Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #46  
Aleecia

Good Morning Ladies.

I would love to do the 7 day challenge. My goals are to eat on plan, meaning no unplanned snacking. Because I count calories I can pretty much eat whatever I want. Although sometimes I find myself eating things that I didn't originally bring for lunch or snack. So no more of that. Also I am really keeping track of my water intake. I bought a case of bottle water and started putting them in the fridge. I find that I drink more water that way. Must be becuase its so convienent. The last thing will be to workout 5x this week.

I am happy to say that so far so good.

Day 1- Challenge met
Day 2- Challenge met

Elizabeth-Good job at shunning the scale. I think this is something I need to try and do. Sometimes I think it only works against me sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Elycia-I thought I was busy everyday, but you truly make me tired hearing about everything you do in a day. I hate getting ready to move so I give you a lot of credit for packing, cleaning, taking care of the babies and still making the time to take care of YOU! Good Job. You really inspire me.

Trish-So sorry to hear about your loss.

bluesparkie-I agree about the water. It is the easiest part yet its the part I struggle with most.

sapphire35, gale, SAHMof1, Jennie- HI Ladies. Keep up the good work on the challenge. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Sounds like everyone is really geared up and ready to go. It is so great to see that everyone has such positive attitudes. It surely does make this process a whole lot easier. I know that we'll come across bumps in the road, but its nice to know that you have a group that will be there to pick you up when you fall.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Talk to you all later.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #47  
I want to be a Loser!!

S/C/G: 227/220/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies and Happy Wednesday... So its been a good week here so far.. I have walked everyday and am trying to eat on plan.. I did break down and cheat a little and have mexican food and chinese, but ol' well I will work it off. It sounds like you all are doing well and on track.

I have been engrossed in a book lately and not on line much, sorry for negelecting you all. I weigh in tomorrow and will post accordingly.
SAHMof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #48  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Ladies, I hate to post it, but it appears that I have to start over again in my 7 day challenge. Yeah, I know that I didn't get very far, but I guess I'm just not planning my day out right. I didn't get my apples in today and I don't want to eat them now, and I didn't do so hot on my water either, so here I am with egg on my face at DAY 1 again. Blech!

Hey there Elizabeth. Great that you are picking up healthy snacks. I really want to get in a habit of having healthy snacks around the house as the girls grow up. I am hoping for a happy, healthy future for my family. Rawk on with the challenge, you are doing great!

Angel, good to see ya. You are pretty much doing the same as I am. I am not really following a plan, just watching what I eat and so far that has been working out pretty good for me. It gives me variety and I like that. Thanx for the kind words. Gosh, sometimes I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off and it is terrible. One thing I really need to add to my life is more structure. Perhaps when I do that things will run more seamlessly and I can get more accomplished. Until then, I will just keep runnin like I'm crazy. Thanx again and great job on all of the weight you have lost.

SAHM, glad you dropped in. Ditchin' us for a book?! How about that! Just kidding withcha. Just check-in whenever you can. We're glad to see ya.

Hello, Hello, Hello to other fellow Shrinking Misfits Jennie, Bluesparkle,
Gale. I hope I got everyone. Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Well, I still have some work to do, but then I am going to bed. I am really tired, but I wanted to drop in real quick to say hello. Gosh, I feel bad about the challenge, but I guess it wouldn't really be a challenge if it wasn't challenging. Hey Elizabeth, I just thought of something, where's our quotes? I don't think I have seen one from you all week.

Ciao for now!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 275+/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, Sorry I've been a bit quiet. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my craziest days this semester and I'm pretty much straight out until Thursday. I'm also kind of a night owl and I'm usually online later at night. This week has been going pretty well for me, the challenge has really helped me to get my butt in gear and start getting some cardio in because I've been finding that no matter how well I eat, I still don't really lose unless I get some sort of exercise in.

Elizabeth, I hope that you're feeling better. I frikkin love Costco, probably because I don't really like grocery shopping so if I can do it less often, I'm all about it.

Aleecia, I'm glad that you had a nice weekend, I totally hear you about family outings quickly losing their charm. I'm glad that it didn't happen to you! Good for you getting rid of the unplanned snacking, I have a hard time with that myself.

Gale, I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck at work on Monday, too. It sounds like you might be onto something getting all that water in on a schedule, maybe I'll have to give it a try.

Trish, way to go hanging in there for the 21 day challenge!

Elycia, don't stress about having to start the challenge over, you're totally right that there wouldn't be much point unless you were truly challenging yourself. Have you tried maybe putting the apples into something to help you get them in? I cook a sliced apple and a little bit of cinnamon in with my oatmeal and I love it! Good luck getting back on track! I'm sure that you'll get those apples in.

SAHM, way to keep up on the walking. I myself cheated a bit last weekend and had some chinese but I was sensible and it was delicious. We'll see how well I do this Friday when we go out for Italian for my friend's birthday... I'm actually a little nervous.

That's it for me. It's hard to be a night owl that has to be up with the sun, too so I've got to go and get me some sleep. I'll check in again tomorrow (today?) I hope that you all have a great Thursday!!
bluesparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:42 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Hmmm.... a quote for Elycia: "There's small choice in rotten apples"

Hey, how about aiming at eating high-fiber foods and keeping your fiber intake above 21 grams per day? Of course, if you prefer the 3-apple tactic that's cool, too. On a good day, I'll make a cup of oatmeal, stir in some splenda & 2 tbps of ground flaxseed, and top it all with berries; this has more fiber than all three apples combined. On a bad day... well, no need to share, just yet. Anyway, please don't feel badly about the challenge, the apples, the water, etc-- this is not a contest, it's an ongoing effort that we're all putting forth, all the while keeping our own personal goals and limitations in mind. And for the record, one of my goals for this week was/is to eat a meal or snack every 3-4 hrs, and thus far, it has not been met. In other words, I haven't been perfect either, and to make matters worse, today I nearly choked on piece of sugar-free candy. (That last part was somewhat irrelevant, but I just wanted you to know. ) Cheer up!

Bluesparkie, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. If nothing else, exercising is a good way of staying energized... I know it definitely keeps me sane when I've more than I can handle on my mind. I must add that I don't miss the long, sleepless nights I spent while studying (i.e. cramming) for exams, but I do look forward to doing it all over again, regardless.

Sahm, what's the title of the book you're reading? Share, Sahm, share!!

Aleecia, the scale is not my friend-- or yours for that matter. I'll just leave it at that, as I'm getting sleepy right now...

Day 1: 60 minutes of cardio, shunned the scale
Day 2: 1hr Body Pump, 30 min cardio, 4 nutritious meals (ca. 1500 calories...)
Day 3: 45 minutes of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 calories... I think I'm on diet, or am I?)
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

Take care,

elizabeth
elizabeth28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #51  
Aleecia

Morning Misfits,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still doing really well this week. Day 3 Challenge was met. Yipee I'll tell you this challenge has really helped to jump start things again. I feel fantastic today. I dropped my calories down so I'm hoping that will help as well.
Hopefully I can stay on plan tonight, my dad is taking my daughter and I out to dinner. I just need to remember to make smart choices.

Elycia-Don't worry about having to start over again. It happens to the best of us and just know that we're all here for you. That's the nice thing about 3FC. You can always come here to report the good with the bad. We all know its not easy. If it were we'd all be skinny. Keep your chin up.

Elizabeth- Had to laugh about the quote. That was perfect for Elycia.

bluesparkie- I'm with you on the exercise. I haven't lost anything since the end of July, but I haven't really gained anything either, I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't continue to exercise. I like you know that I can't lose weight without the exercise part.

SAHMof1-Good job on the walking this week. Keep up the good work.

Well girls I gotta run for now. I am working on a huge presentation and I only have 2 more days to get it done.

Talk to you later
Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #52  
Proud Twinmom

Hey ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. Just had to jump in real quick to celebrate. I got on the scale this morning and I am finally under the 230 mark. Geez, I didn't know if I ever would. I am finally 228.0. Yay! I'm definitely doing the happy dance.

I'm feelin pretty good because I was wondering if it would ever happen. I will take a minute to do personals later on. I need to get upstairs and pack the babies room.

See you guys later!

Elycia
Old 10-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #53  
Aleecia

Here's a happy dance for you Elycia. Great job at making it into the 220's
Keep up the good work!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #54  
I want to be a Loser!!

Way to go Elycia.. Congrats!!!!

Elizabeth props on the exercise and calorie counts. I just finished reading Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.. I loved her books when I was younger (fudge and superfudge) and just as I suspected I loved this book. So now I am starting a Patricia Cornwell novel.. Post-Mortem. I have read alot of her books too and this is one of her earlier ones (I missed it somehow) So I will let you know how it goes.. Do you have any good reading suggestions?

Angel: How did dinner go with your dad? Make good choices?

Bluesparkie, Gail How's it going?

I went for weigh in today and I dropped a couple of ounces.. I went from 220.6 to 220.4.. So I go back on Monday and hopefully by then I will be into the two-teens. Everything here is going good. I am having to re-learn how to cook, and make better dinner/lunch choices.. Its hard after all this time of eating processed foods and making something quick and simple.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #55  

Congrats Elycia!!!

Quick post:

Day 3: 45 min of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 cal)
Day 4: 1hr Body Pump, 5 nutritious meals (ca.1600 cal) shunned the scale
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:

I'm starting to think that shunning the scale isn't really much of an accomplishment. Anyway, I'm going back to day #1 tomorrow because I'm consuming far more calories than I should be in order to lose weight, AND (more importantly) I am constantly grazing as opposed to eating often but at fixed intervals. Don't hate me.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:08 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 275+/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey all, just checking in to see how everybody is doing. Today was pretty good for me, nothing terribly exciting but pretty busy all the same. Nothing too much going on tomorrow. I'm going out for a friend's birthday but other than that, I'll be spending a nice long relaxing weekend with my thesis proposal. Pretty sad that there's my plan for the whole weekend, huh? Oh well, someday I'll be wicked smaht (Boston girl at heart) and all of the effort will be well worth it. I figure if I say that enough that eventually I'll begin to believe it.

Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend that I can live vicariously through?

Elizabeth, if shunning the scale keeps you from stressing about the number and helps you to focus on eating well and exercising then maybe it is a good accomplishment for you. No worries about restarting the challenge, good luck sticking to set meals instead of grazing. I tend to have that problem when I'm at home. Luckily I'm not usually at home so I can bypass it.

SAHM, I loved Summer Sisters when I read it, and was also a huge Judy Blume fan as a kid. What's Patricia Cornwell like? Is she any good? (I would assume so if you continue to read her books ) I'm a fan of Marian Keys, all of her books are fantastic but I really liked Watermelons and Sushi for Beginners.

Elycia, congrats on making it to the 220s I can't wait to be there myself, in an ideal world it would happen by new years but honestly it probably won't happen by then. You are a packing superstar, I hate packing so I put it off until the last possible second so I'm totally impressed that you're so on top of it.

Aleecia, good luck getting your presentation finished! I totally hear you about the challenge kicking your butt in gear, it certainly has for me. How did dinner go? Eating out is so hard for me that I tend to avoid it.

Challenge check in:
day 1: 45 Minutes of cardio, 2 liters of water
day 2: 30 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of weights 1.5 liters of water
day 3: 45 minutes of cardio, 30 minute walk, 2 liters of water
day 4: 45 minutes of cardio, 1.5 liters of water
day 5:
day 6:
day 7:

So far so good on the challenge, although I've still gotta get some more weights in to meet all of my goals for this week. Have a great weekend ladies, I'll probably be checking in to procrastinate on my thesis proposal.
bluesparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM   #57  
Aleecia

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!!!!

Well I'm happy to say dinner went very well last night. I ordered a chicken salad and probally only ate about half. I was actually right on target with my calories for the day so that made me happy.
I was so excited last night, first of all my dad is kinda hard to impress. Meaning that he has high expectations so sometimes I feel the little things don't matter. But last night was great. He went on and on about how incredible I looked and what a good mom I was. Felt really good coming from him. It those little comments that keep me going.

Not too much going on for me this weekend. Still trying to get everything in order for the Toga party. I also have to do my cousins hair for her homecoming dance.

bluesparkie-Good luck on you thesis. And your right you are really smart!! That's awesome.

SAHMof1-A loss is a loss. Be happy that the scale is going in the right direction. Good Job.
I totally know what you mean about learning how to cook again. It's amazing how much different my calories add up to be if I take a little extra time and make a nice meal instead of something quick like hot dogs or pizza. It's taken some adjustment but well worth it.

elizabeth28-We definitly don't hate you. Hang in there! It's okay that you need to start over at day one. You'll get there.

Well I gotta run. My presentation is still not done, plus I have a training from 11-5 today. So busy day for me.
If I don't get back later then everyone have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #58  
I want to be a Loser!!

Time to do the Friday Dance!!

Bluesparkie: P Cornwell is good. I really do love her books. She is a former crime reporter who went on to be a computer analyst in the medical examiners office. Her books are about different crimes. They are fictional but she does draw off real life too. I am just happy that I picked up a book again. I use to be able to spend hours reading.

Elizabeth: Good luck with starting over. I agree with Bluesparkie if shunning the scale keeps you from stressing out then it may be a good thing. Stress is what is suspose to cause the body fat around our middle.

Aleecia: Way to go with dinner!! Along with having to re-learn how to plan and cook, my tastes buds are changing too. I can't say that I have ever actually craved "good for you food" until recently.

So ladies I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #59  
Proud Twinmom

Hi ladies:

Just popping in to say hello. Thanx so much for celebrating with me. I really appreciate that. You guys have no idea how great it felt to see the 220's. I am also part of a challenge to reach 220 by Thanksgiving. I was starting to think that there was no way I was going to make it, but now that I have finally gotten over that hump, I am starting to have some hope again.

Well, it's good to see everyone. SAHM, congrats on the loss. You are going in the right direction on the scale and that is what is most important. Keep up the good work! I hear ya on re-learning to cook nutritiously. I am always trying to find lower fat and more nutritious ways to prepare favorite meals. It's been challenging, but I know we will be a healthier family for making the changes.

Elizabeth, you and me both. Let's just say tomorrow is Day 1 again. I tell ya, the days are going by so fast it is almost as if they are melding together. I hope to be on track tomorrow. We don't hate you. You are the quote lady afterall. Thanx for the quote by the way. There are so many neat ones out there, but I must say, I've never heard that one before.

Bluesparkle, you are rawkin! You are doing so good on the challenge. The sources say that if you can do something everyday for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit, so keep working at it and it will all become second nature. You are doing fabulous. Thanx for the compliment on the packing. This certainly is an arduous task, but I am going to see it through. I went window shopping today. I decided, at least at the moment, that I want the decorating theme of my house to be asian. I went to a few shops trying to see what they offered and the prices. It's not going to be cheap, but I think I will be happy in the end.

Angel, good job on such a great dinner. You are so focused and that is wonderful. It looks like vacation is truly over for you. That's so good. With your determination and focus, you are definitely going to reach your goals. I know that since I have started eating less, I find my cravings to eat alot of food have decreased. I am very happy about that. Anyways, keep up the good work. You are doing awesome.

Well, I better scoot. Gale, Gale, where are ya? Hope that all is well. Jennie on the block, hope to see you soon. Everyone take care and I will see you later. Gotta eat and get to work.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 10-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #60  

Quick post (no time!!! ):

Day 3: 45 min of cardio, shunned the scale, 5 nutritious meals (1700 cal)
Day 4: 1hr Body Pump, 5 nutritious meals (ca.1600 cal) shunned the scale
Day 5: 60 min cardio, shunned the scale, and grazed...again (1500 cal)
Day 6:
Day 7:

Elycia, there are only two days left for this week's challenge. Shall we make the best of them & start anew on Monday? Your call...

Bluesparkie, Aleecia, & Sahm: I'll post again this Sunday-- take care & stay strong!!!

cheers,

elizabeth