3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92502-1lb-down-plenty-more-go.html)

ELEM-PGF 09-11-2006 09:32 AM

HOWDY LADIES!!!!!!!:wave: :wave:

Well on the hubby front he is doing well, moving a little more everyday and his incision is healing well. Looks really funny he has about a 6 inch incision with two holes a the bottom that look like eyes over his belly button, so kind of a distorted looking alfalfa smily face!!! You gotta see the humor in these things to get through them. Anyway, he goes back to the doctor thursday and hopefully will get the staples out and be able to start driving again. He is getting cabin fever but i am trying to keep him settled down so that we don't have to do this again!

As for me i have no good news to report. Something about this whole experience sent me over the edge and after 5 months of dedication i have completely blown it! I have made a complete cow :moo: :moo: of myslef lately and have managed to gain about 4 pounds. I am on track with my exercise though, 3.3 miles in 20 min on the elliptical yesterday. I am going to get those pounds off this week and by saturday want to be back to my ticker weight, if i am not i will adjust it then. I just need a good slap in the head to get my brain back to where it was when i was doing so well. I am such a pro at self sabotage but i refuse to let if fully take over like i have in the past!!!!

Tina - i am with you girl that was a little rough on a kindergartener (she is adorable by the way!). I know they have to establish firm ground rules early and it may be that she was the example that the teacher used to show that she means business but still seems a little harsh! I'd give it another week and if situations keep coming up then have a chit chat with the teacher and see where she is coming from.

Ryanmi - I certainly understand where you are coming from and i know momma's can be very protective of our kids but i do see your point. How is all your repiratory stuff??? How is the office challenge going, i have been very out of the loop, so you may have said and i missed it.

Cheryl - i am with you on the nap thing, just can't get going here lately either! Quilt retreat sounds like fun, is this the kids quilt or are you completely done with that one now? Can you tell I am so out of the loop here!

Shawn - congrats on the NSV's!!!! You are rockin girlie!!! You are an inspiration! I know what you mean about the tank top. What a victory that was! I know your eating will get on track soon. Trust me i know how hard it can be!

Emily - welcome!!! :welcome3: So glad to have you join us. Yes we all know the battle losing weight is and that none of it comes easy. My starting weight was way above yours, in fact your starting is my next "goal"! It's all relative ya know! Look forward to getting to know you more! Oh yeah and congrats on surviving 4 kids so far!!! I struggle so much with two i really respect anyone with more!

Card - a hearty welcome to you too! :welcome3: Glad to have you along in this battle! Another one with lots of kids to deal with! I don't know how ya'll do it!!!

Seems like we are missing a few regulars here lately too, Robbin, Michelle1964, Linda, Louie, jtammy, stacy and i know i am missing more! Hope all is well with ya'll and we will be hearing from ya'll soon.

Well I gotta run, supposed to be doing some work here today. I am slowly getting back into routine so i will hopefully be able to check in more regularly. Are we still doing louie's halloween challenge??? I think i have made up my mind on what i want to make it but can't remember if we said it wouldn't be a weight related goal. Somebody catch me up if you can! Thanks and ya'll have a fantastic day!!!!!

Erin

RRVMMM 09-11-2006 09:59 AM

Hey ladies sorry I was once again MIA over the weekend but you know how I get BUSY BUSY BUSY. I did not meet my goal for Saturday. Saturday morning the scales said 231, however they did say 229.8 this morning so I am gonna leave my ticker where it is. I am sorry I can’t do any personals right now but I do want to say Welcome to Emily & Card. This is a great bunch of ladies.

Well chickies I have to get to work but hopefully I will be able to finish everything up soon and be able to get back here for personals.

LadyLai 09-11-2006 11:20 AM

Happy Monday!

Good morning girlies! I am so relieved this morning. I just got back from school to find out that the whole thing was a misunderstanding. I'm glad I talked to the teacher to clear things up, because I didn't want to have any ill feelings towards her if there was no need to have any. Somebody elses turtle must have been up just shortly after she asked Alyssa not to squeeze her wet wipe. And Alyssa thought it was hers. She said she wouldn't have given a warning for something so little. She has renewed my faith, especially when she bent down and told Alyssa she did a good job for coming to her mommy when she wasn't sure of something. And said the next time she has any wonders to please come ask. She told her that she was very good at following the rules and showed her name had a whole row of stickers beside it! I could see her little heart lift as a smile came wide accross her face. All of the anxiety she had this morning before going totally disipated and I was one proud mama bear...hehehe!

And now off of that subject and back to why we're here. I found my groove again! Yippee! I've been walking on the treadmill at regular pace for the past two days! And I haven't made any wrong choices with food. Hubby and I went out for lunch yesterday and I stuck to my guns having a Thai Chicken Salad with a balsamic dressing. If any of you are drowning yourselves trying to get rid of some water retention...drink a cup of green tea, it totally makes you go.

Cheryl, I'm excited for your weigh in on wednesday myself. hehehe! You've done so well last week. Congrats on sticking to plan all week, I know how even that can be such a victory.

Shyla, this is so funny...but I wore a shirt this morning that I haven't worn in years because it was too "fitted". I wore it with confidence today baby! Congrats on feeling satisfied at the restaurant. I was the same way, I'd make myself so full and sick trying to eat it all. You go girl!

Hi Emily! I remember you! I have come a long way and there came a lot of struggles too. I'm in one of those slums right now trying to get back to routine after the summer has thrown me off. Welcome back! Meal planning is an awesome way to keep in line, you can do this!

Hi Card! Welcome aboard! You'll fit right in here and I look forward to getting to know you better. What is your plan of action may I ask?

Erin, hey girl! Nice to see you back and things are swinging again. I missed your energetic posts about all that exercised you manage to get in. Glad to hear hubby is doing well and that whole situation won't be so stressfull for you. I think a few of us has climbed back up to the diving board and ready to take another plunge into the weightloss routine pool. But if you don't mind...let me jump first! hehe! I'm thinking about maker a ticker for a ten pound loss for halloween..does that sound too much? I don't want to set myself up for failure.

Robbin, hey girl 229 may have not come by on saturday, but it is here now and that's something to celebrate! Congrats!

Well I'm off to meet with the mill! Have a great day ladies! Make it one you'll be satisfied with at the end of the day! Be strong and stay powerful!

~Tina

Robsia 09-11-2006 12:50 PM

Tina - I know I haven't posted here for a bit but I have been reading and I was so pleased to hear that the wet wipe thing was a misunderstanding.

I find myself torn when people complain about teachers for, while it is true that there are bad teachers out there, some people misinterpret necessary discipline as their kid being 'got at'. Also some children don't always report things as they happened, either deliberately or by mistake so I was not sure whether to interpret the story as the teacher being overly harsh or your daughter (forgive me) being a little economical with the truth. My dd is the exact same age as yours and she does tell lies to get herself out of trouble, as many of that age do without compunction.

So, I am so glad it was all a big misunderstanding.

shyla2001 09-11-2006 01:22 PM

Hey ladies! Just a quick checkin while I'm home for lunch... work is crazy today / this week - we have the corporate tax deadline on Friday! No more extensions for those corps... so we're beating the stragglers over the head & trying to get them all done. Of course, crazy issues come up with missing info, etc. Argh!

My weekly points started over yesterday, and ended up 7 points over goal yesterday, but am on track today. Just had Subway for lunch - yummy! And plan to work out tonight. That should get me back on track fast!

Not going to make it to all the personals, but just wanted to WELCOME the new girls! :welcome:

And Tina, I'm so glad you talked to the teacher & it all worked out. I knew it would. :wink:

Well, ladies, I can't stay and chat. Will check back in soon, though! have a great monday! :hug:

ELEM-PGF 09-11-2006 04:36 PM

Hi gang! Mid day check in today for another confession. I caved again and satisfied a few cravings i didn't get to over the weekend. I have exhausted all of the can't have it's for now and plan to be on track again from here on out!

Robbin - you are one busy woman! Glad to hear you were under 230 this morning! Hope your schedule eases up a little soon!

Tina - so glad the thing with the teacher got straightened out!!! Communication is so helpful with this stuff. It's amazing what the kids pick up on and how there little minds make it out to be what they see and not always what it really is. Ten pounds doesn't seem like too much if you are willing to work really hard. Halloween is 7 weeks from today and most people will say 2 pounds a week is reasonable and that would be 14 pounds so even gives you a little playing room!

Robsia - good to get a teacher's perspective on things, there are always two sides to a story aren't there!!!! How are things with you?

Shawn - sorry to hear work is getting hectic but your motivation is contagious right now! I may have to ride your coat tails of enthusiasm for a little till i get going again!

Okay, well gotta run, need to try to get the desk organized again! ya'll have a good evening!

shyla2001 09-11-2006 07:03 PM

I just got some pictures back... do you guys mind if I show off my babies?

http://img169.imageshack.us/slidesho...014768fcc.smil

ryanmi72 09-11-2006 07:36 PM

Evening All...

I have just returned from seeing an allergist! I didn't get the most pleasant of news though...he thinks I am allergic to GRASS-of all things- and that's why I have been so miserable all summer (and last for that matter)...but he couldn't do the skin tests b/c the receptionist failed to tell me not to take my allergy meds for 5 days before coming in...so I have to go back next Monday. If I am allergic to grass, I have to go for shots once a week for 6 months, then every other week for another 5 months, then once a month for maintainence. Good Christ that's a lot of shots...especially for someone afraid of needles. While I was there, he had me do a pulmonary function yest to check my lungs (because I have asthma)...had to blow into a tube and then suck the air out again and this machine read my lung function...so, I do it, and he says (in his thick spanish accent) that I "blow and suck really well"...and he must have said it three or four times. I just started laughing...he didn't think it was funny, but I found it hysterical...especially after the 3rd-4th time...I know...so juvenile...:rofl:

The screws came for my bike-so I am going to try and figure it out this evening and maybe do a little peddlin'...woo hoo!!!:woo:

Tina, glad the whole school thing worked out. BTW, I forgot to mention, those socks Alyssa was wearing are the cutest ever! :)

Robbin, Sounds like things are crazy for you right now-hang in there! :dizzy:

Shyla, Awesome NSV with the tank top-and the eating at Chili's...I love their food! ;)

Erin, Glad the hubby is doing better! As far as the office challenge goes, I was down 4.4lbs last week...this week, not so sure, as I haven't had the best week...we'll see. :crossed:

Robsia, How did the interview go?? :?:

Cheryl, Hope the weigh goes well on Weds. You are going on a quilt retreat? Sounds relaxing for you...:beach:

Welcome to Emily and Card!!! Looking forward to getting to know you! :balloons:

OK...Now to the bike! Let's see if I can put this bad boy together... :)

Get n healthy 09-11-2006 08:17 PM

Hello all, doing well here. Did we just have a weekend? Where did i go? I guess i blinked and missed it. Geeze, back to the beginning of another work week, but hey, 3 pounds lighter on this work week than the last one, so i will take it, ha ha.

Shyla-That is awesome about the fajitas...stopping at two is a challenge. That is my main focus right now. You wouldnt think just stopping when you are full would be so hard, but it really takes disepline for me. So good for you, well done. Cool NSV too about the shirt. That is a great feeling. Oh what darling little ones you have, they are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ryan-I am sorry but that IS hysterical. I would have had to show my juvinille side too. How can people even say that with a straight face, i mean come on. That is funny stuff. Good luck with the screws, that will be a workout in its self probably.

Emily-Hello. Vacations are very difficult for me too. I go out of town thinking, i am going to be strong. I come back with my stomach stretched out, lazy, and back to old habits. Lets get it in gear and keep it in gear together.

Erin-Thanks for missing me. Its nice to know you were missed. Just been a busy weekend, lots of yard work (still sore from it, who knew slinging a sleg hammer could work muscles you didnt even know you had). But i am back and doing well.

Card-Welcome, i think i know you from another thread. Good to have you here.

Tina-That is wonderful news about your daughter. Oh, isnt that such a weight lifted. Bless her sweet heart, I can just see that smile slowly going accross her beautiful little timid face.

Ok, gotta go find my children...far too quiet for far too long.

Cheryl120 09-11-2006 09:25 PM

Evening Ladies...Busy, busy, busy is how my days have been the last couple of days. Staying on program so will see what the scales say on Wednesday. No time for personals tonight, but I will get back here in the morning. Have problems with the computer being extra slow and not down loading like it should.

Welcome Emily and Card:hug: Great bunch of ladies here.

Cheryl

ryanmi72 09-12-2006 08:45 AM

Good Morning!

Just stopping in to say howdy...and to report that I have NO SKILLS at all when it comes to putting things together...I tried to put that stupid bike together...none of the screws looked anything like the pictures, none of them seemed to fit right, I couldn't figure the stupid :censored: thing out...so I gave up. :dunno:

I'm calling someone to come put it together for me today...either that or the whole thing is going in the garbage! I can't stand looking at it in pieces around my living room anymore!!!!! :tantrum:

Ok...time to do some work-I have my class in a little bit...have a good day! ;)

LadyLai 09-12-2006 01:44 PM

Happy Tuesday!

Good day ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I just finished my treadmill walk. I'm sweatin' like a ... well, you know what I mean. I am really excited and feeling motivated today. I am one...ONE....o-n-e pound from my ticker weight! Woo Hooo! I hoping to keep this little downward trend for good while.

I want to try and make a halloween ticker, tried ticker factory but I can't get it to show up here. Anyone know how? 3FC doesn't have any cute halloween ones.

Robsia, glad to see you! I am so relieved too that it was a misunderstanding. I understand how hard teachers have it and perhaps dealing with some irrate parents sometimes doesn't make it any easier. I did NOT want to be one those parents! :D How are things going for you?

Shyla, did you get you're workout in lastnight? You must be exhausted chasing down missing info. I remember when I worked, I could have clunked my boss on the head more than once when have missing paper work. Your kids are adorable btw!

Erin, get it all out of your system and start anew! You're doing great!

Ryanmi, holy smokes..that is a lot needles. Lets hope that you're not allergic to grass...what are the chances? FYI, I would've had to have a chuckle too! If I were close to you I'd help you out with your bike. I put everything together in our house!

Stacy, those weekends never seem long enough do they? Congratulations on the three pounds! That's amazing! Keep up the great effort!

Cheryl, hope things start slowing down for you soon. Might be time to do a scan on your computer to see if they're aren't any viruses. That may cause it slow down.

Have a great day ladies! Keep strong, make wise choices and get in a few extra steps!

~Tina

RRVMMM 09-12-2006 05:17 PM

Hi Ladies

Tina – The scales may have said 229 yesterday but were back to 232 this morning, THIS SUCKS.

Robsia – like your phrasing economical with the truth, LOL. My kids are very good at that.

Shawn – On the weight watchers scale how bad is 7 points over? If it were just 7 calories over it would be great but I have never done WW and don’t know how bad 7 points is. By the way your kids are adorable.

Erin – GET BACK ON THE TRACK NOW GIRLIE!!!!! Ok you have been scolded and all is forgiven. You have done great so don’t beat yourself up just put yourself back in order and do what you know is right for you.

Ryanmi – My oldest boy is allergic to grass, but his reactions are in the form of rashes that itch and burn and swell. He has to take 2 and sometimes 3 different meds to prevent the rashes during the spring and summer. LOL, to let you know, I would have laughed at the doctor too. I am sorry that you can’t tell screws apart. LOL

Stacy – Just the way I feel, blink and you miss the weekend, sucks don’t it. My weekends are just as busy as the weekdays and it doesn’t feel like I ever get a break.

Cheryl – Sounds like you are on the same road as the rest of us, busy busy busy.

Well Ladies, I feel I have been neglecting all of you cause I haven’t been here much. I have just been so busy that I can barely catch my breath. It seems like I am just on the run so much. Too bad it doesn’t count as exercise. I do believe I am gonna have to threaten Scale-A-Cide again cause my scales are not cooperating at all. This morning they were back up to 232, 3 pounds overnight. Now I know that is impossible and that it has to be water retention but still……………. I have been trying to get myself more motivated to work harder and really I have good intentions but it seems like my busy schedule just keeps interfering, and then I seem to think it is ok to use my schedule as an excuse. What is up with that? There is no good excuse for not working on my health and that new body I want. I need a good kick in the backside!!!!!!!!! I want to walk at football practice tonight but earlier I started in with the excuses, I am not dressed for walking and I am not gonna be able to go home before practice, I have on dress pants a very nice blouse and heels. Well guess what I also have a t-shirt and walking shoes in the car, then I tell myself but you don’t have any pants. Well guess what self, you are stopping buy Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription on your way there so just buy a pair of cheap sweats or shorts or something cause YOU ARE WALKING WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!! How do you like that?

Ok since I haven’t been here much I though I would share a lower fat lower calorie recipe with you all to make up for it. Every one loves Potatoes Au Gratin right? How about cutting down on the calories and fat. I am not sure what the calories and fat grams are but its better than the regular recipe.

4 Medium Potatoes sliced
1 10 oz can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
4 Tablespoons of Lite Sour Cream
1 Medium Onion Chopped
1 Cup low fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375° Arrange Potatoes and onions in a casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine soup sour cream salt and pepper, pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. YUM YUM. Love it

LadyLai 09-12-2006 08:34 PM

Go Robbin! Go Robbin! Go-Go-Go Robbin! Nothing can get this done but sheer determination and girl it sounds like you've got it! I'm so sorry things never seem to slow down for you, I know I would be wiped too. Don't be so hard on yourself...girl you're a busy working mom of four! Just keep doing what you know and keep trying to fit in little bits of exercise where you can. That body of yours should be shaking in it's skin right about now! hehe! I'm here on the side lines cheering for ya! BTW - you were able to get everything in order for a walk, but did you manage to swipe hubbys MP3 player too? ;) Gotta love that music to keep you pumped!

Thanks for the recipe, sounds really yummy!

Louie 09-12-2006 08:38 PM

Hi Gals :wave:

I am here, but just sortta hanging out in the background. I am in a funk and need to get myself sorted out..find a program.. and get to it. Being FAT and out of shape has all of a sudden really gotten to me.. and maybe that is the motivation that I need to do something about it.

So I will be here and will drop in for the occassional fly by and then once I am on track I will be back in full force.

Thanks for being here :hug: