UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #16  
Must Stay Motivated

lol - mine have been referred to as likening an AA road atlas - lol. I am absolutely covered in them from my bobs down to my knees. Some of them are really wide.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #17  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I am a great user of cocoa butter, love to smother myself in it, and I adore the smell. I have recently been told to rub vitamin E on scars and stretch marks as it fades them really well. Haven't tried it yet, but might get some next time I'm out shopping.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #18  

I have been trying Elicina for a few weeks now and it seems to be making minor improvements. I will let you all know how it progresses. Has anyone tried Strivectin? I have also purchased that and am waiting for it in the post. I have heard it is clinically proven to markedly reduce/eliminate the appearance of stretch marks in 93% of those studied. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work
USLadyInWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #19  

hey ask if they sell it in one ton tubs and ill give it a go
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #20  
Please help

Go to Holland and Barret and buy Gerard House Vitamin E cream. Its £3.80 odds a tub. They are not the biggest tubs in the world. I am 234 lbs (down from 282lbs) and i use it 3 time a week and use 2 jars a week. It works for me, But I have really fair skin (red hair), but if that doesn't work try vitamin e oil, but I had problems with it directly on the skin (too oily) so mix it with a coco butter or even any regular body moisturiser to loosen it a bit. Also wear latex gloves when applying and it will go further (as your hands don't absorb half the bloody stuff before its gotten near your body). It took me a while to work that one out, but i'm proud to say my palms are indeed stretch mark free (hehehehehehehehehe).
kittyindistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #21  

Thumbs up

I am new here and not to sure what to do but I got strechmarks from my pregnacy I used oils and creams during to prevent them where i used the cream i didnt get them but i forgot to do legs and bum and that where i got them anyway i have been using cocoa butter for three months now and not much changes i use it twice a day but now im exfoliating my body twice a day and using cocoa butter and also 100% vitamin E oil for two weeks and man have i seen the different they have faded alot i would reccomend this to anyone but it is exspensive the vitamin E oil is about $20 for a little bottle that lasts a month.
sassy_8422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #22  
Recovering chocoholic

Apparantly the cocoa butter or vitamin E from body shop are very very good. But I can't tell you from personal experience because I'm allergic to bodyshop stuff.
viviki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #23  

In case anyone's interested I tried Bio-oil and it did nothing for the stretch marks (bane of my life) although it did make my skin nice and soft. Having said that it was only about £7 off the 'net so didn't lose much in trying it.

Frances xxx

Last edited by NoSenseOfAdventure; 01-14-2005 at 12:40 PM.
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:48 AM   #24  

Lightbulb im an expert!

the best thing iv found is the jean wu method look it up on the internet or ask me and i might type it all out for you.

also drink 2ltr water a day and take rda of zinc vit b5 and vit c

also use 40% glycolic acid once a week and tri-reduction cream once a night before bed.

any questions just ask i will answer as best as i can.
trysohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:17 PM   #25  

hi
i used the bodycare shop (black signwith bodycare wrote in white) vitamin e cream it was in agreen and white tub and priced at 99p it is really good at fading your strech marks quite quickly as long as you use it every day. hope this helps
ladybird is offline   Reply With Quote