Old 06-05-2006, 01:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sitting here bored as all can be. No training today, instead I have got lumbered with a manual for PM reporting. Boring!!!!!

However they will have to be able to do it, so I will do the best I can in the limited time available - like hey, you've got no training Monday and Thursday, review this 126 slide power point and sort out some sort of manual for them to look at and do. You can delete some of the slides and oh by the way this is what you will be training at the end of the month. Oh and yes before you start that, can you take a look at this for me? Oh and.........

That's my job I guess.

Hope all is going well out there.
Can't reply to everyone - not that everyone is here anyway. Where is that Painterwoman???
Oh that's right it is still the weekend in other parts of the world. Oh well have a good one. I'd better get on with it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 AM   #17  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Challenged finished. I definitely broke my sugar fixation and don't miss it a bit. I don't see me going back to it at all. Thanks, Happy. It's gotten really hot so I'm not going to be keeping up with 20 minutes of running every day. I'll do what I can, though! Good challenge!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Congratulations Tig!!! and a little bit of this That is WONDERFUL that you have stuck with and completed your challenge. Glad that it took you to another, better, step in your life! So the heat is heading your way, is it?

Shad, does not sound like it's a "hit the bricks dancing" oh I'm so excited to be here kind of day, is it? But you will sort it out. Congrats on the nice kudos you got the other day. Not too often that a place will take the time to tell you they thought you are fantastic. May you never cross paths with the twit again.

Ceejay so will you be switching eating plans over from South Beach to the plan you just came across? Looks like some storms just kissed your side of town this weekend.

Good heaven, a whole week WITHOUT Mel? It sounds tho as if you are well organized and ready to face a very busy week. Don't forget to enjoy yourself a bit and be mindful of overstressing those arms. Hurry back! I didn't understand your remark "I didn't see the snow people" but then I realized it was the way I wrote it. There's no snow people - it was more look at the (picture of the ) SNOW (all you) PEOPLE! Don't mind me, I know what I'm thinking, I don't always convey it.

Nae, I was finally able to connect up with the eagle cam. It really is something special to watch. A friend of ours let us use her summer cabin up in Wisconsin. It's a popular place for eagles roosting. We had some great shots of the adults but nothing compares to being able to watch these fledglings. Thanks for sharing this with us A new scooter - that sounds like fun! What will you do in the winter tho? I take it that this is all open like a motorbike. Would be a mighty cold ride even in the fall? Or is this your option for half the year?

Suzi, glad you were able to catch up with us. Is everything all planned for your trip to Florida? When are you going?

How was your weekend Madcat?

Mine went too fast as it always does. Seems like I didn't get near as much done as I wanted to. But I just keep plugging away, a bit here, a bit there and eventually it all gets done THEN IT'S TIME TO DO IT ALL AGAIN

Off to earn a living now... to the missing ones - come out, come out whereever you are
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I forgot to log out of this sight yesterday. Shame on me.

Happy--I've started the diet that I was on a couple of years ago. It's very simple to follow. I didn't do the eggs this morning however and chose another protein that has less cholesterol. My nephew is really into making smoothies. It is an easy way to get the fruits or veggies in for the day,

Poor Shad -Slaving away on the manual. Good luck.

Tig--Congratulations on breaking the sugar habit.

Not much going on today except the Scada system finally gave up the ghost.
Yipee is all I can say on that. It's been a pain since day one.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #20  
Radiate self!

Default Allegedly summer is around the corner

I twisted my knee somehow going up/down the stairs. So I haven't exercised. Feels better today, just a twinge going up the stairs. I managed to not get bogged down in carbs, so I'm doing alright on the eating. Trying to get more fruit. Not talk down to myself. Not be an all or nothing eater/exerciser. I do a bit, think a bit, do a bit more, think a bit more Chatelaine magazine had a nice little article about willpower this monthhttp://www.chatelaine.com/health/art...10_132751_2660

Happy-oh luck you! Your mom is coming I remember the stories from her last visit. I hope you both have a wonderful visit. You are so lucky to still have your mom in your life. Enjoy. Is it legal to work till 9pm? I guess I wouldn't be a very dedicated employee. I always think the stuff can wait till normal working hours The juices you are making sound totally delicious. I need to get some frozen peaches and strawberries, I want a yogurt smoothie

Tig-well done on the challenge! May it never take up space on your tongue or hips again! The sugar is a big draw for me. My GoodHost iced tea alone must be laden with a cup per glass, I always find a slurry in the bottom.

Mel-more duties that need your attention! Do you guys down in the US have an election every six months or something? Seems like only a short time ago you were doing something similar. Hail democracy and all its paperwork Fingers crossed you get it all sorted smoothly. Don't work too hard, pace yourself and allow things to unfold as they may. You don't have to give personal attention to everyone Don't forget to pack some snacks to keep your energy on an even keel

Shad-does it feel like your brains are being sucked out doing a manual? I remember doing a very basic one once and racking my brain to remember each step so the uninitiated could follow. *Note, people do not automatically press buttons unless told to I hope you got a break to enjoy a wander and get some fresh air. Remember you are the only one who will take care of you

Ceejay-Death to the Scada system whatever it is Glad it has gave up and you are happy

"Life is reciprocal: The energy you expend always comes back. I know
this for sure. This is true for all things, including your body. You must
nuture it, work it, rest it. If you don't, the energy spent on neglect
will eventually turn on you. It's not personal, just physics." --Oprah
Winfrey

KINDNESS MATTERS

Last edited by Meadow; 06-05-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #21  
Smackin' into a Wall

Been busy trying to get the wedding thank you notes. Just got the prints back today… and the photos are too large for the thank you card envelopes!!! Arg! Had a small meltdown until DH started pulling out boxes of stationary and suggested to just go with larger envelopes and use the cards. Good thing I am not a Bridezilla, but it bugs me. Oh well. It's been a month. My goal is to get these things done and mailed by end of this week. 9 down, 24 to go.

Allergy season has hit. I'm itchy and tired most of the time. Did make it to the gym (left work early to go) but workout was lackluster 40 minutes of cardio. Some days we should get points for just going.

Shad~ You have every right to brag! How great to have your worth reconfirmed! Heart-warming, isn't it. PM manual?? Pre-menstruel? Primary mechanism? Project management?

Suzi~ Glad you found your way to the lovely rocky shores.

Ceejay~ Sometimes a weekend of downtime is just what the Dr. ordered. Glad you had a good one. Good luck on your search for the system that will work for you.

Mel ~ Sorry you are having election issues. Do take a moderate approach. Good work on the food preparation. It sounds as if the fewer things to be hassled about this week, the better.

Roseblush~ What lovely sentiments in your post. I agree. Sometimes this is the highlight of my day too. The scooter sounds so fun. I hope you enjoy it. Not only a new vehicle, but a new _fun_ vehicle!

Happy~ How nice that you are looking forward to your family visit. It sounds as if you may have hit on a good idea with the juicer. Funny how many things have sugar in them that we don't even know about. Did you know McD's fries have dextrose in them? Sugar in fries? One more reason to not eat them, I guess. LOL… the punctuation will get 'em every time. My weekend was good. We visted the in-laws (his parents Saturday and my Mom Sunday). The joys of married life! LOL

Tig! Whoo hoo!!! Good going on the challenge.

Meadow~ Oh no, sorry about your knee. Take it easy until it feels better. Ice maybe? Would that help. Thanks for the link to the article. Your comment to Shad is right on. You never go wrong underestimating the confusion of readers.

I think it is bedtime for me.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #22  

PM = Plant Maintenance aka Big Boys Toys. Think big trucks, bulldozers, conveyors, crushers, plumbing. electrical and fixing. Nice try Madcat.

You lot are great. Came here this morning - had about 10 minutes before the class arrived and found Tig has risen to meet the challenge. Well done Tig :

Meadow has somehow twisted a knee. This does not mean you can not exercise the arms and upper body. Sit in front of the tv lifting cans of baken beans or pasta sauce jars!! Lovely thoughts in that post Meadow.

Happy is having Mum come to visit. DOS - is DH going to have issues again?? Too bad. He will live with it.

Seem to be missing Holly and Suz again - plus Painterwoman and Carla and the Turtle not to mention some others. I spoke to Teel on Saturday while I was home. I actually tried to phone a few others of you as well (those I have numbers for) and you were all out - probably grocery shopping or as in the case of Mel, phone engaged!!!!! Not to worry. I'll get on to it again one day. I have splurges of ringing overseas and do a lot of it once in a while.

Today has been a successful day of training. The smaller class helped. The guys were happy. There have been a few light bulbs turned on. I like it like that. I've dished out a few sweeteners - drink bottles, stickers etc. and they left early, stress free, satisfied and hopefully knowledgeable. A good day.

So now I should go back to the office and struggle with the reporting module once more. Heck I should clone myself. At least one of us would get some rest then!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #23  
Choose your hard

Good morning - going to be a quick post for me, didn't want to get out of bed this morning

Meadow - sorry to hear about your knee. Wrap it for support and ice as needed. Feel better soon Thanks for passing along the interesting article. Did you make that good for you smoothie?

I join her in saying "Buh-bye" Scada system whatever you are - rest in peace

Sugar in french fries? Who'd a thought? No wonder they are so addictive... I know what you mean Madcat about the misalignment between the cards and the photos. Kind of like hot dogs in packages of 8, buns in packages of 10 and things like that. I usually send out a Christmas letter with my cards and have learned the hard way that certain size cards are bad picks. Just keep plugging away and you'll get those cards done.

Shad, DH doesn't have problems with Mum. She knows he's working during the day and she pretty much leaves him be. She called yesterday and chatted on and on - wants me to take her to the library so she can pick up some books to read during the day while I'm working. She was in very good spirits. Are you going to get Friday off as you wanted?

That's it for me at the moment - later peeps....
Old 06-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #24  

Morning to all

Not much going on today. Just thought I'd touch base. Did go to the gym last night but came home and pigged out on the new tuscan chicken sandwich from subway and chocolate. Ughhhhhhhh I'm paying for it big time this morning from a sodium overload. The sandwich was extremely good.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #25  
Choose your hard

It's getting pretty quiet here. You guys must all be off hiking or something

Of course I really don't have much to say myself. I did pick up the book Super Foods and I'm trying to eat cleaner. Yesterday included wild salmon, grilled red and yellow peppers, green tea and some walnuts on the good food list. Then on the other side of the spectrum I had a bagel with light cream cheese and a couple of french fries with my chicken salad sandwich at lunch. I'm slowly turning the tide in the other direction. I exercised too. It was the first thought that popped in my mind ... well the first after the first usual thoughts like brushing my teeth and other things. So I did a light workout then and there. I'm working on the mindset changes right now.

Ceejay, my DH tried that Tuscan Chicken sandwich on the weekend. I stole a bite and it wasn't bad. It was better than my meatball sandwich. I should have gotten the sweet onion Teryaki like I usually do. I have to admit, I'm not that fond of Subway's sandwiches. We have a local place here that I prefer but my favorite is Quiznos - I think I spelled that wrong. It's that toasty bread I like so much.

I was watching Last Comic Standing on TV yesterday and there was a comic performer named Tig. But she wasn't from Florida so I knew it wasn't our Tig

Poor DH. He got a tooth filled yesterday. About the time we were cooking dinner the novacaine wore off and he was in alot of pain. It got worse so I told him to call the dentist's office. He did and said they are closed, he'd have to call back in the morning. I said every dentist has an emergency number. So I called the office, sure enough after the message about call back when we're open it said, "if this is an emergency, press 1 and you'll be connected to our answering service." I left a message with them and then came back in the room and said "you have to listen to the WHOLE message". Do guys REALLY think that different than us? I guess so. The dentist on call returned the call about an hour later. DH said it feels like he's biting down on tin/aluminum foil The dentist said this was probably a condition whereby the metal materials in the new filling are reacting adversely to the old filling in the next tooth. He said it should work itself out in 24 hours and calm down. I felt bad for him. DH was kind of mad - he said they should have asked first to try and prevent this in the first place. He just got up and said it's a bit better but still uncomfortable. Makes me want to just race to the dentist myself!

Well I have to get a move on. See you later.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #26  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ok, Happy has guilted me into posting! I should just make a habit of it – but then life goes and gets in the way. Biked to the gym and had a great workout this morning. It hasn’t happened for a long time but I just felt strong and happy afterwards. I guess the initial start of biking season shock is wearing off – where every cell in my body protests the extra work. I am slowly trying to get the food thing under control. At least I am eating better – though portions are an issue. I drank a litre and a half of water yesterday (with just a dribble of Crystal Light in it)… and darn, I’m up 2 lbs this morning I know it is probably water gain, but really! Still it felt nice to well-liquided.

Happy~ Your poor DH. Yeah, what is it with mean and their odd brains? It must be an attention span thing. My DH never manages to read more than the first sentence of any instructions (which is ironic considering what I do for a living). They could have at least warned him that this might happen and told him to medicate appropriately. Hope it wears off soon.

Ceejay~ I have a sudden craving for Subway now. I hope you didn’t put the chocolate ON the sandwich. Impromptu mole sauce, maybe?

Shad~ Glad you had a good training day. It’s so nice when you see the little light-bulbs go on over their heads. One of the best feelings in the world! I hope you will be getting some time off soon. A long weekend with nothing to do and no one bugging you might be just the ticket.

I’m assuming life in interfering with everyone else’s presence here? Where, for example is Holly? She’s usually a pretty frequent poster. I know Mel is off wrangling with issues (could that be her new Indian name? Wrangles with Issues? ). I miss everyone else too. Come back! Come back!! Personally I find checking in does help keep me on track. It is time to get moving on this weight loss thing again.

Later ladies. On to the first bottle of water of the day.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #27  

morning ladies,

Happy--Where did you purchase the Super Food book? I must add that my favorite sandwich at Subway is the sweet onion chicken teriyaki.

MadCat--Subway does have a very good chocolate chip cookie, but now I by pass them.

For those who are wondering about the Scada system that died this week, it a monitoring system that did the major electrical sub stations and 4 of our major lift stations. The main electrical boss had me to throw a switch one night on that thing on one of the sub stations. Talk about scarey. It would send alarms when something was wrong.

I'm so proud of my niece and her husband. They moved to Atlanta last fall to teach at one of the private schools there. They are closing on their first house in July. I 've just viewed the pictures that she took of the house. It's gorgeous. Guess my next trip after Dallas will be to Atlanta, Georgia.

I'm getting excited about my Kentucky trip. Another niece has 2 babies that will be having birthday's at the end of the month. Some of you may remember me mentioning Eli and Eva.

I've decided that since I have to eat dinner so late that I will be having salad's after my gym work out which will be 4 times a week.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #28  

Morning all,
I really don't know where the days go except that they seem to be getting longer and longer again. I've got tomorrow (Friday) off and Monday is a public holiday (Queens Birthday weekend) so I have a four day break. I'm off to Sydney airport very early tomorrow for a flight home. DS1 and 2 are off to NZ for their fathers birthday party - which they have organised from here with the help of a few friends. So I will catch up on chores, catch up with some friends, pay a few bills and otherwise kick back.

I'm in the office early (6.30am) since I have two manuals to write - one of which is to be delivered next week. That one is fairly easy, it is a PC Skills course (yep we have got down to the good folk who don't know one end of the computer from another). The other is a week or so away which is good since I am training every day for the next week anyway. It's going down to the wire in frantic fashion. We finish here on 30th June. And that also reminds me that I must ring my landlady and discuss things like rent and bonds, inspections etc. with her.

We are getting a bit quiet around here. I presume it is because we are all so busy at the moment.

Last weekend at home I started to put the Groote Eylandt photos on the website. They are not all there yet but you will be informed as soon as it happens. Haven't done much camera work around here lately since it's so cold at night and I'm just too busy.

Tonight is supposed to be the Goodbye GTi party. Many of the trainers are onsites around the joint so there won't be a lot of us there. The consultants have just about all gone. One wonders why they are having a get together now. Aaaah well, might as well go, eat drink and be merry since I have given a fair service to the project. Can't stay late tho'. I have a 7.35am flight out of Sydney in the morning and will have to leave here around 4.30am to make it. Taking some of my stuff home as well.

Happy - good to hear that you are getting organised and into the clean food thing. I will be back to it when I go home. Although I haven't gained much weight while I have been away (haven't lost any either) I haven't been doing the exercise and I can feel the difference.
My sympathies to DH - toothache is the pits. I remember when they put that huge filling in a back tooth and the pain that put me through for some days - when I complained, they re filled it - said that there was some infection in it. The pain continued on and off for weeks. Don't tell the DH that!!!!

Madcat - aaaah the thank you notes. Good luck. Well done for the bike riding and gym work. You'll be a stick insect before you know it.

Ceejay - one of the mines I worked in used the SCADA system to monitor the machinery. It seemed to work alright for them. I don't know much about it so can't tell whether it was a good, bad or indifferent program.

Better go get on with PC Skills. Can't wait - NOT
Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #29  

I'm starting something new tomorrow. I have to be accountable for my food intake, exercise etc. I will be posting it here. If I need to have a prod used on me go for it.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #30  

A quick breeze through. My computer at home was infiltrated by some ugly bug. I am waiting for a techie friend to have some off the clock time to pop over. Life is less busy this week.I acheived presidents club with Avon and had highest sales over last years Campaign 13. I was asked to be in a national dvd and am writing my Avon"story". All this was tempered by another death in the family and a wicked intestinal bug and good all out arguement with hubby and the kids, LOL!!Suffice it to say that they are willingly helping around the house more*grin*.
The kids are reading quietly but my computer tme is up here right now. HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote