Old 11-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #16  
Cynical RedHead

Hmm, 1200 a day, Carla? Apology accepted

Yesterday wasn't that bad - I ended up eating about 2070 total, but i exercised earlier in the day, and I have already done 35 minutes on the elliptical today.
I am completly bombing this week's challenge. But i still have two more days to try to meet my 5-a-day goal.

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and is enjoying the long weekend!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 238/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Water, water and more water!

I have done great with my water. You would think after drinking so much I would learn to like it but my diet coke is still number 1! I lost 2 more pounds this week for a total of 21! Yea! I am excited. I hope I can keep it up.

Betty
Betty925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #18  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Proud to report some measure of success this week!

I did 10-11 minutes on the stationary bike three days in a row now! It's a cool one - it works out your arms as well. I'm also doing stretches afterwards, and it's scary how stiff and inflexible my body became in the last 2 months... not that I ever was flexibile, but now is a thousand times worse than in the summer...

Is anyone else doing the 21-day challenge? (Other than Carla, I know you are! ) I'm on Day 11 of my running challenge, and I'm so sore! But I'm thinking of doing a second challenge at the same time (possibly 28 day one), that would be doing crunches. Did them yesterday and today after biking - OUCH!

Anyhow, today is Sunday and I've already done the biking, so I better start thinking of a challenge for next week. I'm thinking of a combination of doing something good, and not doing something bad.
I've decided I'm not going to count water intake and not eating after 7 pm as my goals - this is just something to DO, like going to bed early enough to be functional at work the next day. Besides, I feel I'm in control as far as those two goals are concerned.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #19  

Default Sunday Report

Turkey Weekend is killin' me! Aaaaugh! I am afraid to even get on the scale tomorrow - I can feel the extra pounds in my pants! I did manage to get on the this a.m. and get a 20 minute workout in. My "Energy Up" book came in the mail yesterday and I started reading it again. DD and I are going to start on the 6 week body makeover tomorrow and I am also adding (or subtracting) the "no white processed foods" elements. Tonight we will be packing up all the white processed foods in our cupboards for the charity box at church.

Sushi for your 3 days! I might jump on the 21 day with you and carla and go for exercise again. What an awful experience at the pharmacy I don't think I have inquired into any program where I was not "fat" enough.

Betty for your water and for 2lbs down! How many days this week did you make your goal?

Fish for your tenacity with exercising.

carla for keeping to your diet in the face of Turkey Day meals!

Okay Ladies - don't forget we are all going to report oiur weigh in's tomorrow. If possible - let's shoot for weight posts by noon. Have a great day.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:09 PM   #20  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Just quickly - it's Monday here, so I just want to post my challenge for the week (while on break at work, must HURRY!)

The goal is:
NO SWEETS & AT LEAST 10 min on the STATIONARY BIKE with stretching afterwards.
The challenge is:
to meet both of those every day (one does not count!)
Bonus challenge: to use the stairs at work, not the elevator (I work on the ground floor, so not much need for the elevator, but still)

Sushi
Old 11-28-2005, 05:41 AM   #21  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I AM SO TIRED AND SORE!

It's Monday night here. I did 90 minutes of Ashtanga Yoga today, and completed all my challenges!

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 11-28-2005 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #22  

Thumbs up Water, Water and more water!

So far I have had my water everyday but one. So that is good for me. And today for the first time in a long time I walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #23  

Weigh-in day! The good news is no gain. The bad news is no loss. But I'll take the 198.4 - it's better than the usual boomerang back up, and the weekend was pretty much off program.

Sushi, it sounds like you're on the right track. I've tried yoga many times, and like the concept, but it's just too discouraging for people like me with inflexible bodies. Keep up the good work! I just checked back in the posts, and you claim to be inflexible too! So how did you manage that yoga?

Mscat, the real question was whether it was all worth it. (I know I don't regret the delicious slice of chocolate cake I ate Saturday at that party...) And you and DD are already starting with your Energy Up program! I've looked for it here, no luck so far, but I may be able to order thru the library.
Cat, I think you'll have to take back my kudos for last week: it wasn't turkey day here, just the usual pre-Christmas temptations.

Sweet, bravo on dusting off the old treadmill. And the water, of course. My new diet plan asks for 8 cups of water per day, plus an extra cup for every extra 25 lbs. But they allow diet soft drinks or teas, non-caffeinated for part of it, so I've continued to guzzle caffeine-free diet pepsi.

Bonnie, my heart went out to you when I read your post. I'm so very glad you had the time with him, and that he was able to express his love for you. At least now his suffering is over, but it is so hard to lose a brother.

This week's challenge: to stay on the new diet.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #24  

Hi! Everybody i am back from our little trip to visit friends and can you believe me I put back 3 pounds will try to get rid of them this week because next week I am going to India and I am sure I am going to gain back every pound I lost here with so much ex and efforts.
I weighed in today at 156 lb.
my challenge for this week will be: drinking 64 oz of water
exercise in the evening too
monetering my snacking that is quite a challenge......
I hope next monday I would be some lb less
have a good day all of you.....
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #25  

Oh Boy! My weigh in is 236 - which is 4lbs up Although it is a little lower than I expected after all the food I ate for Thanksgiving! I did start today with my new plan - 5 weeks of combination Body Makeover plan and Energy Up (which in includes no white processed foods and 64 oz min. of water a day) and exercising at least 5 times a week. I am proud to say I am working on a 50 oz bottle of water and already got my workout in.

Dear Bonnie - how my heart goes out to you - I am also filled with joy for you that you were able to be with your brother before the end. How blessed was he to have you for a sister - you are a testament of love. We are blessed to have you as a part of our group caring for us at this time of your own personal need. God bless you.

Sandy - Great goals and thanks for the weigh in.

Sushi - Good luck on your goals and great job last week.

carla - for no gain - I am sooo jealous! I got my Energy Up! book on amazon for about $3.50 with shipping (.70 for the book!)

Betty - for 6 days of meeting your water goal.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #26  

Goal for this week:

Exercise 5 times between Sunday and Saturday (did 1 full workout on Sunday, 4 to go).

Track the water--aim for 64 oz.

Good luck to all.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #27  

Default Goal for this week

Goal for this week:

1. Exercise 3x this week. (struggling with this one).

2. Drink 64 ounces of water daily. (doing good on this one).

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #28  

Default New Thread for the Week!

DON'T POST HERE - GO TO WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #23 - 5 WEEKS LEFT TILL CHRISTMAS!
MSCAT
Old 11-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #29  

We had a great week - kudos to . . .

Fishwoman

sandy - goals for the week - 64 oz and exercise in the evenings.

carla for no weight gain!

Sushi - goals NO SWEETS & AT LEAST 10 min on the STATIONARY BIKE with stretching afterwards. The challenge is to meet both of those every day (one does not count!) Bonus challenge: to use the stairs
at work, not the elevator (I work on the ground floor, so not much need for the elevator, but still) for Monday's goals met!

Betty - for 6 days of Goals met! SGoals for the week - exercise 3x a week and 64 oz of water a day - We are behind you and a for Monday's exercise goal met.

Elanjel - Goals for the week - Exercise 5 times between Sunday and Saturday (did 1 full workout on Sunday, 4 to go). Track the water--aim for 64 oz.

and even I made the scoreboard this week!

Have a great evening ladies!