UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:07 PM   #76  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm still trying to come up with the description of what I want so it doesn't end up the same. Maybe I should just go in and say that if it looks like it does now (other than being tidier and dried/straightened properly) I won't pay and see what I get. Actually, maybe I also need to say it needs to be work safe before I do that

I hate it when it starts to get cold and dark. I much prefer summer, particularly as I don't have many winter clothes that fit me. Then it hit me, all my sister's winter stuff is here, which gives me a whole new wardrobe to aim at. So I'm currently wearing one of her jumpers, probably the first time I've ever been able to fit in her clothes.

Also, I tried my size 14 suit on earlier to see whether it's ready for wearing yet, and IT IS
Old 09-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #77  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Oh. My. God.

I've just spent the past 2 weeks trying to find the perfect pair of jeans, and it feels like I've tried on every pair of jeans in Leeds. I didn't want to pay too much for them as I'm hoping to shrink yet further, but I wanted something a bit smaller than the Gap jeans I'm wearing at the moment which are shockingly getting a little loose. The perfect pair seemed to be eluding me, although I was getting closer today.

I never thought I'd find them in the drawer full of my skinny sister's old winter clothes I knew she'd slimmed down a bit since she started working as a scuba diving instructor, but still, I didn't quite realise that I'm now the same size as she was 2 years ago (I know exactly when as I found a cinema ticket in the pocket, November 2003).

Fantastic, I'll borrow them for a while as she doesn't need them (not being that size, and not being in the country anyway) and save myself the cost of buying any more jeans for another size or two.

Off to rummage a bit more to see what else I can find!

Edit -

excuse my language, but f*** me! I've now retrieved a size 14 suit from Next, some size 14 River Island trousers, a size 14 dress from Debenhams and assorted tops and jumpers, to join the aforementioned jeans. Some of them are a little tight, but they all seem to pretty much fit. I'm sure she won't mind...

Last edited by YP1; 09-15-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:00 PM   #78  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooh 'eck I hope she is'nt a lurker YP
Old 09-16-2005, 03:36 AM   #79  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hooray for 14s!

I'm off! Scales haven't moved after a MONTH! Body fat % is UP! What is going on??
Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 AM   #80  

Question

Does exercising help with PMT?

I hope so because i've just booked my first class it's for beginners and it's called "mystery".
Let's hope it improves my mood.
(My other half has wisely decided to p*ss off out of the way for a while which is why I'm venting my spleen here.)

Sorry guys
I'll fill you in on the "mystery" later.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:13 AM   #81  
aka Superwoman!

I like your post!

And yes exercise does help with PMT!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #82  

There's a lot of going round is it catching?

What's this mystery class it is like a mystery tour? Do they wait to see which gym instructor turns up?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #83  

Talking

IT'S A BOY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO KIRSTY and ANDREW on the safe arrival this morning of their baby boy, weighing in at 6lbs 4 1/2 oz. HOORAY!

When I spoke to Kirsty last night they still didn't have a name for the baby so I guess she is open to all suggestions! He he he!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BABY STEWART!!!

Last edited by teel; 09-16-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 AM   #84  

Aww send our congrats on
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #85  
aka Superwoman!

Aww bless! Congrats for a little baby boy!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #86  

OK it definitely helped,
I was too knackered to be raging maniac by the time i finished my "mystery" class. So this afternoon i decided to treat myself by sitting down to watch a film (when you've got a 6yr old son you never get to see a whole one) anyway i chose "A Very Long Engagement" I pretty much cried all the way through it and I'm still feeling like a miserable cow ( Hormones aren't they great )

What was the" mystery"? Buggered if i know

Last edited by shush; 09-16-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:50 PM   #87  
aka Superwoman!

Aww shush shush! You'll be ok!

Today I have been mainly eating VEGETABLES

Now not particularly strange... But you are talking to someone who counts chips as vegetables! I made myself (well us, but he's not here to eat it! I'll force feed him the leftovers!) a vegetable stir fry with noodles and soy sauce and then flung in some chicken afterwards cos he's a veggie!

My many vegetables included - carrots (of course), mushrooms, courgette, aubergine and then I chickened out with the peppers!

Since HE'S in the pub - I think I'll get on with my back kicks when my dinner's gone down!
Old 09-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #88  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm quite worried. My cocktail drinking partner has got a text with an offer for 2 for 1 cocktails all weekend at my favourite cocktail bar in town. We were meeting up in town tomorrow afternoon for a shopping trip. I have a suspicion that it might not end quite as sober as it starts.

And I have to be in a fit state to run on Sunday morning. Something tells me it's not going to happen and I'll end up throwing up into the bushes half way round...
Old 09-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #89  

Tut tut shouldn't you be getting an early night?

Having a favourite cocktail bar sounds posh I don't think we have such things round here.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #90  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

It's been postponed til tomorrow anyway, so early night is on the cards after all.

I'm getting scared now...

The 5 stone haircut was a success, I think. It doesn't look like it did before, the way she was describing her suggestion sounded very similar to what I had, I don't know whether I looked a bit disappointed or whether she was going to say it anyway, but then she suggested a fringe... Not sure whether I like it at the moment but it will grow on me I think.

More of a success and related to the 5 stone haircut) is the fact that I've actually earned it! Went on the scales in Boots and they said 13 stone 8. 5 stone gone! Unfortunately I seem to be shrinking, it said I was half an inch shorter than last time I used them, but never mind... Still 13 stone 8

Also raided Primark for some warmer tops so I now have something to wear.

Pictures later possibly, unless I go to bed ultra early...
Closed Thread