Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #136  

It would be less discouraging if the scale would move just a smidge...

Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #137  

Default good morning!

Hi ladies,

Happy Thursday morning! Only two more days until a three day weekend!!

Welcome jelynn!

Cathy - as far as exercising goes, I try to do the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I love the spinning class which burns alot of calories and would highly recommend it to anyone!!! I also try to walk alot more (rather than taking the elevator!!). I would also recommend Billy Blank's Tae Bo tapes. They have done wonders for me in the past. I need to start getting into them on the weekends, as I don't work out in the gym then.

I am doing much better today. Brought my food journal to work with me. I also brought a veggie tray (carrots and celery) for snack and yogurt with pineapples for a snack as well. I'm really trying hard!!

Shelley- thanks! I feel much better. I think I was just a bit hard on myself earlier this week. That scale really put me in a bad place. I'm back on track now.

Have a great day!!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #138  
barb

Height: 5'7

,I hear the tapHi glad to hear you are doing good. Cathy , I do whatever I can. I am 42.Oh I may as well say 43,it will be here sooner than I want.It is harder to lose this weight as I age. I love the elipticor,areobics, swimming whatever I can fit in my schedule for the day. I always feel like a million bucks after working out. There is so much out there ,I also do the ta-boe tapes. They are great. I hear there are alot of good dvds now. Try some different things so you do not get bored............I did not work out today... To busy, tom I will make up for it. I wore some jeans today that I took off after a while they were bugging me because they were lose..WHOOOOO that made me feel great...I will check in later.
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #139  

Default Hello!

Hi everyone,

Dj - that's awesome about those pants! I bet that did make you feel great! Congrats!!!

The only day I didn't work out was Wednesday. Today I'm going to do some work on the treadmill and elliptical bike. I don't have a full one hour lunch as I came in a bit late. I was thinking of doing the spinning class, but I can't even stay very long (about 30 minutes only).

Have a great weekend! I'll be back online on Tuesday when I get back to work.

Take care.

Lisa
Old 01-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #140  
barb

Lisa good for you on the workouts. Hey anything helps. You sound like youo like the same kind of workouts like I do. I actually got 1hr and 35min in today. Treadmill walking and running and an arebics class that kick my but again after working the tread. Oh wel I better see some results this week. The carb thing is getting old. Althoough I am so afraid of eating any because I do not want to gain that weight back. Oh well chat later... where is everyone?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #141  

Default Hello

Hi dj - yeah, I have no clue where anyone else is. I feel like I'm talking to myself. LOL!

Good for you - 1 hour and 35 minutes!!!! Way to go!

I'm still waiting to head to the gym. I'm stuck waiting on some work to do first. Then, I'll head out!!

Yesterday I did the spinning class and pushed myself so much it hurt, literally!! I just want to do a workout today and not injure myself. LOL!

Have a great weekend! I'll be checking online probably later this afternoon, then not back until Tuesday. No work for 3 days!! Yeah.

Lisa
Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #142  

I just bought Walking away the pounds on ebay. I figure I should have them in about a week. I'm getting pretty excited about this. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I only weigh in once a month. What are your opinions on that?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #143  
Shelleybelly

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Had Bunco last night and was pretty good. Passed on the dessert. Everyone keep up the good work on the exercise!

shelleybelly
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #144  

Does anyone know of some good low carb, low sugar snacks?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #145  
barb

Cathy I heard those tapes are great. Yes i do have some snacks. Have you tried the laughing cow cheese that on celery is really good. It has to be light. I also take a no sugar added fudge pop and let it get soft, add a tbsn of cool whip lite or ff, and a tspn of natural pnb mix it up it taste just like a reese pnb cup .I also do a mocha shake with riccota that sounds so gross but I love it...If you are interested let me know and I will give the recipe to you. Go onto the sb thread and there is a section on snacks. If you can not find it let me know...........I have not worked out today I think I may have to do it at home tonight. Still doing thre sb but it seems to be getting harder. Good luck everyone on your weekend.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #146  

djmommy~ I went to wal-mart and bought walk the walk with Leslie Sansone, my I did the one mile walk and I believe I love it! I would be interested in the recipes if you don't mind. I want so bad to succeed. Good Luck to all.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #147  
Shelleybelly

Cathy, Djmommy - Sounds like you both are doing great! Keep up the good work. I am going to walmart today and picking up the dvd where you can dance too! Something that I can do and the kids would get a kick doing with mommy. The reese cup snack that you wrote about sounds delicious!

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #148  

I'm giving it my ole' heave hoe.. Went to a baby shower today and didn't exactly stay on program, but I'm picking up from this minute. Can't beat myself up when things like this come up! Hope you are all having a great weekend. Oh I'd like a copy of those recipes if I could, please...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #149  
Shelleybelly

Cathy - You are doing great. Every now and then you have to splurge or you feel like you are being deprived. You have been exercising and watching what you are eating. One day won't hurt you!

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #150  
barb

I found you guys I had to go through your site shelly and punch in all your threads you started. I could not find you guys at all. Maybe I am blind. Hopefully I will find you all again. Shelly let me know how you like the workout tape. I love dancing. Well guys down another pd. Total is 12pds.... I did fall off the last 2 days. Not a whole lot, but enough to make me relize to shape it up.I need to stop. Have not worked out since friday. Tom I will hit ti hard. I hope I stay focused. Cathy I will try to get the recipe later to you .I have to cook dinner.Chat later.