Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kristine and Sassy- Sorry you both have DH's who are ailing. I agree with you Sass...they will do what they want to do. Even when they know 100% what the Dr. has told them NOT to do. Kinda like a kid, huh? But, hey, we can't live without 'em.

I was back and forth to the new house today. First because DH told me to come by and make sure I knew what kind of toilet seats I wanted, then when I got there they said I didn't need to buy any as they were coming Tues. So, home and fixed lunch for DH and took that back to him. Later I had to go over to make sure the carpet was to my liking...it is great! Then tonight DH and I went back to check things out with no workmen there. Coming right along!
I took Mom's little dog over twice with me...she liked the ride and the house. She is being so good while Mom is gone. Everyone sees her and goes silly over her....these grown men saying they want to take her home. And she loves it! If I knew how to post a picture here I would as I took one of her today. She got up in our easy chair and pulled the pillow down to where she wanted it then reclined and looked like a diva!
I see the box to add an image, but how do you use a url if the image is in your pictures file? Just wondering. Do I have to post it at my yahoo photos first?
Okay...I am off to bed..early day tomorrow, going to the lumber mill with DH to pick up all of his lumber. Probably 4 loads and a good long drive for each load. Ugh!
Oh, I ate okay today but didn't get much exercise.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Okay..I have a photo of "Baby" and a few of the house in progress. By the end of next week I can do some of a finished kitchen.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - when I clicked on the link you gave, it came up with my own account! Wonder if the others will get the link? Wow, before long, you'll be doing the final touches on your house.

Kristine - ahh, you know how stubborn DHs can be! Mine always over-does, and won't listen to me about taking it a little easier. Go ahead and vent here... we're good at listening.

Sassy - well, I still would have trouble getting the paper off, without trying to hold the cake with one hand, or something. I'm just going to serve the darn thing right off the base. I'll put it on the cake server like that. Glad you haven't been having any more acid reflux.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Since most of the cooking for the dinner should be done tomorrow, and I want the cake to be very fresh and still spongy when I serve it, I spent my energy today cleaning, instead.

Neal and I are arguing, and he's a big doody head. He didn't stick up for me when he should have, with Katie, and I see that as a husbandly character flaw and a breech of loyalty. Men!

Gotta surf for awhile.... have a good weekend.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Well, I googled "remove cake from Springform pan" and the results say to just slide the cake to the serving plate. My pan is a coated one, so maybe that really will work. Hmmm.... I'm gonna try this tomorrow, and I'll let you know if it worked or not.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane: I usually do not have a problem removing the cake from the base because I grease liberally and flour. I haven't made a gooey cake before, so parchment paper that you buy in a roll at the grocery store might be your answer. At the bakery, we always used 6, 8, & 10 liners for all our cakes. If you apply shortening to the parchment before you place in the pan, the parchment peels off very easily. I hope this works. If you decide to bake a chocolate type cake in the same pan, use cocoa powder instead of flour. It makes a prettier presentation than white flour on choc cake.

Sue: Just reading all the activity involved with the new house makes me tired. Can I list this as part of my exercise? LOL

Sassy: I'm sorry to hear about your spine and acid problems. I sure hope things get better for you.

Marti: Are you really liking the Yoga? I watched some ladies doing some on Fit TV. I thought to my self, "You've got to be kidding!" I couldn't bend like that in a million years!

Kristine: I'm sorry about the stress. I hope the gym helps.

Christina: Where are you?

I spent all day reorganizing my scrapbook supplies. I didn't realize that I had been doing so much standing that when I looked down, my left ankle had swollen up. I've stayed off it the rest of the day. I'm going to try to get my bike ride (stationary) done before bed time.

You all take care. I hope you all have a super Labor Day weekend!
Norma
Old 09-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #21  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

Jane,

Sorry it took so long. I started an internship yesterday and I was so tired that I didn't want to look at the computer when I got home.

I can't wait to see how much Eville has changed. It will be good to go "home" for a while and get back to speaking and hearing english all the time. Maybe that will jar some of this swedish that is stuck in my head and won't come out. lol We plan on living here..well, forever, unless TBS and his band make it and then I want to move to Switzerland.

Katiecat
I looooooooove TOOL and am completely jealous that you have seen them live. I never got a chance to see them while in the states. They were here not too long ago but it cost almost 100$ and I refuse to pay that for a concert ticket. I love NIN but I met Trent and he is an egotistical jerk. And short. I like my men tall. But still I like his music so I can look past all that. hehe
Old 09-02-2006, 06:21 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies!

Sue -- yup just like Kids they are. lollllll. But of course you gotta love em regardless! lol Speaking of Toilet Seats when my in-laws redid their bathrooms they asked the people at Lows which toilet seat they had in their bathrooms because they liked them so much. Sounds weird but they are pretty comfy! lol. When I went to your link it came to my account as well. I think and I could be wrong here........I think you can invite people to see your photos but not quite sure there.............

Jane -- I understand, you probably can just serve it that way or you might be amazed and it might just come right off! Hey since you got your cleaning done wanna drop by and do mine? lolllll. @ Neal being a "doodyhead" lollllllll. I hope he comes around...............

Hey Norma -- Thanks. My Spine inury I've had for many, many years and I guess the Acid Reflux too, so I have learned over the years to live with it............lolllllllllllll..........Hope your ankle feels better..........

Have a Great Weekend Everybody!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Default hello from Germany

Hi all,

I have been in 3fc for only 2 days and am seriously overwhelmed with the support. How fantastic is that?!

I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Right now it is incredibly beautiful outside. The weather is not to hot and not too cool. It's the kind of weather I would like to sit outside under an hand made wooden awning with grape leaves growing all over it. Where I can look out over the land and see green as far as my eye could see. Sipping on Eis Wine with my feet up, and no noise but nature.

Ok, I'm back, wow what a wonderful trip...lol

Anyway, Jane, you crack me up with the missing toilet water thing. That would have to be one of my major complaints about living here...LOL
One would think that would not be bad but it makes for a stinky bathroom if you don't stay on top of it. BLEK!

About your spring form pan question. You have the choice of leaving the bottom on and transferring that to your plate or you could put some parchment paper that you have cut to fit the bottom part of the pan. I think you are to cut it a little bigger than the bottom and let it go up a bit so you can just pull it off of the bottom of the pan.

The one to ask is Norma, she is the BOMB when it comes to this kind of thing! Actually, there isn't much that she isn't good at. I only aspire to be as good as her left hand (she's right handed...LOL).

Anyway, hi everyone, May your Saturday be full of fun, love and endurance to say no to fudge!!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #24  
JfulldivaJackett

S/C/G: 150/260/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Chittin' about myself, Chattin' about my son

I have been doing so well with my eating. I finally just had had enough. I have been reading while riding the stationary bike for 45 minutes each night. It is so much easier to do!! I catch up on my reading and I am more focused than before- It's actually starting to be relaxing and fun to have that time to myself every day. I have started to view food as a drug. It works for me that way. I have no problem (usually) with the drug/alcohol cravings because I KNOW that I cannot have it. So looking at food that way really helps me to control my intake. I think about what I eat, I portion what I eat, and I eat to stay healthy and upright. It's too early to say if this New attitude will stick, but I know I can do it if I try- and that's good enough for me right now!
My special needs son with Epilepsy is doing really well too. I think this Tranxene is working on these movement/hyper episodes he's been having. He still sleeps a lot sometimes, but he acts more "normal" when he is up. Maybe he's not seizing? We go back to Detroit on the 12th, and the local Neurologist on the 6th, and to Ann Arbor for his eyes on the 7th. Appointments galore. But at least we are in motion which is what I/he/we need here. The not knowing and waiting was making me crazy........ER!! We will still have to wait for results and what not, but the fact that we seem to have an avenue to go down makes it feel like we are close to finding a resolution/explanation to everything. Karter is still having episodes though. It's hard as his mom to watch- but I have faith that we can get it under control in the future. In good news- PIG'S GETTING HIS HAMMIES BACK! The feeding tube has been a winning lottery ticket and he is starting to chubby up again, which makes me want o cry I'm so happy. He is used to it now and I have managed to ween him from the boob too. Food every 3 hours is really the only comfort he seems to need- BYE BYE BOOBIE!! Yeah- now I will start to have my cycle again. Great. I haven't had it in almost two-and-a-half years! I bet everyone was just dying to know that!
Old 09-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #25  
I can dream, can't I?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

Yes, I had the wrong link. So sorry... please try again.
I will be able to post the finished house by the end of next week...I hope.

Busy day here and I am bushed. I helped DH load and un-load about 850 board ft. of lumber from 14 ft. long to 8 ft. long. We had to make 2 trips with the pick-up truck and have 2 more for next week. This is wood from the trees we had to cut down on our lot. It will all become more of DH's beautiful furniture. (if we can find room to store it all) Trust me that is ALOT of wood. I hope my back doesn't give me fits tomorrow as we have a family get together at my SIL's. DH doesn't know, but it is a surprise party for his 60th birthday which was the 31st. ssssshhhh.....don't tell...

Gotta go for now..back soon.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Was on Thursday and ran out of time and since then I have been busy...will tell more tomorrow when I have more time and can do individuals. But, I wanted to say to SUE...a very HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY to your DH!! Have fun at the party! And...your house is BEAUTIFUL! I love the kitchen...it is awesome! Your doggy is a cutie too! So sweet.

Tiffany! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you!

Okay, ladies...sorry I have to cut this short...spent too much time on the other threads and trying to catch up with the reading. Will do individuals tomorrow and catch up after Mass or lunch. See ya then

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:44 AM   #27  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies.

Very tired Chicky here. Worked a 12 hr. shift today. Boss called us in as they were having major issues today and one guy called off and one guy works from home (a whole other issue) so we got some OT today!!!!!!

Sue -- I am in love with your house! Doggie is a cutie too! There is a lady at work who is giving away free puppies, part Sharei (sp??) and part Lab, pretty cute but I still want to wait until we get a house before getting a doggie............

I just wanted to add that I will post more later, so not ignoring anybody!! Just really tired! lolllllllllllllll

all!

Have a Wonderful Relaxing Sunday Everyone!!!!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-03-2006 at 05:46 AM. Reason: too tired to be posting! lmaooooo!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #28  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I'm here. AF is too which is why I'm not saying a whole lot. Gained 2 lbs in 14 hours with no changes in diet or exercise so I figured she was on her way. Sh arrived yesterday and has been rather unforgiving. I thought after #1 & #2 didn't change the severity of my cycle 'complications' I was safe with #3. WRONG Let's just say pamprin and ice water are my two best friends right now.

Going to go back and read, so I may be back to comment... Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #29  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Gals!

I'm in the process of getting ready to take off for my sisters for the day. Trying to keep busy this weekend. Not a lot of computer time.

Tomorrow I'm voluntarily going in to work to get some stuff done due to co-workers being gone. Has been HECTIC at work!

I am so happy to see all the newbie gals here and posting!!

Ok ladies, I just wanted to pop in really quick and say hello! I will try my best tonight and catch up on individuals.

Hugs to all!!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #30  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

sleepy sleepy sleepy today. {I did keep dh out from 1 a.m. til almost four a.m. so we could have a bit of a 'date}

Anyone have any no-sugar wake-me-up ideas? We're off to the park shortly so I'll get my cardio in, but it's kind of hard to stay long enough to get a good bp-rise wake-up when I am already falling asleep tired
Closed Thread