Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #136  

OHMYGOSH!!! After how many months of not being able to access this site from home, I try it on a whim, and here I am. Wow. Boy, do I need you guys.

So, I will check back in tomorrow, and come up with some challenges. But, just a quick update. I am still stress eating like a crazy woman. Way bad. Work is still insane crazy. I feel like it is sucking the life from me. I am supposed to be on vacation this week. Anyone want to guess how many work calls and hours of coverage I did on my "vacation?" On a positive note, though, last Friday I brought home a new family member. It is the great granddaughter of the dog I lost a few months ago. Her name is Belle. Hopefully, I can figure out how to share some pictures soon.

So, I will try to read and catch up with how all of you are doing soon. I will find some challenges that will get me back on the right path. But, overall, I am so glad to be able to find you all again.

Speaking of finding. . . where did that darn puppy go
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #137  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 for everything:
Calories <1500
Candy <100 calories
Walking - 8,000 steps
Logged food

Sweet pea – How did the dancing go?

DJ – I know what you mean about getting tired of counting calories. Maybe you could do something else for the next 21 days and then start up again?

Jolly – Congratulations on your new pup. I really like the name Belle. Now quit working and go spoil your new baby!

Red - I hope things slow down for you one of these days.

Last edited by Ashley103; 11-02-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #138  

Hey all. just wanted to check back in, and make sure it wasn't a dream

For some reason, I just have to hit "refresh" every time I try to change screens or get to this website. Don't know why, but at least I know how to get here.

So, my two challenges that I will start tomorrow (and yes, I know for those who remember me, these will seem REAL familiar):

1) Follow my menu, and avoid any unauthorized

2) Daily exercise, including abs/core.

Just a note (for Red, if you are lurking) - I have even started weight training again

Thanks, Ashley. Belle's registered name is Barlee's Bella Donna. Her momma's name was "Make a Scene" and her daddy's name was "Canvas" so we wanted something artsy. Thank you, Georgia O'Keefe, for a flower print that fit I was hoping to get the male in the litter, and would have named him "Boy Scout" in honor of his great grandpappy, but it was not meant to be.

Anyhow, off to bed. Have a great one all
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #139  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, here goes some new challenges.

Exercise 30 minutes a day - level 3
No food within 2 hours of bedtime - level 3
At least 4 servings of fruit/vegetable per day - level 1

I know you are supposed to have at least 5 servings a day from fruits and vegies, but for now this will do. I'm usually good about eating both most days, but I'm not so good at the 7 days a week thing.

The no food 2 hours before bedtime is something I really need to work on. I get up so early during the week, which means my bedtime is 7pm which means I need to eat before 5pm. It's hard to make everyone else eat early, but I need to make it happen.

Jolly - glad to see you back! Good luck with your challenges and enjoy your new family member.

Ashley - As you can see, I am giving up on the calorie counting thing for now. Since I've been doing it for so long now, I pretty much know what and how much I can eat. I'm going to give it a break and see how I feel and how I'm doing after a while.
Good job on your challenges!

Sweet Pea - Hope your ankle is doing better! I hate it when I get injured and can't work out.

Red - If you're out there.... Hello! Hope all is going as well as possible for you.

Have a good day all!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #140  

Hi!

I went to dancing yday and my ankle is still bothering me. It wasn't too bad during the dancing but later I had to ice it. I will just have to keep going as I need exercise LOL

Despite being slack on the exercise I am still losing weight - amazing isn't it? I really have no idea how or why as I overate yday. > 1000 calories in sweets plus my meals. Doesn't make any sense at all to lose 900gm (about 2lb) in a week where I have exercised every second day and my eating hasn't been restrained. Oh well I'm not going to complain wahoo

djs - those are great goals. I might borrow them LOL. I eat late at night altho my solution of course would be to go to bed later and I could do with more veges. Fruit is easy to eat, it's sweet and you can carry it with you. I guess I could carry celery sticks too but they are not as appealing

hi red, jolly, ashley and anyone else
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #141  

Day 17 no beer!!!!!
Finished the water challege. Wah hoo!
I have not been able to tackle the South Beach again. I know once I get started I can roll with it, it's just resisting temptation that first day....
Jolly! It's great to hear from you again! I can't wait to see pics of your puppy!
Good luck to you and DJ both on your new challenges.
Sweet pea, I am continuing to lose weight too, even though my diet is on hold. I'm beginning to doubt my scale......
Hey Red! We're ready for you!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #142  

Hey all DJ, I hear you on the no eating 2 hours before bed. I have the same problem. I don't often get home with enough time to cook something, eat, and still have two hours before bed. I will have to rearrange some things now with the puppy, so that may change.

Day 1 challenges all met. Hurray. I really need to get my rear back in gear, as I can't afford to gain back any more. I won't do it.

Thanks all for the welcome back, and good luck with challenges, repairing ankles, etc
Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #143  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation Do NOT post here! New thread is up!!

Do NOT post here! The new thread is up!! Please click the link below and we'll see you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...68#post1460368

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote