Old 10-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #61  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello Ladies:

Just got finished with Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2. That was pretty fun. I was thinking that I was going to have a much harder time with it because they said her moves can be kind of confusing, but I didn't have much of a problem. Maybe this was one of her easier ones. I dunno. It wasn't too bad, but I can tell, I am going to be feeling some burn in my abs tomorrow. She did alot of ribcage work. It was nice to throw a bit of variety in there though. I have been doing FIRMS for quite some time and it was great to have some change.

My favorite instructor is Cathe Friedrich, however, she is a good bit more advanced and I don't know if I am quite ready for her yet. She has a bunch of new workouts coming out soon and I can't wait to try them. My fitness level is improving, but I don't think that I am quite ready for the tough cathe's yet.

I am with ya Elizabeth. Monday is a new week and a new effort for me. I hope to be more successful and make it through the week.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add. Can you guys believe that it has been 2 months as of today that I haven't drank any pop??!! I really can't believe it. I use to drink so much pop. Like 3 liters in a few days. I have dropped it and really only drink water and I think that has really helped my weight loss as well. Oh well, just wanted to add.

Hope all of you lovely ladies had a great day. I will check in tomorrow.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 275+/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, it looks like I'll be joining you starting up on the challenge again tomorrow. I did really well all the way up until Friday. I only got like 15 minutes of cardio in before a friend of mine that I haven't talked to in FOREVER called me. After that, the rest of my day was completely booked and I didn't fit anything else in. Oh well. I did pretty well Friday night for going out with a bunch of friends, it was my one splurge meal so I feel ok about going a little over my calories for the day, especially since I only had one glass of wine with dinner. Alcohol is what usually kills my calories for a weekend and at least I did well on that. I'm also thinking that I'm going to build in a rest day for myself so that even if I miss a day, I won't use that as an excuse to throw in the towel (much like I did this weekend )

Aleecia, I'm glad that dinner with your dad went so well, it sounds like you made healthy decisions but even better than that was that your dad was so supportive. I can only imagine that if he is offering such high praise that you must be doing a really fantastic job as a mom and also with your new healthy lifestyle. Congrats!

SAHM, I hope that you had a good weekend. I hear you about being able to pick up a book. I spend so much time reading for school that I can scarcely remember what it was like to read for fun.

Elycia, good luck getting to 220 by thanksgiving, at the rate that you're going I think it's totally gonna happen! I'm really impressed that you've been able to give up soda. I've found myself cutting down considerably since I started to drink more water but Diet Coke is totally my comfort food, more so than anything greasy or fattening, Diet Coke is what I totally turn to if I'm having a crappy day. I've pretty much cut down to one can a day or every other day and I'm ok with that, although I'm a little bit worse on the weekends.

And in exciting news from my scale, as of this morning I'm at 259.5, officially more than ten pounds lost and in the 250s which is quite exciting. I can't wait to be below 250 because the weight chart on fit day lists me as "off the chart" until then, which is never really a good feeling. Also, that's closer to 200 than 300 which I certainly wasn't when I started this journey. OK, enough blabbering, I'm off to finish the homework that I put off all weekend.
bluesparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

So.........it appears I have an eating disorder.

I spent the latter half of the day binging yesterday. I won't elaborate as to how, why, when where & it occurred, but I will say that I felt somewhat powerless throughout the process and for that I'm truly sorry.

In retrospect, this past week was for the most part a step forward, as I did well in terms of exercise, water consumption and healthful eating. I just wish I could let myself cope with stress without resorting to huge amounts of food. This is killing me. (Blah... blah... sorry I'm whining- again.)

Bluesparkie, (yay, more than 10lbs lost!!! ) I hope things are going well with your thesis (hmmm... I wonder if you dread citations as much as I do). Dear Sahm, no I don't have any reading suggestions-- unfortunately, I stopped reading fiction a long time ago, though I can't wait to get back into it. (For what it's worth, I was/ am a Franz Kafka fan... so I guess I do have a reading suggestion.) Aleecia, kudos to you for staying cool during dinner on your night out-- I almost always fail to eat on plan when dining out. Yay, Elycia, you've been pop-free for two whole months!!! (Ok, so there's NO going back to day #1 after tomorrow... capite? )

Eleven weeks left until the end of this year and the start of a new one, ladies.
I must warn you that life is about to get very hectic for me in the coming days, and I'll be forced to keep my posts short & to the point. (I suppose that's good news...)

Gale & Trish, I hope all is well.

cheers,
elizabeth
elizabeth28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #64  
Aleecia

It's Monday Again! Blah!

Working on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, so I'm kinda out of it this morning.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was good, just not long enough. Never is.

Elizabeth-Don't be too hard on yourself about the bingeing yesterday. Like you said for the most part last week you did well. It's done and over with so you can start fresh today. Stress eating is sometimes very hard to deal with. I know! Keep your chin up.

Elycia-Yeah good for you on the pop. That is the first thing I cut out when I started back in February. I was a Diet-Cokeaholic forsure. To tell you the truth I don't even miss it anymore.
Sounds like you're well on you way to meeting your Thanksgiving goal. That's awesome.

bluesparkie-Good for you for not throwing in the towel. Sounds like you still did pretty well. I know what you mean about the alcohol using up a lot of calories. Sometimes the weekends are a killer.

SAHMof1- Hi, so how did the weigh in go?

Have a great day ladies!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #65  
Proud Twinmom

Well ladies, I am down 2 more lbs. Yay! I got on the scale this morning and I was like no way! So, I got on there 2 more times to make sure and sure enough, I am down to 226. Only .5 away from my 10% goal. The funny thing about it is that I have been taking it easy lately. I haven't worked out as consistently as I had been and eating has been a little more lax. Oh well, I am not going to use that as an excuse to be lax. I plan to get back on with things seriously so that I can continue to lose. Wow, I just can't believe it. I am going to change my ticker.

Angel, 3 1/2 hours. Yikes! For some reason for me though, when I go on a little sleep, I really can't tell until later on in the evening and then I really feel it. Hopefully, today won't be too tough on ya and you can get some rest later. I hear ya on the weekends. They never are long enough, but the work week sure is. How are your workouts going? Good to see ya.

Elizabeth, changing your eating habits is a challenge. I am living that reality so I know. Give yourself some time. Try to make small changes over a period of time. That is why I think the 7 day challenge, if I can stick with it, is such a good idea because I am trying to make smaller changes stick over a period of time. Let's try this challenge again and work really hard to make it through the 7 days. I am going to try to stick with my original 3, although, I am changing the workouts that I planned. We can do this.

Bluesparkle!!!!! Awesome! That is so kewl! Isn't it a great feeling to get out of a range? I was so happy to get out of the 240's, now the 230's. Leavin it behind, sayin "Bye-Bye". That is just wonderful. You should be very proud of yourself. 10 lbs is great! Keep up the great work. Oh and I know about being off of the chart. Do you know about that virtual model that you can make. It is really kewl. Let me see if I can find the link... okay, itis mvm.com. Anyways, when I first got started, I was around 250 and I wanted to make one. Do you know that I couldn't make one because it didn't go up to 250??? Man, that was upsetting to me because I was like, they don't even have one in my size. One didn't work until I got to like 235 or something. So now, I am happy to say that I can make a model in my size. Unfortunately, I still don't like the way it looks, but I can make one nonetheless. I really like these because I can see how I will look as I lose my weight and I find it to be pretty darn accurate. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I understand when charts and things really don't apply when you are a certain weight. Hang in there, you are on your way and you will be at 250 real soon. Just try your very best to stay focused. We are right here with you.

Well, I guess I better get going. I hope that everyone has a great day. I have to go to work this evening and so I thought I would pop in earlier. I hope that Gale and Jennie are doing okay. Haven't seen them for a few days.
Hello SAHM. Hope to see ya soon.

Gotta run.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 10-17-2006, 01:31 AM   #66  

Thank you, Aleecia-- I did start fresh today. I hope you had a good day, too, despite the fact that you barely got any sleep...

Elycia-- 2 more lbs GONE!! You must be ecstatic! I've scheduled my next weigh-in day for November 7, which also happens to be election day. No coincidences here; if the scale has nothing good to 'say', I can always distract myself with some political turmoil.

Also: the mvm.com site is SO cool! Thanks for sharing.

Today's stats:

Day #1: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H2O, 1100 calories, no binging

Take care,

elizabeth
Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still here! Sorry I haven't posted in about a week. I'm going to have to make an effort to drop by more often. My "diet" is going quite well. I'm down 2.5 from last week, and I'm halfway finished with my New Years Goal. It took me 7 weeks, so I'm hoping that I can lose the other half in the next 11 weeks. I'm going home to visit my family around Thanksgiving, so I just hope that I don't pig out or get too far off my path. I won't be able to do my normal exercise routine then; I just hope that doesn't cause too much damage.

SAHM - I hear you about being engrossed in a book lately. I've been turning to books instead of the internet lately. It seems healthier than sitting in front of the computer all day. Have you read any of Janet Evanovich's books? They're hilarious and very fun. I love all of the characters in them, especially the heroine, Stephanie. She's just a regular gal that ended up getting a job as a bounty hunter. I'm definitely able to relate to her and her issues. Anyway, congrats on keeping up a walking schedule, though! That's great. I missed a day of walking last week because of some rainy weather.

Elizabeth - I really like that high-fiber breakfast idea! It sounds yummy and healthy. I'll have to try it. I've been trying to keep track of my fiber intake along with my protein intake. I don't eat meat of any kind, so I definitely have to make a conscious effort to eat foods that will give me protein. As for the fiber, I got a recipe off a box of Fiber One cereal for muffins. You make them using the cereal and some low-fat yogurt with fresh fruit. They taste so great. If anyone is interested in the recipe, I'll be happy to post it. As for binging, I'm sorry you were having such a crappy day. I hope you're feeling better and more motivated now. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll get to your goal eventually. There's no need to repress your craving so much that you go crazy on one day.

Aleecia - That's so wonderful that your dad was being so supportive! And coming from him, I'm sure it's true that you do look fantastic and you are an amazing mother.

Elycia - Yay! Getting down into the 220's is quite an accomplishment! I can't wait to finally see 220-something on my scale one morning. It's only a matter of time before you drop that first 2 down to a 1. As for the pop, isn't it amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it? I haven't had any pop for about 3 months with the exception of one time. I started feeling better after I quit drinking it for a week, so I just continued with not drinking it. The exception was one night when we went to a Mexican restaurant. I was in the mood for something carbonated, so I drank half a glass of Dr. Pepper.

bluesparkie - Congrats on getting into the 250's! Losing that first ten pounds feels great, doesn't it. I pulled out my boyfriend's free weights and picked up ten pounds. It's heavy! He uses a set of 20 pound weights to work out everyday. When I finally shed 20 pounds, I'm going to go pick one of them up just to feel how much less my body weights. It's a great motivator when numbers just aren't enough.
galengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #68  
Aleecia

Hi girls,
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Its been a crazy day here at work. I had to present the presentation I have been working on today. It went pretty good, but I have another one tomorrow. So I am trying to get a few more things done.

Elycia and Gale-Way to go on the weight loss. Keep up the good work ladies.

Elizabeth, bluesparkie, SAHMof1- Hope everyone is having a great day.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 275+/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,
I hope that everyone's week is going well. I've been rocking the seven day challenge again and doing a pretty good job sticking to it so far. Nothing too exciting going on for me. The life of a grad student is so mundane sometimes... classes, work, homework, teaching, and then it all starts again, much less fun than college was.

Elizabeth, sorry you've been having a rough time but it does sound like for the most part you've been making really good decisions for yourself so don't get too caught up in the guilt and focus instead on staying healthy and making good decisions. I think distracting yourself with politics is an excellent plan to keep from stressing about the scale!

Aleecia, I hope you get some rest as busy as you are! Good luck with your presentations, I bet they'll go fantastically (is that a word?? hmm...)

Elycia, you are a losing superstar!! Congrats on the second exciting loss, you'll be out of the 220s before you know it. Good for you for not making excuses to be more lax with the eating and the exercise... all your good choices will add up to make you healthier in the long run.

Gale, glad to hear from you and that you've been doing more productive things with your time than being online. I only wish that I could say the same. Way to go with your progress towards your new year's goal. That's fantastic! It sounds like you're recognizing Thanksgiving as a potential pitfall so I think that as long as you stay aware while you're with your family that you will do a great job.

my stats for this week so far:
Monday: 45 minutes cardio, 2L water
Tuesday: 45 minutes cardio, 2L water

Have a great night, ladies!
bluesparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #70  

Day #2: 1hr Body Pump, 93oz H2O, 1200 calories, no binging

Gale, your "diet" IS working!! I'm glad you're back. The thought of Thanksgiving sort of makes me nervous, too.....aaarggh.

Aleecia, best of luck with your projects.

Edited to add: HI Bluesparkie!!!....

cheers
Old 10-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #71  
Proud Twinmom

Hello Ladies:

Dropping in real quick. Oh, what a busy day. I was pretty much running all day. No workout for me today. I didn't get it in earlier and I just don't feel like it right now. I guess all of the running and shifting and moving should count for something though, right?

Looks like you ladies are doing awesome! Good job on the challenge. I know all about being busy. Glad to see you checking in and doing good in spite of the hectic schedule.

Bluesparkle. Thanx so much for the encouraging and kind words. I just want this weight off so bad. I want it off yesterday but since that isn't possible, I just have to keep doing what I know I should be doing. You ever envision yourself slim? I do it all the time and it makes me so happy. I can't wait to look in the mirror and like what I see. Right now, I avoid them at all costs. Great job on the challenge. You are doing so good. Like I was saying with Elizabeth, life is just soooo busy, it can be tough. Great that you are making the investment in yourself to work out and drink water. That is so good. Keep up the great job!

Hi there Angel! You mean you've got to put together the presentation and present it too? Wow, can you say wonderwoman?! Isn't it amazing all of the things we can do? That's why I know you will continue to succeed in your weight loss efforts. Your weight loss can be another project for you, may be long term, but a project nonetheless. Persevere and you'll be there soon, I just know it!!! Thanx for the congrats on the weight loss. 1 lb here, 2 lbs there, I will keep chipping away until I am the image that I envision.

Gale, congrats on the weight loss. 2.5 lbs. Woo! Hoo!! Great job! You must be so excited. Man, I tell ya, there is not too many better feelings than getting on the scale and see it moving in the right direction. I just love it. The other great feeling though is being able to buy a smaller size in clothes. I can't wait to be able to drop these darn rubber waisted pants. I want to zip up a pair of jeans so bad. I am just not brave enough to try on a pair. You know what, I have a New Year's Goal too. My goal is to reach 199!!! Yeah, I know, but I want to be under 200 so bad by the new year, that I have to try. If I don't make it, I plan to be darn close. So you say you are 1/2 way there, how much were you planned on losing by then? If I reach goal, I will have lost 42 lbs since starting on August 15th. We will see, I will keep working at it.

Well, ladies, it is great to talk with ya, but I really better get back to packing and cleaning. Gosh, I can't believe that next week is the move and still there is much to do. You guys take care and I will see you tomorrow. I hope to get my workout in.

SAHM and Jennie, hope to see ya soon.

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 10-19-2006, 12:53 AM   #72  
I want to be a Loser!!

S/C/G: 227/220/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies.. Just a quick Hello.. Sorry its been a bad week here. We have all been sick and I haven't felt much like getting on line. SO I hope to be back in action tomorrow and will get to personals.. Talk to you gals soon
SAHMof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 AM   #73  
Aleecia

Good Morning Ladies.
Whew, I'm done presented for this week and I'm glad to say it went very well. Now I just have to work on a summary.
Great point Elycia. I never thought of this whole weight loss as a project. I think thats what I will call it from now.
The new me, an ongoing project.
I just love to be challenge at work, why not be when it comes to this. Great perspective, thanks!

SAHMof1-Feel better soon! Take care of yourself!

elizabeth28-Looks like you're right on track this week. Keep up the good work.

bluesparkie-I love that you're rockin this challenge. Good Job. I am totally amazed that all of us here are so busy with either work, school, home, kids, etc. yet we still are managing to do whats good in order to take care of ourselves.
By all means it isn't easy but it motivates me to know if you guys are as busy as me and still make time, then so can I.

Yeah us!

Gail-Hi

Jennie-Did we lose you? Hope everything is okay. Let us know how you're doing.

I will talk to you all later.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

Yay! My boss is a wonderful woman. She knows what it is like to struggle with weight loss. She's lost, gained, and lost again weight for many years. Right now she looks fantastic. Anyway, this afternoon I was talking to her and she asked me if I've lost weight. I played it off like I didn't know because I haven't told anyone that I'm trying to lose weight. She said that it definitly looks like I've lost weight. Yay! :-)

Elycia - I'm sure that the work you did do make up for your missed exercise. Sometimes running back and forth doing chores or packing is just as much of a workout as an actual workout. Good luck with your New Years goal! Even if you don't make it to under 200, you'll be close. Setting yourself a goal like that just makes you work harder, and that is always a good thing. You'll be less likely to slip up. I started working toward my New Years goal during the last week of August. I want to lose 34 pounds by New Years, which will bring me down to 220. I'm halfway there, so I think that 34 is do-able by then.

Aleecia - I love that new attitude. I thought of this as a project from the beginning. Everyone always says that they *can't* lose weight, so I've never tried because everyone else was always so discouraging about it. Then, I started researching weight loss, and happened upon this message board. All these people were losing weight so easily, I thought I could surely do it too if I just tried for once. So, this is like my little experiment. Can I prove everyone around me wrong and actually change myself for the better.
galengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:01 AM   #75  

Day #2: 1hr Body Pump, 93oz H2O, 1200 calories, no binging
Day #3: 60 minutes of cardio, 64oz H2O, no binging & ate at fixed intervals!!
Day #4: 45 minutes of cardio, 93oz H2O, 1,700 calories, no binging

cheers