3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/92502-1lb-down-plenty-more-go.html)

ELEM-PGF 08-31-2006 06:51 AM

Morning glories!!! :hug: Well the scale is back down from 241.0 to 239.4 this morning, still not quite to the first day on the new scale but getting there. I have decided to stop taking one of the supplements i was taking and see if that makes a difference, seems like things started going down hill shortly after i added that. Have to say though, new scale has shown no signs of possession :D , and what a good feeling that is to be able to get on the scale and say "that is what i weigh" not "let me average the next 5 times and guess at where i really am!"!! Spent some time trying on some clothes here at home and a couple at walmart last night and the size range of a 20 garment amazes me. Came across some skirts and stuff from the late 80's and early 90's and an 18 held to an 18 bought in the last few years, whew what difference!!! Seemed like about two inches smaller at the waist 20 years ago! :dizzy: just doesn't seem fair, whatever happened to consistency! Anyway, got on some things i have not been able to wear in years and that was nice.

Shawn - Glad to hear you are feeling better and a huge wooohoooo on the passing up krispy kreme's that is a tremendous accomplishment!!!! just think with attitude like that and starting back on your exercise you will be moving that ticker down soon!!!

Cheryl - I missed what is going on with hubby somehow, what kind of therapy, you know as a PT myself i have to be nosey!

Jtammy - how cool we will both tbe 40 this year and will both be working for the same thing. As the days tick by and my body seems to be possessed it looks harder and harder to do it by the 29th but we are going to keep working like there is no other option!!! Glad to hear you and hubby are on the mend, marriage is hard work!!!!

Robbin - I don't know how you keep up with the schedule you have girl, it wears me out jsut reading it!! I know what you mean about adding music, i have an MP3 player i need to take it to the elliptical with me the next time! Good job on the walking by the way, multitasking can do wonders for you! I am feeling your pain on the WWW and if you figure out a way to get rid of it let me know!!!!

Stacy - I agree totally with the eliminate the word diet theory, just gets you into too much trouble! In order to be successful at this long term we really do need to make a LIFESTYLE change, but when life is what got you here in the first place it is really hard! I worry about loose skin too and have surgery planned in the back of my mind but reality may be a whole nother ball game!!! I guess i will see where i am when i finally get the majority of this weight off! Hate you are having such conflict at work, since we spend a large part of the day there that can be exhauting! I love your description of the girl, i can picture her perfectly and have dealt with a few like that over the years, yeah i think she is overly flaunting and more than innapropriate for a business situation!! My experience has been it usually bites them in the little butt they like to flaunt so much!!!

Tina - glad to hear you are so dedicated to plan again! I am jealous of your cool weather although i have to say it has been a nicer day here than usual. Much less humidity at the moment. I am really liking the new scale just not what it is saying at the moment. I am really contemplating taking some of my prescription water pills again but wonder if some of this is rebound from the last time. Will probably give it till the weekend and then go from there!

FLYBYLouie at it again, hope you can stay longer soon!!!

Kreen - hey girl i got your pm and just haven't made the time to reply, will do that asap, glad to see you here you will love this group!!!! wonderfully supportive people all in the same boat!

Well ladies i am off to tackle the day, lots going on here today so need to get at it! Hope you have a wonderful day!

RRVMMM 08-31-2006 09:42 AM

Good morning ladies gonna do some fast personals then off to work.

Tammy – I had to laugh when you said you had to give up your house being as clean as you wish to get in exercise, I had to give up having a house as clean as I wish because I can not keep up with the messes that 4 kids 1 husband 1 house dog and 2 cats make. But I am walking at every football practice now so I do feel much better.

Shawn – WEIGHT TO GO , passing on krispy kreme’s, doughnuts are a hard one to pass on, just like that huge pan of German chocolate cup cakes sitting that a guy brought to work this morning and is sitting on the table just outside of my office door, but I will be strong, I will ignore them.

Stacy – Don’t you just hate those thin bimbo’s that like to show it all off at work. Ya know there is a time and a place for that and work is not it unless you are a stripper. Good luck on keeping your office and ya know you could always slip a laxative in her coffee or coke.

Kreen – Welcome to the group:hug: you will love it here these ladies are great.

Cheryl – Do not move the ticker, but I have a challenge for you if you are up to it. Lets see if we can get back to what our ticker says by next weekend, lets say September 9th. That gives us 1 week and 2 days. Lets work extra hard for 1 week and see how far we can get. Actually Why not make it a challenge for everyone, lets see how well we can all do in 1 week. Lets all work really hard this next week but do not weigh every day wait till Saturday morning to see your results. What do ya all say? A 1 week challenge to do our best, to exercise as much as possible and eat as healthy as we can, then report the results on Saturday September 9.

Tina – When you finish with all that house work at your house be sure to stop by mine, it is a mess. Actually I did not get as much water as I wanted yesterday, I only drank about 90 ounces, I am gonna do better today.

Erin – You will be surprised what the music will do for you, it really keeps me going and adds a little extra hip hop to my walking. The only thing I can figure to do about the WWW is chug chug chug water and that is what I am trying to do today. I guess you just get used to the hectic-ness (is that a word) but I do wish for a slow down sometimes.

Ok so these personals were not so fast but oh well. The scales were back down 1 pound this morning and today I am shooting for 150 ounces of water intake so maybe I will flush out some more pounds. I had the filling to a Low Fat Low Cal breakfast burrito with 2 pieces of dry toast for breakfast and will have a salad with Kraft Light Done Right 3 Cheese Ranch Dressing for lunch, I don’t know what I will do for dinner cause it is practice night again but I will get in another walk.

Well better get to work, check back later.

Louie 08-31-2006 09:44 AM

Morning Gals !!!

Glad to see the board so active, sounds like everyone is doing really well.

In an attempt to get my butt in gear I am wondering if anyone would be up to a challenge ???

With Halloween 2 months away I thought that maybe we could all set ourselves a mini goal to achieve by then. The goal could be anything you want..ie lose # lbs, exercise for # hours, etc. We could put our goal in our signature and all encourage one another to meet it.

Anyone up for that ?!?!?!? Have a think about it and we could get started on September 1st ??

Well I best get a move on and get to work. Have a great day ladies :hug:

Get n healthy 08-31-2006 10:38 AM

Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a good night. Mine was full of stress and tears. It is going to be a death match between me and bimbo. By the end of the day i had been told i was being laid off. I love to lose MY office to someone thinner and younger...now i need therapy. So i cried and cried, thinking she would watch me pack up and just be chomping at the bit to get MY office. Well this morning, apparently the VP had a talk with the head honcho...i dont know what was said, but i am back in the game again. So we are neck and neck, Stacy-1, Bimbo-0. And i didnt even binge, despite the stress, i exercised through it all.

Cheryl-That sucks you are up 2 pounds but that just makes for a REALLY good week next week. Usually when i am a couple up i end up losing 4 lbs the next week...it is just hard to deal with that one week of being up. I will probably have the same problem tomorrow morning at my weekly weigh in and like you, i already decided i was NOT going to move that darn ticker...cause like you said, it sure wont be at that weight long. Oh and about Bimbo- the office manager pulled her aside to discuss her attire and she actually went to the head boss and cried saying that office manager had really hurt her feelings. She didnt know her shirt was cut that low. So of course, head boss thinks with the wrong head and took bimbos side and office manager got chewed out for making "new girl feel unwelcome". Whatever. Just for the record, she wore an equally low shirt the following day as well. Should we all chip in and buy her a mirror so she can see just how low that shirt is?

Shyla-So glad to hear you are feeilng better.

Tina-My poor ellipitical caught torment yesterday. ALL that frustration and anger came out through exercise, not eating. HOORAY for me. I pumped my resistence way up and i was going to town on that thing, like the wicked witch of the west on her bicycle. We have a small office, so we have never really had a need for an official dress code. Our boss is KNOWN for getting priorities of cute chic versus business confused though. He is the stuff sitcoms are made of.

Elem-I am hoping chic does get bit on the butt she likes to flaunt to much. OOOHH i cant stand her. Very good way of putting it.

Robin-OH MY GOSH. I LOVE your attitude and idea...the laxitives are PERFECT. Well she applied at Hooters, so stripper is close. She is for sales, so i keep wanting to say, "Honey, why do you dress like you sell hot wings, when we clearly sell phone systems." ALso, i love your everybody weigh in on saturday idea. Count me in.

Louie-i am up for a halloween challenge.

Do you all ever drink hot tea? I have been drinking it alot lately cause the warmth of it makes me feel full longer and i heard it is good for weight loss. It seems like whenever i drink the hot tea i do lose weight faster and my stomach just feel better. Just wondering if anyone has noticed tea helping.

jtammy 08-31-2006 11:28 AM

Morning all,

A quick question to anyone - What is www - I guess something water weight, but I wanted to be sure.

Shyla, I'm glad you're feeling better today. Oh I love krispy kremes. I know I shouldn't say that on a weight loss board but I do. ;) Of course, I haven't had any for at least a year, so maybe I'll someday find out I don't like them anymore. That's a BIG NSV. Geocaching is fun. I'm glad you found some in your area. You might also be interested in letterboxing www.letterboxing.org. It's similar to geocaching, except you don't need the GPS to do it. It's an old fashioned treaure hunt. There aren't a lot in Mississippi but when we travel we find lots in other areas. DH had knee surgery the end of July and he's not able to walk without his crutches yet, so we haven't been able to go lately. When he's fully healed I can't wait to start back.

Stacy, I do better not having food in the house also. In fact, DD was supposed to keep the trail mix in her room (hidden), and somehow it ended up in the living room, and well, you know the rest. I don't think it was too extraordinarily bad. The main ingredient is wheat chex cereal (it's a homemade thing) and although the cereal has more sugar than I would normally eat, it isn't off the charts. LOL at your hot wings comment. I don't want to see co-workers showing their boobs. Yuck. We don't have fall weather exactly, but this morning it was in the 60s. The high today is only in the 80s, so we are enjoying a little cool front. Hope you're getting some of it. Edited because I just read your new post. OMG, I'm glad you're back in the game again at work. Wow, this woman sounds like poison. Good for you for not letting the stress make you binge and for working out your frustration on the elliptical.

Welcome Kreen. I'm new to this thread also, but I know I'll enjoy being here. Everyone is so friendly. :)

Cheryl, Sorry that the weigh-in wasn't what you wanted to see. I don't change my ticker either when it goes up, because I know in a few days it will drop back down again, just like yours will. I weigh everyday so I'd have to change it everyday, since my weight fluctuates from day to day. I'm looking forward to the long weekend also.

Tina, It's great to hear you talk about how you're in a different part of your life now, being more active with your daughter and enjoying healthy foods. I regret that my kids are now almost teenagers and i wasn't as active a Mom with them as I should have been. But that's in the past and I can't change it. I am changing the present and the future. Good for you for doing that while you daughter is younger.

Hi Erin, My scales are the "weigh five times and take an average" also. I think the problem is more my bathroom floor than the scales. My floor isn't level and depending where I put the scale, it reads differently. So I have to remember to line it up with this particular tile to be consistent. :) I've read about how clothing manufacturers keep making clothing bigger and putting a smaller label on it (vanity sizing) now, and it sounds like you have the proof in your hands. Isn't it a nice feeling to able to get into smaller clothing!!

Robbin, Just continue to keep ignoring the cup cakes. That german chocolate icing is evil :devil: It's great that you're squeezing the walking in during football practice. I'll join you on the challenge. I've been pretty good lately, but there is always room for improvement, and the long weekend needs extra vigilance to stay on plan.

Hi Louie, I'm thinking about what I could do for Halloween challenge. I'll come up with something. I'll have a couple of weeks of travel in October where I won't have a lot of food choices, so I may do a number of minutes exercise challenge.

Nothing new or exciting to post. I stayed up too late last night watching Project Runway, so I didn't get up in time to exercise this morning. DS doesn't have band practice today, so he said he would go and walk (well he runs and I walk) after supper tonight. The weather is beautiful today. High eighties, low humidity and it's supposed to stay this way through the weekend. Yayyyy!Have a great day!

Michelle 08-31-2006 04:07 PM

Hi Girlies -- I found your NEW group, and just wanted to stop in and say HI to everyone!;) :D I like all of the pictures of all of you and everyone is doing so good -- GREAT JOB!!!:grouphug: There are many new ladies here, and hello to all of you too!:hug:

Kreen 08-31-2006 04:24 PM

Hello everybody and thanks for the warm welcome! Already loving this thread. Happy to have one "anchor" thread as i have none so far, lol. Tried the 20 something for a while, then the 100 lbs club, but I just never got settled into one group I guess.

Shyla-My username is just my name (Karine) spelled differently.
Tina and Robyn thanks for the welcome too!

I am doing well, resting from exercise today, and will weigh tomorrow after not having done so in 8 days.Will let you know how it goes. I am hoping for a good loss,

Get n healthy 08-31-2006 07:58 PM

Hey Kreen- welcome. My weigh in is tomorrow too. If my scale is not nice in the morning then saturday becomes weigh in day and NO splurge meal or special friday treat for me. I wish us both good news on the scales.

shyla2001 08-31-2006 10:52 PM

Just a quick check in... no time for personals right now. I just wanted to let you guys know that I may not be around much until after the holiday weekend. My dad, stepmom, and grandparents are coming to stay with us on Sat & Sun, and then my inlaws will be here on Monday... all from out of town. So tonight I grocery shopped, tomorrow I try to finish cleaning, and then will be entertaining for the next 3 days. Its the first time my grandparents have ever been to our house, so am excited for them to see it, but want it to be clean! Of course, everyone is really just coming to see the twins. LOL.

Anyhow, I'll try to pop in late at night if I have time... but I'll eventually be back when things slow down again next week.

Take care, gals!

LadyLai 08-31-2006 11:08 PM

Wow, it's great to see this place so active! I had a pretty good day not much to report. Sadly I didn't make it out to walk morning or evening, it has been wet. But I will be catching up tomorrow. I want to stay as close to "on project" as I can. Seeing that this weekend is the last long weekend before school officially starts I think I'm going to join up with my sister and go camping. And camping for me can be a disaster area! As long as I can keep focus I think I'll pull through.

Erin, at least the scale at least a little cooperating this morning and I'm sure you'll have it fully functioning to the numbers you want it to display as soon as that WWW jumps off your back. I love fitting back into some old clothes that were outgrown...puts everything into perspective of why we're doing this. Good for you! I know that had to feel amazing.

Robbin, you can count me in for that week challenge. It'll get my butt back in gear to start this whole thing back in motion. Especially after camping I may need it! The whole not weighing for a week could prove to be a little difficult for me. ((biting finger nails))

Louie, I have to wonder lately what I'm capable of since I've been staring at the same #'s on the scale for months. I'm the only one to blame for that and time to make myself accountable. Be interesting to see what others may set, I'll think about it and make a new ticker next week.

Stacy, wow..this bimbo is really causing some havoc on you. It's a good thing that you're able to work that stress out in exercise. Such a good thing! As hard as it may be to realize as least she's giving you something outta all this, some kick butt exercise sessions. ;) With regards to the tea I found it helped me eliminate a lot of "water", if you catch my drift!

Tammy, I'm pretty happy with how things are turning out lately. My daughter talks about health and exercise as if it's a normal part of living now. LOL! She even takes part sometimes when I do my biggest loser workout dvd...lets just say she's better at the jumping jacks than I am! LOL! Hope you were able to fit that walk in this evening.

Hi Michelle! Glad you stopped by, don't be a stranger!

Kreen, it's nice to know that you feel comfortable enough here to call it your anchor thread. I'm glad you're finding what you need. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to have a good weigh in tomorrow...good luck!

Have a great night ladies, I'll see you tomorrow!

~Tina

LadyLai 08-31-2006 11:11 PM

Shyla, we must have posted at the same time. Sounds like you'll be having a house full. Enjoy your family! Hope to see you when you get a chance!

Louie 09-01-2006 09:27 AM

Morning Gals and TGIF !!

Just a quick fly by for me this morning before I head out the door to work. I will definately take some time this weekend to go back and read all the posts and get caught up !!

Hope you all have an enjoyable friday :)~

Get n healthy 09-01-2006 09:57 AM

Hey gals, Good scale news. I am down 1.8 this week. I was REALLY nervous about this week. I have done well all week but the scale didnt reflect that til this morning and with all the stress, i just didnt know what to expect.

I also have a couple of NSV. I have a shirt that i wear over a sleeve less shirt, it has always fit UNbuttoned, but never been able to button around my hips/bottom of my gut (my widest area). This morning i put it on and IT BUTTONED and it wasnt even a tight button. WOOOHOOO. Then a lady at work that i dont even talk to much told me should could really tell i was losing weight. Its great to hear it from people who know your losing weight but when someone tells you that doesnt even know your trying...that is an awesome feeling.

I wanted to thank all of you for helping me deal with bimbo all week. I know it is a bit off topic but i am SO reactionary. Usually i would have been knee deep in icecream and chocolate right now, i chose a different tack this time around with exercising instead of eating. Thank you all so much for your guidance and support. The soga still continues with bimbo but at least i feel i have learned how to react a different way that i did in the past. Boy, the stress sure gave my elliptical some abuse this week.

Tammy-I do the same thing with my scale at home. It will vary by up to 4 pounds. I dont know if it is how i stand on it or the floor but geeze, it can sure make you want to pull your hair out. I weighed 3 times this morning, ranging from losing 2 pounds to even gaining 2 pounds. I went and paced around the house wondering what to do. THen i decided, okay, the next weight is what i am going with. So luckily it was the exact same weight as the first time i weighed. So i went with that one. I dont know what WWW stands for either but i think you are right about it being something water weight.

Michelle-Hello. This is a great group. Look forward to losing weight with you.

Shyla-Hope you have a good visit with your family. And try to stay strong during the visit. I know when my inlaws come to town, its lots of treats for the kids and going out to eat with the family. Temptation is hard for me at a resturant.

Tina-Camping for me can be VERY good or VERY bad. Smores=bad. Lots of hiking=good. I have been thinking of taking the kids and hubby to a cabin on the lake instead of camping. I think if i can stay away from the camp fire, i can do without the smores while still getting to enjoy nature. I am just not strong enough yet to say no to smores when i KNOW my kids would make 500 of them.

Everybody buckle down and think healthy for the weekend. THis is my hardest part of the week...especially with a cookout day on monday.

RRVMMM 09-01-2006 10:24 AM

Ok just a quick pop in for me for now but I will be back later.

I did really well on eating and getting in some good exercise yesterday. I forgot about not weighing till next saturday and got on the scales this morning and they still say 231.

You girls are right about WWW having to do with water weight. WWW stands for Wierd Water Weight. Just something that was said in a post once and we picked up on it. We also have a fairy fat mother that we like to pass around in times of desperation.

Well better get to work.

LadyLai 09-01-2006 03:13 PM

Hey girlies, just popping in to say that I'll be leaving this evening for camping. I'll be back on Sunday. Thanks Stacy for the idea of hiking. I remember that the camp ground we're going to has some awesome hiking trails around the lake. You can be sure that I'll be making good use of them!

Have an awesome weekend ladies and I'll check in with you all when I get back. This is the last hoo-rahhhHHh before really getting the nose back to the grindstone.

~Tina