Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

So along one that Holiday thing, I was reading in 100LB club the weekly weigh in.. people all refered to it as Thanksgiving week. Thats too funny for me!

Jen - I'm not entirely sure that whole math stuff, I would maybe compensate by adding the calories you are burning? Actually for me, I'd just eat the lesser calories and expect a bigger loss..

-Aimee
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #152  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Jen, I'd stick to the 1600-1700 calorie range for a few weeks while doing the cardio, and see how the losses go. If you don't lose 1-2 pounds average per week, then maybe add a few calories per day and see how that goes. It's not hard science, just trial and error a lot of the time.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #153  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks gals! I appreciate your help!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #154  
Shairing her ESH...

Morning ladies! Well, I didn't do so hot yesterday...I was okay until last night when I decided I needed to eat a WHOLE Totino's frozen pizza--almost 800 cals! UGH! Feeling pretty bloated today with water retention. I'm going to work on being conscious of everything I eat today and drinking LOTS of water. I've almost finished my first 30 oz.

See you all soon!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 AM   #155  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Dang it, I just had a whole response written out, then I clicked on a link in my Outlook thinking it would open a new window, and BAM it opened the link in THIS window and deleted my reponse!

Anyway...

Jen, glad you're back on track today. I've done the whole pizza thing before--except I'm lazy, so I order for delivery, which means it's even bigger and greasier than a frozen pizza

Well I'm only around 950 calories for yesterday and again for today, plus lots and lots of water, and then tomorrow I'll start increasing my calories again. I just wanted this post-holiday water retention weight off ASAP! As of this morning, 2 pounds if it were already gone, so 2 more to go (3 in order to post an actual loss at TOPS on Thursday night). I'm sure I've already lost the bulk of what I could, but I can fantasize about more weight just magically melting off, can't I?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #156  

Goodmorning! I have about 4-5 inches of snow outside, and it's STILL snowing. Yikes! It doesn't snow in this city very often so no one will be prepared which means accidents. This is the reason snow isn't good where I live! Josh had to drive to his parents house this morning to pick up his neice and take her to school because both his parents had tobe somewhere bright and early today... I hope he's okay. They've interrupted the morning news with some Election stuff.. our Government was dissolved I believe. So we are going to have an election in January. It shall be interesting.

Jen - Yesterday I was feeling SO lazy and just wanting to eat everything and anything bad.. luckily I got on the scale and it reminded me that I'm losing weight. I used to keep a scale in my kitchen, and everytime I was tempted to eat something bad... I'd weigh myself instead. That could be bad, but somehow it worked. You'll get back on track, sometimes we gotta give ourselves a few days to get used to the idea of dieting again..

Jill - I hate it when that happens! I think only once I was lucky enough to hit the back button and my post was still there... dunno how that happened. The weight will come off.. you might need more than 4 days tho

Alrighty, I better go get ready for work... I dunno how it's going to be.. the snow will either encourage people to start christmas shopping or keep them at home because no one buys winter tires here!

-Aimee
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #157  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Re: service workers, it would be nice to see people in general treating each other better. Of course you have to keep in mind that I live in New York when I say that. Still, I think a little civility can go a long way: please, thank you, excuse me, way underused phrases.

Jen, I agree with Kimberley, you'll probably need to tinker to find out what works best for you.

Aimee, I did throw out a couple of things from the usual T-day fare, the yam casserole with the brown sugar and pecans GONE, the rolls GONE. Well, I should just be quiet about it now, shouldn't I. Let it slip into done deed land.

I'm not ready for snow. I'll take the rain for a while longer.

Well, I'd better get my Tuesday moving.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:54 AM   #158  
Never surrender

Aimee, I posted just about the same time as you. Is it weird your government dissolved? We just have lots of major scandals then appoint committees to look into them (at the tax payers' expense). The snow's a pain, but at least it's pretty.

I've done that before too, clicking on a link then losing an entire post. Grrrr.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #159  

OMG, biggest loser finale? SO good, they all did SO great!! However, Suzy really seemed like she was on Meth of something.. She just seemed odd. Did you see Gary? I love him... he's my all time fav, him and Dr Jeff tie!

After work I went grocery shopping with Josh, and we were SO hungry that we picked something up. So after 5 days of eating so good, I messed up. I'll pick myself up tomorrow, but wow I feel like a failure. After long conversations with my brother and my american twin, uh huh, you Marge, I realize I reallllllly need to find SOME way to do enjoyable cardio in my house. Exercise video's worked for a while, but I think I might invest in a stationary bike, or something along those lines. I can't really afford a gym membership, 44 bucks a month for 2 years just doesn't.... I don't want to commit to that long! What if I don't LIKE the place? Yah know?

Hmm, okay, This girl has to sleep.. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

-Aimee
Old 11-30-2005, 06:54 AM   #160  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Aimee--I hear ya on the gym membership. I pay about 30 bucks a month, but I almost never go to my gym anymore. I just don't like it, and my membership runs until February, I believe. I had signed a 2-year agreement back when I lived in Virginia Beach, and I LOVED that gym, so I went all the time, and it was worth it, but I just don't like this one as much, and now I'm stuck paying for it anyway. Ahh, live and learn...If I had all the money in the world, I would definitely buy an elliptical for home. That's basically all I use when I do go to the gym anyway. I have bad knees, so I my physical therapist told me to steer clear of stair climbers and even running on a tread mill, but the elliptical is a much gentler workout. Same with the bike--that is a good idea, too. I hope you find something that works out for you (and works you out, hehe!).

As for me, I peeked at the scale this morning, and it said 273.5 The TOPS scale is always lower than my home scale, so at my last TOPS meeting, my home scale said 274 when the TOPS scale said 270. Obviously, I choose to use the TOPS scale as my official weight and for my tracker But that means that I am back down to normal (actually, .5-pound less!) after the disasterous holiday weekend. When I weighed Monday morning, it actually said 278 So I am quite relieved and not so afraid to go to my TOPS meeting tomorrow night
Old 11-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #161  
Shairing her ESH...

Morning ladies!

I agree Aimee--the finale was GREAT! I wrote more about it on The Biggest Loser thread.

Jill, great job! I would go by the TOPS scale too! LOL

Aimee, I've been thinking the same thing for me. Right now I am barely getting exercise at all. I know in order for me to be successful I have to MOVE my body. I'm considering investing in something for home. It has to be something that I can move out of the way when not in use--our apartment is not that big!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #162  
Never surrender

I taped the finale, but I saw bits and pieces of it (switching during commercials). We always watch the Amazing Race. Andrea looked GREAT. So did Seth. I had a little trouble warming up to Matt, he was a always a little bit like Man on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. I missed the first half of that series.

Aimee, don't get too upset about one day of trouble with the diet. You haven't been on it very long, and it takes a little getting used to, it's a big change. Don't beat yourself up, instead think about what decision you would have made instead, and have that plan ready for the next time you're in the same situation. You could even think about why you made that decision. Every misstep is an opportunity to learn how to do better the next time (says Mrs. Diet Dogoody).

This is actually the time of year people are getting rid of stuff. If you look at classifieds or local bulliten boards, you might be able to find a used treadmill or bike for cheap. You could even put up a notice yourself saying your looking for one. I got my first exercise bike from the hallway of my apartment building in Manhattan, someone put it out to get rid of it. I used it for a few years.

I love to walk. The weather now isn't the best for that, unfortunately. A little power walking can go a long way. And I march in place at home, as well as the stuff at the gym. A half hour walk, a half hour marching in place a day can give you a nice cardio routine to start off with. People sometimes feel like if it's not an hour on the elliptical you're just not doing what you need to do, but I don't believe that's true.

Hope that helps! sending you good vibes from the Big Apple!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #163  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi gals! Just got back from taking a 30 minute walk. That's the most movement I've done in ages! It does feel good, though! I'm planning to do some resistence training tonight at home. Better than just sitting!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #164  

It's a COLD one here!! I have piled on a ton of clothes, a blanket and have a little heater near by. I sure could go for a hot chocolate! Good thing I don't have any in my house..

Marge - thank you. Often I get so caught up in feeling like a failure that I actually BECOME one, I had a rough morning for food, but luckily I am locked in my house all day with ONLY healthy foods... so it can only get better! I think if I were to make this decision again, I'd probably do the same thing! Possibly anyways, it was a long day and I wasn't really prepared enough. Josh and I have more cash lately, so thats been a help, but I have a hard time finding snacks.. I gotta get this worked out. I think I'll see what I can find in the bike area, Josh's work sells an elliptical trainer, but it's not the best. I think bike's are probably the best item you can get, price-wise/quality.

Jill - congrats on that weight loss! I wonder how many people will show up for the weigh in.. I'd be scared if there was a holiday such as Thanksgiving like that! Phew, it still baffles me the difference to the Canada- USA thanksgiving difference!

Jen - a 30 min walk is great! I'm lucky that I have an extra room, my place is SUPER small.. but we've been sleeping in the livingroom because there is a weird feeling in the bedroom. I haven't ever been able to sleep in there, sometimes I'll have bad dreams in there. We plan to move as soon as we can, but in the meantime I can use it as a workout room! heh..

Alrighty, I am off to curl up on the couch! Bye!

-Aimee
Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #165  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I could not BELIEVE how good those guys looked, especially. MAN!

Good for you on the scale front, Jill. I snuck on the scale today, too...I'd already had 3 cups of coffee and my morning cereal, and weighed 202. I'm hopeful! Gotta slug down the water today and tomorrow (but not too late in the day tomorrow, LOL!).

My scrapbooking friend from the coffee shop went with me to Hobby Lobby yesterday afternoon and we headed over to her house to work on the scrapbook for Susie. I don't have the pictures printed yet, but we put together papers to use together in layouts and have a lot ready to go. Just need to get those prints ordered now. Would ya believe I was at Ivana's house until 1:00am working on that? Last we'd looked at a clock, it was about 8:30pm...Then Howie called at ten after midnight. Good times.
Closed Thread