Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #17 - Please Join In!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #2  

Default Monday Greetings

Hi Chickies!

My goals this week are to exercise 20 minutes plus a day and drink 48 oz water min. a day. My stretch goals are to track points on WW and be in bed by 11:30! So far I have exercise goal met and I have 2/3 of my water in.

Last weeks Leaders are:

Casper for 1 day of goals met!
Fishwoman for 1 day!
1of3 wishes for 2 days!
Bonniebell for 2 days!
me for 3 days!
Sweetkisses for 3 days!
Sandy for 3lbs lost! And how many days do we owe you goal kudos?

and drumroll please . . .
Leading the pack is . . .
Stacy with 6 days of Goals Met!

carla - hope you are feeling better.

have a great evening everyone.

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

New Goal: My muscles have been feeling pretty tight from weight training so I want to do my stretching video every night.

Congratulations everyone for last week!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #4  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning all! I am going to try the no alcohol challenge again. Yesterday was day one!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #5  

Hi Welcome Everybody to CHALLENGE # 17
My weekly goals would be
to increase my water intake
write everything I eat in the journal
exercise daily ( which I am doing for past 7 months)
hope to loose a pound this week.
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Monday was successful!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 AM   #7  

Hi all, just a very quick "hi, I'm fine". (hard to write with both hands full of the food I'm busy shovelling in.) I intend to blame the rainy grey weather...

Later, gators.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning all! Yesterday was day 2 with no alcohol!
Old 10-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Am I too late to join in this challenge?
TamLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #10  

Default Missing you!

Good Evening (hmm Morning) Ladies!

How is and where is everyone??? It seems I am not the only one missing in action.

TamLynne Jump on in! The time to start any challenge is right now. Let us know what action goal(s) your are working on this week and we will encourage and support you through Sunday. Then we all start over with another 7 day challenge on Monday. We give you kudos for everyday you complete your challenge - so you still have 4 days of cheers coming your way.

Fishwoman for 2 days of no alcohol.

Stacy for Monday's goal - What stretching video are you using?

carla - thanks for checking in. Hang in there. Are you doing another 21-day challenge right now?

Hey Sandy - how are you doing on your goals?

Bonnie how are you doing? We are still praying for you and your brother

We are missing quite a few people here. 1of3 wishes, Sweetkisses we are missing you. Could we all be just busy to post? Or are we being overly concerned about content?

Although one of the purposes of this thread is focus and keeping the personal stories at a minimum, it would be cold and stagnant if we don't share some personal part of ourselves, including an occasional reference to joys and sorrows that have nothing to do with our weight loss.

My share for the week is I am going nuts. Things are so crazy, disorganized - and there aren't enough hours in the day! My grandmother has been moved to hospice and my house and work is in total disarray. All the stress is affecting my butt - which is growing. I am not getting my water, missed 2 days of exercise and skipping meals. However, for 2 days I fell asleep before 10 so I made my sleep goal!

So I am challenged this week. Any advise? Who else is challenged? If you are having success with your goals, please share how your are doing it. If you are challenged, share what and why and let's help each other be as successful as the 5 to 7 dayers!

mscat-
Old 10-20-2005, 09:03 AM   #11  

Hi! Everybody, I am really low in spirits right now my father is very sick and has few months left now He is back in my home contry and I am not able to visit him ( my DH is waiting for his VISA which is changed will take few months) meanwhile I am on phone and internet to know whats happening with my father. I was the pampered one by my father I dont want him to go without meeting me.
Mscat- I am checking the daily news here but now you all know how I am feeling, I will definetly share my achievement at the end of this week.
TamLynne to the challenge its really nice over here.
I really need this.
later girls.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

3 days with no alcohol - it is definitely helping keep my calories down. This may be just what i need to finally drop below 145.

sandy - I am so sorry to hear about your father I hope you will be able to see him, but remember that he knows he is in your thoughts every day.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:47 PM   #13  

Default Thursday check-in

Hi Ladies - I didn't get on the TM this a.m. but I am determined to get a workout in before the night is over. I am working on my last 24 oz of water.

Fishwoman on your 3rd Day - You go Girl!

Sandy - Sorry to hear about your Dad. You are in my prayers. I hope things work out for you to see him.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #14  

Hi! Everybody! Thanks for the support girls.
My goals of writing down in food journal is going on..... I think I am already in the habit now.
I am still on my 48 oz of water and its winter already I am loving it outside.
my routine is a bit disturbed for a week now because of natural reasons.......
Happy Thing Today is I am taking kids for Pumpkin Carving.

for all our goals
Old 10-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #15  
Cynical RedHead

Wow. Yesterday was day 4 with no booze. We had steak and sauted mushrooms for dinner last night; I really wanted a nice glass of red wine but I resisted!

Happy Friday everyone!