Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #31  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Howdee folks!

First, a big welcome to Leec. I just responded to one of your other posts in another thread and mentioned that I'm glad to see that you have a reasonable exercise plan in place. Whatever you do, don't give up on the exercise. Lately, I sure have, and I am really regretting it! And don't be too hard on yourself if the loss is slow. One to two pounds a week is recommended, healthy, sane, and about the most you can expect if you aren't on some awful crash/fad diet.

Rebecca - It sounds like the wedding planning is going very well! I planned both of my weddings myself and felt much better and more in control about the whole situation. Congratulations again and let us know how it goes. Oh, and the pound gain could be water retention or muscle gain. You have been really pushing the workouts and it's possible you've lost a couple pounds of fat but gained a little more muscle and so have a net "gain". But don't worry, it'll all come out next weigh in, I'm sure...

Coley - Hahaha... I'm so messed up, I swear! So in my earlier post I said: "People generally suck. I act like a perky, people person, but I'm a cynic on the inside, I swear..." But what you said about the ongoing debate with your sister? I actually agree with you. There's a part of me that sits back and looks at strangers and feels like they are all probably horrible, but when I meet someone I am determined to think the best of them until they prove otherwise. And despite my assertion that people generally suck, the people that I get to know mostly aren't horrible... I'm very confused!

Jollygirl - Hi! Good luck with the journal. It's great to be able to go back and read the encouragment I have given myself as well as to remember all of the reasons I had for beginning this lifestyle. Also, as for the school thing, I am currently only taking one class, an upper level Grammar class for my Linguistics minor. Summer sessions are a bit harder and more intense than I expected! This one's over in about two weeks, though, and then I'm on to World Lit for the second part of summer session. I will NEVER take web classes over the summer again though! Sheesh!

Happy Wednesday all!

-lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 321/284/140

Good Morning All!!!

Angel- THanks! I am am really happy. My fiancee is so sweet and loving. Things are going very well for us. As for us dropping out of this site... I am not going anywhere. I need the constant encouragement as well.

lala- HAng in there girl!! I know school is tough, but you are more tough then that. You can do it. Keep up the fab job!

Coley- You doing ok? It has been a couple days since you have been on. Just chicking in on ya.

Jolly- I love horses. I haven't been on a horse in years. You are so lucky. How is the journaling going? I have a hard time being consistant with a journal. I think these web sites are the most consostant I have been with writing since I was 14.

Things are going well here on Wedding central. At least I am too busy to over eat. I have a lot done. We will reserve the ceremony and reception hall on Thursday next week as well as order the invites. The invites are soo pretty. I will order my dress on Tuesday. I want to try it on with my friend in Iowa to get her opinion first. But I love it. I went and tried on the one at the bridal store here again just to make sure it was the one I wanted. It is. LOL.. The lady who works there was helping me firgure out what size to order. The 22 I tried on was wayyy to big, and since I am working hard at losing, she suggested either a misses 18 or a woman's 16. That is awesome!! If for some strange reason I do not lose enough, apparently this dress maker leaves plenty in the seams to let out.

I am trying to do the WW thing again to see if that jolts the scale to move. My trying to figure out how many cals are too many or too little is just too confusing. Today at 4:00 is my week two weigh in for the contest. Last week I apparently lost 3.5 lbs. Why is my scale not showing it. lol In week one I had gone down 1.2 % body fat already. SO we will see what happened this week. I have been doing really well of getting to the gym. I have been there 4-5 times a week for the last month non stop. That in itself is an acomplishment.
Well, lots to do today. I have to find a place to take dance lessons. My fiancee wants to take swing dance lessons with me. I love to dance. A great way to lose weight. So that is my search for the day. LOL
Hope you all are doing great and keep up to good work. We can do this if we stick together.
Blessings,
Rebecca
GodsSongbird74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #33  

Hello Kittens!

Am still here, I promise! We have been DIYing every spare second. I'm so tired! I'm working full time then going home to paint ceilings! Tiring doesnt even cover it. I'm at work now, shhh so my boss doesn't hear!, and I could honestly put my head down on the desk and go straight to sleep!

Am sticking to my 1500 but as I am burning about 1000 a day its not leaving much to fire up my energy levels! We have got 2 days off DIY now then its furniture moving for the big 4 room carpeting bonanza! What we are going to do with the furniture in those rooms is another question!

Weight-wise am still all water retentive and swollen..yummy! Am hoping this new pill will sort me out. Today is Day 3 on new pill.

Anyway onto you...

GodsSongbird - you sound like you're a wedding tornado. Wowsa! You sound so excited and happy which is all good.
Lala - I'm all confused too! I say I trust people to be nice but when we went to the sculpture park there was this room that was pitch black that you were supposed to walk in (it was art man!) with about 20 other people and not even a wall to hold on to. I just couldnt do it! Couldn't trust what i couldn't see so it just shows I dont always practice what I preach either! Still it makes us interestingly unpredictable!
Angel33 - that sounds like a good plan. Diets make you think there is an end in sight when suddenly you can eat all the things you have been denying yourself. Healthy eating is, hopefully, for life. That's my plan anyway!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #34  

Well I've managed to kill the conversation stone dead! Did I start going on about my life after death theories (sp? Have had brain fart and this looks wrong but cant remember how to spell it!) again? Sorry!

I also answered myself to bump this thread up as poor Evirama ended up posting to an old one...We're Here!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:42 AM   #35  
Play that funky music!

I'm here too! I've been lurking for the past few days but not really posting. I've been very bad and I tend to not post when I'm bad... Gotta run to work now, but I'll check in a little longer this evening!

-Lala
Old 06-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #36  

I just got back from a long weekend in Iowa. The first person to visit sucked but the rest of the weekend went great. I will stop back in later and tell more. Off to take a nap. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #37  
Gina

S/C/G: 223/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello, thought I'd join you...

I visit this site often but don't post much. Might try to do it more, it would probably keep me on my diet better. I'm Gina, 38 yrs, mom of 2 boys and 1 girl (ages 7, 5, and 18 months) and work 32 hrs/week. Have been fighting the battle of the bulge since about 12 years old You'd think by now I'd have won, but I have always only had partial victories, then put it back on for whatever reason. I was doing pretty good the first few months of the year, but lost it after Easter and have been struggling ever since. Mainly I was really doing good at excercising and can't seem to get back into it. I know I have to. I eat pretty good but cheat with a cookie here, a chip there too often. Need to get inspired again!! Hope you can all help! Maybe we could have a weekly weigh in or something to keep me accountable?
Jollygirl - I see you are from Wisconsin. So am I (central). Where are you from?
Gina
gigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #38  
Play that funky music!

Hi Gina! Welcome! I too have been slacking pretty hard since sometime in April. I have been losing the same four pounds over and over and over again. But this week I decided that I was "grounded" for a week, which means I am not allowed to cheat and I must do some kind of exercise immediately upon getting home from work - no whining, no excuses, I don't wanna hear it! If you want I could "ground" you, too? Heeheheheee....

Hi, Rebecca! Welcome back from Iowa. I'm glad it was mostly a good trip. Visiting family is very up and down, I know.

Well, my grammar class is almost over. Friday is my final exam, though I have until Saturday to complete it. Summer B starts on Monday, but it's just World Lit, so I shouldn't have any problems with it. But, since I just took a basic grammar class in Spring session I thought the linguistics grammar would be a breeze and look how that turned out. I do think I'll end up with a B, because I can't see me scraping an A out of this. So much for my 4.0.

So, as mentioned above, I am grounded, due to some serious overindulgence this past weekend. Hubby felt a binge come on and instead of helping him or stopping him, I jumped right in with him. We each had an entire calzone one night; next day, I had most of a bag of tortillas with an entire small block of Velveeta cheese (queso salsa dip), and he ate most of a chocolate birthday cake, plus dinner; then we both had large orders of Chinese delivery food the next night, and finished off whatever was left of cake and chips. I helped him with the cake a little and he helped me with the chips and dip a little. Un-freakin-believable! I had to sit up in bed both Saturday and Sunday nights because I had eaten too much and couldn't breathe. Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Anyway, I have been good so far this week. I have been eating on plan and I did exercise both yesterday and today right after work as I promised myself. Sorry, didn't mean to go off on such a negative moment, there, but I figure if I remind myself how miserable I felt I'll think twice before doing it again. Somehow you just can't remember when it rolls around; you think it'll make you feel "good", but it never does, does it? Le sigh...

Happy Tuesday all!

-Lala
Old 06-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #39  

Hey everyone! And Hi Gina!

How's everyone doing? Sticking at it or hiding because you're not?

I'm still stuck in the same old place. 261 is starting to get very dull, except today it was 262! I've come off the pill because I'm sick of being bloated and so far its made no difference! I've worked out I've burnt over 15,000 calories through exercise/diy this month. I've lost nothing.

So that's it. Am still at same weight, still waiting for TOM (did ANOTHER preg test - negative), have dropped my calories by 50+ per day and am now starting to think 'well is this weight so bad?'

I wouldn't mind if I was cheating because then it'd be fair! Maybe I'm creeping down and eating in my sleep!

Am gonna drop to 1400 per day next week I think (am on 1450 now).
Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #40  
Gina

Default Going to focus thoughts over weekend...

and try to get super-motivated for Monday. I've been doing OK, lost 3 lbs this week, but still doing some cheating and not exercising. I feel pretty good, I went shopping for some new pants last night (in black, of course) and ventured into the Gap and Maurices, actually fit into some pants, and jeans in both places. Granted they were still sized 14/16 but hey, I'll take it. I LONG for the day I can do all my shopping in "normal" sized shops. I found this pair of jeans in Maurices that was way small, but I could tell that they would look HOT if I ever got into them. I'd have to lose about 15 more pounds to do it, but almost bought them for inspiration pants. They were $40 though, so didn't, but may sneak back in one of these days and get them. Can't decide.
Anyway, was looking for pants to wear out tonight, hubby and I and one other couple are going to "Tony and Tina's Wedding", a "play" that's kind of interactive. You actually sit through a wedding, dinner and dance but all the people in it are actors, and it's a big Italian thing that's supposed to be hilarious. They come up and talk to you like you're some long lost relative and stuff like that. It was off-Broadway for years, don't know if it still is. I'm just excited to be getting out, with the 3 kids, we don't go out much. I just hope I don't gain back all 3 pounds I lost this week!
Have a great weekend!!---Gina
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #41  

Hello everyone!!
I am kinda lurking in the background too. I got back from Iowa late Monday night. Ever since then it has been busy, busy, busy. We looked at at few houses on Tues and Wed, last night we went to the place we are having the wedding and put down the down payment and ordered the invites, favors and napkins. And today, I took my df to work, went to the gym for 1.5 hours, got groceries, Cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, spot cleaned and vacumed the downstairs carpet, and now I am running back to the store because I forgot to fill my 5 gal water jug. Then i have to go with my df to get his kids. They are here this weekend. When I get back from that I have am going to back a ww cake (choco cover cherry cake.. yummy) and make a pasta salad for tomorrows picnic. Whew.. I will sleep good tonight. lol.
I just realised I did not post my MMWI when i got home... SW 321, LW 283, CW 281.25 still dropping...1.75 lbs last week.
Well gotta run.. Hang in there everyone. It has to slow down sometime. **GRIN**
Rebecca
Old 06-24-2006, 02:00 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 206/190/145

I'm brand spanking new here, in my 30s, and desperately need some support in trying to lose all this post-divorce weight. I've gained approximately 40 pounds since 2003 and I feel like I'm finally at a mental place where I can focus on really losing this time. I am at the heaviest of my life now - and I maintained a huge weight loss for almost a decade. Now I'm back to where I started. I am doing this on my own, as I really can't afford to join any kind of 'group'.
So I would appreciate you guys welcoming me into your fantastic circle of friends here!
chubbybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #43  
Play that funky music!

Howdy Chubbybird! Welcome to the gang....

This whole site is just about the best thing I've found to keep me inspired and interested in going on. I've found that the more I read and post, the better I tend to stick to my plan, probably because I feel bad about having to come confess about messing up! And everyone is so encouraging, whether I've done well or bad.

I know we've all been quiet (and crazy busy), so I hope everyone is doing well and is having a great weekend! I have a new online class starting on Monday, but I think (hope) this one will be easier.

Happy Sunday!

-Lala
Old 06-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #44  
Gina

Default Hi all!!

And Welcome chubbybird!! I know that this is my favorite diet website, and think it will be yours too. I don't post all that much, but will try to at least a couple times a week. It's a great place for info and inspiration. I have tried just about every diet out there, and after all these years finally realize that there is no magic, fast way of doing it. I personally think WW is the best one, because there is flexibility in the eating plan, and it comes off slowly but steadily. However, I never liked going to the meetings. So I'm basically doing that plan on my own, and just trying to eat healthier in general. Now if I could just find time to fit in that exercise!! I have been up and down with my weight so many times, I can't imagine how many pounds I've lost and gained. But I am determined that this time I am making a life time lifestyle change! Also, I am determined to reach the dreaded 40 year milestone as a skinny person!! (I have a year and a half to go but it might take me that long!!) You mentioned that you are divorced, do you have any kids?

Hope everyone is motivated for the week ahead! I was doing good but had 2 cookies (Damn that cafeteria food!!) Better watch it tonight. No snacks after 7 pm!!
--Gina
Old 06-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #45  

Hello all!
I'm new here and just getting started - again. Over the years, I've tried every diet there is, it seems (Atkins, Richard Simmons - several times, nutrisystem, weight watchers, the cabbage soup diet and even Susan "Stop the Insanity" Powter) to varying degrees of success. I've never been skinny, but I did have a few brief moments of relative thinness in high school. Since my son was born *ehem* 21 years ago, I've gained each year. I feel bad, look bad and have had enough.
So, today I bought a pair of walking shoes and plan to walk as far as I can each day. When that gets easier, I'll start some weight training. And I'm on a reduced-calorie diet and will try to re-learn what a serving size is. I have no illusions that I will suddenly turn in to some hot babe, I just want to be able to do a lot of things that I haven't been able to do in a while - or ever. I want to hike and surf, ride a skateboard and bike again, actually look forward to trying on some clothes and not have to worry if I'll fit in a seat at a theatre or restaurant.
Well, I've rambled on long enough. I hope there are some others here who understand where I'm coming from. Good luck to everybody and let's hope we can all get there eventually.
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote