as if to say not you again.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #159  

I'm so preoccupied with thought of going to docs I have just washed my clothes in the washer with just water.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #160  

I'm sure they are used to the same people going a lot. I think I should mention my strange breathing noise when walking, I am scared of mentioning anything to do with breathing problems I don't want to end up with a sleep apnea machine like my brother.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #161  

it might just be a mild sinus problem or something.

I need to go to the doctors again actually and am putting it off. I went iceskating nearly a month ago now and fell over and the bruising has gone but my kneecap still kills and is a bit swollen I'll give it another week and then I'm going to have to have it looked at
Old 02-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #162  

Ms Veggie, you need to tell 'em the lot, make it dramatic!!! You're entitled to an exercise prescription, if you have a council gym nearby (which living in outer woop woop you probably don't ), to help from a dietitian, evern weight loss surgery depending what your Primary Care Trust is like (according the National Insititute of Clinical Excellence guidelines, all trusts should provide access if you are morbidly obese, or obese with health issues)

Even if you do have sleep apnea, they are loathe to prescribe a CPAP machine unless it's pretty severe. I had a sleep study done, and I had a version of sleep apnea, but doc said it was best cured by losing weight, so here I am. No CPAP for me.

My doctors just did that to me with my asthma drugs. I was expecting my repeat prescription, only to have a nasty conversation with the receptionist. Bloody **** I have had the same prescription since I was 2!!!! Sigh

On a happier note, Frus, the dress is gorgeous!!! Really pretty, and Princess is right, you'll be able to wear it again!!! I love halter necks, the posh spice wedding dress and its variants get very boring!!!

Sarah, it's the whole nine yards that scare me. I got married at 21 and separated at 24 and didn't divorce until I was 29 (he was a scary bunny boiler type and kept following me around and threatening me - so I moved to England as soon as the divorce came through)

Once bitten......... I am happy enough the way things are, but I think Col would really love to get married, I would be wife number three!!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #163  

What the blink is outer woop woop? (google tells me some odd Australian film ) We do have a prescription type gym ooh scary thought!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #164  
Gym'll fix it!!

Frus the dress is gorgeous did 'nt know you'd made wedding plans CONGRATULATIONS!!

Talking of all these aches and pains my hip has been playing up something rotten since I quit treadmilling mobility seems to be a better option than drugs for me..I should keep telling myself that
Old 02-08-2006, 03:49 AM   #165  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Cat - I didn't know I was making wedding plans either till Sunday! I was looking at wedding venues, then I thought I'd browse through the dresses and I found that one, so I just have to find out where to buy the thing now!

Veg - get yee to the Docs and moan a lot!

Sarah - it's not getting married or being married that's scary, it's divorce! Does that sound pessimistic or what!? See it's all the more popular to get married early, get divorced, get married again. I don't want to do that! And I know that if it's right then we won't get divorced but and it feels right now but what about forever? Does that make sense? Also it feels too grown up! I don't like growing up!

On the exercise front, I did a great kickboxing class last night, ended up sparring with my pink gloves! They are magic! I managed to do quite well Ooooh and I almost did box splits last night - huzzah!
Closed Thread