Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #16  
Janice

Shelley - Yes I joined yesterday. I paid for 12 weeks to make sure that I go. I stayed for the meeting and am very comitted. I lost all my weight once by following WW I know it works and that I can do it. A lot has changed with the program since then.
Suzy - I am so glad Travis is coming home soon. We are hearing such disturbing news from Irag these days I'm happy he is getting out of there.
Gayle - My condolences on the lose of your friend.
Yesterday my daughter Amanda was helping carry the coffin for one of the residents of the nursing home she works for. She slipped and almost ended up in the burial hole. Then she was driving back to work and another driver was heading for her drivers door. Avoiding him she went on the sidewalk and almost whipped out a fire hydrant. She then went shopping after work and all the hammers on a display feel down when she took one down. Believe or not this is a typical day for her. She is a walking disaster, the good thing is it never really amounts to much.
Dee - Isn't it nice to see the sun and the heat.
cheryl - Hope everything turns out okay for you.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Janice, great job joining WW's!!!! I think it is the most logical plan out there. It really is a lifestyle change and WW's teaches you how to do that. Are you Flexing or Coring?? I heard the Core plan isn't very well known in Canada.
Your daughter sounds like she takes her "mishaps" in stride! Poor girl! Does she ever just have a good day?? LOL! Thank goodness it is never anything too serious.

Suzy, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW you are sooooooooooooo excited to see your baby! I will be praying for his safe return to the States.

Shelley, I think with all your running, your body is trying to tell you it needs more of something when you get the hungries. Have you tried just eating a bit more protein? I'm a great one to give a lecture! I can't get the weight off or keep it off! Actually, I am kinda a diet expert....I just need to practice what I preach!

Dee, how did the game go? Did we have a win? Hey, I keep forgetting.... is the wedding still on? When will they be getting married?

Cheryl, how are you feeling sweetie? How is the dieting going? I hope you and the Stew can get things worked out. I think the first year or two of marriage can be the hardest. In your case, probably harder, the two of you are both very independent.

I haven't heard from Doni.... I wrote Ramona & Sher each a message back when they responded to my email but didn't hear back from either one of them.

For the person who asked how I'm doing with all the sadness as of late...I can't remember who asked! I'm doing ok... it seems like my family & friends are in a cycle right now. We have several members of our family facing serious illnesses right now. My mom is still having good days and bad. Yesterday she concerned me, she looked really frail and pale. I feel like I am on pins and needles all the time just knowing something is going to happen to her. She can get on her treadmill and go, but yet she seems really weak in other areas. Her breathing isn't doing so hot. I am making her an appointment for mid-April to have a checkup.

Well, off to work I go! Have a super, duper great day girls! The sun is shining here! YIPPPEEE!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 AM   #18  

Janice-Wow! I feel for your DD. How old is she? I can't remember if you have told us or not.

Gayle-How is work going for you? Any raises?? Would you believe I weighed myself this morning, just for giggles. I am back down to 127. Maybe I needed a few days of heavy eating. LOL!! I seriously think it has to do with all the running (almost 170 miles this month!!) and the fact that I was having such a heavy period. Thank goodness that stopped about 5 days ago.

We are going to Tampa Friday morning very early for Family Day at USF. After that, I will be making the trip again with Becky for 2 days in June for Freshman Orientation. I am getting very sad.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #19  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Janice ~ Congratulations on the decision to join WW! Good for you!

Gayle ~ It never rains, but it pours doesn't it? Hopefully things will start to improve for you soon!

Shelley ~ I do understand how you're feeling. It's so hard when your kids leave home, but it does get better and you won't always be sad.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #20  
Losing it!

Shelley, have a safe & fun trip to Tampa! How far is Tampa from where you live? Are you nervous too? I'm probably an over-protective parent, but I worry about my kids all of the time. Sounds like you "shook" the body up having a few heavier food days. Maybe with all of your running, yoour body needs the extra.

Suzy, yes, when it rains it pours! Although, the last year has been a major flood!!!! Along with usual daily life headaches, we have had our fair share of ailing parents, serious illness and death. It is time to take a break!
I see you only have 4 more pounds to go! YIPPEEE!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #21  
Losing it...again!

Gale ~ I need to move my ticker up to 147, but I'm getting serious...again! This is day two of 1200 calories and no sugar and so far so good. I let some bad eating habits creep back on me and I have gained back 3 pounds. I really need to get it through my head that there are some foods that I just cannot keep in the house...like ice-cream. If it's here I eat it and I have no problem eating all of it...a spoonful at a time. So no more ice-cream and I'm cutting way back on my baking. I bought a lot of individual single serving foods again like I did when I first started and I'm writing down everything that goes in my mouth. Hopefully this will get me back on track...
Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #22  
Losing it!

I can sympathize with you Suzy! I'm married to the ice cream guy! (Blue Bunny rep) We always try out the new feature flavors. In fact, I had a few bites of the limited edition toffee last night...
You will reach goal! I just know it!

Boy, it sure is quite here on the board when Shelley is away!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:39 PM   #23  
Losing it...again!

Oh my gosh Gayle...you're married to the man I dream about! Seriously though, that's what got me in trouble in the first place. Tim brought home not one but two cartons of ice-cream a few weeks ago and that was all it took to send me over the edge. He ate one bowl and I ate the rest (not all at once, but still... ). Anyway I'm on day 3 and going strong, so no more talk of the new limited edition toffee Blue Bunny!

Dee? Janice? Cheryl? Where is everyone?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:56 PM   #24  

Here!!!

Just not much going on!

Still lurking
Old 03-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #25  
Losing it!

Suzy, sending special day 3 vibes your way for a successful day!!! Actually BB produces a nice line of lower calorie, no sugar added treats. Not as YUMMY as the full fat/calorie ones, but still pretty good. Also BB is now producing all of the weight watchers smart ones novelties. If you like regular yogurt and your store carries it, try the BB lite 85 sweetened with splenda.

Cheryl, how is life going? Don't be a lurker! We want to chat with ya!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #26  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ I try to stay away from the artificial sweeteners. I really do best with single serving sizes. I can't keep cartons of ice-cream in the freezer or I'll keep eating it until it's gone and eating a gallon of ice-cream in a week makes the scales do bad things! I know it must be all in my head, but I can tell myself that I can have one fudgecicle today and count the 60 calories, but there's no way I would be able to measure out a half a cup of ice cream and not keep going back for more all day long. I guess I'm an ice-cream-aholic...I wonder if there's a 12 step program for that?

Cheryl ~ Stop lurking and chat with us! It doesn't matter if you have anything to report or not...we like to hear from you!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #27  

Gayle-Tampa is about 150 miles from us. We had a good trip. Learned a lot about the college, and walked around it some more. We probably walked 5 miles from going from the Sundome over to the dorms and back 3 times.

Okay, Ladies!! It's April. Summer will be here very soon. Put on your walking shoes, exercise clothes or whatever, and get over to the other board and do some exercise at least 3 times this week! Come on, you can do it!!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #28  
Losing it!

K, Shelley, I'm in! HOPEFULLY April will be a better month for me! I feel like I am finally getting recuped and it is time to think of me again. With that said, I have Allison lined up with a dental appointment, my mother with a doctor appointment and Steve having eye surgery this month! Smile!!! I got to!!! LOL!!!
I'm glad you had a chance to visit the college again. Do you feel more comfortable about it now? Either way, it is hard to let your child go and venture out into the real world.

Suzy, how did day 4 go for you? I'm the same way...I can have portion control with a novelty, but it is ever so hard to just scoop out just 1/2 cup of ice cream!

Cheryl, still post, we miss you!

Well, I hope all is well with everyone and wishing you all a safe & happy weekend!!!!! I had to take Ali clothes shopping today. We tried putting it off with the end of school just being a few month away, but she decided to have a growth spurt! Clothes she received for Christmas are already too small! Did I tell you I'm checking into a karate class for her this summer?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #29  
Losing it...again!

Just a quick post to tell you all that I just heard from my daughter-in-law and Travis is in Kuwait and will be leaving there sometime tomorrow (April 2nd) to go to Germany. He should arrive in California anytime between the 5th and 6th of April! Can I hear a great big WOOHOO?! My baby is on his way home!

Gayle ~ Day 4 went just fine, but I'd really like a big bowl of that toffee ice cream to celebrate right now!

If you need any pointers on choosing a karate school let me know...Travis has taken karate since he was 7 years old and has been in several different systems. He has a black belt in American Karate (Zen Do Kai).

Shelley ~ I'll do my best to meet your challenge...3 days a week won't kill me and it would probably help a lot!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #30  

Help me. Now Becky has decided she doesn't want to go to USF, and wants to stay in Ft Myers and go to FGCU for 1 year, but wants to get her own apt. We have gotten award letters for financial aid, set up housing, meal plans, etc. Given deposits totaling $475.00 that we will lose, I think. How do we cancel everything? I am so torn. I am happy she wants to stay in town, but sad that she doesn't really know what the heck she wants to do with her life.
Closed Thread