Old 07-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #61  
Lucyee

Hi Anne, Glad you finally got some rain. Congrats on losing the 100 lbs. on WW. It is a good program and usually gets good reviews. I am doing okay and staying within my pt. range, so far. Poor little Toby having to get a shot, on Saturday. Our pets are our babies, that is for sure. I bet he just loves his dinner from the table, they all do. Some vets don't say anything, as long as he can handle people food. Have a good day.

Ali, I stayed out about one hour yesterday. It was unbearable, at 100 degrees and I was very glad to get back home, again and into the air conditioning. I was feeling wobbly. Finally, we got relief last night, so that is why I am doing some house work, today. Hope you are managing in your humidity. Take care.

Nikki, How's the project coming along. At least it is cool and I am sure you and your Dh are so happy about that. Hope it last, for a while. How are the tomatoes and the zucchini doing?? LOL!! TTYL.

Welcome back, Kate, It looks like you had a really nice time and what great exercise, you had. Fun stuff. Hope your internet gets fixed quickly. Stay cool and don't work too hard.

Barb, Good to hear from you. Sorry your job is as bad as it was before. Good news, that your Mom is handling her illness, okay, so far. It sounds like she is holding up, very well. My Dh just finished an extensive round of Chemo, back in March and is doing okay so far. We just keep the prayers going. It is a terrible shock and a rough thing to go through. Hang in there.
Well, I have to go back to my chores, UGH!! Wish I could afford a cleaning lady. LOL!!
Great day to all. Lucyee
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #62  

Good morning everyone,

Woke up to thunder and lightning for the 2nd morning in a row. Apparently there are thunder storms going along the coast.

Kate, welcome back! Glad you had a good time on your camping trip. You really did get a lot of exercise, especially the 5 mile bike rides. Have you got your internet up and running again?

Lucyee, sorry it's so hot that it's miserable to be outside. I know how hot the city can be. It's been in the 90's here, but I don't seem to mind it very much whenever I step outside for anything. It's humid, but I have felt worse humidity in NH. Go figure!

Anne, Lacee likes potatoes, and just about everything else. Whenever DH & I have Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Dinner, I always give Lacee a little bit of everything we're eating. She devours it. The only thing that I do know of that a dog should not have is chocolate. It can be very toxic to them. Good luck to Toby tomorrow getting his first shot. Do you have to have him tested for heartworm up there? When we were in NH, Lacee got heartworm medicine from May-Oct. Down here she has to have it year round.

Barb, that's good your mother seems to be handling things so well. Sorry that your work place isn't so hot. I don't like all that bickering either, it doesn't make for a good environment.

Nikki, how are things going on the house? Hope you're still getting cooler weather so you can work on it.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Ali

aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #63  

HI Everyone

The past few days have been a whirlwind of activity here. I wasn't able to use my computer for a good day, because it was covered up. We did get 3 windows in the wall and I got three rooms spring cleaned, due to the construction dust. DH says, he might have to cut more drywall around the windows, so I'm going to have to spring clean the rooms again. This time won't be as bad though, just get out my feather duster and dust the stuff.
Couldn't have done that last time, as things were really needing a good going over

Barb, you and your mom are still in my prayers and thoughts. Sometimes, hope and a postitive attitude are more important than any medicine that can be given.

Kate, your vacation sounds like so much fun. Was it hot or comfortable? You must be in pretty good shape to be able to do all those things. I've always wanted to kayak, but never have. It looks like such fun!

Anne, you might consider a dog vitamin if you are going to feed him people food. Plus, cook him some organ meat for an occasional feeding. I have a friend that cooks her cat a turkey every month and then portions the meat out, wraps it in plastic and freezes it.
Well, anyway, I've seen dogs survive just fine on people food. When I was growing up, most people didn't have money for dog food and the dogs ate the scraps. All the dogs I've ever had have loved potatoes off the table.

Ali, it is hot and humid here again. We had great weather for working outside in though. It really helped us to get more done.

Lucyee, I am going to have to get up early and pick vegetables in the morning. I love to do that. The locust are starting to sing and that reminds me that summer is starting to wind down, even though it seems it just got started. Next year, I'm not putting in as much garden. The yard is getting so shadey with the trees getting so big. I figure I can go to the farmers market for some things and still have room for a few tomato plants and peppers out back.

Well, better close and get ready for bed, take care everyone, Nikki

nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #64  

Just dropped in to say a big Happy Birthday (belated by one day) to Ali

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Nikki

Old 07-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #65  
Lucyee

Hi Everybody, Just stopped in to say hello. How is everyone, doing? I am doing okay, here in good old NJ. It is a bit cooler, so we are managing better. The worst time of the day is the afternoon, lately.
Nikki, Glad that you and your Dh got the windows done. That is quite a job, I'm sure. I bet you are both looking forward to the day, when you can sit down, look around you and say: "We Did It". A garden is a big job and as you said you can get the veggies from the Farmer's Market. We have a lot of open air markets, here in our little city. The veggies amd fruits are cheaper, than the super market. So, we do get the advantage of the fresh produce.
Ali, You are still getting your thunder storms, a fact of life in Florida. I spoke to some of my family, the other day and they are doing okay. They are used to the Florida weather and they love it there.I miss them, though.
Barb, Prayers and thoughts are with you, still. Hope the job is going okay.
Kate, I will be going upstate NY, in August, to visit my Sister and BIL. I probably will stay up there, about 3 weeks. They are in the Binghmaton area. When I go up, my Brother in law, always takes me to my favorite stores. So, I have fun.
Anne, Hope Toby took his shot today, okay. Poor little guy. Ulysses, my cat sends his regards. LOL!
Well, time to get the dinner going. Tonight, I am doing pork chops, cauliflower, baked potato and salad. I must admit though, I am longing for something sweet. What can I tell you? Take care and TTYl. Lucyee
Old 07-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #66  
Hang In There

Hi Gang, I've had a pretty good day. I slept a little later than usual, took my mom to buy some groceries (the one thing the doc ordered her not to do is drive and it's driving her crazy!!) and to lunch.

Later I took a nap and been lazy all afternoon. I did accomplish something I've been trying to do for over three weeks. I listed three items on EBAY. I took the picture, but haven't had time to get them listed. If they sell I'm going to lis t some more, but if they don't it's much too much work!!!

Barb
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #67  

Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. DH & I went to Ft Myers on Sat. and had lunch at a waterside restaurant next to a marina. As we were leaving Ft Myers we noticed a huge black cloud heading our way from the south. Yep, it followed us home, but we beat it by an hr. or so.

Nikki, thank you for your birthday wishes. How are things going with your house? You must feel good having those windows in place. That was quite an accomplishment. It's funny you should mention about the locust singing. In NH, the crickets used to make noise during the day when summer was winding down. I used to love listening to them because I knew fall was just around the corner. I have no idea what goes on in FL, I'll have to listen.

Anne, how did Toby make out with his first trip to the Vet? Hope he didn't mind his first shot. That's a good idea Nikki had about giving your dog some vitamins if you're going to make his dog food. When I used to cook a turkey, I would always boil up the giblets and give them to the dogs. They absolutely loved it.

Barb, glad that you had a good day. Good luck with selling on E Bay.

Lucyee, I love going to the farmer's market to buy vegetables. Down here people sell veggies and fruit off their trucks on the sides of the road. We used to frequent a farm stand to get their fresh picked corn. OMG, was it ever good.

Kate, how was work after your vacation? Hope things are going well with you.

Have a nice day everyone.
Ali
Old 08-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #68  
Hang In There

Just stopping by to say Hi. Yesterday was a very down day. Nothing specific, just one of those days. I did got to the club and exercise before work, so I should get points for that. I'm sitting here trying to talk myself into going back today, but I'm just not int he mood. Will it do any good. Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and are having a good weekend.

Barbara
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #69  

HI Everybody,

I'm catching up on my yard work. DH has starts his vacation in 3 days and we will devote the entire time to working on the house, so I want to try to get everything done before then. At least this time of year, the weeds aren't sprouting up as much.

Lucyee, it will be years and years before we can sit down and say this place is all done. It's ok though, it keep us out of trouble We have started to enjoy it so much, that we are talking about buying houses to flip after DH retires, for extra income and because we like it. We could work on them full time, so it would go much faster.

Barb, exercise is very good for relieving stress, so if nothing else, it will help some that way. How's the ebay stuff doing?

Ali, this morning, I was pulling weeds and grabbed a locust. It started to make that buzzing sound and scared me a good one. I screamed, because I thought it was a snake for a second. Then I realized what it was and I had a good laugh. I wear gloves anymore, because the yard is full of poison ivy. I pull it out by the roots, spray with an herbicide made for poison ivy and the stuff seems to flouish. Everyday I go out and there is more of it.

Hi Anne and Kate, hope things are well with you, TTYL, Nikki

Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #70  

Hi Everyone

Ali!!!! Hope you had a super Birthday celebration on Friday
Toby did great at the Vets on Saturday. He got three shots. One was for
distemper, one was for hepatitis, another for kennel cough??
He needs to go back in a month for a top up of the shots he has rec'd and
also it will be time for a rabies shot. He was alittle to young for that one
this time. The vet also gave him a pill for de-worming and a second pill
for us to give him on August 13. The vet made it look sooo easy.
He will begin receiving his heart worm meds when he is 6 months old.
That is also when I was advised to have Toby "fixed". Poor little guy
Nikki, when we bought Toby we bought some doggie vitamins. The little won't take them. We were advised to put a dab on our finger
and let the puppy lick it off. No such luck!!! I should try to mix it in his
dinner. As long as he doesn't detect it.........
The Vet couldn't believe he only weighed 5 pounds. With all that fur you
would figure he was heavier
Kate: We are back to the deep heat again!!! How about you? It is going
to be a sizzler all week long.
Lucyee, we have a farmers market at City Hall every Wednesday. I am going
tomorrow on my lunch hour to check it out I always say, I rather give
my money to the farmers!!!!
Barb, I have often thought of selling stuff on ebay. I'll be interested to see
how you do.
Take care everyone, Talk to you Wednesday!!!
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #71  
Lucyee

Good Afternoon, All!
Ali, I think I missed a message, that it was your Birthday, last Friday. I am so sorry. Happy, Happy Belated Birthday to you. Some how, I was looking straight at it and it didn't ring a bell. Maybe, I'm just tired because Dh has been sick with this Respiratory Infection and he has been coughing all night, since last Thursday. I am Bleary Eyed, from lack of proper sleep. Yesterday, he finally got a hold of the Dr. and he prescibed some Antibiotics, Nasal Meds, and a good stiff cough syrup. Last night, it was still not working yet, so I guess it will take a day or two, to show results. Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful day. Now, I hope I haven't mixed this up, too. LOL!!
Nikki, That is great about your Dh having vacation. I am sure, you are both really looking forward to it. Also, all the extra time it gives you both to devote to your working on the house. Flipping houses at Retirement sounds like a super idea and as you said you would have plenty of leisure time, to work on them. Retirement is when you want to keep busy, I have learned that for sure. Be careful, with the Poison Ivy and also, the Little Critters. You don't want anything, to ruin your vacation.
Anne, It sounds like Toby did very well, with his visit to the Vet. All those shots and the ones to come. Poor little guy. It is definetly a work of magic, to get our pets to take their Meds, isn't it. I've tried all the tricks, but usually was successful, puttng it in the food. Good Luck.
Barbara, Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Things are really tough, on you right now and your family. Believe me, I can really relate to you. I have been through, what you are going through. All you can do is the best you can. Sorry to hear that your Mom can't drive. It must be so hard, on her. You are still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up. Great job on going to do your exercise. Take care.
Waving Hi! to Kate.
TTYL, Lucyee
Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #72  

Good afternoon everybody,

I was out running errands most of the morning. Had to leave the computer off most of the afternoon because of pop up T-storms. Just had one go through a little while ago. It has cooled things down a bit.

Anne & Lucylee, thank you both for your birthday wishes.

Lucyee, I am so sorry that your DH isn't feeling very well. I hope the antibiotics help. It will take a day or two for everything to start working. Hopefully you can get some rest before you leave on your trip.

Anne, Toby sounds like he made out very well at the Vet. Congratulations!! Are the vitamins in liquid or pill form? If they are in pill form, wrap it in a piece of meat, cheese, cut off a piece of hot dog and stick the pill inside it, or coat the pill with peanutbutter and let him lick it. We had to think up clever ways to give our other dog, Shamrock pills because she would not take them. Each way worked until she discovered what we were up to.

Nikki, that sounds like a great idea, to buy a house to flip over. It will certainly keep you busy, that's for sure. I got a good chuckle out of you grabbing a locust. We have these teenie-weenie frogs around here and one day one of the little was behind the door handle on the outside storm door. I had gone outside and grabbed the door handle to shut the door and my hand went right around the frog. After screaming, my next thought was wondering if I crushed it. Thankfully I didn't. Now I am very careful when I grab onto door handles. I am really leery of pulling weeds around here because of red fire ants. DH dug out a bush and they swarmed all over him and he got bit in numerous places.

Barb, sorry you're not having such a good day. I know what you're going through, as I've been through this. It really must be hard on your mother losing her independence now that she can't drive. I remember how nervous my Dad was when he renewed his drivers license a few months before he passed away, being over 70 he had to take a driving test before they would renew his license. Hope tomorrow will be better for you.

Hi Kate Have you read any good books lately? I read two books, 4th of July by James Patterson and Eleven On Top by Janet Evanovich. I've started a spy thriller, but so far it's not doing much for me. Hopefully it will get better.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Ali
Old 08-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #73  

Hi everyone,

Anne, how awful about that plane crash. It was a miracle everyone survived. Was the crash anywhere near where you are and were any of the injured brought to your hospital?

Hope everybody is having a good day.
Ali
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone:
Ali: Pearson Airport is extremely close to where I live. You could actually walk there. The planes always look like they are going to land in our yard they're so low! The hospital I work in went into "code orange" which means
disaster. We are a designated trauma centre so if anything major happens
patients will be brought here. I was on route home when the crash occured.
It was in the middle of a thunder and lightening storm. Thank God it turned
out no one was hurt. Are those folks ever lucky. I bet they are shaken up
though.
Toby's vitamins are in a tube like toothpaste.
Poor Toby when I was doing the laundry this mornig he came up behind me
and I didn't see him. I accidently stepped on him. Poor little thing was crying
for a minute straight. My DH jumped out of bed to console him. I was in tears. He is walking ok, thank goodness. I am going to buy a bell for his
collar. He is only five pounds and I'm such a cow
Hi Nikki, How long does your DH get off for his vacation?
Hi Lucyee, I hope your DH is feeling better. My DH woke up with a fever
today. Something is sure going around.
Hi Kate, isn't it hot!!!
Barb I hope all is well with you today.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #75  

My internet service is still intermittent. I wrote a long post to all of you last night and lost it. Very maddening
Just wanted you to know that you're all in my thoughts. I hope to be back soon!

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote