UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 AM   #1  

Smile newbie

Hello im Emma, im 26 and have a 7yr old son charlie. Im engaged to a lovely man, due to get married in 2009.

The only thing is i have LOADS of weight to loose. i would say roughly 8 stone

Im joining the local weight watchers tonight, so fingers crossed i can start on the long journey!! I think i have tried nearly every diet probably twice including weight watchers, but this is the one diet where i was actually doing well on.

Emma
emma237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome Emma. Good luck on your weight loss.

Small goals will get you there.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #3  

Welcome Emma Good luck.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Emma to 3fc's good luck on your weightloss programme hunni ... I know how you feel i have about 6 stone to lose and ive already lost 2 ... Were all here for you if you need us and i look forward to getting to know you better.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  

Hiya Emma!! I find that its best to take it 1/2 a stone at a time, rather than thinking about the whole lot!!
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi Emma and welcome - hope your visit to WW went well, keep us posted as to how you're getting on
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #7  

Well im still going to weight watchers, but the weight is coming off very slowly i have had 2 weigh ins and have only lost 3.5lbs so far. But i suppose its going in the right direction!!! Ihave got my next weigh in tomorrow night so hope i have lost a bit more.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #8  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

well done on the 3lb congratulations thats great. I have a friend who comes on here too sometimes her username is Homebloom She actully lives right near you maybe you could buddy up ... Just a thought no pressure but i know shes looking for a buddy who lives nearby even if you were just email support having someone near by to where you live is always usefull... i have lots of diet buds but they all live miles away haha.

Take care and good luck with WW

Teresa
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Congratulations on your loss of 3lbs - that's a great start

I'm also on WW and in my second week. Similar kind of history to you - tried them all, even the mad crazy diets lol

I have about 8.5 stones to lose so know exactly how you feel. Occasionally, I get doubts because it does feel daunting and seems to be going so slow, but I've been coming on here for the last few days and looking at the tickers and it is a great motivator.

Caroline
Cbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #10  

Thankyou both for your replies.

Teresa hi and how are you? What plan are you doing or is it just healthy eating? You are doing really well. i would love to get to know your friend and buddy up with her if she wants. Where abouts does she live? xx

Caroline how much have you lost so far? Which plan are you doing? Im on the points plan, which i am finding ok. My problems though are evenings when i want to snack for no other reason than being bored!!! lol!! Its always the crisps that i head for too! So have got to do something to keep me occupied! xx

emma
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Emma I'm on the points plan too - my portion sense or lack thereof means I am safer counting everything. My first weigh in was on Monday and I'd lost 6lbs. My pattern of loss tends to be good in the first two weeks if I stay to the diet, but then wham, same or even a gain in week 3 even if I'm good, and then it may not shift for ages.

Also struggle with evenings. I was recommended Skinny Cow to deal with the sweet urges and if you like ice cream, I'd highly recommend it. I struggle with binging though - last night I was really bad, stuffing my face, then having a Chinese. Today, I've been all veggies and fruit to make up for it, sigh!

Caroline
Cbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #12  

Lol caroline im the same with my portions!!! Therefor im much better off on the points!!
I have seen skinny cow icecream in the shops so may give it a go then! I had a chinese thurs night after my weighin and felt so ill after!!

Well done for losing 6lbs thats great!! I was dianosed with an under active thyroid last month and was told my weight loss will be slow! Im the sort of person who wants to see results NOW or i give up too easily, so im trying to get used to the idea that its going to be a very long journey!

Emma
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 AM   #13  

Hi Emma and welcome!

I'm new here too and have a lot to loose but I'm taking it baby steps at a time as this is the first time in my life I have ever dieted so I'm giving myself small goals which are achievable.

Congrats on your first weight loss! Keep it up, it does get easier!
Phudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 284/284/154

Height: 5.6

hiya emma
i hope ur doing well with w.w at the moment im trying to do rosemary conley . but i seam to be of the wagon more than im on it lol
its nice to see another local person on here.
so good luck and i hope to speak to u soon.
hb x
homebloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #15  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Emma

I am following rosemary conley ...and badly i might add , its took me 6 months to lose 2 stone but its stopped moving now but my diet has got bad in recent weeks but i hope once i get back in the saddle it will help aswell as going to the gym 3/4 times a week.Oh and i love ice cream too the skinny cow stuff is lovley i reccomend there cookies and cream lollys and i think they do fudge and honeycomb too if i remeber rightly there yummy. Good luck hunni

My friend Hoombloom (julie) has replied to you just up there and she lives in Arundel im sure if you PM her she will be happy to talk to you ..I told her about you too thats why she came on to say hello but you have proberly seen her post already anyways so this bit of info is useless haha.

Good luck

Teresa