Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #16  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

Nothing new really happening here....My weight this morning was still 300--I'm teetering on the edge of Two-ville! I hope to be over the hump in the next day or two. I'm pushing the water to get there. It's so frustrating!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sure all that water will flush out that extra fraction of a pound for you in no time, Jen! The water's certainly been helping me this week--according to my home scale this morning, I should be down about 2 pounds at my TOPS meeting tonight (my scale said 2, but at TOPS, it could be slightly different since their scale measures to the tenth of a pound, but they round to the next quarter up--my home scale only measures to the half). But yeah, I've definitely been drinking lots of water (over 4 liters yesterday, not including the diet soda I had with dinner). I also kept my calories pretty low again yesterday. This weekend will be a bit of a test, as we're going to be with Jeff's family for his cousin's high school graduation, so that means family picnic food. I usually do pretty well, though--I think it's a mental thing that I don't want people to see me eating too much because they'll just think, "Oh, surprise, surprise, the fat girl is scarfing all the food," and I don't ever want people to think that of me.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #18  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

** Nudge **

There, that should do it, Jen: I nudged you to two-ville!

Howie had a big scare yesterday. HR called him at home and asked him to come into work so they could talk. He's on vacation, so he knew it couldn't be good. The upshot is, he is going to be laid off. The good news is, his last scheduled day is May 31, 2007. Thank God, he has nearly a year to find something else.

They offered to transfer him to DePere, Wisconsin at that time, but we really don't want to move. We can't fathom the hassle of moving and selling our house, all for a company which has round after round of layoff's. Besides that we love it here!

I was about 100-150 over my calories yesterday, but a lot of it was veggies since I had a Subway tuna salad for lunch and a grilled chicken salad for dinner.

Jill, is there something you can do in that interim between when you get home and when Jeff does? How long a period of time is it? Maybe you need to have a set plan for a snack you allow yourself so it's planned. Or maybe you could take that time to take a walk. You might get to know your neighbors if you did the latter, and make some friends right where you live. How can we help you avoid temptation in those hours?

I can't believe the price of real estate in other parts of the country. You can buy a nice house in our area for $300K. Wow. I would not want to live in a highrise condo, personally; to me, it would be just like living in an apartment, save the possibility of making some money on its eventual sale.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

[QUOTE=Gardenwife
Jill, is there something you can do in that interim between when you get home and when Jeff does? How long a period of time is it? Maybe you need to have a set plan for a snack you allow yourself so it's planned. Or maybe you could take that time to take a walk. You might get to know your neighbors if you did the latter, and make some friends right where you live. How can we help you avoid temptation in those hours?

[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing, Kimberley! Jill, I don't know if you can afford a gym or not, but that would be a good time to do it. Or at least do some kind of exercise. Is there a community center close by where you can work out? or does your apartment complex have a place to work out?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #20  
Eating for two!

Oh, I definitely have the option to exercise. I don't have a gym membership anymore, but I have plenty of videos, a stability ball, and sidewalks outside. I'm just a lazy bum--no one's fault but my own. When I get home from work, I just feel like doing NOTHING...I guess that's the down side of the faster-paced job. I eat strictly our of boredom or "because it's there." I do plan snacks to have--sometimes yogurt or a fudgesicle or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich--but I always just end up eating pretty much everything I can find (slices of cheese, fruit, whole-wheat pitas...). It's not bad stuff, just too much stuff.

As much as I would love to think I could meet people around here just by walking, the majority of my neighbors don't speak fluent English (some Spanish, many Middle Eastern/Indian), and those that do are much more likely to stare at the ground or a tree or whatever to avoid eye contact. So is life near the city...

But yeah, I've mentioned myself before that after work would be an ideal time to exercise. I just have zero motivation/energy (I often end up napping) at that time of day. I know I need to just suck it up and do it. I know next month, we are starting an exercise challenge at TOPS, so that will help with the motivation (since I'm pretty competitive ). Until then, I just need to be strong and get of my big lazy butt
Old 06-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

I know for me, exercise gives me lots of extra energy, so I don't WANT to nap when I get home! The TOPS challenge sounds great! Good luck with that!

My doctor called with the results of my biopsy--everything looks normal!! I'll go back in October for another follow-up.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #22  
Howie6267's Honey

Jen, I'm so glad to hear your good news! That was a good turnaround time on labs, too.

We bought more marked-down broken bags of mulch today and that's what I spent the late afternoon and evening doing...Mulching! I used our cart and a shovel this time, though, no crawling around on the ground.

We picked up a new hammock at Target, but both Howie and I are uncomfortable on it. It's a sling hammock of a tightly-woven polyester and it just doesn't have the give of a rope hammock. So, I've ordered a Pawleys Island DuraCord rope hammock for $10 less than we paid at Target for the sling hammock. I can't WAIT until it gets here!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hi gals! Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive! Barely posting these days though, between work, exercise and summer events I barely have any time for anything else. It's all good though

Jen I'm so happy for you, you are SO close to being under 300! Keep up the great work

I'm gonna go get into bed, I am hoping that a fullnights sleep will make this silly flu I've got go away.. I tell yah, stress really wrecks your immune system! I hope to catch up soon...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #24  
Eating for two!

Jen--I agree with Kimberley...very quick turnaround on those test reults...keep that lab! Glad the results were normal!

Aimee--glad to see you stop by! I know it's a busy time of year for summer activities...this weekend, we have to drive all over the place for Jeff's cousin's high school graduation. Hope you get over your flu soon!

Kimberley--mmm...hammock sounds nice. I know what you mean, though--the rope ones really are more comfortable the way they kinda conform to your body. We had one at the beach house when we went down for my sister's wedding a couple months ago, and when I went on a cruise in high school, we stopped on a private island owned by the cruise line where they has just hundreds of hammocks tied to the palm trees...it was AMAZING.

As for me, I was actually down 3.5 pounds last night according to the TOPS scale. I checked my weight book--the first time I hit this same weight on my way down from over 300 was last July. Kinda sad that in a year, I'm in about the same place But at least it's better than having gained, and it's still less than when I started.

Oh, did I tell you guys my sister is now expecting? She called me on Memorial Day to tell me she was pregnant. They leave for their honeymoon (week-long Alaskan cruise) today. I hope she doesn't get morning sickness during their trip. I love her to death, and I can't WAIT to have another neice or nephew to spoil, but she's kinda high-maintenance, so I'm not really looking forward to the next 9 months...ssshh, don't tell She's already called me asking all kinds of questions and going into waaaay too much detail about things I either don't know or don't care about. Even my mother said it's going to be a loooong 9 months But, eye on the prize...I'm very excited to be an auntie soon
Old 06-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #25  
Shairing her ESH...

Congratulations, Auntie Jill! That is great news! And great job on the weight loss! I think you'll be seeing your numbers keep going down!

Aimee: Glad to see ya girl! Be sure to stay in touch!

Kimberley: I've not really ever laid in a hammock--have always been afraid I would break one!

I am so sleepy this morning! We got to bed too late last night after grocery shopping--$155!! Hopefully it will last a couple of weeks. We got lots of meat (there were some great sales on!). I'm planning to do an old fashioned Sunday dinner with a roast, potatoes, veggies, and dinner rolls. Fun stuff!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #26  
Howie6267's Honey

We have a few high-maintenance friends and relatives; your secret's safe with us. Isn't it funny how something as simple as a hammock evokes such good feelings and cheap entertainment? They're just magical how they cradle us and melt worries away.

I'm down 2 pounds this week! A lot of it water weight I shed while working outside yesterday, I'm sure. But I did eat better this week, finally. Howie really helps me keep on track; when he's back at it, I tend to be, too.

We again discussed how we need to count the calories even on our treat days and just allow ourselves 600 extra. We've had treat days that end up with us consuming 5000 calories, and that's just insane! We need to keep telling ourselves, "we are not those people anymore" and live that truth.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 06-09-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #27  
Howie6267's Honey

Jen -- our hammock has a 450lb weight limit and the stand has, I think, a 600lb limit. They're made to hold two people, so you'd be fine! When you get a house, make sure you get a hammock.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #28  
Shairing her ESH...

Okay, so I'm gonnaask ya, Kimberley....since those things are made for two, have you and your hubby, um....been intimate in one?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #29  
Howie6267's Honey

LOL! You know, I think a hammock may be the one thing we have christened at our house.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #30  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi gals! So no one has posted here in three days?? At least I've got an excuse!

I've been at home for the past two days with a severe throat infection (pharnyxitis). It feels like a golfball is in my throat! I'm on some heavy anti-biotics and steroids for the swelling in my throat.

One of the "upsides" of my illness is I finally broke 300!