Old 02-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #91  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--sounds like a mixture of good and bad. Yes, the chiro can do great things.

Meanwhile, I am frustrated. I was so excited about the storytelling program we were planning to do this summer--but the pastor killed it. Said they'd had success with the old kind of program so they should not change. Shucky darn.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I made it back here, all the way from home. I can tell you that it is 1071km from my place to here - give or take a couple of detours here and there. It's a long drive and went well until about 100k out of Sydney when a thunder storm hit and torrential rain fell and I had to drive through it with all the idiots under the sun. Then it took 2 hours to get through the last 72k what with the storm and the traffic through Sydney. Got stuck in these awful narrow streets with buses and trucks either side. Felt like I was being hatched at times. Once under the harbour bridge and through the tunnels I was fine. I picked up my colleague from the airport and we drove on to Wollongong and the fog came down THICK. It was a case of 'where's that bl**dy car that was in front' Good grief. Let's go a little slower. Hope nothing comes belting up from behind!!!

Haven't got alot of time to add to this now. I'll try to get back later. Meantime I'd better go round up my flock and get some info out of them. Have fun today.

Hope everyone is doing well. The Chiro sounds divine. Gotta run
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #93  

Hello Ladies,

Cat - Sorry to hear the pastor killed the storytelling program. Too bad you can't talk him into it.

Shad - OH, gosh, glad you all got to your destination safely. Nothing worse then driving in torrential rains and then fog.

It was another beautiful day here, the high about 78. Tomorrow is the beginning on the Lenten Season. I have decided what I giving up or doing.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,
Went to the PCP yesterday re the blood in my urine and it was 3+ according to their reading. Because it has been some time since we checked this out they are having me do a CT scan and then see the urologist. The good thing about the CT scan is it will check my stomach as well as the kidneys and perhaps we can get to the bottom of this problem. As usual, my blood pressure was way up--170/98. The young man took it again just before I left and it was 160/94. I have been taking it every morning and logging it in my book and it very seldom is high. I was told to keep a watch on it.

The good news is I lost another pound and weighed in at 151 this morning. I showed the doc my log but he really didn't seem interested but was happy to see from the last time I had been there I had lost 5 lbs.

I still think I may be allergic to something I am eating, however, that would not account for the problem I am having. I bowled 515 yesterday and had some really clean strikes.

I have a very sick daughter in PA--she and her whole family have come down with some kind of a flu virus and I encouraged her to see her doctor today. I will check in with her later.

Hopefully all of you are having a "wonderful" day!

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #95  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--

Hope they get to the bottom of your problems and come up with something.

The weather here is beautiful, and I am looking forward to walking the dog.

I think we need a new "home" for March. Can anyone do that?

Hey, I finally sent in the information for my web site. What a hassle it has been! I hope it's worth it.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #96  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you know I will be having my CT scan on Tuesday. However, I cannot get an appointment with the Urologist until April 3rd. If the CT scan shows that I need immediate attention, they said they would get me in sooner, even if it meant with the other urologist.

Talk to all of you soon!
Anita
Old 03-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #97  

Hello Ladies,

Nita - I sure hope they get you some answers. WTG on your 1 lb loss. Do you know a pattern of when you feel bad to what your eating? Will say a prayer for your daughter and her family.

Cat - the weather is beautiful here to. Yesterday it was in the 90's! Can you believe that. We really need the rains here.

Taking a vacation day tomorrow. Running errans and then cleaning house. Saturday taking my 3 year old niece to see a play - Snow White.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #98  

Just a quick note because I have to get to bed. I must be up by 3.30 in the morning to catch the early flight.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. Heres a couple of pictures of my two orchids currently out.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #99  
Give peace a chance.

Shad--how beautiful. Does someone care for them while you're gone, or do you take them along?

Patty--hope you had a great time with your niece. Sigh, I wish mine were close enough to do things with.

OK--DA-TA--web site available. I think it is fine (I read the policy), if it isn't a LINK. So you can look at wwwdotstoriesbyannedotcom. Hope you like it!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #100  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - what beautiful orchids. That is something I know I could never grow. Their so delicate.

Nita - Will look your site up after posting here.

Nita - Keeping you in my prayers for good test results.

Had a wonderful time with my niece. Took her to see her first play, she only three, keep her attention for about 45 minutes then she started to get restless. We left at intermission but she didn't know that.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #101  
Give peace a chance.

Kickin' us up to the top
Old 03-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #102  

Hello Ladies,

Gosh where does the time go. It's been 5 days since i last logged on.

We'll I went to see the chiropractor last saturday. She did a very thorough examination of me. My right hip is out of place & the right leg is shorter. It tilts forward more than the left. She said that is why I get the pain on my back of my hip. She did an adjustment and it felt wonderful all evening, unfortunately when I awoke the next day I had the pain again. She called me the next day to see how I was feeling (she knew this was my 1st time with chiro) I told her that the pain was back. She said it takes a while to get the muscles to adjust back. I went again yesterday and so far it has not moved back. You know this has been bothering me for over 3 years. And when I say pain, it's not a pain that keeps me home or anything, it's just a aching pain I've had. I even went to see my MD and he took xrays and said nothing's wrong. Makes me wonder why my MD didn't say anything. I think he was looking for something broken.

Anyway I'm going to keep seeing her and see what happens.

Hope everyone is having a good day and hope to hear from you all this weekend.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #103  

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days. I had to postpone my CT scan because when I went to pick up the stuff you have to drink the woman informed me that afterwards you could have some diarrea problems and since I bowl in the league on Tuesdays we changed it to this coming Wed. You don't have to fast, however, I have to drink two bottles of this banana-flavored barium before I get there and when I arrive they give me another bottle. I sure will be happy when it is over. I have my annual scheduled on Monday, the 20th, so perhaps the report will have gotten over there by then and I can find out what is going on.

Diet-wise I messed up and gained back about 2-1/2 lbs. but after talking with my daughter last evening she gave me the incentive to get back in control. She just joined WW and lost 5.6 lbs. her first week. I am so happy for her. I have decided to paste the WW diary sheets in my book and will track points as well as calories to see just how different it might be. Today is the first day it has rained in Phoenix for over 143 days. It has given me incentive to stay indoors and do some embroidery work.

Hope you are all having a "wonderful" weekend!

Anita
Old 03-12-2006, 12:20 AM   #104  

Better get this done before the day gets away from me as yesterday did. Somehow when I got home from gym the world fell on top of me and I slept most of the afternoon. Must have needed it! I did manage to do a couple of things but the weekend schedule has gone to pot and good riddance to it. I am not going to achieve all that I wanted but like all types of work, it will still be waiting for me next weekend.

I am thinking that I might come to Canada and USA sometime later this year - probably September'ish. No guarantees, but my friend Chris has definitely cancelled Europe until next year and is going home to check out her DD's new house instead - provided she is fit enough to travel by then. At the moment she is in hospital in Japan and trying to get on top of the Churg Strauss problem she has.

So I will be starting to plan out Shad's rough guide to the US in the next couple of weeks and get an itinerary to the Travel Agent for prices etc. by the middle of April. I'm hoping I can use some of my frequent flyer points to get through the US. No ideas as to when, how or where as yet, so feel free to bombard me with suggestions (polite of course). I am talking with the mob in Townsville (remember I used to work up there?) and they want me back to do an upgrade/ change management/ bullying type training again either late this year or next year so that may affect things somewhat. We will wait and see. I can't see that happening this year as there is too much planning to be done to implement in November as they were expected. You can't just throw SAP into the computer system and wait for it to work. It needs careful planning (more money for SAP). Sorry too much work talk there.

Following is some 'Zen for people taking life too seriously' for you to giggle over or ignore. Right now I am about to get back on a plane. Catch you later.

1. Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
2 A day without sunshine is like, night.
3. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
4. I just got lost in thought. It wasn't familiar territory.
5. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
7. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
8. Honk if you love peace and quiet.
9. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
10. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
12. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
13. I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
14. Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.
15. Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your week.
16. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
17. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
18. Get a new car for your spouse. It'll be a great trade!
19. Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
20. Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!
21. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
22. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
23. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
24. How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
25. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
26. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
27. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
28. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
29. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
30. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
31. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
32. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
33. I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.
34. I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
35. Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
36. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck happened.
37. Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
38. Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #105  

Hello Ladies,

This weekend went by way to fast. Yesterday, did some running around, and Sat. evening went with my sister to go listen to a blues band. Sunday went to church, then picked up one sister and 3 year old niece and went to a St. Patrick's Day parade. There were two in Dallas this weekend, Sat. was the big one, but we went to sunday's. Didn't have to worry about the crowd or parking.

Nita - I've never had a ct scan, but I've had to drink a barium drink for some xrays that they were taking of my stomach and how long it took to process. I remember they told me to drink lots and lots of water after they finished, otherwise I would get constipated. I guess your's must be a different barium mix. Will keep you in my prayers.

Shad - I don't know when your planning your US visit, but if you come down south to Texas, your welcome here. There's so much to see in the US. Of course Washington has all the monuments, the capital, the musuems. New York, what can I say, the broadway shows. Nevada, has the grand canyon.
California there's LA all the movie stars, the wine vineyards. New Mexico - Santa Fe & Alburbeque - the artist, the Indian pueblos, the mountains.
Gosh there's so much to see and alot depends on where your coming down. Loved your Zen message.

talk to you all later,