UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #46  

i eat steak and baked potatoes all the time and im nearly{please please this week }under 15 stone so i must be doing something right
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:47 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat90
Pity tho' cuz I love spuds with meat especially a baked spud with steak
From my understanding you can still have steak and baked spud on either a green or a red day. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

On a red day you would be allowed Loads of steak and a teeny portion of baked spud.

On a green day you could have loads of baked spuds with a teeny portion of steak.

I've been watching the 'You are what you eat' programme and it makes my pre-diet look practically healthy! I do have to glance away though when they do the enemas! (sp?)
Heavensbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #48  

Yup Heavensbug you are quite right, except I wouldn't say that the healthy extras were "teeny" when had!

227g baked potato is quite a normal sized potato really - especially when accompanied with half a cow

Likewise on a green day - a healthy extra worth of steak is adequate when accompanied with a sack of potatoes I find
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #49  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh you are right when I said that I meant the BIG steak and potato dinner that i'm used to i'm used to 10-14ozs steak not 3ozs with a loaded monster spud too
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #50  

cat on a red day you can eat a ton of steak as long as the baked potato is only 3 oz
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:05 PM   #51  
Gym'll fix it!!

3oz I guess i'll just have to stop being such a greedy when I mentioned the big steak and potato I was talking about the food combining really and you can't have the spud with the steak at all on that one
Old 08-09-2004, 04:16 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly M
Yup Heavensbug you are quite right, except I wouldn't say that the healthy extras were "teeny" when had!

227g baked potato is quite a normal sized potato really - especially when accompanied with half a cow

Likewise on a green day - a healthy extra worth of steak is adequate when accompanied with a sack of potatoes I find
That's good to know.

So far I have been avoiding Meat as my healthy extra on a Green day (and vice versa on a red day) as I just feel like this can be my 'Without meat' day.

G
Old 08-09-2004, 05:01 PM   #53  
Gym'll fix it!!

"just the one, dear?"
Old 08-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #54  

Ha - i never noticed your saying Heavensbug! I love Ab Fab!

And I never have meat on Green day either chick - some people though "have to"....

Gosh its 10pm and I am lost without Big Brother!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #55  

Advise Please
I was lucky enough to find a few SW books in a local charity shop the other day,they look to be a few years old though. I am currently counting fat but thinking that maybe a change is needed. Would these books still be of use?
Tina1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly M
Ha - i never noticed your saying Heavensbug! I love Ab Fab!

And I never have meat on Green day either chick - some people though "have to"....

Gosh its 10pm and I am lost without Big Brother!
Me too Lost oh very lost.

Tina, should be ok, they just change stuff so people have to buy the new books I guess.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:05 AM   #57  

Re food combining - this has been around for Donkey's years. Basically the Hay diet. There are several books around regarding food combining. There was even an article in Daily Mail some years back. There is even a food combining book for vegetarians (Rose Elliott I think).

My Aunt follows it (more or less) but I cannot hold her up as a good role model particularly (sorry Aunt!) -however she hardly gets colds -mind you neither do I. She is not particularly svelte either!
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Me too Lost oh very lost.
I'll have to find something new to watch too!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:53 PM   #59  

I missed this week's episode - Was it any different from the previous weeks? (they seem a bit repetative)

kel x
Old 01-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #60  
Phasers on stun!

'You are what you eat' just started playing here in Canada. Interesting show but what is up with her obsession with people's bowel movements. The show with the lady who poured salt all over the food she made for her family really got to me.
Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote