Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #31  
Losing it!

I bet anything, Becky is scared Shelley. I think personally, I could handle it so much better if my child lived in another city compared to in the same town once she is out on her own. Again, just my own opinion, I would have Becky live at home if she chooses to attend FGCU for the year. Why be out the expense of an apartment when she is living in the same city a you. You can use the money next year when she transfers.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #32  
Janice

Good Monday afternoon to everyone,
I weighed in this morning for the first time since I started the WW group. I lost seven pounds. Unbelievable. I was so happy,
I went to the pool then to work out. Meds are working better all the time and I am starting to feel good.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #33  

I ladies I am here just be busy.

Janice I am so happy for you. Wow look at you now.

Shelley Dez still hasn't decided what she wants to do with her life. Some kids seem to know from a young age and then there are older adults like me not knowing what I want to do with my life. I think that Becky is scared. If she decides not to go to Tampa get her to pay for the money that you had to pay. Maybe that will make her reconsider. She could also live with you or have to pay for her own place. Maybe she wants more freedom but wants to be close to all her friends.

I have stuff to do tonight so I will try to post to the rest of you tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:42 AM   #34  

Janice-Wow!! 7 lbs. is awesome! Keep up the good work.

Dee-Becky wants to get her own place or live on campus at the college here in town. She actually paid the $200.00 deposit for admissions herself. We paid the $300.00 for the housing and meal plan deposits. I am actually starting to like the idea of her staying in town, but who knows? She might change her mind again. I'm afraid to start getting used to the thought of her staying.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #35  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB JANICE! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 POUNDS!!!!!!!
I'm glad your starting to feel better too!

Shelley, having a college age daughter I feel like I can offer my opinion. If Becky is having second thoughts about going away, then I think she should stay another year and attend school there. It would be so much better for her to transition into it compared to suddenly living away from home, family and meeting new people in a new city.
I need to also agree with Dee....my daughter has changed her mind several times over the course of graduating from high school. At this point she is going to our community college, taking Emergency Medical Tech. courses and still has hopes of becoming a mortician. BUT, by next week this could all change! LOL!

Dee, how goes it???? What are you so busy doing???? Do you still have snow there?

Off to work I go! Please say an extra prayer for a co-workers mother. She is suffering from a stroke and blood clot on the brain.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #36  
Losing it!

OOOOPPSS!! SUZY! I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the good news of Travis coming home! I bet it was so nice to have a confirmation with some exact dates! Now, he is married, correct? How far do they live from you?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ Yes, Travis is married and he is stationed at Camp Pendleton in Californina...a long way from Pennsylvania! Once he gets back he will get 30 days leave and then they will plan a trip to come for a visit. Right now I'm just thrilled to have him out of Iraq safe and sound!

Janice ~ Way to go! 7 pounds is a great loss...you should be really proud of yourself!

Shelley ~ I think that if Becky is having second thoughts that it might be a good idea for her to go to school closer to home. The first year is all pretty much the same no matter what school you go to anyway, so she could always transfer to the other school next year. I hope you can get it all worked out so that everyone will be happy!

Dee ~ I wondered where you have been...I'm glad you checked in!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #38  

Gayle does Sherry live where the tornados hit? I am worried about her. I sure miss Sherry. I wish she would pop by and say Hi. It just isn't the same here without her.
I said a prayer for your co-workers mom. That must be so hard for the family.
I know what you mean about Liz, she just might change her mind, you never know.
We still have snow but it is going quickly. I can see grass but I am sure by the weekend the rest of the snow will be gone. It is sunny and going to be +8 out today. I don't remember the conversion but it is well above freezing.

Suzy how many more days before you might get to see Travis? The good thing is once he is home you can call every day. You must be so excited.
How is the journaling going? I hope that you are still doing it. If not start again today.

Shelley Dez's first year was tough. She still talks about it. She was a 3 hour ride away. The first couple of months we seen her often but after that she was too busy with school to come home. She was very lonely because she didn't know anyone at the school. She made new friends but it took awhile. She has a few friends from there that she still gets together with. I think that it was a growing lesson for her to live away from home. The only thing is when she got home she liked her freedom and we couldn't live together any more.

I have been busy socializing and cleanning. I am sure you don't want to hear about my cleanning so i will tell you about my outtings.

On friday we started out going for chinese food with friends,then headed to a play, and capped it off with a drink at a lounge.
On saturday my mom and dad got home from spending their winter in BC. We went over to help them unload their van and spent some time catching up with them.
On sunday I went out with all the girls in Larry's family for lunch. It was Aunty Donna's 47th birthday. Considering that the family just lost a cousin, nephew, son, brother or husband we had many laughs. It was a healing time.
After I got back the day was so beautiful, the sun was shining and you could really feel spring in the air, so I suggested that we go for a drive in the country. We drove along the river and ended up at a small town that sells famous hotdogs and home made fries. They have a jute box that plays oldies. It is so much fun. On the way home we stopped in a farmers field and watched the sunset.
We had an enjoyable weekend.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:46 AM   #39  

Dee-Sherry doesn't live in tornado alley. She lives around hurricanes like I do. I sure do miss her.

Thanks, ladies for all the help on the DD situation. Just a quick post here for me. I've got to go in to work. The budget for next year came in, and I have to try and get it done before my principal leaves for Italy. Today is the last day I have to do it before she leaves. I just got it yesterday afternoon!!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #40  
Losing it!

Sending good "budgeting budget vibes" your way Shelley!!! I'm positive your boss will be happy with you before she leaves for Italy. Did you ask if you could go along?? LOL!

I heard something on the news too about a section of TN getting hit with tornadoes. I don't know what area though...I guess I should do a search on the net. WOW! To worry about hurricanes & tornadoes! Hopefully, Sher & family are ok.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #41  

Hey all,

Sherry's in Nashville--about 200 +/- miles from where the storms hit. Hopefully she's OK!

Sorry I've been MIA--Monday was my day off and yesterday Stewart had a hernia operation so I was sitting in the hospital all day.

Shelley--I have an exercise goal for this month!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #42  

Please do not post here

A new thread has been started!!
Closed Thread