Old 10-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #61  

Hello. Things are kind of slow around here, eh? I am still not on a challenge. I guess I'll try that Monday thing again, "diet starts Monday".
There are so many challenges I could do I really need to put a whole bunch of parts together at once to succeed. But I should do something simple. I'm thinking out loud here.....
Probably: 1. 1/2 hour of exercise per day
2. 32 oz water (doesn't seem like alot but I haven't been drinking much lately)
3. No beer
Ok, dont get too complicated. I requested a bunch of diet books from the library. I'm thinking I need a plan, rather than just calorie counting. Well, I have to do one or the other or both. But I'm not ready for a challenge in that department. Especially since I'll be dealing with PMS this week.

Red, don't worry about your gain back. Life happens and you are on the right track!
Trob, best of luck on your new challenges!
Hey sweet pea! I love your kitty!
DJ, I agree with you about calories on the road. It takes alot of self control. Just make sure there are healthy options like fruit! I'm sure you can get the exercise in. Walk around a neighborhood that interests you! Park a little farther away from places! Utilize gas stops! Have fun!
Have a nice Sunday everyone!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #62  

Hi again

Here are my challenges:
  • 30 minutes exercise daily - level 3
  • Binge Free - Level 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will report back when I've completed day 1
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #63  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up still at it...

Well, I felt a little better as the day went on, much better than yesterday, perhaps it was a bit of residual brew. Nah, also, I just had some time to myself and to think of the things I value and hold dear in my life. The promotion at work has made me the target of all, good with the bad, and even the good doesn't feel sincere most of the time. But today I met someone by accident on the train platform who wanted to write some good stories for us and she hadn't even known about my promotion, so that was nice, no one trying to kiss up or undermine you, which seems to be the current hit. Sigh....rode my horse and that was so nice as usual, then I went straight to the gym and did some weights, then walked the hour home. I am very much tempted to have a sweet and take my last pause but I think I will resist....crunches are done as well. Too bad about the exercise challenge having to restart but at least I'm right back on track....

Processed Foods -- Day 12 done/3 pauses taken
Alcohol -- Day 13 done/3 pauses taken
Fat challenge -- Day 1 done/no pauses taken
Sugar -- Day 13 done/2 pauses taken
Walking/Running/Riding Challenge -- Day 2 done/no pauses taken
Crunch Challenge -- Day 13 done/2 pauses taken

sweet pea -- Welcome back! Good luck with your challenges!

trob -- Good to see you up and ready for a challenge! Best of luck! Thanks for the words on the job. I really, really hear you on the kindergarten job you had, that would be awful for a sensitive person. I am very sensitive myself and this is one of the things that hurts being in a position where everyone feels like taking pot shots at it, or thinking they can ingratiate themselves to me. It's all new to me and I really like sincerity, have always despised the brown nosers. Now, I see people who I thought despised them too becoming first-class examples! I guess it's par for the course. Wish there was something humorous I could do to deal with this. I hear there's some movie out called "The Office." Anyone seen it? From some British comedy.

Apple -- Your challenges sound great. Wow, that no beer one is a toughie, isn't it? How are you going to plan to get through that one? I think it's the only way. Looking back on my own challenge now, the only reason I got this far is because I was too busy to go out. Still, I have 7 days left and I know people will be calling to go out...I wonder if I can think of ways to go out and NOT drink? I actually did it the other night but it was awful and I think I alienated the others....Still, I certainly can cut back, even if I do drink, so even if I restart it'll still mean I'll have had less alcohol than had I not done a challenge at all...hmmm. I understand about wanting a plan. Maybe you could just come up with something for yourself, tailor it to your tastes and weak points, allowing some more than plans from a book. In any case, best of luck. I do hope you're feeling better these days and will be able to ignore pms this week. Thanks for your words of encouragement to me too.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 AM   #64  

Hi

Day 1 - exercise completed no pauses
Day 1 - binge free completed no pauses

--------------------------------------------------
it was not easy!!! i kept wanting to pig out but i managed to eat in moderation (if not entirely healthily) and took the dogs for a walk. phew

red - congrats on the promotion and all that exercise. wow. are you still working at the same place?

i haven't seen the move the office but i've seen the tv show. it's an acquired taste. it's satire and you have to understand english culture to enjoy it.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I tried this challenge a while back, and I didn't post on these boards at all this summer. I just started coming back here, and was happy to see that this "21-day challenge" thread is still here! I'd like to join again! Here are my challenges:

1.) Activity - Level 3 (I have to do at least 30 minutes of some kind of exercise daily...and walking to and from classes does NOT count. LOL)
2.) No pop - Level 1 (No pop, but I am allowing myself diet pop in moderation)
3.) Crunches - Level 3 (Do my 10-minute daily routine of crunches EVERY day!)

Giving up pop is a hard one for me, but since I'm allowing diet, that's why it's only a level 1. And also because I really want to kick that habit! Hopefully my challenges aren't TOO hard, but hard enough. Looking forward to checking in every day!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #66  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Hi - I'm back. I thought I was ready to return to typing last week, but it was too early and was really making my shouder ache. So, I started over today with new challenges:
Day 1 - calories <1500
Day 1 - steps >5000
Day 1 - food diary

I've been surprised at how much I miss going to the gym and going for brisk walks. I hope to be released for some minimal exercise within the next couple of weeks!
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

just a quick post here.
crunches done yesterday, 20 days to go and 3 pauses left
water done yesterday, 20 days to go and 3 pauses left
food log not done yesterday so i am going to restart it tomorrow
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #68  

seems like lots of people are returning. welcome back ashley and heather

day 2 here so far so good. will post final results later today
Old 10-10-2006, 05:22 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

It's 2am AGAIN!!!
It was so nice to begin again.... but boy how quickly I slipped. Wednesday-Friday and Friday especially a swirl of things have happen...I signed the offer, but the negotiations were very bumpy, and very stressful.
I am very scared how it would all go. I worked for this company before, and was laid off back during 2000-01 downturn. Instead of being honest, my ex manager described me in the worst of terms. Except it did not help him, as everyone esle(every manager from all my jobs prior to and after that one) have given me great reviews! To date: my only two bad traits: I am overally talkitive and often called on my cell phone; I don't like morning, I prefer to come in at 10 but I stay till 9, or even later. Last one is stupid, because I do screw up my excercise patterns, which is bad. But many people at first don't like me comming in that late, and that's understandable. This is a super tough company, but if I make it there, my career is going to benefit big time! So I was so scared, I was crying entire time since Friday.
Now I am better. As a reward for finally getting a new job, a permanent job, instead of contract, I am getting NEW furniture, not hand-me-downs!
So after walking miles of furniture stores over the last 2 days, I am having a consultant visiting me in a few hours. I am scared and excited.
Saturday I am flying to see parents, and my sister in college. So I must return to my excercise.

Red, CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion. I just wanted to say, that those you are sensative, and might feel that someone is acting up because you are higher up. It might not be the only thing which drives them to act up, potentially some of them might not have known how good you are at what you do. Just like that girl on the train.

Fish, I hear you on the slow going. It was the full moon over the last few days, now as it is dying out, losing will be easier, but you must do something for it, it won't just fall off itself.

Apple, every time I see you putting a beer challenge, you have my respect. No, I dont' drink beer, but I never know what will happen in the 3 weeks of 21 day challenge. I might need a shot of vodka (for those who just met me - I am Russian ;-), or a glass of wine, to calm the nerves. Though I did not drink, I cried and cried, over those last few days... ALL day long! (oh and I did not eat anything, lost 4lb instantly, and 2lb are back on)

Everyone else: nice to meet you and good luck on all of you challenges!!!!
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

*Quick update. I've got lots of homework!

Activity: 2 days down, 19 to go, 3 pauses left
Pop: Eh, have to start over already (but at least I only had a few sips and threw the rest away!)
Crunches: 1 day down, 20 to go, 3 pauses left
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #71  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, back from our trip, but I'm exhausted! Did not get home till almost 10 last night and had to get up at 2:30 for work!

Anyways, I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow. I will be starting over of course. Couldn't find my pedometer before I left and had lots of sitting in the car of course so I don't think I hit 10,000 steps and as far as calories go, I did make mostly decent choices but I'm sure I went over anyways. I'm not going to try to recreate what I ate to check so I'll start new challenges tomorrow.

Hope all is going well for everyone.

djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #72  
Ashley

Day 1 - calories <1500, 1 pause
Day 2 - steps >5000
Day 2 - food diary

This is sad - I only made it one day before taking a pause on the calories. Wasn't paying attention at lunch and ate something with way more calories than I estimated.

Sounds like lots of new things in people's lives since I was here regularly. Congratulations on your new jobs/promotions to Red and CBETA - that is exciting news.

DJ - how did your husband's interviews go? New job for him as well?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:06 AM   #73  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face

Sorry, all, just a little too busy here...I'll be posting soon though. Keep strong and carry on!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #74  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well, not sure I'm going to start my challenges today. Not feeling well. I'll see how I feel later and post tomorrow if I managed to get something started.

Not sure about the job yet. The guy that my husband talked to said he would get an offer, but that the offer must go through the main office and it would take a couple of days. As long as the offer is good, we'll accept and move to Colorado. If the offer is just so-so, we'll probably stay put.

By the way, Trob, the town is Grand Junction. It's in the west of Colorado. I really liked it there. It's not the tree filled part of Colorado that everyone thinks of. It's a lot of desert, but it's really kind of pretty. It's got the big rock formations on one side, the Colorado river runs right through it and there is the biggest mesa, (flat top mountain), in the world on the other side with over 300 lakes on it. If we end up moving there, we'll have a lot of fun exploring everything!

Have a good day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #75  
Ashley

Day 2 - calories <1500, 1 pause
Day 3 - steps >5000
Day 3 - food diary

Quiet day on the thread today.

DJ - sounds like you would be moving from one pretty area to another. I've been through Grand Junction before. It's a nice area. I hope you get to feeling better.

I went for my post-op appointment today. Was hoping to get out of the sling so I could start adding a bit more exercise back into my life, but that didn't happen, so I'm sticking with my goal of 5,000 steps per day. Some days just that little bit of movement is tough on the shoulder. I really hate getting out of the habit of exercising regularly. It was such a difficult routine for me to get into and I know it will be just as hard to start back up again. I just have to keep reminding myself recovery from that this repair will take a long time and I simply can't rush it.

Hope everybody else had a great day.