3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Week At A Time Challenge #22 - 6 Weeks Left Till Christmas! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/68902-week-time-challenge-22-6-weeks-left-till-christmas.html)

mscat816 11-21-2005 03:11 PM

Week At A Time Challenge #22 - 6 Weeks Left Till Christmas!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

December 25 is our newest short-term challenge date - Even if you are not celebrating Christmas feel free to take on that date with us or December 31 (New Year) as the end of the challenge. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in big losses!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

1of3Wishes 11-21-2005 03:25 PM

Looks like it's a slow start for all, unless you all posted on last week's thread.

I had a horribly lazy weekend and am paying the price for it today. I walked at first break, but didn't even break a sweat and felt like I could have just sat down half way through and stayed there until my legs stopped hurting. :nono: But I kept going and have a total of 2,535 steps so far. I didn't walk at lunch and I may not walk at second break. My motivation is just not there.

I'm hoping something gets me started! I won't get anything accomplished with this attitude!!!

Hope you all are having a better day! It's a short week for most of us; we can do it!!!! :cheers:

mscat816 11-21-2005 10:51 PM

Last Weeks Kudos

Hi Ladies - it's been a busy day - I am working this week to get that darn water in everyday! Last weeks leaders were . . .

Sushi :cheer: it was great to have you back with us. Hope to see you again this week.

Elanajel :cheer: :cheer: Great goals for the week - 4 days of exercise and no eating after dinner.

1of3 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and :bravo: for being in onederland!

carla :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and :bravo: for being in onderland!

sandy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and :bravo: for sticking to your goals in the face of sadness. What an inspiration you are to all of us. We are with you in prayer :grouphug:

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: and :cb: :cb: for 2lbs down.
Appleblossom :wave: we look forward to you joining us next week!

Fishwoman :wave: looking forward to hearing great things from you this week as you attack 5 veggies/fruits a day.

Betty :welcome2: we are so happy to have you - you will find this group very warm and supportive. I support your 64 oz of water - that is my goal for this week too! In case no one told you how to edit your signature - go to user cp (control panel), click on edit signature, and add what ever you would like for your sign off in front of your tracker url.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

sandybhat 11-22-2005 10:45 AM

Hi! :wave:Everybody Thank you so much for the support and care and warmth everybody have extended to me it means a lot to me......... regarding the weighin I couldnt wait till tomorrow so my weighin today is 153 lb that is a pound less than earlier so I did this one......I hope I will be able to keep loosing with such motivation although grief has taken over my heart but Bonnie has motivated us all Thanks for your support.
so long girls............:grouphug:

sandybhat 11-22-2005 10:54 PM

going out for rest of the week will log in on monday..........
so long girls........ by the way I have lost 10% of my weight loss goal

carla49 11-23-2005 12:11 AM

Big Carla here dreading tomorrow's weigh-in - the scale this morning was not my friend, :( and I don't seem to be in that nice earlier century any more. One step forward, two steps back. :shrug: But I have done my 5000 steps today, and yesterday was my one-hour spin class which is the equivalent of about a million steps. Also no white flour yet. My downfall: raw almonds on special. Lots of raw almonds. Which are perfect munchie food, unfortunately. The only plus: they have a LOT of fiber in them, with the results one would expect... And there are none left. I threw the last few out. Keeping :crossed: that tomorrow will be a good scale day.

Sushi Penguin 11-23-2005 01:37 AM

Hi all :)
I'm doing great with "no coffee this week" and fine with water. Somewhat less fine with "no sweets" and thus not fine with "no food after 7 pm" yesterday. And today I had 4 sushi rolls for lunch instead of 2...

Not doing anything re: exercise other than my 21-day running challenge (on hold yesterday because of a migraine). On Monday there was laundry hanging on the stationary bike, yesterday I had a headache, today I got up too late... excuses excuses excuses! But tomorrow is my second tennis lesson, hurray.

FishWoman 11-23-2005 10:12 AM

Good morning! I got in my 5 servings of fruits/veggies yesterday. Not Monday though. I am going to keep trying today and the rest of the week.

mscat816 11-23-2005 10:59 AM

Hump Day!

Mornin' Ladies -

This challenge has added so much spice to our weekly goals - Thank you again, Bonnie for starting it! I am going to be chicken and weigh in a little later in the day after I have had some water. Starting on my first 32 oz and it's only 10 a.m.!

Just a brief note on my "Dream House" saga - thought we were going to be done with the last of renovations yesterday - our carpets were suppose to be installed in DD's room, guest room and hall. They called a couple of weeks ago to say the carpet was in and scheduled the install . . . only DD's carpet was actually in! They installed her carpet and installed instock stuff temporarily - which means we have to move stuff into and out of the spare room two more times. Will it never end???

Bonnie - congrats on staying in onderland. I know that this is a time of sadness for you but I hope opportunity to be with your brother will be a blessing at the same time. :hug:

Sushi - hang in there! Get over the turkey day hump and start afresh with me.

Carla - you are sooo funny. I enjoy your posts - you should be in Toastmasters and go for Humorous Speech Contest! I love almonds too.

Sandy - have a blessed Thanksgiving and be filled with the love and memories you have that lives on with you :grouphug:

1of3, Betty, Apple, Fish and anyone else I may miss - Have a great Thanksgiving!

carla49 11-23-2005 11:03 AM

Shock and amazement! The same scale that brought me down yesterday was oh-so-kind this morning. 198.5!!! Even if it doesn't last (and yet it must) it's a pretty nice start to the day.

Today is my first appt with a weight management clinic. It's not that I don't know how to lose weight, it's that I don't know how to make myself do it. Or not do it, as in eat junk and/or eat too much. The idea of counting calories or points or exchanges is something I so want to avoid, even tho I know it works. I'll report later on how it goes, and what alternative method they come up with.

I had forgotten the site would be down tomorrow for Thanksgiving. (We had ours over a month ago. How quickly we forget...) Happy Turducken or Tofurkey or Tosushi or whatever you've opted for.

Fish, I can't imagine sushi or sashimi for Thanksgiving dinner. Wouldn't it be just as healthy and "good" to opt for breast meat, lots of veg (no candied yams!), potatoes with no gravy, too full to eat dessert.... Apart from the pressure to consume excessive amounts, I find turkey dinners quite wholesome. And I know you won't agree with me, but I think 1300 cal on average for an active woman like you awfully low. I'm convinced you'd lose on 1500-1800 if you choose the calories wisely. Speaking of which, enjoy the wine, and have a glass on me!

Yesterday was another no-white-flour day, and I managed to drag myself out late in the evening for a brisk walk in the increasingly cold weather. But I dug out my warm coat and a hat (a "tuque" as we Canadians call it), and it was lovely.

Bonnie, I hope you enjoy your bittersweet Thanksgiving visit. :hug: I'll be thinking of you and your brother, and take the opportunity to remember my own brother. And thanks for the weigh-in idea. I think it'll spur us all on.

So where is Mscat? No weigh-in for our busy leader? Congrats on your success with the Toastmaster's competition! :encore:

Gotta go.

FishWoman 11-23-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Fish, I can't imagine sushi or sashimi for Thanksgiving dinner. Wouldn't it be just as healthy and "good" to opt for breast meat, lots of veg (no candied yams!), potatoes with no gravy, too full to eat dessert.... Apart from the pressure to consume excessive amounts, I find turkey dinners quite wholesome. And I know you won't agree with me, but I think 1300 cal on average for an active woman like you awfully low. I'm convinced you'd lose on 1500-1800 if you choose the calories wisely. Speaking of which, enjoy the wine, and have a glass on me!
Carla - It's not actually the Thanksgiving dinner I am worried about. I don't like gravy or candied yams, and I do like lots of veg. It is the whole day in general, which, in my family (and my in-laws), seems to focus around hanging out and snacking. If I am busy and active, I'm not really hungry. But when I am just sitting around, I feel ravenous. I know it is a boredom thing, and I really have tried all the tricks like drinking water, having a piece of fruit, etc., but frequently I end up nibbling all day long at nuts, candy, crab dip, etc. Until I have eaten the entire house!

I won't even start arguing today about the amount of calories ;) I tell you what - when I get down to 135, I will start eating between 1500-1800 and continuing my exercise. If I continue to lose weight I will owe you an apology and a drink :D

carla49 11-23-2005 04:29 PM

Hey Fish, just in case you could use a good laugh: I went off to my diet doctor today and he's put me on a 1200 cal per day diet. Somehow I feel like it's retribution for being a know-it-all! If I actually follow it, I should shrivel down to nothing within a matter of weeks. :lol: And then we can both have a drink to celebrate. Meanwhile, you already have my apology.

Mscat, renovation he** - enough to drive you to junk food and drink! I haven't done much of the actual reno part yet, I just demolish bits and pieces from time to time and don't repair them. Not a pretty sight. And somehow it's always so much worse than expected. As for almonds, I had to laugh at the WL clinic: they highly recommend almonds as a snack - 10 of them. At that rate I'm already several months ahead of schedule. But I bought some anyway and if I can't control myself I'll turf the remainder or give them away.

It's already Wednesday, but I still think I'll change my challenge mid-stream. Starting tomorrow, my challenge will be to stay within the diet plan AND get 250-500 calories worth of exercise per day. (Of course if i get more than 500 I won't necessarily beat myself up over it...)

mscat816 11-24-2005 06:15 PM

Happy Turkurkin Day!

Just popping in to say - Yech! I did not lose any weight on weigh-in Wednesday - got my water in but forgot my high blood pressure med which always results in water retention.

Taking it now and pushing water for the rest of the evening - our Turkey dinner comes tomorrow when MIL arrives. Going to have to do some extra treadmill work to make up for what I am going to eat tomorrow.

Short term goals during this holiday challenge is 225 by 12/9 (DH's Holiday Party at work :eek: ) and 215 by 12/31. I know that is agressive but as Mary Kay always says shoot for the moon and you will land amongst the stars!

carla - what an awesome challenge - :cheer: you can do it! Congrats on your pounds down!

Bonnie - thinking and praying for you :hug:

Sushi Penguin 11-24-2005 10:27 PM

Talk about humiliation...
They have this "boost your diet" program in pharmacies here, so I decided to go and get some information... took me 3 weeks to get the courage.
And I got cross-examined about my weight, height, BMI, diet exercise and etc. with a queue of 8 people behind me taking in every word. And all to be told that I don't qualify becuase I'm not fat enough... :?: :mad: