Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #61  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Marge, heck YES, this weekend whizzed by! How is it Monday already (and already lunch time?!)?

I've been sleeping a little better lately--instead of waking up every hour or so all night long, I've just been waking up around 2:30-3am and not being able to fall back into a sound sleep. At least I get those first 4-5 hours of actual sleep. Heck, I couldn't even NAP for more than about 30 minutes all weekend, and I am the QUEEN of long, lazy, afternoon naps!

Tiredness aside, we didn't do much this weekend (besides pig out on pizza, Chinese, and diner food ). I'm getting my jealousy more and more under control, as this was the first weekend I didn't end up crying about anything in a while Next weekend, we plan to go Christmas shopping.

Kimberley, I can't WAIT to see the pictures and article! You MUST let us know what issue it is in (I know they have an idea, but things always change, so let us know when you know for sure!).

Aimee, could your brother come take me shopping, too? Even the women on Biggest Loser seem to be losing only about 5 pounds a week--30 pounds a month would be INSANE!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:42 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hmm, when I quit sugar and bread and all that bad stuff, I tend to drop weight like crazy. The first week is usually 10 pounds, second week, maybe 7-8 pounds. I usually stop after that tho... lol.. so thats less than 5 pounds each for the next two and a half weeks. And if I'm ONLY working out and eating healthy, seems doable, don't yah think? We'll see... I'd need to come up with 1300 to pay for my bills while I am gone.

Kimberley - how did it go? I am so excited for you.. I told my mom all about it, I'm sure she'll grab a copy to see.

Marge - I wish it was the weekend all the time. Saturday specifically.. I dislike working all the time. And get this! My district manager has a set schedule for all manager's and assistant managers for the month of Dec, which includes me not getting DEc 27-29th off to spend with my family. I dislike how this is making it nearly impossible for me to have christmas with my family... I am going to have a chat with my manager and impart how important it is for me to have those days off. And if I don't, I may have to consider the other jobs I've been recruited for. Hmm, random rant there, eh?

I am completely tired, and should go make some dinner before I fall asleep.. hehe. I'll talk to you ladies later!

-Aimee
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #63  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Awwww, bummer you're having trouble getting the holiday dates off. Retail can be so sucky that way - I hope it works out for you, Aimee.

Jill, glad this was a better weekend for ya.

Marge, I love those Amazon gift lists. I have created separate ones for clothes, movies, books, etc. It's so handy to keep track of stuff and to just point our friends that way when they want to know what stuff we've been Jonesin' for.

Howie and I went to Columbus tonight and exchanged the clothes left by the wardrobe stylist. Howie got Casual Male and JC Penney gift cards, and I picked up a cute winter hat and scarf at Filene's Basement along with goodies at Lane Bryant. The latter had 40% off the clearance prices of a bunch of stuff. Yippee! Here's the sweaters I found:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sweater01.jpg (12.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg sweater02.jpg (6.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg sweater03.jpg (7.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #64  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Jill, I had a hard time with the eating this weekend. Had store bought pizza, an entire one, myself for lunch one day. Wasn't even that good. So guilt without the pleasure. (And then I ate store bought pizza when I live in Brooklyn with some great pizza places blocks from our apartment.)

Glad you're feeling better.

Aimee, that sucks re: your schedule. I guess it's because the holidays are the hot time for retail. Hang in there, you'll negotiate something. Maybe even some time off around the holidays?

Love those sweaters, Kimberley. It's funny how the internet hasn't been around all that long but how much I've come to use it for so many things, including those amazon lists. I came up with the idea of getting Rob some software for Xmas; and headed over to ebay, where it's about half the price. I got my boss acrobat that way too.

Well, I need to get some work done today.

Take it easy, ladies. (great icon)
Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #65  
Eating for two!

My scale was not friendly this morning. I checked my Fitday, and my average calories for the past week is still about 1750 per day, so I figured nothing wrong with that. Then I looked at my sodium intake On a day where I had Chinese food and pepperoni pizza over the weekend, it said I had over 12,000mg of sodium So perhaps having 5-6 times the normal amount of sodium could cause a wee bit of water retention Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I had pizza all 3 days and Chinese twice, so my sodium intake has been insane. I sometimes forget about the sodium. I don't even own a salt shaker because I don't add salt to ANY of my food, but I failed to consider what was in the food I didn't make myself! Ooh well, flood myself with water for a few days and keep an eye on the sodium intake, and I should be back to normal

Aimee, that TOTALLy sucks! I remember one year when I worked at a movie theater, I had to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, AND New Year's Day! Talk about torture for a college student! Hope you can work something out.

Kimberley, that's awesome that they left some clothes (and that you could return the ones you didn't want!). I can't WAIT to see pictures of you guys in a magazine!!

Marge, I love pizza SO much--it doesn't have to be "good" pizza...to me, almost all pizza is amazing
Old 11-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #66  

Goodmorning!! I slept for 11 hours last night, yup, 11. I must have really needed it! I feel a bit better now tho

I ate SO SO bad this weekend, so perhaps it was something in the air? Well, I always eat bad when my brother is in town, he'd rather eat out than make something at home.. and if you've got money why not right? I had to change my ticker yesterday, I could no longer live in denial about it.. however, I think I managed to shake that pound!

Kimberley - those sweaters are pretty cute! Tis the season for huge sales, it's the best time to shop! At my store we are having a huge sale, a bunch of things were temporarily marked down 25, 30 and 50% off. We are on our 3rd huge promo in a row, and the sales just are NOT there! We aren't making our weeks and might not make our quarter.. which is a bummer cuz I get a 500 dollar bonus if we do make it. BTW, thats too cool about having a wardrobe stylist. Did they do anything different with makeup or your hair? Sometimes its interesting to see the different interpretation a person has of how all of that should look..

Marge - I could go for some yummy pizza! Would you believe I've never bought anything on the internet before? To me it takes the joy out of shopping, heh. Although I should consider looking around online, and doing that whole Amazon list thing. No one knows what to get me for christmas, my bf is even stumped, and I'm always going on and on about what I want around him. Is it possible I'm becoming the girl who has everything? Scary thought!

So today I am off to exchange a t-shirt, my brother bought my "normal" size, and I put it on over 2 layers of clothes and it was HUGE! So I guess I've actually shrunk a size, thats pretty fun Have a good one!!

-Aimee
Old 11-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #67  
Howie6267's Honey

Good morning.

After the early morning and busy day Monday, I wanted to sleep like a rock. I hedged my bet by taking a generic Tylenol PM. I was out like a light, anyway, and that stuff kept me from waking every hour. My bladder nudged me awake one time around 6:00am, but that was it. Aaaaah, sweet sleep.

I'd be going out to eat, too, Aimee! I'm glad so many restaurants have healthy choices on their menus, at least. We went to Applebee's last night and had their Weight Watcher's onion soup au gratin (150 cal, 8g fat, 1g fiber) and tango chicken sandwich (370 cal, 9g fat, 8g fiber). The soup was *very* salty, but oh so *very* good. Don't get that soup, Jill! The salt sure sneaks in on me, I know it!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #68  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

HI ladies....I just spent the last few minutes reading your posts....you all are such a tight knit group! It is great to see how you support each other.

That's all I wanted to say really.....
Old 11-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #69  

Jen - why don't you stay and join in! The more the merrier And if I could pass along this support to everyone I know... I would.. and it's not just about weight loss... its about life. Weight loss is a way of life I suppose... look at me all deep. lol.

So I exercised, ate a GREAT breakfast... so where is this headache coming from? I am almost thinking I am adjusting to being on the pill again.

Jill - we posted at the EXACT same time... I need to cut back on the sodium thing, but how can you tell if it has lots? Besides if it actually tastes salty. I'm not eating tons of prepared foods, enlighten me!

Kimberley - there really is nothing like a good sleep after a busy day! I went to the only Applebee's around here.. and I had something that tasted SO bad I didn't bother ordering anything else. Plus... if you return something because of how it's cooked, don't you think the cook is going to do something nasty to it? That would be gross, eh?

I am off I think... hehe... ttyl!

-Aimee
Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 AM   #70  
Howie6267's Honey

Jen, please do keep posting -- great to see you here!

My jacket came from Land's End today, and it fits great. I'm so psyched! A friend we've made through the coffee shop invited me over to do some scrapbooking with her, and I stepped out our front door to see the UPS box on the doorstep. My friend has a similar corderoy jacket in a sage green, so we plan to wear our jackets to the coffee shop the next time we meet, just to be goofy. She has *tons* of scrapbooking supplies and various tools, so going to her house is like being in a store. I've never seen such a collection of cool gadgets, and she's so generous with everything, so fun to visit with while we work on our pages. It's nice to have someone to visit like that.

Here's my new duds - jeans, tunic and tank top from Lane Bryant and jacket from Land's End. The boots I've had for years. This is the first time I've had a really pulled together outfit in *years*. I will wear it to death. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K-jacket-s.jpg (23.8 KB, 75 views)
Old 11-16-2005, 08:48 AM   #71  
Eating for two!

Jen, feel free to swing by and post anytime! We used to have more than just 4 chicas here, but some seem to have gotten lost along the way...

Wow, Kimberley, that's a great outfit! I love a lot of things at Lane Bryant, but I've got to hit it just right during a great sale since I refuse to pay $34.50+ for most clothing. I do get email coupons from them a lot for $25 off a $75 purchase, so I usually use those to buy some clearance items.

I also like their bras the best because they have normal, feminine styles in larger band sizes. Most other plus size shops don't carry the bitty little B-cups I need Oh how I long for the days when I can buy a 38 B at Walmart. It's not far off, though...I'm wearing the 42 B from LB today, whereas I haven't worn this one in months because it was too tight on the sides (I had to stick to my 44 Bs)!

As for the sodium, Aimee, aside from readin labels, I don't know! I just assume that basically anything I get from a restaurant has about a million mg of sodium in it because it is found in a lot of preservatives and such. Even some frozen chicken I see at the grocery store says "up to 15% salt solution" or something like that on the bag, so it can come from unexpected places. Today, I'm having only foods that say riht on the label how much sodium there is.

For some reason, I have been SO hungry yesterday and already today. Normally, I have a diet soda in the morning (for the caffeine since I don't drink coffee or tea), hit the gym, then have a small breakfast (usually a packet of oatmeal), then a snack around 10am (usually yogurt or a Special K bar), then lunch around noon (a sandwich and popcorn or leftovers from dinner). For well over a month, I have had between 600-700 calories during the day and then a bigger dinner, and I have not felt hungry. I haven't changed the amount of protein or anything lately, so I don't know what's going on. I'm certainly not exercising more than normal. It's 8:45am right now, and I normally would have had just soda and breakfast and would be fine, but I am feeling hungry and have already had my soda, Special K bar, and 100-calorie packet of Oreo crisps. I'm eyeballing that packet of oatmeal as if it were a male stripper sitting on my desk! Normally, I would say, hey, if I'm hungry, it's for a reason, and I should eat. I waited long enough to be sure it's not a craving (who craves reduced-sugar oatmeal, anyway?!). But since my weight is already up a little, I feel guilty giving in to the hunger and eating more! what's a girl to do...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #72  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

HI gals....thanks for the invite....will post a bit more about stuff with me shortly. I'm training our office temp at the moment.

Be back in a bit!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #73  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, Jen. Good to see you here. I definitely agree that you should join in, we'd love to have you.

Yes, pizza is one of those foods that's always pleasin'. New York pizza is especially good. We had this pizza place in Calif too, named Ye Olde Pizza Jointe, with a giant pipe organ that a guy named Jerry Nagano came and played a couple of times a week. California pizza is thin crust, and it's what I grew up with (YUM).

Aimee, I consider myself one of the easiest people in the world to shop for. I'm always, ooh, I like that. The internet makes life so easy, I love even buying clothes off it. I like epinions to find out about stuff, that's how I picked a digital camera for Rob. I buy plane tickets off the www. Rob likes chocolate, so I found this store in I think it was Washington (state of) and bought him a little gourmet collection. I think it's great that we can have access to so many stores everywhere this way that we might not otherwise.
I even ordered a friend of mine in California coffee and macadamia nuts from Hawaii once.

PS: Good luck with the bonus.

Kimberley, way to go with the clothes! You're lookin' good, gal. Man, I get up 2 or 3 times in the night going to the bathroom (too much information, right?).

I had a friend who gave me a bunch of scrapbook materials she was getting rid of. I'd never done it before and made a memory album of one of our vacations. It was work, but really fun. It's a great way to preserve memories.

Jill, when I eat asparagus it can get rid of ALOT (that's a warning) of excess water in my system. Rob says broccoli is supposed to do it too, but I REALLY notice it with asparagus. Luckily, I love asparagus.

Weather changes seem to effect my appetite. It keeps getting warm, then cold here. And if I eat more my appetite increases, at least for maybe a day. And if I get my TOM.... wow, I could go on...but I won't.

I gotta run and do an errand. Take care.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #74  
Eating for two!

Well, I've successfully cured my hunger. After the strawberries, peaches, Special K bar, Oreo crisps, oatmeal, can of coke zero, and 2 bottle of water, I was still feeling hungry! So for lunch, I had a slice of cheese pizza and a small salad The other option in the cafeteria today was taco salad bar, so I am glad I steered clear of that (even though the chips and cheese and sour cream looked really yummy...). Anyway, I've now successfully eaten about 1450 calories today, and it's not even 1pm yet Hope Jeff likes water and lettuce for dinner

So, I have successfully (though not sensibly) cured the hunger problem, but now I feel SO tired! Can we say sugar crash? Not only did I have plenty of carbs in the pizza crust (which was neither thick nor thin, kinda in between--Chicago, maybe? ), but I also had regular honey mustard dressing on my salad Ahh well, c'est la vie. Now I REALLY don't want to weigh in at TOPS tomorrow night!! QUICK, someone give me an excuse to miss the meeting
Old 11-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #75  

Goodmorning!! I'm being such a good girl lately! I exercised and ate a good breakfast again.. I always think it's a good idea to start the day in a good way I also peaked on the scale, down another pound... could this be possible that I've lost 2 pounds this week? (I couldn't resist putting that 1pound down again).

Kimberley - wowsers!!!! You are looking HOT!! How do you find things at Lane Bryant? I go there and never find a darn thing! You are cheesy btw.. re: wearing the same jacket as your friend

Jill - We all get those days when we are more hungry. Maybe it's the gym factor? Perhaps youare burning more calories, and require more calories? I don't fit Lane Bryant bra's... I've tried on SO many! I'm also a weird size, 38DD, not quite plus, not quite non-plus. I seem to be in the middle of lots of sizes lately... plus sizes are too big, and smaller sizes are too small... it's poopy! hehe...

Marge - What should I get for christmas? hehe... Josh asked me last night.. I said Coco Channel diamond earrings.. I think it's a bit out there.. uhm, but I kinda want them! I need to sit down and give it some real thought.. people keep asking me what I want and if I don't give them ideas they might fend for themselves!!

Alrighty, I better go shower, I am running late of course... hehe... bye!

-Aimee
Closed Thread