UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 07:58 AM   #106  

Am at home off sick going back tomorrow think I can cope with two days then off for 4
Old 03-26-2002, 08:01 AM   #107  

Delaney? Please post PLEASE?
Old 03-26-2002, 10:02 PM   #108  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Girls,
Not feeling 100% today. Woke up with no voice, had a bit of a sore throat last night and whoosh...this morning, no pain but no voice.
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Thunder and lightning here now, so have to turn the puter off.
Everyone have a great day tomorrow.
Chris.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:24 AM   #109  

Hi all

Sorry I've not been around much - just been really busy and now with the start of the Easter hols.....

I've been through a bad couple of weeks dietwise, MIL had 3 (yes thats 3!!) birthday parties for her 60th and I had to attend all of them Ate for the UK!!!! I think I got the gold medal!! Anyway I'd gone down to 17 stone on the dot and then back up to 17.2 and now back to 17 stone - phew!!

I've now started going to a new dance class on a Wed night - Jazz - last week we did a rock n roll number - absolutely whacked me out - you need to be very fit to do this dancing malarky you know!!

Veggie this plan your on sounds good - tell me more...

Jan I'm sorry to hear of your Mum's stroke - don't worry about dieting at a time like this, perhaps you should just try to "maintain" your current weight.

Better go, the Suburban Geurilla is running around naked - I think it's time to potty train.....
Old 03-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #110  

I am so knackered I spent the last two days sleeping or on the computer so walking to and fro today has resulted in bad knee and bad back and then two hours bowling I got two strikes Im determined to improve on bowling!

Delaney plan is balanced veggie diet put together by dietian 1700 cals especially for me (yeah right) emailed to me every week from real slimmers site just been to shops to stock up being forced to eat beans and soya and veg shock to system.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:57 AM   #111  

Is everyone that is counting calories aiming for about 1700 a day? That seems like a realistic figure to aim for.

Off to London on the train in an hour, I will have to forego my usual 3 glasses of wine!

Have a great Easter everybody
Old 03-28-2002, 06:35 AM   #112  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Phoebe, I found a calculator thingy which has helped me to work out how many calories a day I ought to be having

CLICK HERE

I have been getting a lot of conflicting advice about how many calories I should be having and at my weight/age/activity this calculator says 1600 which feels about right to me. Hope it helps.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:53 AM   #113  
Theres no stopping me now

Just popping in very quickly to say Hi – Hi . Am hoping to sneak away from work early – before 5 if possible I am supposed to be here until 6 tonight – but it is a holiday weekend so hopefully no one will notice. Need to get out before the traffic gets bad. Last night it took 30 minutes to go the first mile of my journey, there is only one way in & out of the Business Park – it was a nightmare. So tonight I am getting out before it all happens.

I’m going straight to pick up mum & dad and the boys and then we’re off to the caravan in a small village in Perthshire for the long weekend. It’s a lovely peaceful place called Kenmore, settled next to Loch Tay and in amongst some lovely hills. So here’s hoping for a restful weekend. I’ll be home on Monday night with the boys staying for the rest of the week, so I’ll be back to try and catch up with you all either Monday evening or Tuesday. Please don’t post too much over the holiday weekend, it’ll take me a life time to catch up – ha ha ha.

Have a great weekend and if you do indulge in a bit of chocolate please don’t panic too much. A small bit won’t blow your whole diet to pieces.

See you next week, hopefully a whole pound lighter.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:51 AM   #114  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Have a nice weekend, Carol. Mine's going to be very quiet - Kevin has got to work Friday and Saturday and perhaps either Sunday or Monday.

Is it my imagination or have things gotten a LOT quieter round here recently?? People seem to be not posting so much or even disappearing altogether.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:20 AM   #115  
Theres no stopping me now

It is quieter. I post in the 10 pounds at a time group too and we too have noticed a big drop in posts. I think a lot might be too do with Easter Holidays. I know that TQ and Phoebe are already away – lucky them. Delaney is busy with the school holidays, Veggie is here just being Veggie – not that we mind, we are very fond of you Veggie. Not sure when the English schools go back, but where I live they are just breaking up for the holidays today so my childcare problems and busy days start now.

Don’t worry Sarah we’ll keep the FCUK have I got that the right way round or should it be UKFC can’t remember. Anyway we’ll keep it going by ourselves.

Why do we have to work on nice days I want to be outside.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #116  

What the bleep does that mean???? Should I be mortally wounded???? "Just being veggie"...am gonna sulk now and not post
Old 03-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #117  

Apart from to start a new thread All aboard for number 14!

Last edited by veggie; 03-28-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:41 PM   #118  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

We want you to be just you Veggie!! You are not allowed to leave it is like the Hotel Caloifornia!!
Closed Thread