Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Morning Jane and Sassy. Hope everyone had a wonderful week-end.

Jane- We have put off packing, which is killing me. I am one who likes to dig in and get it done. If it were up to me the whole house would be packed and ready to go. Mom is getting her things packed and I think she is antsy to move. Yes, she is going to live with us and I am so excited.

Sassy- Have a good day and I think your comforter sounds like it will do nicely.

It was breezy and overcast here earlier so I got out for a quick 1.8 mile walk. Hopefully I can do it again tonight. But, it is now pouring down rain. I am doing laundry and bedclothes this morning.
I started calorie counting and must say I am getting rather used to oatmeal for breakfast. I am going to have 1/2 english muffin for a morning snack. Lunch is going to be fruit salad also low fat cheese and tomato slices on lettuce drizzled with oil/vinegar. Fixing a beef roast with lots of veggies for dinner.

Weighed in and am proud to say I lost the elusive 3 pounds (I had been gaining and losing) and lost 1 more. I think my only real slip last week was the shake from McD's. "fingers crossed' that this week goes as well.

Hi Wolfena...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #17  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally

Hi All! I actually have some time to stop on in. This place is nutso - so yep I am already looking forward to next years vacation LOL

Jane... Your washer died or the cycle just stopped?

Sassy... you got a comforter for 20??? DEAL!!!

Sue WHOOHOO on the 3 lbs -- WAY TO GO!

Marti ok what is Jhanai?

Have a great day to all & Hi's out to Michelle, Katie, Cristina (did you get my pm?), & Alex (and anyone else I missed) ---

Time to go for my weigh in (UGH)

Old 08-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies!

Jane - Nope no special plans. We might meet up with a friend of ours but that is probably it. Hub had his training today so he had to be @ work @ 2 pm. He should be done soon though.

Sue - TY and Congrats on the 3 pounds! Your menu sounds yummy too! Good going on the walk. I need to get my WATP out and do that.

Robin - Hi ya! Glad you got a chance to stop in! TY yes we got a "deal", I couldn't pass it up for that price.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Day! I will be "joining" you all tonight by going to bed early and getting up early in the morning for my training. Nightshift Girl has to transform into "Dayshift Girl" for one day! lolllllll. At least its only 3 hrs!

to all the people in "Lurkdom"
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies, just a quick note to say I've got stuff to do tomorrow and don't know when I'll be in. Mary's going to touch up my hair, then Madison and I are going grocery shopping, and I have to run some other errands, too.

So be good, and I'll see ya later.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Well, I did get another walk in tonight..a 2 miler. I didn't have the lunch I planned as DH came in and needed some help. By the time I got around to lunch it was time to start dinner, so I just had some cucumber slices and a clementine. I can have today's lunch tomorrow.
Feeling good about everything today..now to see how long it lasts.

Hi to all ladies and I will be here bright and early tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello Ladies,
Just a note to let you know that I'm still counting calories and do very well with it but still seem to be exercise challenged. I've got to do more. I check in to see how you are all doing each day and you are all an inspiration. Keep up the good work and I'll peak in tomorrow.
Norma
Old 08-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #22  
~Believe~

Morning Ladies.

I am feeling really crappy this morning...............I wish the training was cancelled for today, but I checked my work email and so far, nothing about cancellation.............

Oh well at least I will get it done and over with.

I hope you all are having a better morning than me.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Gals!

I've been having some computer issues all weekend and had to wait until James got home to fix it. I was unable to get online, and when I did....it would freeze and kick me right off. Very frustrating.

Since I'm a little behind, I will skip the individuals for next time.

Jhanai & I had a great weekend. We went to see my grandpa. He's doing great. He looks great. Still hurting but that's to be expected after falling off a roof. But he's home now and healing very nicely.

We also started making our christmas gifts. We have a large family and we figured, we better start now if we're going to get any of it done. Jhanai plans on making scarves for some of the family gals....hoping I get one too!

Tomorrow I took the day off to spend w/my hubby. Haven't got to spend quality time w/him in over 2wks! And that's just toooooo long! The Lane County Fair is going on and we plan on checking it out.

Ok....I need to hit the showers, so I best get.

I will catch up w/you all later!!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #24  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Morning all!

Sue... a 2 mile walk is awesome!

Sassy... sorry you don't feel well! I agree though, get it done & over with that way you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Where has summer gone? I swear it flies by while winter drags! My dh actually starting giving me Christmas ideas! UGH are you serious???? LOL

Well I decided to change my plan around a bit seeing how I maintain this weight too well So let's see what happens now.

I am trying to sell my Bowflex Ultimate XLTU, wish me luck!

HI TO EVERYONE!!! HAVE A SUPER DAY!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #25  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Marti -- we posted at same time ---- he fell off a roof??? what was he doing on the roof? that makes me think of my DH grandpa, 82 and re-roofing his house! what??? we made him come down & finished it ourselves, he never told anyone he was going to do it "cause it is my roof and my job" - ummm not at 82 with a bad heart it isn't. Stubborn man he was!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #26  
I can dream, can't I?

Good afternoon ladies. I have done okay with my food today, but haven't walked yet. Hoping it will cool off and my sinuses will quit acting up by evening. My ears are hurting too....feel like I have been swimming and got waterlogged. It is a strange sensation.
Didn't do anything except go to the house and look over the light fixtures and fans. Those are going up today.
I am making chicken and rice for dinner and hope I can stay within my calories. Looking for a good calorie counter.
Hope you all have a good afternoon. I think I am going to take a nap....something I rarely do.

BBL
Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #27  
~Believe~

Good Evening, Ladies!

I feel much better now. I am very glad that the training is done and out of the way!!!!!!!!! I even met some "new" people! (they were all mostly new hires) So it wasn't all bad!

After I came home, I went back to bed, I was sooooooo tired! So after getting some more sleep, I feel a lot better!

The owner of our apt. complex called my hub today about their computer needing worked on and they are going to work out something so they will take off some $$ off our rent for him fixing their computer. Which is very cool, we love bartering! Hub talked to them about him fixing their computer when they met a while back. (the owners took back over managing the complex after they had problems with a management co.)

So that is cool. Our vets are big into bartering as well. Hub has fixed their computers and helped them move so they have given us free vet services for our two kitties before.

Yes I know Christmas isn't that far off. I actually want to start thinking soon as well. Maybe we could have a Christmas tips thread going? I need some help on what to get for my in-laws. They are the type that have "everything" and want nothing! lol.

They already bought us our bday, anniversary, and xmas gift -- its the bed we're getting delivered Thursday!

I haven't been a good girl today. On the way home from my training I stopped at Arby's and instead of buying a salad, like I did for hub (he loves their salads), I got a BLT sandwich & fries.

I have a hard time eatting salads all the time like hub does. I think I am going to have to just modify what I eat. I plan on cooking while off so we can take some food into work instead of eating out.

I told hub that we could buy nice veggies and fruits and make our own salads instead of buying them at fast food places. He found he really loves the Martha's Vineyard Salad @ Arby's and it has chicken breast, fruits and veggies in it. I said well we can make that at home and probably even better!

So we are going to try. My main thing is getting the energy to exercise......

Well I hope you all have a Great Night!

Old 08-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Sue - congrats on the 4 pounds down! Makes you feel good, doesn't it? I think it's so great that your mom is going to live with you. That says something good about your DH, too. What a blessing you both are to her. Have you checked out the calorie counter right here at 3FC? There's a link right on the main home page, with over 7000 foods listed. Here's the direct link: www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ (hope that works!)

Robin - thankfully, there's nothing wrong with the washer. I meant that it had stopped, and I needed to go hang out the sheets. How was your weigh in? What are you changing about your plan? You oughta join us at the challenge!

Cristina - about sheets, I do usually buy them at Penney's. For one thing, they were reported as the one company who consistantly had the correct thread count that the package said. Some company (I forget which one) was selling 400 thread count sheets but was counting 200 per side!! For another reason, that's the only major chain we have around here that isn't a discount store. I shop at Walmart and Kmart, but it's hard to find the sheets I like there. Like you, I hate spending $$$ on sheets, but I do love comfortable ones, lol.

Sassy - so how was Dayshift? Are you off now until tomorrow night?

Norma - you're an inspiration to us, too, hon.

Marti - glad your computer is all better. Glad your grandpa is better, too. So how are you and Jhanai making the scarves? With the cut fringe? Have fun at the fair tomorrow. It was so hot and humid here during our fair that we didn't go.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I had fun with Madison today. I took her in my van through a carwash, and she thought that was tons of fun, lol. Then we went to the orchard to buy peaches. (We have no peaches this year, and very few apples, either.) Before her nap, she asked me to rock her, and of course I happily did. Since she's past 4, that doesn't happen often anymore. I'm not sure who got the most out of it - her or me. Caylin's turn is next, lol.

See ya on the flip side, girls!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Thanks Jane. I am going to that calorie counter right now. I knew about it and forgot.
Had a good eating day and did stay OP. I just felt groggy all day and took a nap. I think it is my sinus meds. I have a Dr. appt. next week for my yearly check-up so didn't want to go in this week for sinus. Might have to if it continues. Needless to say I didn't walk or do WATP.

I will gab more next time.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #30  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Morning All! I need coffee!

Sassy.. I know as much as I hate to say it, the Holidays will be here way too quick. It is 51 degrees out now for crying out loud! My in-laws are difficult too. They too have everything (as well as the grandparents) and hate to get gift cards. Then if they do put something on a list, you can NEVER find it! UGH

Sue... I changed my meals around after I am still at 162 so we will see if this helps and I cut 1 starch and changed my protein (2 a day) from 3oz to 2oz. I am going to go hit the scale at lunch for fun LOL

Is that legal to miscount sheets like that? I know I need new sheets I just hate paying all that $$ for them.

Not much new here, I can't wait for school to start only so I can stop paying the outrageous summer camp fees (they have to be in a summer program as we don't want them to just sit in front of a TV all day and we work...)

Have a great morning all!
Closed Thread