Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #31  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Carly, I can't remember if I was hormonally whacked when I had mine done or not. I know I was sore for the first day. It's funny how you can block some of this stuff out. I can't remember the pain of having kids but I can definitely remember my arthritis woes from before. Did you get your test results?

I'm in Montana. Tornadoes are really unusual here. We get funnel clouds but nothing ever really touches down. In the paper today it said there wasn't much damage. It touched down in many farmland that the gov.t is using for conservation programs. I was kind of worried because my ex still lives out there, but he only got some hail dents.

I've started out my morning okay. I had my Quaker oatmeal and a cup of tea with some s/f f/f french vanilla creamer. Yum. I'd never thought of doing that before but then my mil does it, so I tried it and creamer in tea is actually really tasty.

I'm not sure what kind of exercise I'll get in today because I have an arthritis flare in my leg. I'm hoping since today was my weekly medicine day, it'll disappear in fast time. I'm getting more aches and swellings than I have been. My appt. with my rheumatologist is in Sept. so maybe I'll get switched to one of the newer drugs or get an additional one to take with the ones I'm on right now. I am NOT taking anymore prednisone though. The weight gain is horrible and the long terms effects of it aren't really awesome either.

Better go. I have to run to Walmart and get a tank cleaner and a fish net for Kayla. We got her some more fish last night and her darling little sister dumped the food in the tank. Now, this mom gets to clean it out. I wish we would have saved all our stuff from before but as life goes...we didn't.

Talk to you soon,
Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #32  

Default Good morning

chris- goodmorning

yes i received my results and they said everything is normal... believe me that was a relief..i still feel very hormonal... not sure why that is.. but since i received the results i think i am not as stress.. now i know i need to really take care of me.. this was an eye opener.. if you know what i mean..

regarding how you are feeling.. i am sorry your body is not working with you.. i hate those days when the body has a mind of its own... i have a question for you..

1) do you eat and drink alot of dairy???

i have read that if you elimanate dairy from your diet.. yes you will have to supplement with calcium pills but if you take dairy out of your diet the athritis seems to disappear.. maybe not completely but quite a bit... maybe you should try this for you 28 day challenge.. rid your body of dairy and sugar for 28days.. see if you feel anybetter... make sure you mark it on your calander everyday so you stay on track.. remember though the first few days or maybe a week or so.. you will have other symtoms... maybe feel like you are getting a cold.. runny nose things like that.. but that is all the toxins coming out of your body... once your rid yourself of that.. then you will feel better.. try it.. what can it hurt.. right.. let me know.. and remember i am here to support you.. if you want to vent to me go right a head.. i dont mind... i will listen and try to help... this is just something i had read somewhere... i think if your body is fighting you then you need to try everything to see if you can help it get back to normal for you... just my suggestions..

I havent been doing to good myself with the eating and everything.. i have been so tired lately not sure what that is all about.. my house looks like a train has ran over it.. so i do need to get on the ball and get it cleaned... i am going tomorrow to apply for a second job.. working 24hrs a wk.. for health insurance... i am going to be even more tired so i have to get some routines down in my life and find some balance.. any and all suggestions would be greatly apprciated.. this is a house full of 5 people... 19 yr old son, 17 yr old son and 13 almost yr old daughter and hubby.. my hubby helps me out alot.. but the kids... they do nothing... so any suggestions on getting them motivated to help would be helpful to... thank you... i know this if off topic.. but i think weight health is everything in your life.. if you dont have balance its hard to stay on track...

well chat soon

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #33  
Focus on the Process

Carly, I only have sec because I have family coming over for dinner but wanted to say Congratulations on the normal test results. I bet you that was a huge relief and load off your mind.

I should try taking dairy out too and sugar also. NEither of which I've been doing so well at. I did get my WW magazine yesterday, that kind of peps me up and gets me back to thinking on healthier terms.

I'll check back later when things aren't so hectic.....

~chris
Old 08-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #34  

Default good evening

hey chris

I hope you had a great day with the family...

regarding how we are doing with the life style change.. i am really doing poorly.. i think the 10 pounds i lots 3 wks ago is back... oh well.. try try try again... so starting tomorrow i think i will write down everything i eat... that will be a start in the right direction i think... i will make healthier choices and portion my meals... we will see what happens... not sure why all of a sudden i am just a food funky and it doesnt matter what kind of food... good for me or bad for me...LOL,,,,

well i will check back later i hope you had a great day..

carly
Old 08-15-2005, 12:31 AM   #35  
Focus on the Process

Carly, the family get-together went great. Try try again! Tomorrow will be the day for that! I ate my goodies tonight and I am giving it my best effort this time. I don't think I've been as disciplined or enthusiastist, or as vigilant as I should be. My grading system worked good for a bit...but I think in the school of weight loss I've been getting "F's" instead of A's or B's. THey say there is a point when it all justs clicks and then weight loss isn't such a harrowing or challenging experience anymore. I can feel that point of understanding just under the surface, I just have to get to it or let it out....whichever. If I choose to do this in a year, I only need to lose 1 lb a week. That is more than doable. Food is something I can control. I've done that quite well before. Exercise is where I need the most discipline. That is going to be my biggest challenge. So here is what I AM going to do....

1. Cut out sugar.
2. Limit dairy
3. Exercise 30 min/5 times a week
4. Tone and strength training 3 times a week....
5. Wake up earlier, go to bed earlier.
6. Absolutely no fast food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Think positive.

I keep telling myself...I'll start tomorrow. Then tomorrow comes and I do the same thing. NO MORE OF THAT! It's going to be a "DO IT TODAY" thing. We can do this, Carly!!!!! I can feel it!

have a great rest of the night. Remember to journal your food tomorrow and I'll do the same.

~chris
Old 08-15-2005, 06:27 AM   #36  

Default Good morning

wow chris that sounds like a great plan.. and how positive you are... we will do great today.. wish me luck.. i am going for an interview today.. looking for a night job.. need to get better health ins. so i found a nursing home that will hire me and re train me.. i was a licensed cna but let my license expire when i started doing office work.. but anyways, they will retrain and pay for my testing again.. and if i work 22.5 hrs aweek i can get health ins .. which means my hubby can drop it from his work and get that 106 dollars put back in his pay.. because financially we are doing so poorly... not that i really want to work 62.5 hrs aweek.. but i have to get us back on our feet to a point where we can breath.. ya know.. i think everything is balance and we are going to learn to get some in our lives..

you are going to do great today.. i will check back later... enjoy your day and keep smiling...

carly
Old 08-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #37  
Focus on the Process

Carly, Hey girl! How'd the job thing go? Did you get it?

Today I've been doing better than I expected. Of course, that might be due to the fact that my tummy doesn't feel so good. But anyhow, I got in 2 miles of walking. For breakfast I had a WW Banana Split. I make it a little different then theirs but I use s/f cereal like some cheerios and put a few in a bowl. Slice up a banana on it, dump a little carton of ff yogurt on it and 1 T. of slivered almonds. It's a nice change from cereal all the time. For lunch I had some sliced deli chicken breast wrapped around 2 string cheeses and some grape tomatoes...and water. For a snack this afternoon I had a yogurt and for dinner a hamburger pattty and cottage cheese. I know...you see alot of dairy there too.... Tomorrow will be easier because I'll be home all day.

How'd you do today? I want details..girl.... Sounds like you're feeling a bit more positive today too. We can do this, for sure!!!

~chris
Old 08-16-2005, 05:51 AM   #38  

Default Good morning

chris,, you did great.. yes alot of dairy but hey healthy... i didnt do so well.. i started out ok.. but then just rocketed down wards.. but thats ok.. today .. i go back to work.. so i usually do so much better when working.. my down fall these days is eating at night.. something i never really did before but since istopped smoking.. that seems to be the thing to do.. but i will work on that to.. lack of energy doesnt help me either.. do you take vitimins??? i dont but thinking i should start..

well i know you will do great today.. i will check back later...

carly...
Old 08-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #39  
Focus on the Process

Carly, my bad time of day is in the afternoon until dinnertime. I don't feel really hungry after breakfast for a long time and I hardly ever snack after dinner. The afternoon is a whole other story. I use WW online and I journaled all my food for yesterday and for once in a very long time, I didn't even dive into my flexpoints. That felt good.

Today is my day off. I have some housework to get caught up on since Kelly did service calls all day and left the kids with his mom. I've been babied too long. I'm so used to coming home to a clean house and dinner on Mondays...
Yesterday it looked like a cyclone went through here. And when I got home, I didn't feel good so I didn't want to do much of anything. I loaded the dishwasher and started it and then rested. My kids have given me a nice cold. I know, its strange to get a cold in the summer of all things. OH, I did get all my books ordered for school last night though. Now I just need to pick them up on the 29th. $507!!! for 5 classes. All together, this semester is costing around $3000. Thank heavens for financial aid.

I better go. Kelly has me running all over town: making deposits, paying the mortgage, paying a loan, and going to the next town 15 miles away to pay our insurance. NOT what I wanted to do today. Talk to you later. Have a great day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris
Old 08-16-2005, 10:35 PM   #40  

Default good evening

Chris, sounds like you had a very busy day... you poor thing... I went and applied for that job not sure how it went waiting for the call ya know..
I have to get training again.. i let my cna license expire... about 7yrs ago.. i am very nervious about the whole thing... but i am going to keep looking.. i do need to get out of where i am working.. things are just not right there. i like my boss he is very nice but he makes me worry... when he cant pay his rent how is he going to pay me... ya know.. and i relie on my pay... my mortgage will not get paid if i dont get a paycheck...

wow, your schooling is so expensive... how much longer are you in school for???

did i tell you my daughter wants to be homeschooled.. well i am looking into it.. i just dont want to ruin her....lol..

well the eating was a little better today.. i did drink lots of water so that is a plus... everyday,,, i get a little better... at least i didnt go back for seconds i always find that to be a plus..LOL,,,

well have a great night... check back tomorrow

carly
Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #41  
Focus on the Process

I'm checking back tonight because I got called to work tomorrow. THe other gal is with her daughter in the hospital. Not sure what's going on with that or which daughter it is. Hope she's okay though.

My ex MIL passed away tonight too. She's been in a nursing home in a town about 70 miles from here for the past 2 yrs. She had emphysema but I guess she died from a heart attack. She's had a rough rough time for the last few years or so. Before the nursing home, she was living in her mobile home. She fell asleep smoking and it caught on fire and burned to the ground and she lost everything, including her car. Then she almost did the same thing in a hotel she was staying in. Then she got so weak from the emphysema at the next place she stayed and she was alone. They found her, called my SIL and then took her to the hospital where she was in ICU for awhile. Then after that, she went to the nursing home. I wish I would have gotten Tiana up to see her more. So many regrets along life's way, huh? She's at peace and not fighting for her every breath. So that's a good thing. My ex is on his way to see his wife, who went to her mom's house. And that's another mess in itself. I won't even go there. I gotta keep telling myself, None of my business. My business is my daughter right now. His wife is gonna get a shock though. She'll be surprised, and probably mad, but I"m going to the funeral. Would you go, if it were you? I was part of the family for 9 yrs and then helped her out with things when my ex was in prison. (another story I'll tell you about sometime).

I suppose I better go. Morning comes fast and I'm really not looking forward to it. I have to take my kids with me. No babysitter. Darn it!

I'll check back after work. TTFN and no worries. Tomorrow is another great day to be on track with our weight loss efforts.

~hugs
chris
Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 PM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, Chris...you said you and Carly were happy here but lonely, so I decided to stop in and say hello. Carly- FYI I go wayyyyyyyyyyy back with this board- somewhere around the SAHM's (stay at home mom's) # 15 or something like that......it has been years, I think 4 for me. Anyway- nice to meet you! My name is Ginny and I am the mother of 3 (Dd 19, Ds 16, Dd 9). I am a school bus driver, on WW....trying to get these last few # off (about 10 depending on how today's WI goes). I dropped off this thread because it was SO busy, and I had a hard time keeping up with multiple posts a day. I have been known to stop in and say hello from time to time......so here I am.

Gotta go get a million things done......see ya !
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #43  
Focus on the Process

Hi Ginny...I read your message. I'll have to get one written to you soon. I have to work tomorrow and then I think go to a funeral either on Friday or Sat. Not sure which...

Carly, how's it going today? I was doing good until lunch...Wendy's called because I had the kids and had to take them to work with me. But I had a small chili, a baked potato, and a yogurt...but I found out, the yogurt is 5 WW points alone. OUCH! I guess, live and learn. I still only went over my points allowance and used 3 flexpoints. I did 30 min. of cardio salsa tonight, and 10 min. of strength training. Now I just need a shower...and a nice comfy bed.

I have to print tomorrow. I full day of standing on my feet. I wonder how many calories you burn standing for 7 hours???????

Better go. I'm going to try and find that one out. Now I'm curious. LEt me know how your day went.

~chris
Old 08-18-2005, 05:58 AM   #44  

Default Good morning

well it's very nice to meet you Ginny.. it sounds like you have done very well if you only have that last 10lbs to go.. and that is always the hardest.. but stick around we will help keep you motivated...

chris.. you did good even if wendy's called out your name... sorry to hear you have work and stand on your feet for 7hrs today.. i hope the day goes by fast for you..

I work long days but i sit on my butt all day.. office work ya know.. so my major issue is the secretary butt thing i have going on.. man, i need to work on that..LOL... ok so my eating was not great but was not as bad as it has been that is a start.. gram called last night to tell me her cancer has spread so in turn... i do not smoke anymore so i eat.. emotional eating is the worst.. I am back to being very worried and scared for her...but i also know its in god's hands and i have to trust in him..

my eating yesterday.

bowl of cereal for breakfast.. coco pebbles and whole milk.. i know bad
snack- sm container applesauce
lunch- left over speg not quite a bowl full
snack- sm peach
supper- 3 pieces of buffalo chicken pizza (small pizza).
snack- chocolate ice cream<<< not good at all..

ok so writing this down to you is making me feel like a real pig....LOL... if i do this everyday.. i will change my eating habits...

well i am going to work on doing much better today...

have a great day ladies..

carly
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #45  
Focus on the Process

I had a bad day....I did good with breakfast and dinner. Lunch was a whole other story. I had a rushed lunch hour so fast food it was. This isn't a coincidence or anything like that. I NEED to PLAN for days like this. I, at least, know where the problem lies and what to do for it.

I signed my girls up for dance today. Kayla is going to take jazz and tap. Tiana gets ballet, jazz, and hip hop. I think they'll like it.

Nothing else to report. Kind of a boring day here. I'll check back later.

~chris