UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Exclamation LEGS..... HELP Please

Hi ladies

I have BIG legs i always have even when I was slim i had big legs, i have tried walking to make them smaller - no change, cycling - that made them firm up and get bigger. nothing makes them shrink not weightloss or exercise.
Now I have a big bum but I like it, its firm and just right its just my bloody legs that need help

ANY exercises that you have found make your legs smaller PLEASE tell me, or am i just destined to have hockey player legs for every (yes i played for 10 years)

All suggestions welcome xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

The more weight you lose eventually the smaller they will get- have you tried measuring them to see if there is no change for sure?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Not that it's any help but I'm the same, treetrunks for legs
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #4  

Thanks girls, even when I was 9 1/2 stone I had big legs its all mussel from years of sports as a teenager.
I will start to measure them I just want them to go and be pretty, my mum is a big girl like 20stone + and she has the most beautiful legs, they are sculpted and lovely... I want them!!
When I was 18 I had lipo behind my knees and the fat and mussel just came back even with exercise

arrrggghhhh - what can I do???
Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I have big legs too- but I know mine has fat on them! I lost 20 lbs and my measurements stayed the same on my legs. BUT when I lost another 20 lbs and went down from a size 18 to 14 jeans I had to have lost weight in my legs also. So digging out a pair of 18s I was able to really SEE the difference in my legs

Also the closer you get to goal the slimmer your legs will get Also the rest of you is getting smaller sooo that'll make it look like your legs are still the same. For me I lose in the stomach and upper body first, legs are much slower to lose fat for me

Toning exercises might help

Good luck! Get those measurements or if you are down in a pant size whip them out and check the difference!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #6  

Thanks honey I am down to an 14 now from a 18 so they must of got a little smaller, but its like i lose from the head down, 1st my chins went then my shoulders and boobs now its just the bingo wings belly (which is getting smaller) and legs not just the thighs but ,my calfs are a solid lump you cant pinch any fat on them they are hard.
I am going to see a personal trainer and see what they can do, but I am spectical as the last one made me build them up

Thanks for all your comments xx
Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #7  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

thi may seem counter intuitive, but i say STOP working your legs, you are only going to buil more muscle. Let them atrophy, and at the same time, continue to lose bidy fat,.... if they are really as muscular as you claim ( and its NOT fat on top of/in between muscles then allwoing them to shrink while dropping body fat will def help
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #8  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I have had large legs my entire life as well. Until this go around that is. Running has made the difference. Also, losing all this weight. I always said that I would never have small legs. Not true. They are much smaller now. My legs changed the most actually.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

I have noticed a drastic change in my legs this week. Now the muscles are poking out, the legs are much smaller but I am not sure yet how to feel about the muscles. They move when I walk but it is better than jiggling fat, I guess. I will not do any leg exercises because I think just holding me up works them fine. I want them smaller but not more built.
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Unfortunately I understand how you feel, my legs are ridiculous at the moment. But my best fried has just lost some weight and running and horse riding have slimmed her legs down considerably, they're still muscular but in a slim and shapely way.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Sorry I can't be of any help, I have the opposite probably I am all middle and bosoms with slim legs and hips, when I got to nine stone four they were even thinner buttttttt my middle really did get way smaller, so I am sure your legs will shrink, but I think our basic bodyshapes are the ones we have to put up with. You sound like a healthy pear while I am an unhealthy apple.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow wish me luck slim chicks as I was a piggy at the weekend, my hormones they had me tormented.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

running helps with your legs and the cross trainer its weird i have small legs but a fat butt and belly lol
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

I have exactly the same problem! i have a really small waist but my legs are HUGE! they always have been, i think its because i was a kickboxer for 8 years when i was younger, so my leg muscles are large and currently wrapped in loads of fat lol!
mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Yeap! Same here! I've got Bridget Jones legs.
But when I look back at photos when I was younger I see that I do have my mums skinny legs genes! They're just hidden underneath this fat! Everyone has uneven fat distributions - hence why some people are apples, some pears, some hour glasses etc - so maybe your fat prefers to live on your legs. But the more you keep going, and the more fat you lose, you'll reach a point where your body will HAVE to take it off your beloved legs.
That's my theory anyway!
But as mkroyer said - don't exercise your legs. Well, try not to. If you love to jog and it's working for you then fine, jog. But you might have to look for alternatives once you get closer to your end goal weight...
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

If your legs are big because of the 10 years you did playing hockey then I don't think there's much you can do purely because they are muscley! You can burn through fat but you can't burn through muscle. You just have to "lose" the muscle essentially - but that means not doing work outs that involve your legs which is mostly everything o_O

Some girls are built with bigger legs than others, I know one of my best friends has a fantastic body but she doesn't think so because of her legs! I think there's just an element of embracing how you're built and trying to focus on the best parts of your body.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote