Old 06-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #31  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Sorry you're sick, Jen...But CONGRATS on your breaking 300!!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #32  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Kimberley! And it keeps going down! I'm starting to add more food, so I hope I don't gain it all back!

I'm feeling a little better each day. I still have to take it easy, so I just walked on the treadmill at the gym at a nice pace--enough to feel it, but not enough to do any harm. I'm afraid if I don't get back to the gym NOW it will be even harder to get back later.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #33  
Howie6267's Honey

I'm struggling today, just having a hard time emotionally because Howie's having a rough time himself. He's still waiting to hear whether he's being hired at another firm.

My dreams are stressful again - darned college dreams where I can't find the classroom, or my schedule, or any number of things -- and I know I've been clenching and grinding my teeth because my jaw is really sore during the day now. Good thing I have that custom splint to wear at night, or my teeth would be ground down to little nubs in a week! LOL

I've gone straight for the comfort foods a few times this week, too. Aaaaaargh.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #34  
Howie6267's Honey

We're still in limbo about Howie's moving to the other company, but I have good news. I have a job interview Monday at 2:00pm! It's at a local mortgage company for a post closing person (go over all the paperwork and make sure it's all in order, all signatures are there, addresses and names match, etc.); I wasn't even aware of the opening, but a friend who works there turned in my resume and gave her recommendation. Someone from the department called Saturday to tell me about it and ask me if I'd like to interview for it. Would I? It pays more than I expected to make and it's within walking distance if I'm diligent enough to walk there. LOL
Old 06-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #35  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Kimberley, that sounds like an awesome opportunity! And I always have so much more confidence when they basically contact you first, like in this situation when you didn't even know about the available position--it shows they're really interested! And close enough to walk is always an added bonus.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Jen, even if not 100% quite yet--anything is an improvement when you've been sick. And woohoo for the 200s!!!

I missed my TOPS meeting this week because I ended up working till about 7 that night--busy busy week at work, but it should slow down soon, as our major proposal we've been working on is due on Tuesday at noon. Then things should setlle back into a more normal routine for a while for me--or at least until the next big proposal hits
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 AM   #36  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, Jill - good to see you.

My blouses and skirts are both ironed, ready for my interview(s) this week. Wish I'd gotten my hair cut over the weekend now, grrr! Ah well, out comes the round brush and lots of mousse.

TOM started today, which would help explain my insane cravings for carbs this last week and my emotional ups and downs (aside from Howie's interview stuff and my own job search!).

Howie's friend golfed with the other business' hiring manager Saturday. The guy doesn't know Howie is a mutual friend. He mentioned Howie by name, saying his skills would transfer fine to the new software. Thing is, the company's deciding whether or not to keep their direct mail department. If they do, it sounds like Howie is someone they like. It may be 3-4 weeks before they decide what direction they're taking. Aaaargh.

He realizes he really does have good co-workers at his job, it's just the company as a whole that stinks. He's fine with sticking it out until May, but if he gets a good offer somewhere, he's outta there.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #37  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi ladies!

I'm feeling 100% again! Had a fun weekend--had a pool party at a friend's that lasted until about 2 am! I was really dragging the next day--I think it was too soon after being sick to not get rest. I paid for it all day Saturday. Spent Sunday doing domestic things. I made Sunday dinner again--roast, mashed cauliflower ( a great low carb alternative to the real thing!), crescent rolls, and corn. I totally forgot about a green veg for the meal--DOH!!

Anyway, it's back on my mostly liquid plan again. I've had to eat more solid things the past week due to taking the antibiotics. My last day for the meds is Wednesday, thank goodness!

Kimberley: that job sounds GREAT! Not too high stress, and close enough to walk!!

Jill: Here's to gettinng past deadlines!!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #38  
Howie6267's Honey

The interview went exceptionally well. Call-backs for second interviews will happen tomorrow and I am confident I'll get one. I have a feeling they'll offer me the job. I'm already mourning my freedom, but it will be good to have the income. Not only that, but truth be told, I will probably benefit from having a schedule.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #39  
Shairing her ESH...

I know I benefit from having a schedule! Five days a week, I can pretty much control my food and such during the day. I think it will be helpful for you.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #40  
Howie6267's Honey

Well, I'm still looking -- I didn't get a second interview. I'm actually pretty relieved, because the job description didn't appeal to me at all. I couldn't imagine sitting there doing paperwork like that day in and day out. Since my resume emphasizes my creativity and people skills, maybe they couldn't imagine me doing that for very long, either.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:33 AM   #41  
Eating for two!

No offense, Kimberley, but I'm glad you didn't get the job...you're way too creative to be a paper pusher

As for me, I quit my part-time job editing secret shopper reports from home. A new guy took over the accounts, and he is kind of a jerk and sooo not worth dealing with for a little side job. I felt really good, though, because when I submitted my letter (via email), I CCed the head of the department, and she called me asking if there was any way I'd still be willing to help, and when I explained that I'd prefer not to work with this guy, she actually told me she understood and then said I could use her as a reference anytime because I was always so detailed and professional and responsive...really made me feel good that she recognized I was a good worker even though I'd never met the woman in person--I bet she didn't know I was only 23 years old

As for food, I've been eating crap lately (an entire medium stuffed-crust pizza throughout the weekend, Olive Garden on Sunday, McDonald's on Monday, an entire bag of peanut butter M&Ms yesterday...), yet my scale says I'm down 2 pounds since Monday and only up 1 pound since my last TOPS meeting (2 weeks ago). Who knows how these things work...
Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #42  
Shairing her ESH...

Our bodies are weird arent they Jill? Sometimes, when you work hard, you get no results, but when you eat crap, the scale drops!

I'm now officially off all my prescription meds! Now I can get my body back to normal. The yeast infection I develeloped as a result of the antibiotics is clearing up too. I've got no excuse for being off plan now, so I better stick to it!

Kimberley, good luck with the search. I know you'll find something you are more suited for!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #43  
Howie6267's Honey

Thanks, gals. I feel so subdued today, just really tired. All the anticipation and mental workings this week culminated yesterday and now I'm left feeling drained and depressed. Howie's been working his tail off on an order at work, several 12-hour days in the last week. He's tired and frustrated. Blah.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #44  
Shairing her ESH...

Hello ladies--it's a new week! And only GOOD things will happen for us! We'll all be binge-free and on plan! And we will get all those other rough spots in our lives smoothed out!

(If I sound like I am trying to convince myself--well, that's because it is true! )
Old 06-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #45  
Eating for two!

Hola, chicas! I'm still hovering about the same weight-wise, so at least I'm not up at all. Life's getting a little hectic--work is picking up again, and my sister has asked me to write a proposal letter for her to ask her company if she can work from home.

Tomorrow, I have a job interview. Yup, I've been at my current job for exactly 3 months tomorrow, but I kept my resume up on Monster (as anonymous, so no one could see my name or direct contact info). I had my minimum acceptable salary listed as $10k more than I make now, and I've been getting some responses. I have ignored most of them, but this one is closer to home and would be working with proposals (which I do now) but with added responsibility, so it would really be a good career move, I think. I never thought I would make a career of tech writing, but I really enjoy the writing/marketing combo of proposals, so might as well make what I can of it! I'm feeling bad about possibly leaving a job so soon, but I could really use both the money and the experience. I need to tell my conscience to hush up and remind myself that I am worth it Normally, I would worry that having a job on my resume for only 3-4 months would look bad in the future, but I think it's explainable and actually not all too uncommon around this area, since lots of people are involved in contract work, which can be quite flighty and short-term. Anyway, I'm going to the interview tomorrow after a successful phone interview earlier today, so we'll see...