1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go!

You're on Page 11 of 38
Go to
  • Cheryl, Just a quick note to say I love those quilts. The fourth one is gorgeous. Love that white fabric zigzagging around the border.
  • Just finished my t-tapp total workout and am sweating buckets! Has to be a good thing right? lol

Just thought I'd say hi before the day gets crazy...my oldest son was up when I got up at 5:40 playing on the computer! He's never needed a ton of sleep, but 5 am is ridiculous! He's only 8! (I put him to bed last night at 7, but was still up at 8:15 when the other kids went to bed) He was soooo grouchy and I know he needs more sleep! ugh.

Anyway- I'll check back later. Rise and shine!
  • Good morning girls. Gotta be quick but will try to come back soon for a bit more. Scales were GREAT this morning. Absolutuly Wonderful at 225.5. I am on cloud 9 but not moving the ticker. You know how I am, I want at least 2 days of the same reading before I move it.

Well gotta get to work, you ladies have a wonderful day.
  • Hello all, well the scale is still up 3...dont know what the deal is. I am drinking water like it is going out of style today. Hoping to just break even in the morning for my weekly weigh in. My body is so weird, 2 weeks ago i lost 3.2, then 3.8, now up 3. I dont get it. I will just try to tell myself even if i weigh in tomorrow up 3 from last week, that still puts me at less than i was a month ago, so i will be happy with that...or at least i tell myself i will be fine with that.

Robbin- I am so glad your scale showed your hard work. How exciting. Your enthusiasm rubbed off on me and I am determined that i just have to be patient with this water issue or what ever the issue is. You are a great example that it WILL pay off eventually.

Jellynn-I am going to look into ttap, it sounds right up my alley.

Cheryl-We must have posted at the same time last night or something cause i just missed your pics of the quilts. Oh and they are beautiful. I cant even imagine how much time it took to do all those...just lovely.

Ok, back to work.
  • Evening girlies! The scales came down to 215 this morning. Certainly better than yesterday, but not back to where I was last weekend. I had a really on target day today, I feel really good about it. I still feel "heavy" but I am trying to be optimistic. This week has just been weird and frustrating.

Tammy, I guess the fluctuation will never be an easy thing to pin point. The one thing we do know about it, is that is totally sucks when you're going through it. I think we put too much faith in what the scale has to say anyways. One day it's our best friend, the next day you want to kill (if there were such a thing). We should stop and smell the fat loss so to speak. Our new lifestyles are more than what a scale will tell, it's how we're living our days in our new healthier lives. Now if I could just get myself to believe in all that when I am down and frustrated! LOL! I've been meaning to chime in about the vacation treat for reaching goal. My husband promised a trip to Hawaii to me, and he still is pretty addiment about it. I haven't told him how much I weighed or how many more pounds I need to lose. Once in a while, he'll ask when are we going to Hawaii to check on my progress. LOL! It'll be a total shocker if it really ever become a reality.

Cheryl, surprise, surprise! Your quilts are gorgeous!! I wouldn't be able to choose if I had the choice. Although the one with the kids looks awesome. Then again, it could be since I've been reading so much about it this past year...LOL! I feel attached! I'll say it again, you're so talented! I hope you're starting to feel better! And don't sweat that one pound!

Stacy, seems we're both fighting the strange phenomenon of fluctuation. From one frustrated women to another...just hang in there and keep doing what you know is right. As hard as it is to understand it sometimes and as hard as it to have faith in yourself, you'll never change the outcome if you give into your feelings overwhelmth. We can do this!

Louie, how did you like the Biggest Loser. I'm really glad it's back on, especially now! I do enjoy the show!

Emily, oh how I wish my body would be playing mind games and getting ready to drop a lot. But lets face it 212 was astonishing and unbelievable. I'll be estatic if I can get there again...soon! Thanks for the pep though! You're doing amazing with the exercise. All that exercise you should fit right in with the Biggest Loser gang, they seem to exercise all the time. I'm expecting some big loss news from you shortly!

Robbin, awesome news! You're only 5-1/2lbs. from getting your manicure, are you looking forward to it? Congrats on the loss!

Have a great night ladies! Let's hope for a lighter us in the A.M.!

TTFN!
    ~Tina
  • Evening Ladies...Woke up feeling much better, but by noon I was back in bed sleeping. I just feel drained. Doesn't help that the weather sucks! Cold and rainy, guess fall is here. Just hope the snows holds off till the end of November, that would really be nice. Thanks for all the nice complements on the quilts. It's my therapy when the foster kids stress me out. sewing keeps my hands busy and my mouth shut!!

Emily...Great job on getting your workout in so early in the morning. I need to kick my butt and gear and get busy. I really want to be below 299 by new years.

Robbin...WOW! 225, move the ticker!!! You have earned it!

Stacy...I had a big loss last week and I'm up this week. I think with exercising our bodies are just adjusting before we see a drop again.

Tina...You will be back to 212 in no time. You would think having the flu I would of loss some weight, but I'm the same. I did drink lots of diet 7-up yesterday and ate saltines. I hope to feel good enough tomorrow to exercise and not sleep my life away.

Tammy...I love all the quilts I make and it's so hard to part with them. They are all a labor of love and in the 7 years I have been quilting, I have made 36 quilts and only kept 1 for myself. I do plan on making another kid's quilt for myself, but it will be a wallhanging.

Well, I have to get up very early and get my hubby off to work and I need to get the FD's off to bed as well. Have a great evening.

Cheryl
  • Good Morning Good Morning, How are we all doing today? I am excellent, I get to change my ticker and I get another happy dance. YAY

Emily – it sounds like you are doing so good with your workouts. I wish there were a couple more hours in every day just so I could fit in a good work out every single day. But with my job and 4 kids and parent teacher conferences 2 evenings this week and those were on my walking nights I only got in 2 workouts. I am hoping for one tonight to make it 3.

Louie - your little nicknames are just too cute. You did great on skipping the bday cake congrats to you. I wish my hubby would cook my dinners for me. Ya think I could send him to your house for your hubby to give lessons?

Michelle – I have a feeling that next spring you will still feel great. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Stacy – the scales will recognize the hard work you are putting in very soon. Just keep doing what you know is the best for you and they will move. My scales only moved a couple of pounds from the beginning of July till the beginning of last week and wow they have moved a bunch since then. Your body can’t fight you forever. And on the note of your girl getting to be a teen, OH puberty is so much fun. LOL

Tina – I’m sorry to scare you about the teenage years but hey at least you now have some kind of warning. LOL and its not all bad I promise, but at one point unless they are a really dedicated student they are gonna slack off.

Cheryl – your quilts are BEAUTIFULE. I so wish I could sew better than I do and had the time for quilting. Maybe I should let you know that for Christmas I would like a quilt, LOL. Sorry you have been sick, hope you feel better soon.

Shawn – you mentioned my happy dancers and guess what, I added a new one today.

Tammy – you know the scale problems are more than likely just water weight so don’t get to discouraged. You have done so good and have come so far I hope you realize what an inspiration you are.

Well girls I gotta get to work, I will try to check back later but Fridays are very busy for me, so I might not be here again till tomorrow.
  • Good Morning Ladies

Just a quick check in from me as I get ready for work. The scale seems to finally be moving, but my official WI day is Sunday, so I wait until then to see if I can get it to move some more

Hope you all have a fantastic day and I will TTYS
  • TGiF!
    Good morning chick-a-roonies! Well, I am feeling lighter today. The scales are trying to become my friend again. This morning they read 213.5, only a pound and a half left to destroy! I am feeling really relieved that I can still do this!

Cheryl, yesterday we had cold and rainy weather too. I know how that makes you feel, especially when you're not feeling well. I hope you put the plug back in the drain and fill yourself up quickly!

Robbin, Yay! Move that ticker girl! Look at that, half way! I'm really excited for you. Don't worry next week there will be no more teacher/parent interviews so you can get back at your walking. However, you've done really well this week! Great job, congrats!

Louie, glad to hear things are looking up for you too! Can't wait to hear what your weigh in will be on sunday. You go girl! Let that Kirsty break out! LOL!

I gotta get on the treadmill to try and obliterate the extra 1-1/2lbs. See ya lator gators! Have an awesome day!

TTFN!
    ~Tina
  • Hello ladies, just a quick hello. FINALLY (and the angels sang) i am back down to my weight from LAST friday, plus a .6 loss. So wrap it up, i'll take it. Whew, i am just glad to get back to where i was. Yesterday was probably the hardest for me. I had convinced myself that i was going to be up for this week's weigh in and that scale almost defeated me. I didnt do my ellipitical, I ALWAYS do my ellipitical the day before weigh in, but i figured, why bother, nothing i do is going to make a difference at this point (cue the crying and whiney voice). Then i had peanut butter flavored junk cereal for a snack....i NEVER eat that stuff, but again, i was just about to throw in the towel for this week. Now i could kick myself for not doing the ellipitical and having that crappy snack, it could have been the difference between losing .6 and 1 lbs. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Tina-I'll hang in there if you'll hang in there. We are making progress. But sounds like both us of might be getting a break. I know what you mean about feeling relieved to see the scale finally going back where you want it. That scale can give you such self doubt. I am feeling lighter and better too today. It is amazing what just a couple of pounds of bloat will do to you.

Cheryl-I think you are right about our bodies just taking time to settle into a lower weight. I knew this was coming after 2 big losses in a row. But as much as i knew it was coming...its still the pits. Hope you feel better soon.

Robbin-Woohoo to you for getting to change that ticker. Dont you just LOVE that feeling. Thank you for being so encouraging this week...you are right, if i keep on keeping on, my body cant fight me forever.

Louie-Sounds like you might be able to move your ticker soon. Keep it up.

I do want to say a BIG to all of you for being so very encouraging this week while listening to my whine and worry, it has been a rough one for me.
  • Happy Saturday everyone! I got up at 7 (sleeping in for me, lol!) and putzed around for awhile. Went garage saling by myself for a little over an hour and now I'm putzing again, lol. I need to get a basic t-tapp workout in (15 min) and I thought I'd go walk around the lake today (2 mi) since it's supposed to be rest day from my couch to 5K running program. We'll see. If I don't get that walk in I might catch a matinee later and walk there and back (1 mi each way). We are having beautiful weather today!! It's been so chilly and gloomy this past week, it's wonderful!!!
    Yesterday did my walk/running on the treadmill-- feels good, but I still have a ways to go to where I was before I quit. Why do we do these things to ourselves?? So silly...

Anyway- have a wonderful weekend, ladies!
  • Hey girls whats up, not alot here. Did pretty good on eating yesterday till dinner when Itook the kids to McDonalds and ended up eating a Big Mac and fries but the scales were nice to me this morning and were down one more pound to 224.6 so I will not complaine or beat myself up. Hopefully they will show the same number tomorrow and I will change my ticker. I have done really good on food today and have been running my hind end off with cleaning house and baking for a bake sale then going to the boy's football game and comming home to do more cleaning and baking. LOL busy busy is my life. Hubby is out of town for the weekend so I have been flying solo on everything.

Well speaking of my kids I thought I would post a pic or two and show them off if you all don't mind. So here are my cuties. My daughter Vicki is 14, then my oldest boy Mike is almost 13, Matt my 6 year old is on the right and Mark my 5 year old and baby is in the middle. Then the second pic is of my beatuiful Vicki by herself.

Well I hear a fight starting between the boys so I better be off to play ref.

• Hi Louie, Glad to hear that you’re looking forward to weigh-in day. It certainly helps to see those scales validate our hard work doesn’t it!

Emily, My library has a book called Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes: t-tapp. I’ve borrowed it to look through it over the weekend.. I love the WATP series, but I need some muscle toning as well.

Robbin: congrats! I would be on too. You’ve had some nice losses lately and congrats on being over the half way mark! You have beautiful kids. I have a 14 year old son and a 12 year old daughter.

Stacey, Whew, so glad the scales moved back down for you. It’s not easy to have to fight the nasty little voice in the back of our head that says “Go ahead and eat this, it’s not going to make a difference anyway”. But you’re back down and a loss to boot, yoohoo!

Cheryl, I sure hope you’re feeling more energized today. After you spend so much time and effort on the quilts, I don’t know how you manage to give them away! But I’m thinking selfishly, I suppose some of the joy must come from the giving away. How did you learn to quilt?

Tina, It sounds like a good sign that your husband at least remembers that he promised you a trip. You’re doing so well, I’m sure you’ll be on that beach one day. I usually manage to stay pretty calm regardless of what the scale does. I weigh everyday, so I know it’s very normal for me to show up to a five pound difference day to day, depending on what I’ve eaten. As long as it keeps moving in the general down direction, I’m okay. I did have a three week plateau in July that was discouraging, then I lost four lbs overnight which finally put me at 100 lbs lost; so it was worth the wait. Lol

Very busy the last few days. Overload at work, football games, doctors appointments, ugghhh. We’ve been at home almost all day today though, except for when DS and I went grocery shopping. Today was DH birthday, so I’ve spent all afternoon making his favorite meal. Luckily, he has been “somersizing” right along with me and is pretty supportive when it comes to not eating or asking for things that would be hard for me to resist.

The scales are finally back to where they were last Saturday morning. I am so looking forward to breaking into the 220s. Hope it happens this week. I never had time to exercise yesterday and so far I haven’t today. I may still go do a couple of miles WATP, otherwise it will be very hard to make my exercise goal this month. I also feel very yucky that I’ve gone two days in a row without exercise. That hardly ever happens anymore and it concerns me that I could get out of the exercise habit too easily.

Take care everyone!
  • Good Morning ladies, for some reason my body decided it was time to get out of bed when I really wanted to sleep in today, go figure. Scales wern't so nice this morning by reading 226.2 but TOM has showed up so I am figureing that might be why. We have a full day planned with a Bake sale for my Military Family Support Group, which will put me directly in the path of temptation. I did great yesterday while I was baking for the sale but now that I go see all the finished results sitting on my kitchen counter I really want to pick at it. I did not make anything healthy at all, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Trail Mix Cookies, Peach Pound Cake and Surprise Cupcakes (white cupcakes with chocolate frosting and a miniature reese's peanut butter cup inside) it is almost to much for me to just pass right on bye and not have something. But I have it all wrapped up and ready to go to the sale so I and the kids will stay out of it.

Well I had better be on the move. I will try to get back here this evening for some personals.
  • Good morning all Yesterday ended up being sooo busy-- I did get my short t-tapp w/o, but no walk. I did, however, deep clean our van (took seats out, scrubbed walls, washed windows and vacuumed) so I did still have somewhat a cardio workout, lol! (and 4 kids are soooo disgusting!)

The scale read 224.8 this morning and I think I will take that for my weekly weigh-in I am planning to have my off-meal *and* planned dessert today so really think that's best, lol. Then I will have all week again to be OP.

Gotta get ready for church and get kids up soon, but will try to stop by later.