Old 11-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

hey, is there any way you can force your daughter into rehab or something? If she's this into drugs she's probably not even thinking straight. She needs to get off whatever she's doing or her life is never going to come back together. I know she's frustrating right now, but I wonder if there is a way to force someone into rehab??? MIght be nothing there, but it was a thought.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:01 AM   #152  

I know they are making her do a drug and alcohol assessment-I have no idea what all that entails and I know they will want to do surprise UA's also. I just wish she would get away from that guy so much. There is no way I am allowing him over for a visit-he has no legal right too and I don't want him around me let alone my kids. I suppose legally Jason could do it since they are still legally married although seperated-I will just be glad when Monday gets here and I can talk to the social worker about this stuff and see what my options are.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:59 AM   #153  

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear the trouble your daughter is causing. You did the right thing, better to err on the side of caution. No one can fault you for looking after the best interests of the children. Maybe you could look into legal aid if you find you need an attorney? Our prayers are with you, I told DH about what you are doing for your grandchildren, he was so touched that you care, (his mother dropped him off at various relatives for months at a time when he was little). Don't worry about sounding off here, that's what we are here for!!!!

Cadwell, I hope you get feeling better soon, no fun being sick during the holidays.

Congrats Theresa on the pounds lost!!! Some times it just takes a little shake up in the routine to get your body losing again. Keep up the good work.

LauraB, Take the compliments as well earned and deserved, just like you would do for a job well done at work. You deserve it, you've worked hard at something that is very difficult and are suceeding.

I see Melra is once again among the missing, sounded like she has been very busy lately.

I don't mean to leave anyone out, I just can't keep up with 2-3 days of posts. congrats to all for staying OP and keep on losing!!!

We've had a full month of Dr & Dentists here. Once again my blood pressure has become resistant to my meds so it's time to change them around again. This new one is causing a lot of flluid retention in my face so I guess I'll have to try something else.
It is frustrating to have to go through this every 6 months. My BP is an inheritied problem, it was high even when my weight was 124. I was hoping this med would work, it is cheaper than some of the others. Oh well, back to the Doc I go.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving as I probably won't get to post until after the holiday.
This is a very busy week, my 11 year anniversary, my 46th birthday, & Thanksgiving!!!
It's a happy, depressed, and happy week!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, have a wonderful day, be safe if you are traveling.

Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #154  

Thank you all for your support. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. Josh was up in the night sick so now I have 3 out of 4 ill. I have been up since about 4a this morning. I am already ready to shoot people. Cranky cranky cranky. Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am ok here. I am looking forward to talking to the caseworker tomorrow that is for sure.
melissa
Old 11-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #155  

MIL wanted Ty to spend another night last night and hubby agreed without telling me, and I WANT MY BABY BACK He's never been away from me more than one night and I miss him so much. I would have never allowed him to stay last night and actually wanted to run out and get him but hubby reasoned with me (Ty was already asleep).

I've been calling MIL all day to tell her he has to be home by 5PM but she won't answer her phone. Had hubby call and she picked right up I wonder how she was ever mature enough to raise her own kids...and it's no wonder hubby has so many issues

Melissa, I hope everyone starts feeling better. Be sure to let us know what the caseworker says tomorrow. I hope it's all great news for you. It is still so hard, I dont' know how you do it. I don't think I'd be strong enough to deal with it all as you do. If that guy is so scary, don't open that door to him, just don't! Let the caseworker know that he's threatening to you and the kids and you're not answering if he's there...her either, since really she shouldn't be there, and it's not good for the kids to see her looking that way.

Theresa
Old 11-20-2005, 01:32 PM   #156  

Odessa didn't even know who she was when she saw her yesterday. She basically greeted Kate like she does anyone else who comes to the door. I already decided that if they are stupid enough to come back, that I am just calling 911 and not even opening the door at all. I have that paper from cps stating there is no contact unless cleared ahead of time so they don't have a legal leg to stand on and I never should have to let David see Logan as he isn't the father and not married to Katy either. Even if he were married to my daughter he really has no legal rights over Logan at all. I learned all about that stuff when I was married to Dennis and things that concerned Kate. Basically the only thing a step parent is accountable for is monetary stuff. Like when Kate got a fine, he would be liable to pay it if it was the only income into the house. I am just not dealing with them if I don't have to at all. Even though Josh was sick, it was nice not to have to see Dennis today. I haven't been out of my house for a week now and it looks like I might be going another one. I am ready for a nap and Josh is standing on my last nerve too.
Melissa
Old 11-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #157  

Good plan to call 911 Melissa...keep all the doors and windows locked. I sound paranoid, I know...but you never know what people will do when on drugs. You can never be too safe. I am paranoid about that kind of thing when Steve is out on the road and it's just me and the kids here. I wish we could afford an alarm system. All we have right now is a motion detector light on the front porch.

I have slipped today, but have remained under control enough to not go overboard. I haven't eaten much, but what I did eat was junk. Food is low, but with what we just put out for the van and who knows what we'll pay for gas to go to Ohio, I just can't grocery shop this week. I bought a few things like bread and milk, and then dug into the deep freeze. Today I wasn't prepared and ended up running to McDs for $1 cheeseburgers...i know, worst thing for any of us. So, right now there's a roast in the crockpot and that will be for supper tomorrow. Lunch will be sandwiches for the next 2 days, and then I'll throw some beans into the crockpot tomorrow night for tuesday supper. I have eggs, oatmeal, sausage, and cereal for breakfast. We'll survive 2 days without the extras, and the kids still ahve their halloween candy for snacks. I just wasn't prepared today, should have put something from the deep freeze into the crock pot for tonight...but didn't think ahead

Theresa
Old 11-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #158  

It is times like this that I do wish I was married and had a man around the house. I even took my garbage out to the front of the house early. I usually don't think anything about taking it out after dinner even though it is dark but I surely do not trust that boyfriend of hers as far as I could pick him up and throw him.

My eating is not great at all. My budget for the 4 of us was 237.00 for food and with Thanksgiving and massive babyfood, it was shot down bad. I keep hoping that I will open my front door and find groceries there but so far no luck. I am supposed to have a houseful the day after Thanksgiving and I am not totally sure what I am going to feed everyone. I think I will probably tell Maryann to bring chips and salad and fix sandwiches out of the leftover turkey. Dunno yet.
Melissa
Old 11-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #159  

Do you have good neighbors that would look out for your house? As for food, definitely have someone bring something to help you out. Whoever you are clsoe to that would understand, just tell them what's up and ask them to bring something to help out. Heck, make it a pot luck and ask everyone to bring some leftovers of their own maybe. Don't put yourself out so that you and the kids have nothing left, it's not worth that. If you don't have what they want, they can get something when they leave.

My baby is back and I was SO happy to see him. He came in running and smiling and dove into my arms and I wanted to cry! I know, he was only gone 2 nights but it was eternity for me. I did get caught up on laundry and stuff around the house, got tons of time alone with Allie, so it was nice though I missed him.

Theresa
Old 11-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #160  

So glad your little man is home. I know how weird it feels when one is gone even if it is for a few hours. The first time the girls went overnight at other grandmas I called mom and didn't even know what to do with myself. I already emailed maryann for a head count and then when I find out what is going on, let her know of my plans for a potluck. I had already planned not to do anything really fancy this year. Josh is so picky and the girls are toddlers and Logan is doing the babyfood thing so I wasn't planning on making many of the things I usually do-just the basics and I got a very tiny turkey that I think I paid way too much for too lol. It will all work out-it always does.
Melissa
Old 11-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #161  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Melissa- I am so sorry you are going thru rough times. I am just going to pray for you and we are all here for support and hugs- I would so ask people to bring chips etc.. and there's nothing better than turkey sandwiches and you could even go fancy and have them hot with leftover gravy.or you could do turkey potpie - or turkey and noodles etc.. I hope everyone feels better soon- maybe a hot bath after everyone is in bed is what you need?
I hope Kate can get some help- drugs cause so much damage to families- I see it almost every day and it's so sad.

Theresa -I am so glad you get to go to Ohio! and I would have hubby about Ty being gone another night - I would have been so especially with your MIL being not being nice to you-

Suzette- happy Birthday- Happy Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!
everyone else!
I was in a mood all weekend hubby replaced water pump only to find another leak and we just clashed today and trying to find rides and make arrangements just annoyed the heck outa me. We tried to rent a car for 3 day but it was 150.00 and we could spend that but then wouldn't have had enough to fix the truck. I was being selfish cause he had to help some other people instead of working on the truck right away and he would have found the other leak and fixed it if he could have had more time. I was being a bit "witchy" today. He did a quick seal on it so hoping it'll last till he can repair the seals. at least he has 5 days off so he can repair it and I don't have to be in after wednesday so there is light at the end of the tunnel. we only drive 6 miles a day so it's not like we have to make major trips.
I did get in some Yesterday -but today was all My MIL took me shopping and we went into panera bread factory oh yes that's what you take a bread addict into The smell was unreal - I swear my mouth started watering, my tummy rumbles and there were all these girls running around with samples of bread and dip.. I wanted to mug one and steal the bread. I was very good and didn't tounch anything. Bought Hubby and jocie cinnamon buns- i don't like them so that wouldn't be a temptation.
Well i have laundry, dishes and Extreme makeover home will be on soon- gotta get tissues ready- (i am such a dweeb about shows like that)
Have a great night everyone!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #162  

Suzette-Happy B Day, Anniversary and Thanksgiving.
Theresa-Your MIL sounds like a real pain. At least you don't have to pretend to like her.
Melissa- I think about your often. I know you will get thru this. I think it is a good idea to ask people to bring a dish. We have a group of friends and when we all get together everyone brings something so no one has to do too much. Everyone is happy to do it.
DH is going to shocked when he comes home tonight after 3 nights away. I bought a non returnable floor lamp for the living room at an auction. I was seriously out of my mind. It is gold and has leaves and crystals and 6 shades. It looks like it came out of a brothel in 1920. It doesn't go at all in my very plain, kind of spare looking living room. It is definately a one of a kind conversation piece. He is going to flip out. I will have to blame him for leaving me alone for the weekend. If he had been with me, maybe we wouldn't have bought it. He won't buy this stupid logic. I can always put it in the guest room.
I am at 1600 calories cause of bread today. Sandi was good about resisting bread and I was not It was the last Sunday farm market till the spring and I had to buy a bread from a fabulous bakery that we won't see again till next spring. I had 4 small slices and it put me over my 1200-1300 calorie goal. I am pleased tho that I didn't fall off when people are noticing that I am changing. That's a big step for me.
Laura

Last edited by LauraB; 11-20-2005 at 08:52 PM.
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 AM   #163  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

happy birthday and anniversary suzette! have fun
hang in there melissa. if you have any trouble with kate or the boyfriend, you can always call the cops and that will be one more thing to help you keep logan safe with you.
lol laura. your lamp sounds awesome! hopefully you will find a good place for it. anyway, don't men usually defer to women when it comes to decorating? if not, there's always ebay
the sweet folks at my church sent dh home with a huge bag of fruit today when they heard i was sick. i was pretty excited when i saw three of those giant asian pears in the bag. boy i love those. just one filled me up and they have only 115 calories. i resisted the urge to nibble on the turkey and stuffing they also sent though. i'll have enough trouble with that on thursday.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #164  

Red face

Yes Cadwell-I just started buying the Asian pears and they are a real treat, but don't buy too many at a time cause they go bad quickly. I wonder if they are seasonal.
Melissa-I hope you get to the caseworker today with your documentation. I think you will feel better when the CW reassures you that no one can take Logan from you. Please let us all know.
My DH LIKES my lamp. He must be crazier than I knew. Of course he didn't notice it when he came home last night and I had to take him over to it this morning.

I am going to try to stay at 1200 calories Mon. Tues. and Wed so I can have a small dessert on Thursday.
I have to do my fall cleanup today because there is a possibility of snow Tuesday. I have flower pots to clean and store, chairs to put away etc. I am really late doing this job, but I always wait tilll the last minute to put off winter, my least favorite time of year. The good news is it's only 4 more weeks till the solstice and then the days will start to get longer again, and we will have a new grandchild just around that time.
Laura

Last edited by LauraB; 11-21-2005 at 09:23 AM.
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #165  

Laura, I hate winter most as well. My kids are freezing because it's in the 50s here..just wait until they get to Ohio I am always running around in short sleeves here while everyone is in their winter coats...they just don't know what cold really is! Bad side is, so far every trip to Ohio the kids have come home sick. I'm hoping with school, Allie's immune system is stronger this year. I keep them well bundled, but snow is just not fun unless you play in it I dont' know if there will be snow there this week, but it would be nice.

Cadwell, the fruit sounds so yummy! We only have apples right now and I can't buy more since we won't be home to eat it for 4-5 days I will have to look for those big pears when I get home.

Sandi, sorry about the pump problems. Spouses sometimes bump heads, but when the problems are fixed you guys will come together again. Cars can be so stressful, especially when you have to find other ways to get around.

No news from Melissa yet...I'll check back later and I hope you have good news today.

Theresa