Old 08-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #76  

Smile

Sugar-N-Spice- I think you will be fine hon. I would advise you to set yourself out specific portions of healthier options, and do just like you said. Water, exersice. You can't go wrong with exersice anyway- but you will be a super well oiled machine if you can manage the rest.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #77  
I can do it this time.

I know all about the mind war. Aqua I do it all the time. Wanting something you know you cant have. Trying to make healthier choices. For some reason I'm always hungry. Expecially now that im working out I feel hungrier. Loosing weight is hard work! I've had all the im just gonna stay big or i was meant to be a big girl thoughts, and it just makes me wanna push harder through them. I litterally had to put a little piggie in my cabinet for all those times i go in there and im not really hungry or for those times where i think one cookie wont hurt...

Last edited by lovethatsara; 08-22-2006 at 05:41 PM.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #78  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Aqua I know what you mean I am doing the same here. The war of fighting off the demonds sometimes can get the best of you. I am jest glad we have all these Lovely ladies to help us out.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #79  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaChick View Post
It is still so hard, but it is more than a step- it is a LEAP in the right direction, and the more times we jump those pivot points the weaker those times become. I do believe though that we will have to watch ourselves for the rest of our lives. I think the desire is ever looming somewhere, so becoming the person that works out and just eats salad or healthier options may not be in our nature- but we force it into habit ( )
Thanks so much for this Aqua. I agree with you totally. We spent a long time cultivating the behavior that brought us to these weights. Even though we are learning to recognize the compulsions, that behavior is deeply ingrained in our psyches. We're literally deprogramming ourselves, aren't we? We'll just have to continue to go through the motions. We know what we should do and should not. We should do what we know is right regardless of what our feelings dictate.
I also think you're right about my being impatient. I just keep trying to remember how quickly a year goes by. So, if I can just continue for a year, just imagine what I will have accomplished? What will we will accomplish.

Liz - Thanks for your encouragement. You're right. No 2 pounds is not a plateau. I honestly don't know where my mind is today. Thank you for inserting a little common sense. Sometimes I need it.

Danielle - You always make me feel good about myself! Thank you so much. I think you and Liz are right. I probably do need to take some time off. I really like the company I work for. So it's sometimes hard for me to come to grips with the fact that I will experience burn out at times.
BTW, I think consistancy is the key to success. Regardless of the plan you're on. If you continue with the water, exercise and portion control you'll lose weight.

Bonnie - Just like Liz, thank you for inserting some common sense. It's crazy of me not to eat snacks. Especially with all this exercising. I think following your advice will make me feel a lot better.

Sara - Feel free to steal the reward. Wait for the end of the year sale though!!
I guess your working out has us in a similar boat. Bonnie is right. We should keep some healthy snacks around, so that our bodies won't think we're starving. And so we won't cheat! Water also helps with hunger pangs. Sometimes when we feel hunger we're actually thirsty.

Everyone - I'm so glad we're going through this together. Losing this weight is way too hard to go at alone. As supportive as my husband is, he has no idea what this is like. I'm excited for the success we're all going to have.
I guess I'm having multiple issues today! To those of you that are new here, this was me having a meltdown.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #80  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I want to see if my new updates are working? I hope I got this right.

Melissa I never thanked you for inviting me here to this forum. SO THANKS That whole water thing was a chore to do but I managed to get 57oz's down so far. Have fun at the lake. What lake are you going to?
Liz It sounds like you have a very interesting life with your careers and hobbies. Living in chicago has to be fun all by it self.
Aquachick Congrats on your new thighs. Nice compliments from friends and family are fixing to start pouring in, you just wait.
Amany Congrats on the weight loss. That is a number to be proud of. No number would be disappointing but 2lbs, thats great. I am staying fuller you are correct with the atkins diet but i am very dizzy. I don't think I like this feeling. I might have to introduce some small carbs back in. I might have to take Elycia advice on cutting out certain foods.
U2girl You go taebo lady. I have taebo but billy scares me also. He really talks his a;s of to you though.

I have to go figure out why I so dizzy right now. Its a little scary. see yah

trish
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #81  

Smile

lovethatsara-My gosh I totally understand what you feel. I have the weirdest moments. I can go all day, being a perfect health nut and luvin' every minute of it. But I turn into this beast somewhere after 6 PM. I get so mad, I want a cookie, I want a candy bar, I want I want I want... I know it isn't hunger in my case, it is the compulsion. So far I have been warding it off pretty good, but I have to ask myself often, usually during the day when I'm fine- when will it get easier. *sigh* I'm guessing when there is considerably more weight lost. I will have more on the line that I am not willing to surrender.

Butterfly50- That's right hon. I come here to take refuge from those demons a lot. To talk, look at my ticker, and see where I'm getting in all this.

Amany- You're welcome Amany. I know it seems like forever, but this struggle to lose weight for a year (and then maintenance of course) is way better than more years of continuing to baste ourselves because we have a problem with food. It affects out self esteem, appearance, health, and general well being. The long term affect of this shorter term battle is worth it. It's hard to remember that though when you are staring down a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

sapphire35- Thank you for the nice comment. I hope you are okay sweetie. Might be blood pressure. Try to rest.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #82  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon ladies!! oh so much going on here today and I missed it!! We had a great time at the lake, the drive up there is so beautiful as well as the drive back. Makes me LOVE my state! I dont think I'll ever leave. I managed to drink 2.5 24oz bottles of water up there too!!! But now I've got a pounding headache, I think its all the smoke in the air. So I'm gonna skip personals now, just had to throw some good vibes out there hoping everyone is having the BEST day! Amanda...YOU ROCK!!! Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! I'm so proud of the strides you are making, especially the last week or so!

Okay...off to recover before dinner needs to get started otherwise I fear the pizzaman may come knocking!!! Have a wonderful evening!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #83  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I just had to add...Trish, you've gotta be very careful when cutting carbs. Try to think SMART carbs not NO carbs. I think Aqua has a phrase she used in that regard but I cant remember what it was now. Your body needs carbs to function and that could be the reason for the dizzy....plus withdrawl. I hope it passes soon!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #84  

Angry Not a good Start

Okay, I am having a totally bad day..... and I just planned on starting my diet... Neeldess to say that it did not go so well. In fact, I woke up this morning, did some packing and took a shower. I swear that everything I own is tighter than ever. My pants were so freaking tight that I had the biggest mushroom cap ever. I wanted to just start screaming or crying. It made me feel like dirt. So anyway, that was the first bad hump... then I go to my parents... what is for dinner??? Pizza.... fan-freaking-tastic! So that was my second hump and it isnt even wednesday.... errrr

Congrats to everyone that is doing so great. I need to follow all of u and the incredible job you are all doing.....
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #85  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...probably go to my grave saying this... but..... weightloss is 99% MENTAL, the other 1% is the easy part (in comparison)---workouts, food, water. It's HOW we choose to go about (mental aspect), that 1% that gets so many of us in trouble! I am the first to admit that the mind games I play with myself is the sole reason why I have not succeeded at this yet. I know I am perfectly capable of eating right, drinking water til I float away, and working out for 2 hrs a day....but my mind has to want it. I am reading a book by Gineen Roth about compulsive overeating, what amazing insight this woman has. Another book of hers, "When you eat at the fridge, pull up a chair" has alot of comments about why we feel compelled to overeat like we do and how we can change them. It's been awhile, may have to drag that one out again and give it a browse for some ideas for us all! One of the great benefits to working at a bookstore at one time---I found some really great reads.

Trish, if you're doing Atkins, please please please make sure you've read the book first. There is too much at stake, (like your health), to go into something without knowing all the facts. You really need carbs everyday, and at least 20 no less (for Induction levels), all most predominantly from veggies( cheeses,eggs..). I'm not sure how closely you're following Induction so I'll leave it at that, but had to respond to your feeling of ickiness. Also, if you've been prone to high doses of sugar before, cutting back to low sugar eating will cause you to feel headachey for a few days. Take something for it by all means, no reason to suffer! But definitely yeah, make sure you're getting in those healthy carbs--your body needs them! Be smart-there's only 1 you!

Sara, I think you've got a good mindset right now to get the weight off. Everyday is just another chance to push thru and get to that goal. You can do this!!

Melissa, glad you had a great time at the lake. A shame that there's smoke to get in the way of that tho. WTG on the water!!! You'll be floating in no time! No pizza man, he doesn't deliver to your house any more, didn't I tell you?????

Tricia, I'm sorry you've had a rough day. Hang in there hon! Just know that you are doing something about those clothes now and before you know it, you'll be out having to buy new stuff cause everything's too big! Patience my lovely, you will get there!! Uh yeah, we won't even discuss pizza! I had to deal with my share of it last Friday, so know where you're coming from on that point! I hope you just did the best you could and know that the next meal can be different. Do you always eat at your parents? Do they know you're trying to lose weight? If you're there often I would suggest maybe bringing stuff you made so you know what you're getting with no surprises and it will keep you honest. Not to mention how great it will feel when you stick to whatever plan it is you do! Having that power of control is priceless and I know you can do it! Keep smiling chicky!

I have to tell you guys...on another board I go to for low carb stuff, I was reading a post by someone who was saying how she had "diet ADD" cause she kept flipping plans so much... this is EXACTLY how I feel! I swear, never know what I'm gonna be doing! Drives my dh nuts, I've been doing this for years now. Hhhhmmmm, think it explains why I have YET to lose this weight?! LOL
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #86  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Default im finally on track

hi everyone well since monday i have been determined to stay on track and put more effort with the dieting or shall i say change of lifestyle sunday i weighed in at 222 so that is my new starting points i drank 5 cups of water today way better than what i have been doing and i stayed pop
enough about me how is everyone i bet everybody is doing great if you have those bad days dont give up look how long it took to get my butt into gear
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Woops. I haven't been on a scale in a while and was estimating my weight to be 165 based on the way my clothes were fitting me. Imagine my dismay when I got home and weighed myself on my brand new scale and discovered that I am actually 189! I can't believe I was off by over 20 pounds! Aggghhh! Well, I'm especially glad that I have the support of you lovely ladies right now because I need it!

Last edited by iwantnewpants; 08-22-2006 at 08:52 PM.
iwantnewpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #88  
I can do it this time.

Aqua - I'm having trouble the most staying away from Icecream. I was a big Icecream eater. I havent had Icecream since before June and there is icecream in the freezer. I've been craving a bannana split. The only thing healthy in that is the banana. I'm chosing not to have one because i know it would ruin my overall goal. But boy is it hard! 11 weeks without icecream... Dang!
Hunnie, Glad to see you having fun at the lake, love to hear more about it. You drank lots of water! I'm only on my third water bottle with 3 more to hit my daily goal. Anything else happening with you?
Trish, be easy on yourself. We all have slipped before. You just gotta realize tomorrow you can be extra careful. We are here to support eachother I know you will be able to achieve your goal
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #89  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Mia, its great to see you! I was wondering where you'd wandered off to. 'Atta girl, great going with the water today! Baby steps right?

Liz, I'm sorry the ESM (evil scale monster) was not kind to you tonight. Those extra 20 will be gone in no time. Especially with all that walking lady, put us all to shame! We're here when you need us (or even when ya dont! ) all ya gotta do is yell! Support is the name of the game sister, you asked for it you got it!!

Sara, ice cream is my all time fave thing to eat EVER. I am really really proud of you for making 11 days already!!! You can do this sweetie, we're all behind you 100%.

Alrighty, well dinner's done, kitchen cleaned...time to get my reality tv fix so I'll see ya girlies in a little bit!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #90  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Iwantnewpants I know what you mean when I got a new scale I did the same I almost set down and cried.

Mia Congrats on the water you did good I drank 5 bottles of water was so busy cooking dinner and running around after dinner that I didnt get the last one in.

Danielle I total agree with you . My doc says that I wont lose weight till I tell myself that Iam going to and I have to want to.

Tricia Sorry to hear that things didnt go well for you this week. I agree when you go out take along something jest in case. I do when I vist my sister I take along my own contanier of food . I am telling you I think that our bodies need carbs the good ones verses the bad. Our bodies are in shock when we take all of this away from it at once.

Melissa I hope that you had a wonderful time with your children at the lake. Congrats on the water .

Well I better be running to bed have to get up at 5am to get my son Up for school tomorrow. Then the girls follow at 6:30.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote