Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #76  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, you guys! I knew you'd appreciate the duds. When Howie took that picture, I couldn't wait for you to see it! I am just maintaining again, so having the new clothes was a nice motivator. I want them to become too big.

Jill, maybe you're needing to eat more nutrient-dense foods, ones that will stick with your body and really nourish it? I know I feel sated longer when I stick to foods in those categories. Here's a great article at Calorie King about all that:

http://www.calorieking.com/library/a...th=&art_id=860

Especially see the section on nutrient-dense foods:
http://www.calorieking.com/library/a...&noviews=yes#1

Hope that helps some!

I am on dial-up right now because our cable internet is out once again. This is the fourth time in a month, and it's out for hours at a time. This time the tech I chatted with said they don't show any local outtages, so they need to send someone out here *tomorrow* to look at everything. *sigh* The stuff I do from home is hard to do on dial-up, plus I don't want to tie up the phone. I'd better get off of here - looks like I need to do some offline stuff today!
Old 11-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #77  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi gals, I'm back! The temp is doing well on her own, so I have escaped to another computer.

Thanks for being so generous to let me post on here. Sometimes I feel like my posts get swallowed on the bigger groups. It's nice to build a rapport with a smaller group of gals in the same boat as me.

Kimberley, I love your new outfit! I love Lane Bryant clothes, especially their stretch jeans that fit so nicely! And, as far as the dialup goes, at least you have that at home--we've got nothing at the moment! My only online time is sneaking a few minutes at work! Soon though, we should be online at home.

Jill: I know the hunger thing! I'm trying to vary my calories each day to trick my body. Today is one of my lowest cal days (1200). As of 4 pm eastern time, I only have about 365 cals left Guess I might go over a bit today....(PS: Great job on your big loss this week--4.25 lbs!)

Aimee and Marge: How ya gettin' along today?

I'm so excited--my best friend and godson are coming for the holiday! They should be arriving Friday night or Saturday.

Gotta scoot--the boss wants some typing done!!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 AM   #78  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Bah, I know, I know, whole foods...I've gotten away from the whole foods lately due mostly to the convenience and my laziness Anyway, I started today with a glass of Carnation instant breakfast with skim milk, so I had 12g of protein before I even left the house for the gym. Hopefully, that will help hold me over a little better. I know chocolate-flavored drink powder isn't exactly a whole food, but I figured the milk would be a good start Then I did my full 30 minutes on the elliptical (actually about 33--I got sucked into the issue of Cosmo I was reading ) on LEVEL 3--I've always only done level 1 before, so I ended up burning over 400 calories in those 30 minutes--woohoo!

Well, after yesterday's minor pig-out (though I still managed to stay below 2200 calories) and my recent water retention, I was considering playing sick to get out of my TOPS meeting tonight, but I have decided that no, I have to go. I have to face both the good and the bad, so even though tonight will be bad, I need to be there.

Jen--I know what you mean about getting lost in the bigger groups. Even though everyone is really nice and helpful, it's great to have a few people who really listen and understand

This morning when I was walking into the office, a woman stopped me and commented on how great I looked and how much weight I'd lost. I don't even know this woman's name or even what she does here, so it made me feel really good because you KNOW those are the super-genuine kind of compliments, ya know? Definitely helped to start my day off on the right foot
Old 11-17-2005, 11:39 AM   #79  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Aimee, now you've put diamond earrings in my mind! You might like garnet earrings. It's a beautiful stone (deep red). I always like bath gels too. A Sephora gift certificate (or basket). Just some ideas off the top of me head.

Kimberley, I'm reading those articles. I need to work harder on the food. I've been exercising a lot less than usual, I think I'm afraid of screwing up my leg again then I'll be stuck not exercising at all. Usually the exercise makes up for any overindulgence, like yesterday Rob made these tortilla wedges, with cheese and hamberger (and taco seasoning, speaking of high sodium). We had green beans and chick peas with them, but I couldn't stop eating the wedges. So, Jill, I hear you about not wanting to step on the scale tomorrow. It doesn't look good for me this week. But I can remember you thinking you didn't do well then having a 4 lb loss.

Jen, I happen to be wearing LB stretch jeans as I type. And a sweatshirt I got from there. I guess you'd have to call this a Lane Bryant day for me (all my underwear too -- too much info again!) It's nice to share the holidays with special people -- rather than headache inducing people heh heh.

People Names McConaughey 'Sexiest Man': be real. I would have put in a vote for Joaquin Phoenix, who has some nice charisma goin' on there.

have a good one, chicas
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #80  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi gals:

Trying to deal with the temp as I take my co-worker's place. I have found I'm not as adaptable as I thought I was. I REALLY hate having my daily routine interrupted!! Oh well, it's only for today, until next week....

Jill: I really need to eat whole foods too. I'm relying on too many convenience things like Slim Fast High protein bars and such. I have just been so HUNGRY this week trying to shock my body with wild calorie intakes. I'm not used to what hunger feels like, and it's freakin' me out!!

Marge: I, too, am dressed head to toe in LB today--undies and all! I bought some cute little things a couple of months ago, like boy panties and thongs for you know who!

And--Matthew M as sexiest man? Some vote stuffing going on there! I am more interested in classic looking men, like Richard Gere and Mel Gibson. Must be my age

I've heard of Sephora--have wondered what their make-up is like. I will have to find a store and give it a try. I have used Mary Kay for a long time, even sold it for a brief stint (HUGE mistake on my part--was definitely not for me!)

Will see you around!!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning Gals! I have normally been weighing in on Friday's... but I realize I just won't be able to tomorrow morning... so I need to brave that scale today. I really don't want to though! heh.... or WAIT! What if I push it to Saturday instead? I am trying to rationalize this away.

Kimberley - dialup is so hard after having highspeed internet! I don't know how you are dealing!

Jen - I feel lost in those huge groups as well... I guess I'm pretty needy, so this works for me

Jill - I've decided I hate scales... mostly I have a fear of getting on it! Although Marge has a good point, you will likely lose 10 pounds and we'll all secretly hate you hehe.. Congrats to you, it's SO nice when people start to notice that weight loss! Definitely gives an extra punch to things!

Marge - Aww, I love the ideas I cannot have baths, for some weird reason we live in a place with no bath tub... grrr! I love Sephora My brother brought me nail stuff from there this time, I am addicted. I got tons of stuff from Sephora last christmas, and then for my birthday.. I almost have everything Whats WRONG with me? I was thinking purses, but I do love mine. Do they make rings with Garnet stones in them? I'd love a really nice ring with a huge-ish stone in it. I have an idea, woohoo!!

Okay, I am off to exercise, eat healthy, and possibly get on the scale! I have not made up my mind yet...

-Aimee
Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM   #82  

Jen - just noticed your post (I guess it took me a while to write mine! ), Sephora is lovely.. it's cosmetic/perfume HEAVEN I have tinted moisturizor from Stila ( a brand they carry), and my skin looks and feels GREAT Uhm, I also use Sephora mascara, lip glosses (I have 2 kinds), eye shadow, and should invest in some eyeliner. They carry so many brands that even I need help navagating the store!! It's expensive, and a full face of makeup can cost you over 150 bucks.

I could go on for hours, but I must get some exercise in... ttyl!

-Aimee
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #83  
Eating for two!

Aimee--I have a garnet ring that my parents bought me for my 8th grade graduation (the only real piece of jewelry I own!). My birth stone is actually a ruby (July), but the rubies are a little pinker whereas the garnets are a much nicer red (and since my mother knows I HATE pink, she opted for the garnet--smart woman ).

Hmm...since I don't have any other real jewelry, maybe I need to request some from "Santa" this year...(okay, here's the one time I wish Jeff would snoop on my computer and read my entry ).

OH, and I am definitely much less hungry today. I don't know what was going on yesterday and the night before, but I feel much better now. It's almost 1pm and all I've had is my Carnation w/milk, a can of coke zero, a packet of weight control instant oatmeal, and a bunch of water, and I don't feel like taking a bite out of the next person who walks into my cube! Ooh, and tonight is SUBWAY night--I LOVE Subway and reserve it for Thursday nights after my TOPS meeting

Last edited by jillybean720; 11-17-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:05 PM   #84  
Shairing her ESH...

Jill: how many cals are you aiming for daily? Just curious...I am trying to work things out so I don't starve to death every day!!

Aimee: I have always loved playing with make-up since I was a very little girl! I love making myself all glamorous!! I will definitely have to look for a Sephora store around here.

Kimberley and Marge--where are you??
Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #85  
Eating for two!

Let's see...I just checked my Fitday, and I had an average of almost 1800 calories per day last week (lost 4.25 pounds), almost 2000 the previous week (lost 2.25 pounds), and about 1750 the week before that (lost 3.25 pounds). This week, I've averaged almost 2000, but I had a TON of sodium (literally enough for about 3 weeks instead of just 1!), so I don't think tonight's weigh-in will go so well (thank you, water retention!).

I didn't really plan on any set range of calories--just seemed to work out this way. So I guess I'm doing okay with a range of 1700-2000 calories average per day each week. I also don't work out for more than 30 minutes a day, and I only do that 3 days a week (I know I should do more, but man, I feel so DRAINED sometimes!).
Quote:
Kimberley and Marge--where are you??
Just so you know, Kimberley is our resident night owl--much more likely to see her post at about 2am than by 2pm I, on the other hand, am up before the sun and check these boards about a million times a day while I'm at the office
Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #86  

Well gals, I am just about to head to work.. but thought I'd tell yah.. I braved the scale. Down 2 pounds this week. I should be happy right? Partly it's because I had let myself gain 7 pounds during the summer, and haven't been able to shake it since. My dieting/exercise life is JUST starting to get back to normal since the beginning of June, that means I just let 5.5 months go by without losing anything. K.. thats all from me! I am off to work, have a great day gals!!

-Aimee
Old 11-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #87  
Shairing her ESH...

Yay Aimee!! 2 pounds is great!!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #88  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, Aimee, that's great! Jill, how'd it go?

I've been puttering around today, just taking it easy and giving my hips a rest. Man, it feels good to do nothing!

The squall parka I got from Land's End is not as warm as I thought it would be. Howie looked at it and said I should have gotten the insulated squall parka. Well...I decided that a long coat would be better since my legs were really cold the other night in the parka.

So, it was a choice between the stadium parka and down commuter coat. I went with the commuter coat since it is warmer, plus its pockets are not the big, flap pockets of the parka. It just looks a bit more feminine to me. I went with the Dark Berry. It'll be interesting to see what the color actually IS, because the Imperial Blue was much lighter than it appeared on the web and in the catalogs. Even if it is pink, the hat and scarf I got will look cute with it. I just hope it's not some shocking pink! LOL

Jen, I like a routine, too. When I worked at a call center, we'd get pulled from whatever work we were doing in customer service support and get put on the phones for orders and customer service calls. I was not a happy camper on those busy days. I don't like mundane routine like office work, though...Guess I like varied work, but to know what it is I'm going to be doing. Does that make sense? Right now, I could use a supervisor breathing over my shoulder, because I am getting diddly squat done on my contract work! I need to get crackin' and log some hours for these clients.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:18 AM   #89  
Eating for two!

Well, as suspected, I did have a gain, but only 1/2 a pound, so I can live with that. I'm still at 270.25, so I won't change my tracker. We won't have a meeting next week since it will be Thanksgiving Day, so I've got 2 weeks to lose at least 3/4 of a pound in order to win out TOPS contest (anyone who loses 10 pounds before Christmas gets a coupon for a free Christmas lilly or poinsetta). Even with the little gain, I'm still down 9.25 pounds since I switched to this chapter/moved in with Jeff

Kimberley--here's hoping that your berry is actually berry and not Pepto!

Aimee--woohoo on the 2 pounds!!

Marge--hmm, I dunno bout Joaquin Phoenix, but I'm positive there are sexier men than Matthew McConnaughy (I'm sure I butchered that--he needs a name that's easier to spell!). Heck, just give it to Brad Pitt for the third time! Normally, I'm sure Tom Cruise would be in the running, but since all this Katie Holmes nonsense, he's pretty much shot himself in the foot. Oh, and Jen, Mel Gibson has won the title before, and I believe Brad Pitt is the only man to have earned it twice (and Sean Connery was the oldest to win it at age 60). I listen to entertainment gossip more than I pay attention to actual world news--how sad
Old 11-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #90  
Shairing her ESH...

Jill: Me too--LOVE Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra, and all the mags too! Kind of a junkie here! One thing I can do without is more publicity for Paris Hilton! (White trash with money, IMO.)

And don't even get me started about Tom Cruise....anyone who would make ignorant statements about psychiatry being a sham or people who take anti depressants being weak is low on my list. And the obnoxious way he's been acting since being with Katie....PUKE!! I hope to goodness Katie's pregnancy and post partum go smoothly....God forbid she should need help if she gets post partum depression! (Okay rant over! LOL)
Closed Thread